[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hear good things about current flash sale >See Guilty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 36
File: fuck me.jpg (182 KB, 700x816) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
182 KB, 700x816
>Hear good things about current flash sale
>See Guilty Gear Xrd and remember hearing a lot about it prior to its release and just after it
>Pick up the game and have a lot of fun
>Think the character roster is pretty small and check online to see if more characters are coming via updates or dlc
>Find out that there's a new version of the game with new characters and new stages
>Think I'll be able to upgrade like street fighter
>Find out it's a fully priced release
>Find out the same thing happens with BlazBlue

How do people who play arcsys games deal with this? When do you guys know to buy the fighting game you've been hyped for?
>>
I call it .5 releases. It's more or less the same game but with some added shit.

Basically, you buy the game and then a week or two later Japan will announce they are developing a new version of the game.

You play your version until the new one comes out, and then you buy it and play that.

Repeat forever.

It's kinda retarded, yeah. Especially since .5 games are usually just the same thing but with more characters and some balance patches. At least Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator has a new story mode.

Basically we're so used to being fucked up the ass we just bend over and take it with minimal griping. Lord knows I fucking pre-ordered Revelator.
>>
It's a really stupid model, but you justify it yourself from the hundreds of hours of entertainment eventually
>>
>>342919932
>>342920130
Do you guys think they'll announce another version of Xrd, or does Revelator seem like it's the final version?
>>
>>342920392
There's always room for one more.

But generally a game only gets a .5 release once.

FUCKING ARCANA HEART 3 ON THE OTHER HAND GOT TWO .5 RELEASES, AND IT WAS LITERALLY ONE CHARACTER AND BALANCE PATCHES.

God, I mean the first .5 was alright I guess. It gave you a new game mode and stuff. But this one should just be DLC, it's just one character!
>>
I only get the .5 one versions nowadays. All the previous DLC plus more characters, usually only a year after the initial release.

Finally got to play Xrd this month because of Revelator. Glad I waited, the tutorial is so much better this time around, teaching you actual fighting game skills like spacing and matchups.
>>
File: 593108.jpg (77 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
593108.jpg
77 KB, 600x847
>>342919602
To be fair there was a 1.5 year gap between the home console versions of Sign and Revelator. Also the PS3 version of Revelator was only £25 so it's not really a lot of money. But we all know Arcsys are jews. This how they've done it for a long time now.
>>
>>342921759
>PS4 version is $80 in Canada
It hurts
>>
>>342919602
>Not playing Melee instead
Reminder that this game is NEVER EVER getting shown in a tournament ever again
>>
File: vc.jpg (13 KB, 177x168) Image search: [Google]
vc.jpg
13 KB, 177x168
>it's a "steambabby discovers fighting games because he'll buy anything with an anime art style" episode
>>
>>342922687
>Hey I remember hearing about this game, might as well try it out and see if it'll be fun to play with my friends because we haven't had a fun fighting game to play since season 2 of Killer Instinct dropped
>FUCKING PKEKS

why is such a vast majority of the vocal population of /v/ like this?
>>
>>342922923
>buys old version of a game
>complains about it on /v/
>gets mad when he's called a retard for being retarded instead of doing research
All fighting games on PC are out of date. This is nothing new.
>>
>>342920392
By the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised to see location testing happening for a new version.
>>
Nigger I'm not defending ASW being jews, but you shouldn't have bought an already outdated game.

There were two years in between.
>>
>>342924659
It's on PS4, it's a PSN flash sale. That's what I was getting at, calling everyone who thinks "I think I'll try this game out" a derogatory name for someone who plays on PC unless it's a nintendo game is pretty ignorant
>>
>>342925424
The game is on PC. It's out of date. This is always the case. It is the consumer's job to research a purchase properly. Quit being a stupid fucking goyim.
>>
How do May's armpits taste like?
>>
File: tumblr_static_banana.jpg (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_banana.jpg
21 KB, 256x256
>>342925553
K.
>>
>>342919602
> How do people who play arcsys games deal with this?

Well for one, you just buy each game when they come out. Sign in December 2014, Revelator in June 2016 (hell, months earlier if you preordered), that's two payments not counting if you wanted to buy Leo. Arcsys clearly isn't trying to follow the BlazBlue model with its Extend releases that are commercial duds internationally.

