[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New zero time dilemma thread Fucking off if you've not finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111
File: zero time dilemma pc.png (1 MB, 1195x700) Image search: [Google]
zero time dilemma pc.png
1 MB, 1195x700
New zero time dilemma thread
Fucking off if you've not finished it should come without mention
But in any case please spoiler your shit
>>
>they didn't make that bathroom music box song play anywhere else at all
>orchestral bell morphogenetic sorrow from the trailer nowhere to be found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCB5TvjH4M
>that song at the end of that same trailer nowhere to be found, except the credits sound like a remixed version of it
These are my only dissapointments
Other than that, I just feel empty, this was a huge part of my life these past 7 years, knowing we may be saying goodbye to these characters is sort of depressing
>>
>>343407246
Ultimately I wonder if that's why the ending didn't sit well with a lot of people. It just kinda...ended.

This is still the best game i've played this year though, and I think I may have liked it more than VLR, though not 999.
>>
File: ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_001.jpg (25 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_001.jpg
25 KB, 600x338
DECISION GAEMU TAIM
1) http://www.strawpoll.me/10638133
2) http://www.strawpoll.me/10638134
>>
>>343407481
Diana
Sean
>>
>>343407481
There is an option missing in the second poll
>>
So, Sigma gets the pleasure of getting ejected from his body by Young Sigma back to a future where his waifu is dead, right?

At least he still has Phi, I guess.
>>
Why are the puzzles in the booklet significantly more difficult and more poorly explained than those in the actual game?
>>
All decision games should have been like the button one
Timed and with other party members screaming at you while the camera zooms into either your face or whatever you are using to choose
>>
File: 20160630105149_1.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160630105149_1.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>343407481
>100% Diana
Perfect.
>>
>>343407661
that would be a spoiler
>>
>>343407707
No, not right
Only the VLR timeline has that
The only problems I had with the endings were
>files instead of cutscenes, or at least narrated still images with music
>no files for D- team (seriously wtf ?)
>>
File: Eric Ice Cream.png (395 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Eric Ice Cream.png
395 KB, 620x465
>>343407865
>for one Sigma, 45 years of hard work, all wasted because of the temptation to press a button.
>>
Why does Akane suddenly have purple hair??
Where is Santa
>>
Not finished yet so not really browsing the thread but does the game point out in the flow what parts you get passwords? VLR did it for the bombs.
I forgot to note down all I got so far and can't really remember which scenes had the ones I missed.
>>
So maybe i'm completely retarded and off base with this, if I am feel free to correct me, because I want to know, Was the one inhabiting Kyle's body at the end of VLR Sean/the Quantum Computer as it was born?
>>
>>343408232
Why is Junpei an entirely different character after one year while 40 years of solitary bitterness only had a minor impact on Sigma?
> Where is Santa
Helping from outside is all the explanation you get.
>>
>>343408401
Because Sigma takes things in stride better I suppose.
>>
>>343408283
Nope. Take screenshots of anything that seems important.
>>
>>343408469
Shit.
>>
>>343408283

IIRC all the important ones are:

Q's head's password: Reality fragment bad end
Force Box C: C-end
Force Box Q: Q-end-2
Yellow door: D-end-2

Can't remember if I missed any.
>>
>>343408530
I think they come from endings with unique icons so check those out. Which passwords are you trying to find out?
>>
>>343407352

So let me get something straight,

Zero/Delta engineered Radical-6 and released it on 8 billion to counter the effect of the terrorist's virus? Why is this unnamed terrorist's/religious fanatic's identity and motivations never expanded upon, is it due to Delta's lack of ability to shift? Seeing as it is the major conflict to be resolved in the game, I really expected more.

As far as mindjacking and SHIFTing is concerned, is the entity ? from the last game who possesses Kyle, the same person as the entity controlling the decision making process in ZTD (I understand that the player was meant to be Kyle's consciousness at the end of VLR, but in ZTD it seems like Delta is the one mindjacking the decision-maker sometimes. Is it a combination of both the player and Delta over the course of ZTD?).

The alien technology aspect of the plot also bothered me a little due once again to how it seems merely brushed over

Why does the game do detailed exposition
>>
>>343409132
>terrorist virus
No virus just a random isis dude, one in 8 billion who manages to cause instability leading to war
He isn't that important since there's loads of theme even in our own world, 9 shifters and crash key could easily find him
>>
File: 1286321886923.png (13 KB, 707x228) Image search: [Google]
1286321886923.png
13 KB, 707x228
I don't even understand how to interpret or answer the questions 3-6 in the booklet.
Or what you're supposed to do with the digits being over 10 in 1 and 2, and the numbers = letters in the corners.
>>
File: PrtScr capture.png (22 KB, 751x134) Image search: [Google]
PrtScr capture.png
22 KB, 751x134
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>>343407352
It didn't sit well with me because there wasn't a single puzzle room in the "true route", just slapping in passwords from other scenes and a shitload of cutscenes. And then it's just another cliffhanger for a sequel with zero sense of resolution.

