[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm getting teased and baited to death. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: bioshock infinite.jpg (140 KB, 406x576) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite.jpg
140 KB, 406x576
I feel like I'm getting teased and baited to death. Why hasn't the gap between story and gameplay been bridged yet?

We get games that have good gameplay, or good story, but never gameplay that actively affects the story. Everything is on fucking rails, and has parts that are essentially fucking cutscenes which completely break immersion.

When will we trully see immersive gaming /v/?
>>
I hope you're not implying Infinite has a good story.

Also, obligatory:
http://youtu.be/l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>343150587
And then you have games with neither, like OPs pic related
>>
>>343150880
I'm not

its frustrating because>>343150587
>Everything is on fucking rails, and has parts that are essentially fucking cutscenes which completely break immersion.
did you even read my thread

games like B:I are the problem

>>343150891
i thought the story was intriguing, but the gameplay was so shit, and the immersion constantly being completely halted for cutscne parts, just made it frustrating

i just read the story after
>>
>>343150587
The gameplay AND the story were bad in Infinite. All it had was a good setting and dem graffix
>>
>>343151581
>We get games that have good gameplay, or good story, but never gameplay that actively affects the story. Everything is on fucking rails, and has parts that are essentially fucking cutscenes which completely break immersion.
Play more games. >>>/wsr/ can help you out further.
>>
Have you played Alpha Protocol?
The game has flaws, but your choices do matter.
>>
>>343151787
Meant to quote OP. >>343150587

>>343151795
That's not a good example.
>>
File: fallout-new-vegas-cover.jpg (418 KB, 1056x1500) Image search: [Google]
fallout-new-vegas-cover.jpg
418 KB, 1056x1500
>>343150587
You're not playing the right games desu
>>
>>343150587

1919 mode is pretty immersive

what are you getting at, OP?
>>
>>343154285
>>
File: the void.jpg (29 KB, 220x311) Image search: [Google]
the void.jpg
29 KB, 220x311
OP here

this is one of the only games I've played that does immersive gameplay correctly
>>
File: get out.gif (32 KB, 282x200) Image search: [Google]
get out.gif
32 KB, 282x200
>>343154362
>>343154285
>more difficulty = more immersion
>>
>>343154404
I cannot find shit about this game. Not on steam and not on torrent sites.
>>
>>343154724
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Void_(video_game)

https://kat.cr/the-void-gog-t12732723.html
https://kat.cr/the-void-nmky-sharereactor-t3139002.html

Good luck. You'll need it lapochka.
>>
>>343155008
Ty comrade
>>
>>343154404

It's mouse gestures. And it barely works.

Immersive gameplay my fucking ass, you're praising mediocrity because you are impressed by abstract.
>>
>>343155683
At least it tried. Better than 99% of all the rehashes other games are at gameplay wise. You're criticizing innovation and people trying something new.

Play cowadoody and every generic RPG out there if that's what you prefer. Some people want more.
>>
>>343155879

It's not innovation, Arx Fatalis did it years earlier and it didn't work then either.

Frankly, you are being pretentious. I'm not impressed by "WOW! THIS IS SO WEIRD!". The Void is a bad game that may as well have been made by some San Francisco fucktard but it was made by Russians, has titties and is obscure so people around here like to pretend it doesn't suck. Well, it does.
>>
Katamari you pleb.

But seriously I think as "immersive experiences" increase, the gap between story and gameplay will expand.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.