It's honestly sad seeing people bend over backwards to find any possible reason to criticize fighting games economically, you never see this happen to other genres.
>>
>>342926098
They complain about fighting games because they don't play them long enough to make 60$ worth it. Losing is hard on scrubs so they quit. A year later they get the itch to play again and the game is dead because the new version is out. So they spend 60$ again and quit in 3 days again.
>>
>Game dies in a month along with ranked mode

No thanks.
>>
File: 1461180428952.png (509 KB, 454x642) Image search: [Google]
1461180428952.png
509 KB, 454x642
>>342926374
>ranked
top kek
>>
File: tumblr_o5dx4dA8RV1ubm73lo1_500.jpg (43 KB, 408x660) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5dx4dA8RV1ubm73lo1_500.jpg
43 KB, 408x660
>>342926469
>Wanting to watch 2 other people play a custom game while you sit on the bleachers

Dead game.
>>
File: 1269966491420.jpg (17 KB, 317x307) Image search: [Google]
1269966491420.jpg
17 KB, 317x307
>>342926528
>not winning and staying on
>>
>>342919602
>How do people who play arcsys games deal with this?
I dont know. I realize that video games are a piss cheap hobby and 60 bucks once every 1.5 years for hundreds if not thousands of hours of entertainment are a completely ridiculous deal.

Guess I simply am not a degenerate who want to have everything for free. I mean, really? 1.5 years of entertainment for 60 bucks. Thats like 2 bucks a month. In most establishments thats like one third of a single beer.
>>
>le guilty gear isnt worth 60 dollars meme
did you guys not notice the massive improvement in graphics, lobbies, netcode, tutorial, story mode, arcade mode, 5 new characters, and increase in players? Its well worth 60 dollars
>>
>>342926606
>Let's play full price for what should've been released as a DLC
>>342921191
>>
>>342919602
>When do you guys know to buy the fighting game you've been hyped for?
You buy it when you want to play it, which is probably at release.
If you go with the mindset
>I'll just wait until the definitive version
you'll end up waiting forever and never playing it
>>
>>342926740
You dont seem to understand the point I am making here. Have you ever considered that the base game might be sold making a loss? Maybe development cost more than is covered by the 60 bucks retail price tag? Maybe the reason why all the later releases exist to break even? But, for obvious reasons, they cant sell the base game for 150 bucks and the expansions as 15 bucks DLCs.

Not even gonna start on the fact that the game received a shit ton of content. Graphics got improved even more, lobby system got reworked, netcode was improved, 6 new characters got added, new 4 hour story got added, shit ton of QoL changes, new trials etc. If you dont care about 90% of that stuff then thats fine, but the content still exists and therefore has to be paid for.
>>
>>342926740
Each game gets a free balance patch. After that you need to pay again. If they didn't charge money, the games would not exist. Fuck off and go play some shitty game that's been dead longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>342926612
This, you just need to look at SFV to see why re-releases like this are standard for fighting games. They ALWAYS need a lot of overhauling and rebalancing with time and its simply unpractical to have these games be sustained through other means (like microtransactions) due to their competitive nature.

As if 60$ is even a lot of money holy shit.
>>
>>342926934
Nigga, I'm an Arcsys dickrider who gets every iteration of everything they put out, but don't make excuses for their shitty practices. Even fucking capcom of all people has a better version model than they do at this point.
>>
>>342921759
>Buy Sign on Steam
>Revelator announced soon afterwards

But why...?
>>
>>342927843
Revelator was announced 6 months prior to Sign being released on Steam.
>>
>>342927641
>Even fucking capcom of all people has a better version model than they do at this point
Yeah Capcom,the company that makes promises and then doesnt keep them. Like in SF4 when they promised trials for USFIV, promised story modes, promised properly reworked balancing changes to the stagnating vortex meta and so on.

Changes to the balancing took them 1-2 months after USFIV was out. All the other shit, such as reworked challenges and storymode never even got released, right? Maybe they were, 6 months after initial release. Capcom is the worst example you could possibly choose because ArcSys games usually arrive finished, while Capcom games NEVER do. I rather pay 60 bucks for a finished, polished and properly improved product than 15 bucks for the shit Capcom keeps throwing at me.