It also only took me 20 hours to get 100%, compared to 30 hours for VLR, and I didn't skip anything in ZTD at all while skipping through most of the text in VLR as fast as I was reading it (ie not waiting for the voices to finish), so it's a pretty significant reduction in content there. And the lack of budget is painfully obvious with this new system of presentation.
>>
Forgot to spoiler my post

>>343409132

>Zero/Delta engineered Radical-6 and released it on 8 billion to counter the effect of the terrorist's virus

No, the blood-eruption virus was never relevant. It was just 'a terrorist attack that led to nuclear war'. The other virus probably couldn't have killed many people anyway since the incubation period is very fast and 100% fatal, so it wouldn't spread very well. The terrorist was just one random asshole who probably detonated a bomb in the middle of the road right when the President's limo drove over it by sheer luck or some shit

> is the entity ? from the last game who possesses Kyle, the same person as the entity controlling the decision making process in ZTD

The only one mindhacking the teams is Delta, ? is never mentioned in the game. It's possible that ? is Sean's consciousness when he was first created, but the honest answer is we don't know until either 4zeroescape or Uchi puts up his answers page like 999 and VLR had.

>The alien technology aspect of the plot also bothered me a little due once again to how it seems merely brushed over

Agreed, it seems like it's basically only there because Uchi wrote himself into a corner and needed a magical time travel machine as an out. They could've at least explained it as some shit like it was built by humans accessing the morphogenetic field to pull blueprints from the far future or something. ANCIENT ALIUMS is just weird.
>>
File: 1467335702876.png (546 KB, 851x436) Image search: [Google]
1467335702876.png
546 KB, 851x436
That's exactly what he did.
>>
How does Delta even know about the extinction of mankind in the future if he can only read minds and not access the field? He couldn't have read the mind of someone who came back, because everyone is dead.

And how the fuck is he walking around and pulling off shit like this when he's so goddamn old?
>>
Well it didn't wrap up everything and had some issues.

But it wasn't Corpse Party Blood Drive, and I got some answers I wanted and some great character moments, so i'll take it.
>>
Who here /complex motives/ ?
>>
File: 20160701132318_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160701132318_1.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>343409742
>The only one mindhacking the teams is Delta
But he wasn't there for the non-Q decisions, like the decontamination room ones. And pic related also implies that he wasn't manipulating them and is aware of the player / ?.
>>
>>343409742
The FBR virus doesn't exist, it was a metaphor. "Fanatic Bio R" with a 100% death rate refers to the religious fanatic who causes the nuclear war and ends humanity (100% death rate, 8 billion people), Radical-6 is its counter since it kills the fanatic before he can act and only has a 75% death rate (6 billions).
>>
>Akane and co SHIFT like a 100 times in the game but suddenly at the very end Akane's preaching about how wrong it is
>Akane going all moralfag on Delta even though technically she's done the same thing he's done before
>Was hoping for Junpei and Akane to clash over their different values and morales, instead they spend the whole game flirting with eachother and then live happily ever after
>Carlos lives happily ever after with his little sister, too
>Q-team go back in time to unmake Mira a serial killer and then she gets married to Eric. But you can't unmake someone a psychopath, who's to say she won't murder someone in the future
>Nothing on what happens to D-team
>NO KYLE

So that was an ending I guess
>>
File: 1292408991926.png (25 KB, 632x793) Image search: [Google]
1292408991926.png
25 KB, 632x793
>>343410043
Damn, that was a good one.
>>
>>343410191
That Akane thing pissed me off, they flirted with the idea of Junpei having it out with her over the shit she pulled, but never did it. Akane had no right to take the high ground on ANYTHING.
>>
File: Santa_(9).png (154 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Santa_(9).png
154 KB, 400x600
Be honest, did you like Delta's reveal? I feel like I couldn't appreciate it like others may have because I missed every single hint
>>
>>343410043
>The FBR virus doesn't exist
It must exist because otherwise Mira wouldn't be able to go on to kill D-team in the ending where Q-team injected themselves with Radical-6.
>>
>>343410191
I haven't played VLR since it released, but I was rather confused by the mechanics of it all in ZTD. In the previous games, weren't they basically just pulling memories or information out of the field, which then merged with themselves? Such that it was less a process of overwriting them, and more that of combining with them? Whereas in ZTD it's described as straight up forcing the old mind out to let the new one in. Have I misremembered or misinterpreted the previous games or did they just change it this time?
>>
>>343410191

>Carlos 10 months ago
>On the way to the hospital to visit his sister
>Wondering what kind of flowers he should pick up
>Suddenly the world turns white
>He wakes up staring at a damage console sparking with electricity
>The last thoughts that go through his head are the memories of his past self yelling OH BOY! THIS IS MY CHANCE! HOW LUCKY!
>>
>>343410191
>>343410316
>thinking Uchikoshi would screw his waifu over
>>
>>343410397
I thought it was okay

I thought most of the twists in this one were weak, but it had a lot of great character moments so it kinda balanced out
>>
>>343410397
It barely had any hints at all, it was bordering on Heavy Rain with how shit a twist it was. Sharin no Kuni did the exact same thing but with far better foreshadowing and execution.
>>
>>343409868

