[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone played this game? what's the review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: url.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
anyone played this game? what's the review
>>
I enjoyed it. It takes a while to get used to the controls but for me it just clicked. Good amount of sidequests and towns like an old FF game.

Story is alright, the ending is much darker than most FF game's dare to go.

I would recommend I never see anyone mention this game.
>>
>>343260367
Typing a review would take too long
-Story is not so great but is better told in NG+
+Combat is great with characters all feeling different and all have quite a bit of customizing with different abilities
+Music is great
+World map
+Secret summons & airship
-Levels are small and often repeated (orginally a psp game)
-Visuals look really hit or miss due to being a psp port (psp version looks fantastic for a psp game). Sometimes the HD version is too shiny and characters faces while far more detailed sometimes look worse.

I personally really like the game
>>
It's a mobile game. If you want to play a mobile game, it's not bad. If you want to play a FF game, it's bad.
>>
>>343262101
....what? How is it in any way like a mobile game?
>>
>>343262226
PSP
>>
>>343262310
portable =/= mobile anon
>>
I did not enjoy it personally, but I hope you have a good time with it.
>>
QUEEN IS CUTE
>>
PC version or emulated PSP version with English patch?
>>
I liked it but I wish the localization was better.
>>
>>343262020
>-Story is not so great but is better told in NG+

W-what? Does it somehow tell it differently in NG+?
>>
>>343263991

PC version looks better.
>>
>>343265926
You get more story told to you as you have limited time to do those missions or other side quests to level yourself up
>>
>>343263991
>English patch
Enjoy your star wars pronouns.
>>
>>343266235
>star wars pronouns

What is this meme?
>>
>>343266235
Actually it's the PC version that uses Xir for moogles.
>>
>>343260367
Any one want to share their new game+ save files? i've completed this game on psp and too lazy to start playing the pc version from the beginning
>>
>>343268131
Fucking seriously?
>>
File: tA5kJKi.jpg (116 KB, 1008x568) Image search: [Google]
tA5kJKi.jpg
116 KB, 1008x568
>>343269045
>>
>>343269469
>ze and zir used for the same being?

Aren't you supposed to just pick one? Anyways it's fucking stupid that people seriously use these words literally made up, and it looks dumb too. At least other languages actually have words for what these words are trying to do. English doesn't support gender neutral pronouns like that and it bothers me that people shoehorn it in.
>>
>>343269469
If it were up to me I'd use "they" or "them" but that's just me.
>>
File: UCPk94T.jpg (134 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
UCPk94T.jpg
134 KB, 960x544
>>343269469

I loved Type-0 on PSP, but this shit alone prevented me from buying the HD version.

Not just because the pronouns though that was a large part of it, but the english patch is just better.
>>
>>343260367

Coming to /v/ for a review? Don't be such a fucking peanut lmao
>>
>>343260367
jrpg therefore shit
>>
Combat's kind of weak
Overall it's kinda repetitive

Story goes from 0 to 60 in literally a scene change, I'm not even kidding, it's very jarring and doesn't make much sense

>>343269942
Yeah, the translation was spotty and the voice acting was pretty bad
>>
>>343265926
yes. When you play in NG+ you have the option to do side missions, differents from the ones you did on your first run, and they give you a different and better understanding on the story.
>>
File: 1466802724985.gif (896 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1466802724985.gif
896 KB, 500x750
100% the game so here's my take:

1) It has a really sweet art style but the fact it's a psp game shows through the cracks, even though it was the best looking game on that system.

2) Combat is serviceable at best. Really repetitive with almost no depth. I finished the game without using Summons cause you have to sacrifice the player you are using to summon them.

3) Have multiple saves cause you will get rekt at some missions and the game won't allow to go back and level up.

4) Last dungeon is fucking hard. Use a cheat code to make all your characters at level 60 so the fight can be fair. Soundtrack was GOAT, though.

5) Ace and Gun Girl are both super OP. Level them and spam the projectiles if you want an easy win. Don't level up Machina or Rem for they have story related moments and won't join at missions. Use cheats to level all the characters, i swear you won't like you cheated. The game is super unfair overall with difficulty.

6) Story is..... I don't how to put it..... it was really odd. The premise was legit hype, but then it goes to Evanglaion last two episodes tier. It's not BAD, but its FAR from being decent, either. Ending was sad, even though i had no idea how we got there.

Overall: 7/10.
>>
>>343260367
If you play as Cater, Eight, King, Queen or Jack you've already won the game.
If you want to level Eidolons, use Rem for her reraise ability.
Ranged > Melee since a ton of stages have enemies which you can't hit without a ranged attack and most good melee characters are piss-poor mages.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.