>>342927843
By the time Sign came to Steam it was out on consoles for a year, and in Arcades for 2 years. Jesus Christ people...
>>
>>342927973
Are there arcades around you that have guilty gear Xrd? Genuine question because all of the arcades around me have shit from the 90:s
>>
>>342927973
Nigga, SFV has a better version model than any arcsys game has ever, or quite possible will ever put out. And before you go on about no single player or whatever else is a currently popular criticism of SFV, they have been completely honest about what they are doing and what they are trying to do throughout their entire development cycle.
>>
>>342928218
You're absolutely fucking retarded if you think they will ever finish SFV. They never even removed unblockables from SF4.
>>
>>342927641
To be honest Capcom has always had a better model.

There were literal patches sold as full games like Guilty Gear XX Slash which added ONE character, Order Sol, compared to previous iteration, while removing Robo-Ky MK II who had so many animations it is a pure waste of resources that they did not use them again. Some of those stolen special animations were so imaginative, they could've just used them as normals/moves for a vastly different character in Robo-Ky MK II, but no, let's waste a character we've spent so much time on.
>>
>>342928369
>ever finish

It's finished now. "Story mode" is just icing on the cake, the cgame itself works perfectly the way it is. All they're doing at this point is adding characters. Fucking hell guy, Arcsys games are great but there's no denying that they're maximum fucking jews. You don't have to convince yourself that getting fucked in the ass is good for you.
>>
>>342928638
>it's finished now
top fucking kek
>Arcsys games are great but there's no denying that they're maximum fucking jews
I never said they aren't. Their business model is better than Capcom's and that's just a fact. Enjoy your broken ass game with god awful netcode.
>>
>>342928218
>>342928369
Namco-Bandai-'s the better examples in earnest with Tekken 7 and Pokken Tournament
>Single Arcade release for both
>Will update and add new characters over time without forcing arcade owners to buy a new copy.
>Same plans for the home release, keeping them rather even given Namco-Bandai feels like the arcade does not compete with the home system.
>Everyone fucking wins
SFV was Capcom's attempt at mimicking them, and failing before they could even start. Arksys though are just jews who keep doing shitting single frame attacks because CLASH IMPACTS WOW, thinks they are SNK and forever sticks with 4 buttons with limited input when SNK makes the same 4 do twice as much, and fucking still releases games like it's 1996.
>>
>>342928839
Arc Sys literally did the same shit with Revelator by adding Jam at a later date. They'll add Raven, Dizzy and Kum back into the arcade version with a balance patch after console players test balance and then give that balance patch back to consoles FOR FREE after a few months in arcade. What's not to understand? They've been doing this for 6 years now.
>>
>>342928203
I doubt that there are any arcades outside of Japan at this point. Especially not the ones that have modern games. ArcSys titles are developed for the Asian market, not for ours.

>>342928218
>And before you go on
I was never even going to talk about the trainwreck that is SFV because I am pretty sure that I made my point by showing examples of how badly developed Capcoms games are.

Complain how much you want but I take ArcSys products over Capcom products any day of the week. They are more polished, more developed, receive proper improvements, hardly ever have game-breaking issues and shit usually arrives on time. I dont care if that costs me 60 bucks instead of 15 because I can literally see where my money went.

Not even gonna start on the fact that ArcSys is a tiny ass studio compared to Capcom, yet for some reason consistently manages to release more polished products. So no shit it costs more.
>>
>>342928936
>I doubt that there are any arcades outside of Japan at this point. Especially not the ones that have modern games.
Google Round One. Nesica is available in the US country wide. There are still plenty of arcades in South Korea as well.
>>
>>342928792
>top fucking kek
Great argument bro

>Their business model is better than Capcom's and that's just a fact.

It's not, and if you think so you're fucking delusional. And yes, I've enjoyed my time with SFV just as much as I've enjoyed my time with Revelator. You should try to not be a blind fanboy and try to be more objective about the shitty practices that game companies do.
>>
>>342928936
I've never seen someone more happy to get their shithole remodeled.
>>
>>342929085
I own just about every Capcom fighting game ever in some form. Capcom's business models produce worse games and are worse for the consumer. Buying 4 15$ balance patches that don't fix shit like FUCKING UNBLOCKABLES is not better than Arc Sys's business model if you play competitively. You play casually and don't care about the actual product. That's fine, just stop posting and continue doing it.
>>
>>342929247
You know that XRD has FUCKING UNBLOCKABLES too right?