I'm guessing due to the immediate sense of danger, any number of people with latent ability could have shifted and he inadvertently mind-hacked one of them. They didn't even explain how exactly his mind-hacking works? Can he perform it on any person he's familiar with at any given time? Is it something he can only use on someone he is in direct visual contact with through his sunglasses etc. What are his limits?
>>
>>343408401
Because Junpei immediately lost the girl he had saved through spacetime who left with barely a word, failing to get closure AGAIN, then joined a detective agency where he apparently only ran into the scummiest of cases and became an alcoholic. Sigma jerked off with Diana for a few years in solitary and then made a robo-harem to keep company.
Jumpei still jokes around a bunch, can be airheaded, and is equally untrustable like Tenmoldy. Life is simply unfair.
>>
>>343410191
>Q-team go back in time to unmake Mira a serial killer and then she gets married to Eric. But you can't unmake someone a psychopath, who's to say she won't murder someone in the future

when does this happen??
>>
>>343410549
you get files after the ending
>>
>>343410397
I hated it at first, but now I've seen a lot of the foreshadowing and it was pretty well done, but I just can't break my suspension of disbelief about the ridiculousness of the twist.
>>
File: 1324376688526.jpg (20 KB, 221x217) Image search: [Google]
1324376688526.jpg
20 KB, 221x217
>>343410431
>>
>>343410501

>It barely had any hints at all

There were like a dozen. A couple of them are very on-the-nose, too.
>>
>>343410316
>they flirted with the idea of Junpei having it out with her over the shit she pulled, but never did it
this really made me angry
UCHI GOT NO BALLS
>>
>>343410418
Not necessarily? Radical-6 doesn't necessarily slow your brain down that quickly. Heck, it took Phi three months and a half to get frozen after contracting Radical-6. Zero also would've wanted to make sure Mira died afterwards due to her sins.
>>
>>343410528
>and then made a robo-harem to keep company.
After 25 years of solitary work.
>>
>>343410427
Jumping/SHIFTing worked the same in ZTD as it did in VLR, it's just that because Phi/Sigma had no experience with it that they weren't able to keep their memories most of the time when they jumped until they start to get better at using it over the course of the game, where they start to remember more and more.
>>
I wonder what Sigma felt like when he saw his waifu from like 50 years ago again, even though she's technically not the exact same diana of his timeline
>>
File: unnamed.png (1 MB, 1858x878) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
1 MB, 1858x878
>>
>>343410826
He felt like tapping that ass and making some bootstrap babies
>>
>>343410649
The only ones I can think of are the mention of there being 9 people in the experiment but nobody knowing who Sean was at the start, the old man comment in the decontamination room, and sometimes being able to make out a blocky shadow if you look very hard. Compared to the other game this is fuck all and it's easily missable, which makes the reveal feel like it came out of nowhere rather than something being in your face the entire story and acknowledged by the characters in a way that deflects your attention, as in SnK.

There are also several times where characters blatantly referred to Sean as Q in dialogue, so the file saying they never called him anything else is full of shit.
>>
>>343409868
His superior greek alphabet genes were caused by his parents' extreme living conditions
>>
>>
>>343410191
Akane and Junpei could be written off as both of them still having tons of feelings for each other (she immediately accepts his proposal) and they do clash a few times since he's the devil's advocate of the team.
Q-team's shenanigans only makes an alt timeline where Mira isn't a killer, which is super fucking doomed: Mira saves Mira, Sean lives, Delta never needs Sean-bots, Mira likely never meets Eric unless she molds her life to meet him in Nebraska from Cali. The survivors we know are probably moved to execution for attempting a prison break, since they're not actually transported.
>>
>>343410838
Did uchi purposely do this and memento mori? what the fuck.
>>
>>343409868
It's pretty complex, you wouldn't get it.
>>
>>343410948

When you try to shoot Mira with the crossbow, she fires two shots (Q, Delta)

If you try to name Q during the Mexican Standoff, it says 'please enter Q's real name' but if you name "me" it says 'you cannot commit suicide'

If you guess Zero's identity wrong when Eric is psycho, he kills Q then fires three more shots (Sigma, Diana, Delta)
>>
>>343410826
Pretty bad.
>>
>>343410316
Agreed.

>>343410397
I had no idea what the fuck was going on at first. Then I thought back on some previous scenes and it made sense.
>>
>>343411023
DELETE THIS.
>>
>>343410948
Just a few obvious ones
>In the three-way standoff, if you type Q, it says input Q's name, but Sean gives an error
>If you tell Eric Q killed Mira, he says that's impossible even though he just said you did it
>If you tell Eric Sean killed Mira, he says he knew it was you, meaning he knows your name
>Eric mentions the old man in a wheelchair
>When Q dies, Sigma says he had no idea what was going on, he couldn't see or hear
>>
>>343410838
It's "I'm Delta, I'm Me, Zero" You have it backwards.

I am you
Will be me.
>>
>>343411023
UN-FUCKING-FAIR
>>
>>343411213
>>In the three-way standoff, if you type Q, it says input Q's name, but Sean gives an error

This is annoying

There's "suicide is not an option" message for "me" or "myself", but not for Sean.
>>
>>343411154
>If you try to name Q during the Mexican Standoff, it says 'please enter Q's real name' but if you name "me" it says 'you cannot commit suicide'
Oh, right. I noticed that one, but forgot to mention it.

>>If you tell Eric Q killed Mira, he says that's impossible even though he just said you did it
>>If you tell Eric Sean killed Mira, he says he knew it was you, meaning he knows your name
I got that first one and had a laugh thinking it was a fuckup, now I feel like an idiot. Didn't think to try the second.

>When Q dies, Sigma says he had no idea what was going on, he couldn't see or hear
When was this?

