[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
It was a great console.

What games did you play on it /v/ ?
>>
>>343278683
some of my favorites:

-Silent Hill 2-4
-Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
-Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
-Jak & Daxter -trilogy
-Ratchet & Clank -games
-Fatal Frame -games
-Forbidden Siren -games
-Psychonauts
-Ico
-Shadow Of the Colossus
-Okami
-Xenosaga
-ZOE
-Persona 3 & 4
-Other Shin Megami Tensei-games
-Cold Fear
-Gran Turismo 3 & 4
-GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas
-Shadow Of Memories
-Devil May Cry 1-3
-Disgaea -games
-Evil Dead: Fistful of boomstick

...plus tons of PS1 games
>>
>>343278683
soul nomad and the world eaters well it was literally the only game i owned
>>
>>343278683
I bought mine late in the life cycle, and had just a GC for most of generation 6. The games I remember playing the most though are Jak 2, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (Substance and Subsistence), and Killzone. I played other games but that was before I actually bought a PS2 of my own. I ended up getting a few of the HD collections when I got my PS3, like God of War, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank.
>>
File: 256px-Ac04box.jpg (24 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
256px-Ac04box.jpg
24 KB, 256x362
>>343278683
A lot of Ace Combat and SNK collection games.
>>
>>343278756
OP here.

What I did play:

-Crazy Taxi
-Gran Turismo Tokyo-Geneva 2002
-Medal Of Honor Vanguard
-America's 10 Most Wanted - anybody heard of it??
-Need For Speed Most Wanted and UG2
-GTA San Andreas,Vice and Liberty City Stories - didn't play 3 and original Vice because of the graphics
-Final Fantasy XII
-Burnout 2 and 3
-Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End
-Pimp My Ride - one of the late games that made it to X360
-Mashed - Drive to Survive - RELOADED version (there are two or three versions of this game on PS2)
-Hitman 2 Silent Assassin
and that pretty much concludes what I played on the PS2.

Speaking of which,my old 77004 slim finally gave up the ghost,laser died. I'm getting a chipped semi-broken (laser also dead,it's easier to replace though) silver 50003/50004 (euro) fat PS2. What do you think? Will it fry the laser if I replace it? I plan to do the Romeo (12v-5v conversion,safe as long as I don't use the HDD - I don't use a HDD anyways,pendrive is the least I do) mod for the laser,but will a old HD7 (assuming the silver has the same HD7 laser) from a dud v7 work in this v9/v10?
>>
>>343279362
sorry, I've never done any modding or anything on my PS2s. Always been a nice legal gamer.

I guess you could try taking that to /vr/.
>>
>>343279570
Well not exactly modding,since I replaced lasers on stock machines. Point is,will I have any chance of having this "new" laser work fine and not fry?
>>
>>343278683
Shadow of the colossus
Ace combat 4, 5, and zero
Star wars battlefront 2
Kingdom Hearts 2 (never played others in the series. Made the story hard to follow)
Misc film tie ins, wall e, transformers, etc
Ps1 games
A few spyro games
Tomb Raider legends - underworld
Simpsons Hit and run

Only recently started playing some of the classics. Recently got okami so I'll play that soon.
>>
>>343279570
>/vr/
>ps2
You know how bad you would trigger the 7 people on that board. Good luck anon.
>>
Timesplitters 3 hands down best split screen shooter out there
>>
armored core
>>
That design is so fucking ugly.
>>
You know the very first game I played on my ps2?

Megaman legends 2. It came out either the week before or the week after. I skipped the launch games because launch games always blow.
>>
>>343282225
PS2 looks shit enough to be retro
>>
>>343282515
/vr/'s autism is pretty bad. If its after 2000, it's not allowed. No exceptions.
>>
If PS2 had decent anti-aliasing it would have been my favorite console.
>>
>>343283751
Except that's wrong. Nothing 6th gen or onward, with the exception of Dreamcast.
>>
>>343282225
There's like this one guy in /rhg/ who throws a shitfit any time someone says "Gameboy Advance" and saying it's against the rules, even though the mods are constantly deleting his posts and letting people discuss GBA.

Eventually the PS2 will be eligible for retro dicsussion. It would be already if the mods would update the damn sticky to say "if it's more than 15 years old it's retro," but until then it's a gray area that some people absolutely refuse to allow any leeway on. Apparently after 1999, systems stopped getting old.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.