Unless you're playing at tourneys and placing high, you're not playing "competitively" either bro.
>>
>>342929396
>You know that XRD has FUCKING UNBLOCKABLES too right?
Yes, by design, not because the fucking game doesn't accept inputs properly on wakeup.
>Unless you're playing at tourneys and placing high, you're not playing "competitively" either bro.
I have placed top 16 at multiple majors in Xrd. You can change the subject all you want. SFV will be dead in Japan because Capcom did not release the game in arcades first. Japan will drop the game after CPT is over and go back to SF4 or play something else. Most of the top SF4 players play Xrd or another game already.
>>
>>342929396
Which isnt true. Xrd never had unblockable, people just called them as such because it was borderline impossible to block them.

Like, blocking the Drill setup of Zato has always been possible. However, due to the it being a 1 frame window people generally called it unblockable because hardly anyone ever managed to hit the window. Still not unblockable, just borderline impossible to do so.
>>
>>342929247
Oh you're one of those people. This isn't going to end well for anyone
>>
>>342929567
Whats your handle bro :^)

I can guarantee you SFV will have a bigger playerbase in every region from now until every version of Xrd is out.
>>
>>342929612
>Xrd never had unblockable
Elphelt's sniper rifle. Ram's sword/command throw setups. FUCKING JOHNNY. SF4 has unblockables through shitty coding, GG has them by design and are balanced already said design.
>>342929670
>Whats your handle bro :^)
>asking for handle on anonymous image board
SFV already has a smaller player base than Xrd and BB in Japan. Do you really think SFV will be held up by the region who can't win anything? Japanese players are playing SFV because of the money. Capcom won't be putting up money if the game is failing, which it is.
>>
>>342929823
Oh, so you're full of shit, carry on then.
>>
>>342929938
I'll just body you at the next major I go to :^)
>>
>>342930016
Sure thing bro, sure thing
>>
>>342930016
I like how you didn't answer what your handle is.
>>
>>342920392
>Robo-Ky, Zappa, and Baiken hinted at in story mode
Yeah, I'm betting there's gonna be one more. My guess is they'll keep milking Xrd until they've got most of the original cast back in and then they'll push to the next version.
>>
>>342930016
But what's your handle though?
>>
>>342930248
My handle is irrelevant and you know it. I play fighting games so spending money on them makes financial sense. You don't play fighting games so you don't care about their quality and just want cheap shit.
>>
>>342930372
I will play you in literally any fighting game.

Let me know what you would like to play, even though you're going to dodge me because you're a fraud.
>>
>>342930372
>Not wanting to pay less for an equal or better experience
Why are you getting mad at anon for wanting to pay less?
>>
>>342930493
See me in Chaos Code at CEOtaku then friend.
>>
>>342930596
>Weeb tournament
>October

Nice dodge senpai
>>
>>342930583
Because paying for less means you get less. Why would I want a shittier version of a game I like?
>>342930667
>being so much of a shitter he thinks every game has online play
>>
>>342930718
Any game worth playing has some form of online play.
>>
>>342930761
So basically you have no friends and don't go to tournaments.
>>
>>342930718
What fighting game are you currently playing doesn't have online play?
>>
File: image.jpg (818 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
818 KB, 700x990
>>342919602
I usually just keep myself on the newest version.
I'm a huge fan of their work, and while I admit that it's pretty scummy how they release "Extend" versions with minimal changes, I can look past that since their games have so much longevity.

Also, how do you deal with Raven's pressure? His air command grab is really good at controlling space and keeping me grounded, so it's hard to find an escape route without using meter.
>>
>>342930869
Chaos Code and Dark Awake to name some. +R might as well not have it either.
>>
Any tips for someone trying to get into these games? Do you guys make up your own combos or do you just use ones you find online?
>>
>>342931654
Fighting games? For me, it was finding the game that worked. For me, it was Hisotensoku. It was the only fighting game that made sense to me and it's because of that I got into and could understand fighting games.

As for combos...

Yeah, you can just copy what someone has posted online. Personally I try to do my own thing though. Problem with just using the ones online is that everyone else knows them too so they know when and how to counter and block.

