[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consolefag here Any tips on learning KB+M and non ADS FPSs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
Consolefag here

Any tips on learning KB+M and non ADS FPSs? Should I set Crouch to Shift or C? How high should sensitivity be? Also, how do I get gud at CS?
>>
just keep practicing,

mouse sensitivity i personal preference.I usually keep mine around 70% of max
>>
I prefer to bound Control as crouch button.
>>
>>342948223
They say lower sensitivity is better, idk who cares you're never going pro so set it high for those insane awp flix
Crouch button depends on whatever's easier for you, I have mine on caps and walk on shift
Memorize spray patterns, and try to specialize in two weapons from each category so you don't have to learn each weapon. Just play the game and listen to teammates, they'll understand if you're new. Learn to manage your economy and not buy like a retard every round. Get good with pistols so you can fuck over the other team on save rounds.
>>
>>342948223
learn to use all the buttons around wads, and consider moving to esdf. Set sensitivity as low as your mind and hand can tolerate. Thats where you want it.
>>
>>342950328
this, also don't bother 'learning 2 weapons from each category' >>342950152

the only guns you need to learn are the default pistols, deagle, ak, m4, and awp
>>
>>342950610
I mean smgs are useful and sometimes it's good to know how to use a famas. I doubt he'll be able to metawhore when just starting out and especially not use the fucking Deagle
>>
csgofag here 6k hours
here's my cfg http://pastebin.com/v8kY2BHR
Sens is 1.5
dpi on mouse is 400dpi I use a Rival Fade if you wanted to know.
>>
>>342948223
No matter what you choose, the way you used to play will be the best and most of the setups are the same.
And then, when you get used to it, you will be able to join shitstorm on subject: which is best.
>>
>>342951290
other tips for you;
-Download the maps
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140488121
and
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243702660

-play a dm with m4, ak then awp then repeat

-play osu! (legit amazing warm up and fun)
>>
>>342951749
osu is fucking shit, im not a weeb
>>
>>342951749
>play osu!
opinion discarded
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 814x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 814x498
>>342952775
>>342952783
>>
>>342951290
That is a low sens my dude
>>
All you gotta do is aim at the feet and spray full auto, you'll get them head shots bud.
>>
>>342952783
>>342952775
I'd play osu if it had some decent songs on it like DDR does, but even DDR is borderline
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.