All the shot ones are pretty easily overlooked as just them being savage cunts.
>>
>>343411087
They hardly clash at all, Junpei's just acting like a tough guy most of the time, and those few times Junpei's proposing they kill the other team all she does is go "THE KIND JUNPEI-KUN I KNEW WOULD NEVER DO THIS HOW COULD YOU" but doesn't seem to care about it 5 seconds later
>>
>>343411023
GET OUT OF HERE
>>
>>343411324
Sean's full name is Sean 729 but you can't input numbers.

Well, it's a weak explanation but it's something.
>>
So Gab related, why did Delta shoot gab in the ending after the boxes? Seems pointless, even if he was an old dog since the place was about to blow up anyway. Also why didn't they just jump to before Phi kicked Delta to stop her once they knew what the box was for?
>>
>>343411125
What about memento mori?
>>
>>343411162
oh god what the fuck, why is this only in the booklet? if i had known this before playing all the D-team fragments would have been even better

now i'm choking back tears too, goddamn it
>>
>>343411535
Dogs are too simple-minded for our complex overlord.
>>
>>343411486
Considering "Sean" gives a response when Eric asks who kills Mira, it just seems like a bad oversight.
>>
>>343411162
fug dude
>>
So in one history Zero says Carlos has already killed him, but I can't recall that anywhere and my flow is full. Did they just gloss over that?
>>
>>343411535
He knew too much
>>343410397
No, it felt stupid
>>
File: what.png (824 KB, 2932x1892) Image search: [Google]
what.png
824 KB, 2932x1892
>>343411539
>>
>>343411535

Some theorize, weirdly, that Kyle's mind is in Gab.
>>
>>343411738
He's talking about the timeline where Q-Team is executed.
>>
>>343411535
What is not explained and not answered either is why when Sean is left all alone in the shelter Gab is in chains. What is the purpose of this? Gab is seen escaping in other timelines so why not this one? There has to be a meaning behind it.
>>
File: 20160630235837_1.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160630235837_1.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
How do I get this last one?
>>
>>343410493
This is kind of how I feel about the game

VLR had the better plot, but had like four characters who weren't characters at all or could've easily been merged

999 is the better game than both, though
>>
reminder the ending is the happy ending everyone was wanting since vlr
>>
>>343411535
There's a lotta theories if I have it right
>Gab was Kyle, Kyle needed to jump but none of the 9 would've known to help him
>Gave Phi the time to kick him while he explained nonsense, pissed Eric off enough to go trigger happy again
>MIND HACK
>Just to be a douchebag
>Mira had done it at some point for fun
Preventing Phi from kicking Delta was pointless because they needed the place to explode to put them all in danger at once to jump simultaneously together to bring Eric/Mira for whatever reason.
>>
>>343411023
DELETE THIS
>>
>>343411162
Damn.
>>
>>343411162
Man, I wouldn't even mind if Uchikoshi rewrote ZTD as a novel/LN if we could get things more wrapped up and less new-to-the-series friendly.
>>
>>343411535
gab was the true mastermind and had to be eliminated
>>
>>343411805
The better question is why did they just spend ten minutes fondling a huge iron chain with their bare hands instead of looking for a single tool that could help them? What exactly did they hope to accomplish?
>>
File: akane hot.jpg (1 MB, 1865x5257) Image search: [Google]
akane hot.jpg
1 MB, 1865x5257
Your face when Akane smashed the fuck out of Carlos for killing Junpei?

Best waifu.
>>
>>343412026
I feel like just getting to know a little bit more of what all the characters were thinking/feeling would have made the game so much better, but i guess its hard with the cinema style
>>
>>343411535
It was to prove a point to the espers who just swapped with consciousness to get them killed that Gab was still dying in other timelines. Like when Akane lets the reactor blow up. She didn't even consider it was going to kill Gab.
>>
File: Axe_ending_clover_1.png (809 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Axe_ending_clover_1.png
809 KB, 1000x750
Is this still the best bad ending in Zero Escape?
>>
>>343412146
I was kinda laughing honestly.

And nah, best waifu is Diana.
>>
>>343412026
I think the main drawback of ZTD is that it doesn't have narration. The writing in 999 was absolutely brilliant, having a dialogue-only driven plot loses some of its charm.
>>
>>343411683
Because Eric only knows Sean as that, without the numbers. I do agree it's an oversight though.
>>
>>343411824
Use the team selection instead of the flowchart.
>>
>>343407172
>playing handheld games
This board is for adults.
>>
>>343412252
That's not Q's head or submarine.
>>
>>343412264
They could've easily added narration too. The bottom screen was black 90% of the time.
>>
>>343411805
Delta is chained to Gab around the sink so that neither can escape a la Clover and Tenmyouji in VLR.
>>
File: the perfect plan.png (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
the perfect plan.png
2 MB, 1280x1440
Sigma VLR > Carlos > Junpei ZTD > Sigma ZTD > Junpei 999
>>
>>343411840
>VLR had the better plot, but had like four characters who weren't characters at all or could've easily been merged
Quark is the only one in VLR that I felt was pointless.

>>343411848
It's not even an ending though.
>>
>>343411390
If you fuck up the vote for D team, he says it in one of the fragment cutscenes
>>
>>343412205
This is what I surmised.