Just experiment a bit, fighting games are a genre that really benefit from playing them over and over again.
>>
>>342930891
You kinda wait it out till he does the scratch/needle. Dead angle against glide is great tool since he can't bait it in any way

Treat him like Ky in a sense that his effective range in pressure takes very long time but eventually he will run out of momentum.
>>
File: 1454005893729.jpg (69 KB, 354x405) Image search: [Google]
1454005893729.jpg
69 KB, 354x405
>>342931654
After spending some time in training mode learning the moves and how the character plays, I usually go online and find combos/combo theory, frame data etc. My execution is meh, so I don't really go too deep when it comes to combos.

For me personally, having good footsies is more important to me, since having best the best combos in the world mean nothing if you can't start them.
>>
>>342931654
Pretty much everyone had their own way of getting into them. Some people prefer staying religiously in training mode and other go right into it after reading character's basics/watching some footage. There's no correct way of getting into them

I use my own combos since I know I won't drop them. The stuff you come up with will stay with you for longer and you'll come with some kind of hitconfirm faster.
The bad thing about my way of doing it is that you'll never do those 100% optimized stuff
>>
>>342932310
>Dead Angle
I keep forgetting about that. I really should use it more.
Thanks man.

>>342931654
I usually go into training mode to see what I can find by myself before looking online. Discovering how a character works from scratch is a lot of fun.
>>
>Start up a fighting game series you're completely new to
>Hit training mode to try out all the characters
>And then you find The One
>It fits your playstyle perfectly and combos seem to just effortlessly flow like water
>You haven't found your main, they have found you.

What's their name /v/? For me it was Nu-13 from BlazBlue
>>
>>342933628
Noel Vermilion, Mitsurugi (SC4), and Sakura (Alpha 3 Max)
>>
File: Merkavarun.gif (127 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
Merkavarun.gif
127 KB, 500x424
>>342933628
Merkava. It hurts because I want to play Vatista. I keep resisting the urge to play Merkava and practice my Vatista, but holy shit Merkava just feels much more natural.
>>
>>342933628
Leo fits me like a glove.
Brynhildr Stance is so unbelievably fun to use.
>>
>>342933961
>>342933985
Oh shit, I forgot about Merkava! Haven't played UNIEL in ages!
I feel the exact same way, just replace Vatista with Chaos.

Is Chaos still as completely terrible as he was a year ago?
>>
>>342934068
There have been no updates to UNIEL, so yes Chaos is still worst in the game. He's great in UNIst though, but that still hasn't had a console release announced yet.
>>
File: 1452976100514.jpg (503 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452976100514.jpg
503 KB, 700x1000
>>342933628
Jun Kazama in Tekken 2 when I was younger. Destroyed my cousins with her in tag 1. Then Asuka inherited most of her moves, which felt "right".

Sophitia from SC 2-4, Mu-12 from BB, Abel from sf4, Hitomi from DOA 5 and Hilda from UNIEL also fit.
>>
File: Mu-1217.jpg (219 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Mu-1217.jpg
219 KB, 800x800
>>342934268
My man. I went into BB already deciding to play Mu though, but it was amazing how well she fit me. Her tools just flow normally and I have so much fun with her I end up not really wanting to stop practicing stuff. Looking forward to the buffs in CF, all the japanese players seem to be rating her pretty highly.
>>
>>342934370

>Tfw fighting a good I-No and Venom

LITERALLY HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THE BLENDER APART FROM PLAYING NEUTRAL WELL
>>
>>342934260
Ah well, that's a shame.
Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>342934526

Didnt mean to quote
>>
>>342925740
Like sex.
>>
>>342934526
>Venom
Stop playing it like a fighter and start playing it like SHMUP

>I-No
Hope to god you can make 7 correct 50/50 high/low guesses in a row, then try attacking.
>>
Isn't finding a character that fits you like a glove the best feeling? I'm actually kinda bad at fighting games, so I adore those moments. That being said, getting a well deserved win is great too.

My main problem is that I prefer to play fighting games on the PC. It's what I grew up with. Hisotensoku is the first fighter I got into, and I mostly played doujin fighting games on the PC until I gravitated towards "real" fighting games.

