[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Dead 3 speculation thread. Where do you think it should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27-17-41-16.png (1 MB, 1430x652) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27-17-41-16.png
1 MB, 1430x652
Red Dead 3 speculation thread.

Where do you think it should be set?

When should it be set?

Who should the protag be?

Antag?

Gameplay/plot ideas?

Concerns about modern R*?
>>
Op here. I think it would be pretty cool for the next red dead to be a Billy the kid simulator.

Or really just a true old West outlaw game.

Give us the option to be on either side of the law.
>go from bounty hunter to sheriff to Marshall. Hunting down criminals, forming possees, and having big time gangs ambush and try and gank you
Or
>Rob banks, stagecoaches, and trains while avoiding the law. Start a gang and rustle cattle. Kidnap people and ransom them. Or sell them to the black market.

Could be set just about anywhere Midwest really. Arizona could be cool, same with colorado. Californie way even.

I feel that as great as redemption and revolver were. There's just so much untapped potential for the series and the genre in general.
>>
But knowing rockstar it will probly be about the Marston boy.

And be a revenge story.

Like an old West revenge story hasn't been done before. Theyd probably remove having sex again too.
>>
RED
DEAD
REVENGANCE
>>
Red Dead 2 isn't even out yet though
>>
File: 1460515757336.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1460515757336.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>343011567
>>
>>343010217
>Where do you think it should be set?
the wild west
>When should it be set?
in the days of the wild west
>who should the protag be?
a cowboy
>>
Since redemption was kind of the "end of the outlaw West" When should this be set?

I'm honestly thinking before revolver even. Like height of the gold rush.

Imagine it. Some dirty prospector just found a baby hand sized nugget. You come up and blast him in the face for it. Pawn it for

>5 whole dollars
>>
Wouldn't the next game be in WW1 or something
>>
I can't see the Red Dead series going much further back or forward in time. The most natural way to go in my opinion would be to have a different character set in the same time as Redemption. We could still learn a whole bunch about John's past, or about some of the others that ran alongside him.
>>
>>343011829
I like you
>>343012367
God I hope not.
Maybe. Maaayybee if you were a draft dodger or a deserter. But that would be a terrible setting for red dead
>>
>>343011753
let's be honest nobody fucking played red dead revolver
>>
>>343011567
>Red Dead Revolver
>Red Dead Redemption
>>
Speculation for what? It's not coming
>>
>>343012651
Interesting.
Some new unamed character? Or an existing one for a new perspective?

A newcomers perspective could be interesting. To find the interconnected plot and story between the old characters. Find out what happened between revolver and redemption.
>>
>>343012961
Probly not. Still fun though
>>
>>343012669
What about the Civil War
>>
>>343013153
This could be cool.
Play as a confederate soldier starting Shit in the northern territories. Basically just doing terrorism. Lynching niggers. And that sort of thing.

Play as a union soldier doing the same except you ARE a nigger.

This is how the South rises again
>>
>>343011074
this doesn't make any sense. When has Rockstar ever made a direct sequel game about characters from an earlier game getting revenge?
>>
File: 1367350046174.jpg (151 KB, 767x581) Image search: [Google]
1367350046174.jpg
151 KB, 767x581
>>343012852
Red Dead Reloaded?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.