>>343412252
Is this Axe or Syringe?
>>
File: 20160701084725_1.jpg (439 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160701084725_1.jpg
439 KB, 1920x1080
>>343412321
It's locked
>>
File: putin tea.jpg (213 KB, 2248x1686) Image search: [Google]
putin tea.jpg
213 KB, 2248x1686
So regarding Mira is everyone just ignoring the fact she's a serial killer, and unprovoked kill them in several timelines?
>>
>>343412264
999 had too much unnecessary narration.

VLR nailed with Sigma's monologues only narrating the important stuff.
>>
>>343412146
I thought it was incredibly stupid
I mean she had just woken up, couldn't have known exactly what was going on and didn't even confirm if junpei was dead
>>
>>343412252
The bad end to "Reality" where Sean removes his head kinda got me.
>>
>>343412146
Insane Akane is quite the spectacle. Stay away from her man, man.
>>
>>343412146
>>
>>343412392
Alice and Clover could've easily be one character, they don't serve different purposes, and K is a literal non-entity
>>
File: PUSH IIIIIT.gif (439 KB, 956x537) Image search: [Google]
PUSH IIIIIT.gif
439 KB, 956x537
>>343412252
No
>>
>>343412205
I liked how when Carlos blew up the transporter chamber they totally ignored that he just blew up Akane and Junpei with it.
>>
File: 1467140924012.png (25 KB, 651x450) Image search: [Google]
1467140924012.png
25 KB, 651x450
I'M HAPPY WITH THIS ENDING BUT

>not even a mention of light field
>only a passing mention of left
>carlos only looks like him due to coincidences
>999 is completely irrelevant to the plot except for making junpei butthurt
>>
>>343409426
Pretty sure it's impossible to finish in 12 hours because of the cinematics.

What a giant faggot
>>
>>343412472
No because she turns herself in. If she didn't they probably would've brought her to justice themselves.
>>
Wait a minute... what if Kyle shifted to our consciousness while we were about to play ZTD in the future? Then Blick Winkel/? in VLR is actually ourselves before we got the chance to play ZTD, so naturally we wouldn't have any idea about what went down.

Kyle is literally us, right now.
>>
>>343411840
999 had more useless characters than VLR.

Snake did nothing but go missing half the game and go full edge in one bad end
Santa did nothing but being a cunt all the game
Lotus did nothing except help in a puzzle in one escape room
Clover was Snake's luggage
9th man died 10 minutes in
Seven was comic relief
>>
>>343412146
I realized she couldn't be trusted because of how she reacted when she grabbed the chainsaw, and her comment in the moon ending.
>>
File: 1457665595687.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457665595687.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>mfw this fucking picture ended up being relevant
>>
>>343412379
>Liking edgelord Junpei
>>
>>343412540
I wish I had shop skills. A high res image of that with Akane's face and a extinguisher would be perfect.

>>343412507
You could see her stirring during the talk before, so presumably she heard everything.
>>
File: asskane.jpg (32 KB, 545x231) Image search: [Google]
asskane.jpg
32 KB, 545x231
>>343412157
>>343412264
The implication that the view the player sees is literally the cameras Zero set up is or even possibly we're seeing the events from the POV of Delta from his real eyes, MIND HACKING, glasses monitor, etc. makes sense for there to be only narration through dialogue, but yeah, it really didn't lend as well to the emotional impact. VLR and 999 were much stronger in that regard.

Even if we didn't get text, I wish we had gotten CGs or something, whether for the post-game files or the explanations of thought experiments. They really helped set the mood for the first two games. It's funny that fucking still pictures can be so effective sometimes.

>>343412146
Akane is one of the few characters who'd make me consider filing a divorce with my husbando.
>>
>>343412739
Better than no personality Junpei
>>
>>343412574
>>999 is completely irrelevant to the plot except for making junpei butthurt
This is what bothered me. I was under the impression that Akane would have a personal grudge with Brother even after getting her revenge, but ultimately it seemed like she doesn't.
>>
>>343412439
How did you even get there without seeing that? That's the zero reveal
>>
>>343412698
All of them have pretty distinct personalities, which is the main thing. Saying Snake, Lotus, Clover, or Seven were useless is kind of a stretch, though. 9th man isn't a character at all.
>>
>>343412681
Woah that's stupid and unnecessaryl
>>
>>343412146
>>
>>343412851
>All of them have pretty distinct personalities, which is the main thing
So do VLR characters.

What, you think Dio and Luna are the same characters or something?
>>
>>343412574
>999 is completely irrelevant to the plot.

Bro, if Delta had never been born in ZTD, 999 would never have happened... And if Mira hadn't killed Eric's mom, then Akane's dad would never have died and she would never be kidnapped, causing her and Santa to recreate the escape games.
>>
>>343412734
The artist must have SHIFTed back in time.
>>
File: 1456784251603.jpg (1 MB, 1410x1410) Image search: [Google]
1456784251603.jpg
1 MB, 1410x1410
>>343412734
>tfw this picture didn't
>>
>>343412489
I don't know man, the gruesome descriptions of murders and such felt much more vivid to me than 3D models awkwardly gushing out blood. Even if it was well animated I think I'd still prefer narrating, it was just so well-written.
>>
File: 1463670588000.png (71 KB, 353x332) Image search: [Google]
1463670588000.png
71 KB, 353x332
So where the fuck did the brooch actually come from
>>
>>343412791
Junpei made lots of dumb jokes all the time in 999.
>>
File: fullresdogpic.png (2 MB, 1701x1078) Image search: [Google]
fullresdogpic.png
2 MB, 1701x1078
>>
>>343412779
>only narration through dialogue
Except there are also instances where we get to hear Carlos' thoughts.
>>
>>343412917
>Carlos sucks at flirting
Moe as fuck.
>>
File: 1409723072265.jpg (66 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1409723072265.jpg
66 KB, 500x513
>that scene where Carlos tries to rape Akane for literally no reason