I can't use a controller at all, it's gotta be keyboard. Don't get me started on arcade sticks, if it's not a D-pad I lose all accuracy and keep jumping or crouching.
>>
File: 39010568_p28.png (627 KB, 768x800) Image search: [Google]
39010568_p28.png
627 KB, 768x800
>>342934370
I used to be a makoto main easy back in CSE, but I had a slump and decided to try out other characters. When I got around to Mu, it clicked. Probably because she has good pokes/range since I also like playing as Hilda, and Scharlotte from arcana heart.
>>
So how does everyone here feel about Mr. Kreutz?
Personally, I think the wing-eye looks ridiculous and the cross in his hair is a bit much, but other than that I don't mind his design.
Try to keep it (relatively) spoiler free.
>>
>>342934823
Try a hitbox, easiest thing to transition to if you're used to keyboard
>>
>>342934870
Scharly is my Arcana Heart main too. I was a bit taken back, since my BlazBlue main is Nu-13 and it's a bit weird that the characters I like are both yandere mid-rangers
>>
File: IMG_20150608_025835.jpg (812 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150608_025835.jpg
812 KB, 3264x2448
>>342934823
Well, of course you can't get things down on pad if you don't practice with it enough. But whatever.

>>342934876
Like what this anon said, hitbox might be up your alley if you don't want to make your own "stick". As an owner, I feel that it's a lot easier to pick up than stick and has some neat benefits. Like being able to dp or do a double qcf on reaction or mashing it out during an untight string
>>
>>342934876
I had to look that up and... Wow dude, sorry but no. It looks weird to use. Besides, I can always just use my keyboard. Steam gets fighting games late, but we still gedd'em.
>>
>>342935164
Are there left handed versions of those? I'm used to using the arrow keys on a keyboard to move. A quick Google search seems to point to no, unless you get a custom one made.
>>
>>342934526
>HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THE BLENDER
You don't. Sometimes, you just have to guess and hope for the best. The key is to not get put in that situation in the first place.

It's a shitty concept, but it's not going to go away any time soon because blender vortex is popular amongst many players.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_230430.jpg (852 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_230430.jpg
852 KB, 3264x2448
>>342935191
It's not that bad, you stop thinking about it after an hour or two. Just think of it more as a jump button than up.
>>
>>342935349

If it makes you feel any better, making one yourself is actually pretty fucking easy and about the same price if not cheaper than a real one anyway.
>>
>>342919602
>Upgrade like SF

I thought SF pioneered making you buy a whole new game?
>>
Finding "The One" is the best feeling.
Whatever you do, It turns into magic.

But It feels FUCKING WEIRD when you hate how the character plays and you just win with barely any effort.

>Man, fuck Platinum
>why am I so effective with her
>>
>>342927632
don't forget each ASW is pretty much a complete game release unlike SFV which is a freemium based dlc scam early release alpha tier shitfest with loads of issues and is getting MK9 pacing of patches.
>>
>>342934526
Most players have shit mix ups. Either learn their rfavore combos or just go turbo rushdown and keep them off balance
>>
>>342935349
I don't think so. But it took me about 4-6 hours to get the hang of the controller. It's super easy to use.
>>
File: 1452000551598.gif (3 MB, 199x190) Image search: [Google]
1452000551598.gif
3 MB, 199x190
>>342919602
Fans follow their beloved franchise no matter what. You can ask the same about SFV, about KI, MKX. All of them have their flaws, but whoever wants to play them, just forgets about them and plays the game anyway...

Ironically, all those flaws affect mostly newcomers, which are the number one target. There is not one single mayor fighting game in the last 3 years that hasn't done something to appeal new audiences
>>
>>342935418
Yes, there's about 14 or 15 versions of SF2, about 5 or 6 of SF Alpha, 3 versons of SF3, 4 versions of SF4.

Anyone who legit believes capcom's bullshit statement for SF5 is not reading the real meaning.

"SFV is the only disc you will need to buy"

They never once said:

"SFV is the only disc we'll make"

There will be a Super/Arcade Edition/WTFever they call it released later which would also make sense for late adapters as they will have all the characters in by default up to that point to keep it a competitive game and to keep it's scene alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1033x679
>>342935419
>Fuck Platinum
I'll never understand her popularity, she's so obnoxious.
>>
>>342934526
I-no isn't /that/ scary. You only eat ONE fucked up mixup then you're out.

Don't let her redash and get a second mixup, 2p her after you block the first mixup (if you do) and start your pressure/offense.

Force her to play neutral, she's REALLY weak at neutral (SHE CANT FUCKING RUN) so blow he up for using full screen HCL by low profiling it (most characters can literally just run under it) and abuse her hard when you knock her down.

