[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did they increase the tickrate for ranked? Is it still at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1462948865763.png (358 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
1462948865763.png
358 KB, 540x675
So did they increase the tickrate for ranked? Is it still at 20 ticks at "competitive" play?
>>
>>343285870
20 tick is higher than the human eye can detect
>>
>>343285870
People are still playing shitgame?
>>
>>343286062

>Generally, a higher tick-rate server will yield a smoother, more accurate interaction between players, but it is important to consider other factors here. If we compare a tick rate of 64 (CSGO matchmaking), with a tick rate of 20 (alleged tick rate of Overwatch Beta servers), the largest delay due to the difference in tick rate that you could possibly perceive is 35ms. The average would be 17.5ms. For most people this isn't perceivable, but experienced gamers who have played on servers of different tick rates, can usually tell the difference between a 10 or 20 tick server and a 64 tick one.

I fucking hate the argument of "it wouldnt make much of a difference." Who fucking cares, any difference important.
>>
tickrate is a meme it literally doesn't matter.
only shitters complain about it
>>
>>343285870
Blizzard knows, that nobody will play the game after a couple of month, so why waste resources for a higher tick rate
>>
>>343286463
Sure and nobody will play LoL in a couple of months either, eh?
>>
File: 1456501594667.gif (2 MB, 254x275) Image search: [Google]
1456501594667.gif
2 MB, 254x275
>>343286126
That warrented a larf from me

>stay mad btw
>>
>>343286739
Lol is pretty dead

It already peaked. Just like overwatch
>>
>>343286849
What game isn't dead in your opinion?
>>
>>343286837
That was genuine. My friends and i stopped playing 2 weeks ago
>>
god damn it there are too many overwatch threads. /v/ is dying and autistic overwatch spergs are killing it

>but o-overwatch is a high skill cap game! people are destined to be interested in that! you're just mad that a game you it is being posted about alot

i own overwatch, niggers
>>
>>343286916
The games I enjoy playing
>>
>>343286973
game you hate*

how did that happen
>>
>>343286973
What you prefer the usual SJW, youtuber, gaming journalism drama instead?

I would rather have 100 OW, FO4, Dark Souls or whatever was the flavor of the month before that than the usual off topic drama that is plaguing /v/.
>>
>>343286916
I'd look at current concurrent players versus peak all time, so probably cs:go or dota, not that i play either of them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.