[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Xenoblade X is in the mail because my Wii U needed a new game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 190x266
So Xenoblade X is in the mail because my Wii U needed a new game and it looked fun. I've never played a "Xeno" game and I know they are not connected but should I play Chronicles first? Does it offer a lot in the terms of a good ol fun jrpg?
>>
While it was stated that XCX was not a a squeal there's a bunch of implications in that game that it is. However it isn't very story relevant or anything so don't worry about[spoilers]well there was that one scene with the monster lions[/spoilers]. But I would still recommend you play xenoblade first, It has a simpler combat system that will help you learn how to play these games easier and you will enjoy the improvements made to it in XCX. Xenoblade also has a very enjoyable story, I became glued to game determined to beat every boss just so I could what happens next.

I hope this helped
>>
>>342939337
It did! Thank you.
>>
>>342938476
I lost interest and sold XCX about half way through. Exploration just felt like it became too reliant on dolls, and dolls made exploration feel too easy/pointless. Also the story just seems too mellow not in a good way like other games that actually focus on a mellow story so it kinda lost my interest.

My suggestion is to rely as little as you can on dolls in the second game. I heard the 1st game is worse in some aspects, but I kinda feel like the story might have been more interesting. I might give it a try sometime, but XCX definitely bumped it down the backlog.
>>
File: reyn.jpg (90 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
reyn.jpg
90 KB, 500x329
They're both great games. I suggest playing the first one first, since it is simpler in many ways.

But if you do that, do NOT go into the sequel thinking of it as a sequel. The games are not very similar outside of combat, which is pretty different to begin with.

The first game is more about story, where the second game is more about exploration.
>>
>>342938476
leave before it gets spoiled for you dumbass
>>
The first one is great, X sucks dick.
>>
It's a different game from X, but not a BAD different game.

And don;t worry if you hate Fiora. She'll be gone soon enough.
>>
>>342941353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY
>>
>>342940152
pretty much this

also keep in mind that XCX may have its story continued whereas XC1 is done
>>
I'm actually 27 hours into xenoblade X, the story is diluited and the quests generic as fuck, the story of Xenoblade Chronicles is much better, also the map is big but not that interesting, it's almost impossible to escape from a combat, the monsters even 3-4 levels stronger kill you in one hit. For now, not very impressed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.