What the fuck?
>>
>>343412942
I literally named the characters I had problems with in the post before that one, keep up. Dio is arguably the best character in VLR as he's the only one who creates any tension at all.
>>
>>343412917
I wasn't convinced because everyone knows Carlos is a siscon
>>
>>343412698
with this logic every character is useless other than one that player controls
>>
who murdered junpei? I'm assuming the same person who killed mira, but you never know
>>
>>343413020
Fucking Gab
Thats exactly why Delta killed him
>>
File: zero time dilemma 2.jpg (346 KB, 1410x1410) Image search: [Google]
zero time dilemma 2.jpg
346 KB, 1410x1410
>>343412998
>>343412734
Fuck, wrong one
>>
>>343413105
Mira kills Junpei. She also kills Phi, Sigma, and Diana. You can see her black nailpolish.
>>
>>343413048
why not?
>>343413105
keep playing
>>
>start game
>pick blue
>oh, finished already, they're kinda lucky i guess
>at the end of the game you absolutely fuck them off

This fucking game man. Your face when?
>>
>>343413029
Oh yeah, whoops. Was Carlos the only character to express his thoughts?
>>
If I were on Q Team, I would be making constant mean jokes at the expense of the blind and deaf old man.
>>
>>343412950
All because of a solitary snail
>>
>>343413048
Man need to satisfy his desires
>>
>>343413241
Yeah, can't remember anyone else.
>>
>>343413014
P A R A D O X
>>
>Q team execution scene
>Very blatantly see blood pooling out from under Sean's body

I double checked after the reveal, that's just bullshit.
>>
>>343413014
I think that's called the bootstrap paradox, something to do with it having no point of origin or some shit
>>
>>343413212
I figured it was going to happen. The fact that timeline existed in the first place was a dead giveaway that they were going to jump there at some point.
>>
File: 1465786742566.gif (1 MB, 394x297) Image search: [Google]
1465786742566.gif
1 MB, 394x297
>>343413212
Zero's explanation in Payoff 2 was even more bullshit.
>>
So what did eric contribute to the story besides being a giant baby and also crazy shotgun wielding baby? Mira at least gets explained well, Eric just tagged along with her and did shitall besides be a cocksucker or whine
>>
>>343413014
Closed paradox.
>Phi gets it from Diana, transported to 1904
>1904 baby grows up as a rich scientist, nabs a Phi to send to 2009 herself
>Phi grows up with Brooch and meets Diana, dies in whichever timeline it was to let Diana pilfer it
Repeat forever.
>>
>>343413328
Snails are dicks. Fuck snails.
>>
>>343413346
Well he is the character that decides the coin toss and whether to shoot Delta or not
>>
How did Mira find Junpei and kill him, find Junpei alone, or get into D ward and murder everyone in D-team? Wasn't she supposed to be sleeping.
>>
>>343412698
Clover was cute though.
>>
>>343411738
That was the timeline where Carlos went against his letter and voted off Q-Team
>>
File: 999 dog.jpg (69 KB, 646x311) Image search: [Google]
999 dog.jpg
69 KB, 646x311
Why did Mira kill Junpei?
How did Delta know she was going to cut him up?
Why didn't she take his heart?

Don't just say "she's a psycho", there were a ton of occasions where she could've murdered people and didn't, being alone with someone isn't an excuse.
>>
>343413573
No she wasnt, Delta explains that iirc
>>
>>343413241
Yeah.
Eric kept having his weird fucking panic attacks or going crazy. Mira never really said anything until the apocalypse ending. Junpei and Akane never bothered because they were getting help from the outside, and Sigma might not have said anything because of the paradox.
>>
The game's revelation ends in a fucking dud. Brother isn't really that much of a dick at all, and ended up sacrificing himself for the greater good. New characters, Diana, Sean and Carlos are alright but I thought Eric and Mira were poorly written.

In hindsight I wish that Delta was an asshole with shift abilities just fucking up timelines and the player as Kyle would try to foil his plans. Also wish they put a limit on SHIFT. Lots of the emotional reactions that I would normally have seeing characters I like getting slaughtered just isn't there with this game because of death feeling so inconsequential because you shift to the next alternate timeline like nothing happened.
>>
>>343412998
Why did they remove the Jumpy Jacket?
He looks so much better with it on
>>
Do firemen really wear their helmets on top of their gas masks? Carlos looked ridiculous
>>
>>343413736
Too hard to model
>>
>>343413573
>>343413657
Lern2read: Zero let her wander around on her own, either telling her to do that or just watching it. Her bracelet didn't have the sleeping stuff, she was just pretending since she can't use memory fields.
She didn't really want Junpei's heart because his smile was shit.
>>
>>343413573
She was working with Zero and never gets injected. All of the wards are the same area, too.