She's definitely the scrub killer in the game.
>>
I got Revelator the other day and I can't understand MOM mode at all.

Apparently it's a decent way to make money but I won about 6 or so fights then lost and got nothing. What am I doing wrong? Is there a "what the fuck should I be doing" tutorial for it?
>>
>>342935763

Full screen normals, near-instant overheads, fast meterless guard breaks?
>>
File: 1443428221809.jpg (49 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1443428221809.jpg
49 KB, 616x699
>>342933628
>tfw I never find character like this
>>
I'm a little sad that Testament, Zappa, and Anji, yes, i'm well aware he's horrible didn't make it into the cast. At least I still have Eddie and Slayer.
>>
>>342936152
Anji was ok in +R i think.
>>
>>342933628
platinum for blazblue
ms fortune for SG
>>
>>342935998
I meant her personality/characterization. I know full well why some people like her gameplay or visual design.
She's also obnoxious to fight against, though.
>>
>>342936385

I guess since he/she's THREE PEOPLE, she fits a bunch more stereotypical personalities than other characters.
>>
>>342935892
>Most character's can run under it
>Not Leo, though
>Can't even reflect with Kahn Schild
I hate this match-up so much.
>>
File: ChyWt7zVEAAVVpX.jpg (129 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
ChyWt7zVEAAVVpX.jpg
129 KB, 640x800
>>342933628
That has literally never happened to me. For every fighting game I've ever played I've had to grind training mode for a long ass time, struggle to learn combos and after a while and plenty of work I usually find a character that I'm comfortable with. Unless the game is Xrd; because then I'll never find a main.
>>
>>342936501
Real Platinum is alright, it's just Sena and ESPECIALLY Luna I can't stand.
10/10 gag reel though.
>>
Dies Johnny have hard execution? Does he have crispy links that I can drop 70% of the time?
>>
>>342936094
Have faith anon, The One always appears when you least expect it.
>>
>>342936678
He's middle of the road in terms of difficulty, I think.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (518 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
518 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone played this AND have fun with it? Or is it just me?
>>
>>342936832
I thought the art direction was terrible and stayed as far away as I could.
>>
>>342936832
Gameplay is solid, though the graphics are pretty shit. Saw alot of success in Japan with the competitive audience despite not being intended for such. Probably the most straightforward fighting game on the market right now.
>>
File: COnF7x1UAAAG5g0.png (865 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
COnF7x1UAAAG5g0.png
865 KB, 750x750
>>342936678
Higher than the average I'd say. Mist cancels aren't hard, but they take a bit of getting used to. Most of his combos aren't terribly difficult, but they are certainly a step above the average in Revelator. He has some really difficult stuff like dash cancel treasure hunt, but you can do well enough without it, unless you're playing on a higher level. Some tricky things about Johnny is that some of his combos are very spacing and character specific and he relies quite a bit on the person playing him being decent at reacting and hit-confirming. At least that's from my experience with Johnny.
>>
>>342936981
>Koihime
>Competitive

I mean... yeah, I guess you could play it competitively. It just seemed like such a niche title that I'm surprised enough people cared. Especially surprising since I've never found a single match online, but then again this isn't Japan.

>>342936912
I do like how half that cast are cute brown anime girls though.
>>
>>342937154
In the west it's dead as fuck.
>>
File: maui mallard idle staff hoop.gif (24 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
maui mallard idle staff hoop.gif
24 KB, 150x150
>>342931654
Well, the first thing to realize about getting into fighters is that it's not enough that you want to do it, you need other people who are just as committed as you are, who preferably live nearby so you can play often. Playing online is the last resort and I guess it can work, but the important thing is that you need people you know who are equally committed. Play against them, and often. Pick characters that interest you, for any reason, and butt heads with the other players long enough (and it's going to take time) that you've learned things about how the mechanics of the game work, and how your chose character functions, like the properties their moves have like duration, hitboxes, blockstun, etc. Having this innate knowledge of the game will help you immensely when you start looking up combos and other things high level players do. At low level play, mashing buttons tends to get better results than standing around and meticulously planning what to do, but you still need to pay attention to what's happening in the game and learn from it.

