[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck up Fallout 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1280x720-cuU.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-cuU.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
The graphics are drab and dated looking, the combat is similar to Halo and COD, the story is cliche and full of plotholes, and the mechanics is fucking asinine. How did they fuck up such a beloved series like this?
>>
All of those things were true for Fallout 3 as well
>>
File: mardi-gras-fundraiser-73.jpg (601 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mardi-gras-fundraiser-73.jpg
601 KB, 1920x1080
>The graphics are drab and dated looking
You've never actually played fallout, have you?
>the combat is similar to Halo and COD
>implying those games have bad combat or that the combat from 3/NV was good.

>story is cliche and full of plotholes,
You've never actually played fallout, have you?

>mechanics is fucking asinine.
>is
but which one, exactly?

Not being a shill, just sick of hearing the same tired shit.
>>
>>343231701
why was this image made
>>
>>343231701
This image has triggered me
>>
>>343232383
its just a garbage game that might as well be bundled with COD games.. I don't know how modern gaming has went to such shit
>>
>>343232618
why
>>
>>343232905

You know why
>>
>>343231701
This pic triggers me so fucking hard. Didn't gamestop have this as their Fallout 4 banner too?
>>
>>343231701
after playing mgsv, failout looks like a glitchy, jumpy fucking demo. how do they get away with releasing this shit?
>>
File: 1463561431566.webm (1020 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1463561431566.webm
1020 KB, 720x480
It's not like the first two are the pinnacle of everything either.

95 % chance rolls

shooting things in the eye does same exact damage as shooting something in the toe minus a small per modifier that will most likely do nil

god awful pathing

PC weapons burst is too weak or bugged

companions burst mostly dead enemies, wasting tons of ammo

HURR ENCLAVE PATROL, ENJOY YOUR RELOAD
All the fallout games are pretty fucking badly done, family.
>>
>>343231778
came into the thread wanting to post the exact same thing.

It's like OP think FO3 has been a good game in the first place.
>>
I woudn't mind Fallout 4 if they expanded more on some things in the game

>Legendary enemies could mutate into humanoid Deathclaws or Mirelurks that lunge at you
But no, they just glow and regain lost HP

>The Institute could've had geneticaly engineered animals, like the Gorillas could have armor, or an Army of Sentry Bots
But no, they just throw Synths at you until you get tired of them

>Factions could've been fleshed out a little more to allow a "peace between all" or "anarchy for everyone" endings
But no, while peace between all is possible, the game never hints this nor we get to know what happens to everyone after the ending

I feel like if i wrote everything wrong with this game and the missed opportunities i'd be here for days typing.

You'd think the 4th main entry in the franchise would be a fucking blast to play and a masterpiece, but nah
>>
Why do people use that STALKER art for Fallout 4?
Why do people do that?
>>
>the combat is similar to Halo and COD

So which is it? Because both Halo and COD play drastically differentlyfrom each other.
>>
>>343231701

If you really think this is the first or even the worst fuckup in Fallout's history, you have no business critiquing the franchise.
>>
Bethesda realized with FO3 that they could shit out literally anything and the masses would gobble it up.

Why put any effort into your games when you could just wholesale copy your last one, change the paint and little and call it a new one?

As for the writing, it's pretty standard in AAA development to hire college interns to write for you.
>>
>>343235598
your complaint about synths is just stupid and your being contrarian

the idea of synths being controlled by an institution and replacing your family/you is a pretty neat premise and fighting them was cool because they were destructible

do you really expect bethesda to do anything better, were you living in a fucking hole for the entire time skyrim has been released
>>
>>343235830
Well COD started being like Halo on black ops 3 so does it really matter? Double jumps and floating on walls and shit?
>>
>>343236101
I will say New Vegas is way worse. What an awful piece of shit.. so drab and lifeless and boring of a sandbox world. I sold it back 1 day later because it was such crap. Why do people praise that?
>>
>>343234861
>>343232618
>>343232518
Who let tumblr into the room?
When you clicked on this website did it say fat pinko storage?
>>
>>343238216
I think a lot of people use 'triggered' in a sardonic way now because of tumblr.
>>
>>343236101
this
>>
>>343231701
you havnt played any fallout game ever
>>
>>343237738
none of that is like halo at all
>>
>>343237839
The base game sucks but the story was at least better written than FO3s.

As for why they praise it, well, 90% of the people who buy Bethesda games buy ONLY Bethesda and maybe a sports title. They know nothing else.
>>
>>343238216
I'm pissed because it's a fucking Stalker image with Fallout 4 slapped on it.
>>
>>343238374
What this guy said. Triggered has made its way into my general vocabulary as a joke. Tumblr really has turned "triggered" into a worthless throwaway phrase.
>>
>>343238980
Yeah I mean I hate hipster contrarian shit. I am a big fan of gaming and open minded to all types of games. But that was just such an uninteresting, boring, lifeless design of a game. I know its supposed to be a aftermath-post-apocolyptic world but they could at least make it more fun rather than a monochrome type of empty, boring lifeless world.

I tried to get into it but I don't get it at all.
>>
>>343238980
>Story in FO4 was good
The Institute are certified retards
The Twst was predictable
Every single character but Curie was loathsome
Sorry, must dash... ANOTHER CUNTING BASTARD SETTLEMENT NEEDS MY MOTHERFUCKING HELP DESPITE IT BEING 600+ DEFENCE
>>
>>343237738
What the fuck are you on? Having sci Fi settings doesn't mean the combat is anything alike.
>>
>>343239697
how different can the combat be for an FPS?
>>
>>343238989
Ok, but when I go on /v/, what I'm worried about isn't the thread on "is sonic a furry"- it's the fat pinkos in the undertale threads.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.