>>343413615
>you will never date Clover
>you will never have to convince her not to axe murder someone out of her intense love for you

why even live
>>
>>343413657
I think the timeline where she killed Junpei was also the one where she killed Eric? She said she had only been looking for a similar heart to her first victim's (which belonged to Eric's mother) so I guess she felt at ease with that or didn't get similar vibes from the others in the bunker.
>>
>>343413853
That doesn't answer any of those questions except the heart thing
>>
>>343412779
>pic
So, SFM when?
>>
>>343407172
RABBIT-KILLING MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS
>>
File: WRONG.png (2 MB, 1280x1271) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.png
2 MB, 1280x1271
Delta's reveal might have had more punch if he didn't look fucking stupid.
>>
File: jumpy.jpg (98 KB, 278x374) Image search: [Google]
jumpy.jpg
98 KB, 278x374
>>343413736
>>
>>343413521
Well.
He was sort of the wild card just like Mira. Maybe he's only relevant because Mira convinced him to enter the dcom facility so she could kill him

And the funny thing is she looks mad as fuck in one of the endings where they both escape.
>>
Is there any good reason why the memo system has an ink feature, and why erasing not only doesn't return, but seems to take up ink?
>>
>>343413573
You'll find out. But if you really want to know There is only one ward and Mira is never given amnesia juice. She isn't even put to sleep sometimes so she can fuck around and create randomness
>>
>Vote ally and he votes Betray
>Vote Betray and he votes Ally
Getting really tired of your bullshit Uchi
>>
>>343414005
I know there was only one ward but I must've missed the part where she never slept
>>
>>343413313
If Eric and Mira made around 100 cripple jokes Delta would've snapped and revealed himself. Sean would tell them to stop at first but eventually he'd join in and that would be the final straw
>>
>>343411023
Oh fuck, better go the other way INSTEAD OF FUCKING JUMP OVER IT

Eric's mom was dumb
>>
>>343414070
QUANTUM
MECHANICS
>>
>>343414070

It's properly explained. Though, it made more sense to me because I picked betray first. I also expected him to go betray the first time because of how pessimistic and cynical he is in general this time around, so i was surprised.
>>
>>343414070
>vote Ally to be killed by Grumpy Jumpy
>vote Betray to be killed by Citizen Akane

I remember why I got so pissed off at VLR now.
>>
File: 1464317663340.jpg (20 KB, 477x268) Image search: [Google]
1464317663340.jpg
20 KB, 477x268
>>343414070
>He even says the "Last time, there was no last time" line
>>
File: STOP ALL BULLSHIT.gif (813 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
STOP ALL BULLSHIT.gif
813 KB, 480x270
I liked Eric.
>>
>>343413979
I get the feeling she actually liked Sean even if she didn't realize it herself. She was always siding with him and even got mad at eric a few times when he went retard at sean. Maybe an AI with fake emotions connected to her better to her than any normal human could?
>>
>>343413521
Nothing. The only more worthless character in the game is the dog.
>>
Nipple sizes differ
>>
>>343414258
Eric needs a hug. One that doesn't end with a scalpel in his back.
>>
File: zero high res.jpg (930 KB, 4209x5953) Image search: [Google]
zero high res.jpg
930 KB, 4209x5953
Literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>343414274
TAKE THAT BACK
>>
>>343414115
its when zero reveals he killed her
>>
>>343414181
>Eric's mom was dumb

That was Eric's mom? Man I missed that. Also how the fuck is Eric okay with that after he found out about the killings she did.
>>
>>343414070
It was a funny jab for everyone who played VLR
>>
>>343414217
you ally and they betray
>kek why would u believe a stranger faggot, get fucked
vote betray and they ally
>WAAAAAAAAAH YOU ASS HOLE HOW COULD YOU WAAAAAAAH

fuck the AB game. same shit happened in VLR
>>
File: 1455932890502.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1455932890502.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>Everytime Sean got strangled by Eric he was just PRETENDING to make those noises

God damn it.
>>
>>343414390
>after he found out about the killings she did

he never does

>>343414419
DAMN YOU BRAT
>>
File: wedidit.png (556 KB, 882x576) Image search: [Google]
wedidit.png
556 KB, 882x576
Where the fuck is the booklet in the PC version?
>>
File: That Queen feel.jpg (7 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
That Queen feel.jpg
7 KB, 300x180
So is the PAL 3DS version not getting a physical copy?
>>
>>343414070
>But you voted Betray last time!
Never gets old.
>>
>>343414258

The absolute worst example of writing in this game is during the teleporter revelation when Diana, Sigma, Carlos and Sean are trying to appease him proving their innocence of Mira's murder by dialogue-in-lieu-of-narration.
>>
>>343414490
No, now go buy it digital.
>>
>>343413657
>Why did Mira kill Junpei?
Mira is the kind of person who wants to see the world burn! There are lot of moments where she starts acting like a full psycho just for fun, like when you inject radical 6 in the whole Q team, the "reward" she gives to phi, she pretty much just killed jumpei only to see the reaction of the other two!
>>
Anyone have the mega for the booklet + soundtrack? Got it on 3DS like an idiot.
>>
File: bravo.png (141 KB, 737x147) Image search: [Google]
bravo.png
141 KB, 737x147
I waited 4 years for this?
>>
File: diana high res.jpg (859 KB, 4209x5953) Image search: [Google]
diana high res.jpg
859 KB, 4209x5953
Literally had a deadbeat ex-husband who she kept giving money and sex too.

Hot.

Porn when?
>>
>>343414418
Alice was a shit.

>How dare you betray me, I should get to pick what room I want to go in next since I'm at the biggest disadvantage. Don't hang out with me during the next free time either.

>lol, you're dumb for choosing Ally. Also, I get to choose the next door because. Also, I'm going to hang out with you during free time and remind you that you're a shithead and then try to kill you after you save my life.
>>
>>343413971
>Changed Akane's sleeves because it was too hard
>Removed Junpei's jacket because it was too hard
>Didn't make Eric asymmetric because it was too hard

Just make a damn novel at this point, they really don't have the budget for this shit.
>>
>>343414578
Man, such shitty characterization
>>
File: 1445103828636.jpg (14 KB, 305x343) Image search: [Google]
1445103828636.jpg
14 KB, 305x343
>>343414273
Fuck.
That makes a lot of sense.

Except for that part When she "killed" Sean because he started talking about the serial killer and kept looking at her nervously
>>
>>343414590
>https://mega.nz/#!95lSTJ5R!tmUL5emhwthMNpgmSntEnk4qr8xGI6o9l5guI7nnzRM
>>
File: how do you do sigma.png (221 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
how do you do sigma.png
221 KB, 1000x570
>>343414717
thanks man
>>
>>343414214
How do the conversations go when you pick betray first?
>>
>>343414782
>>343414717
No problem! Thanks to whoever uploaded them originally.

I wish there were a few more notes in there though. There's no details on Zero AKA Delta.
>>
>>343414467
>he never does
You didn't read the files after beating the game.
>>
>>343414419
quantum computing
>>
I swear half of my time playing this game has been me trying to figure out how to unlock fragments.

So I'm stuck at the door of truth and the fq boxes. Apparantly I need to get C team to go through some sort of SHIFT phase that occurs after the AB game in the boy and ring fragment. Problem is that I have no clue how to unlock this fragment. Currently, C-team has 4 [?] fragments, Q-team has two [?] fragments and D-team has one [?] fragment.

I have the thumbs up and skull marks highlighted and have went through all the execution options multiple times.

Ás for the global flowchart, there's a string of question marks below the don't press cinematic. Two question marks below circle of fate (1). More question marks under the drink cinematic, but those are from the boy and ring fragment I believe. There's also 4 locks under Anthropic Principle, the 99.537 reality, I don't know and Carlos' sin.

Please help.
>>
>>343414630
>tfw thought she was going to be a loli in this game ;_;
>>
>>343412552
I was cracking up at that because of the diana WHOOPS gif
>>
That one cutscene where the Sean clone was trying to murder team C was fucking horrendously animated. Was the game this low on budget?
>>
>>343414480
In the game folder, idiot.
>>
>>343414636
Who was worse. Alice or Dio?

Dio was a dick in every fucking segment he's in
Alice stopped you from escaping and made sure to bitch and moan whenever possible
>>
>>343414859
>"I wanted to protect Diana and Sigma because I thought you'd pick Betray to protect Akane. But the shield to protect ended up becoming a spea-"
>"Motherfucker, did I just hear you killing Junpei in here?"
>>
>>343414630
How old is she in ZTD?
>>
>>343414258
I came to appreciate him as the only person in the vlr universe without an encyclopedic knowledge of probabilites and philosophical conundrums
>>
>>343414636
alice was definitely the worse about it. but the rest save luna were cunts about it as well (not really counting DIO since he doesn't even pretend to anything but a douche)

shit it makes me think if i had the ability to shift i would become incredibility bitter, just one betray and the smugness that came from the other characters makes me not care about their deaths
>>
I think what's kind of funny is that you can get to the sigma half of the VLR ending pretty quickly, but then you spend like half of the fragments just getting Carlos to it while he thinks he's doing good and saving everybody. Then his fucking face at the end
>>
So what happens regarding Sigma and original Sigma back in VLR? Get fucked, I saved the Earth and have a bitching wife?
>>
>>343412572
He think it's a teleporter, that's why he ignored it
>>
>>343414717
Booklet answers when? These puzzle explanations are terrible.
>>
>>343415223
Go watch Back to the Future
>>
File: PENALTY PENALTY.gif (2 MB, 320x229) Image search: [Google]
PENALTY PENALTY.gif
2 MB, 320x229
>>343414717
>>343414935
Neat, thanks
>>
>>343414636
but the titty be big
>>
>>343413191
>>343413185
>>343413105
I've seen all the fragments and read the files, I still don't know when it's revealed mira did it

did she figure out the room trick?

ohhh wait delta did say something about mira being a collaborator, right?
>>
How the FUCK do i access the premium booklet, any time i try to download it launches my game instead.
>>
File: bestdadworstdad.jpg (482 KB, 640x738) Image search: [Google]
bestdadworstdad.jpg
482 KB, 640x738
So can we all agree that Junpei is the best ZE dad?
>>
>>343415298
>name of the gif

Fuck, you got me.
>>
>>343415054
Alice. Dio may have been an asshole, but you could always trust him to be an asshole. The consistency was refreshing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 111

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.