Having mentioned the need for other people, it'd also be good if that group had both people of similar skill level and those who are significantly better than you, because you learn valuable things from playing with both.
>>
>>342937505
Having a group isn't needed if the online community isn't dead.
It helps, but it certainly isn't a requirement.
>>
>>342937635

As a rule, you need a group for every game other than SF.
>>
>>342937717
I've only ever played with online buddies in BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, so unless you want to consider those guys my "group", then no, you really don't.
>>
ASW don't have as much money as Capcom do to begin with. So it's understandable why would they release the new game instead if updating previous version. Still, Revelator actually costs it's money.
>>
>>342920392
recently asw have been releasing a version, then a patch, then a version.

revelator will get dizzy and if it doesn't get a simultaneously balance patch, it will get at least one.

but yeah revelator isn't the last xrd lol
>>
So, I just started playing revelator and I'm having a bit of trouble on who to main. So far I'm looking at Millia and Ram. I could also play jam since I played her a bit in Acore.
>>
File: 1454280564694.webm (3 MB, 414x646) Image search: [Google]
1454280564694.webm
3 MB, 414x646
>>342933628
Christie from DOA 5
>>
>>342940396

Ram and Jam are a bit hard to use, since their tools were nerfed, the latter especially so since her AC days.

Millia is really good providee you can handle IADs
>>
WHERE

IS

DIZZY

raven and haeyun are too easy to play and i don't want to play jam, jack off or johnny.

i need a zoner that feels good to initiate total lockdown
>>
>>342941224
Millia Trial 8 is fucking me with those jump dash cancels. But I'll get there eventually. She's pretty fun to play as so I'll probably stick with her if Ram doesn't stick.

What character has good pokes? My friends hate my Mu-12 since they can never get in. Is there a character similar to her in Revelator?
>>
>>342941641

W8 for evo

>>342941646
Trial combos are nice but some of them are far from practical. You can usually shortcut some to be easier off a starter and still end in a knockdown.

As for Pokes? Look no further than Sin. Absolutely bullshit damage and range, 3rd best backdash in the game, decent mobility off command jump, best 6P in the game arguably, easy to play and definitely S tier.

He lacks mixups outside meter, but thats alright, his damage compensates for that
>>
File: 1466331103230.jpg (120 KB, 392x495) Image search: [Google]
1466331103230.jpg
120 KB, 392x495
>>342932909
>you'll never do those 100% optimized stuff
>tfw hard wired muscle memory always leads you to anti-airing with Heat Knuckle instead of getting a sick combo with CH 2H.
>>
File: 1461005363664.jpg (381 KB, 666x778) Image search: [Google]
1461005363664.jpg
381 KB, 666x778
>>342942483
Oh, I know that trial combos can be inefficient, it's the same with street fighter. But it let's me get familiar with a character at least. Thanks m8.

Hopefully we'll get dlc characters like Testament, HOS and Bridget.
>>
>>342942742

Keeping stuff simple with Potemkin is usually the safest way you can play him. Add Hammerfall Breaks, YRCs and air throw reversals and you're golden. I think the best asset you need to have when playing him is a rock solid defense though. Most of the time you're just going to eat whatever oki they can throw at you, and you need to know how to Just Defend or Air Throw in gaps to get out. Its not really about 6K loops and all, although that shit is mad hype.
>>
This is why I'm pirating all instalments of the game.
>>
>>342919602
>Pick up the game
>check online
You maybe have made a mistake here, check before buying anything next time
>>
>surprised at GG getting revisions

TOPKEKGGAC XXX+++
>>
>>342942742
This meme is still not funny
>>
>>342943078
>Bridget
Only if he's a big burly bearded motherfucker, still wearing that stupid outfit.
>>
>>342943078
Bridget would be great, personally I know multiple people who would give the game a chance just by him being in it.
>>
>Combo mode
>Basic training finished. Press down+options for advanced training
>Give up after 3 missions
And I'll keep paying for it until I die
>>
File: bridget_jam.jpg (246 KB, 1314x937) Image search: [Google]
bridget_jam.jpg
246 KB, 1314x937
>>342947407
Jam wouldn't allow that to happen while she's still alive.

>>342947487
He's pretty fun in Acore. He's honestly the reason why I took a glance at GG waaaay back then. Nothing better than beating up big muscle men as a cute trap.
>>
>Play Revelator in the living room
>Jack-O starts orgasming like a 5 year old
>May's screams
>Jam's anything
Why
>>
File: srsly.gif (75 KB, 376x362) Image search: [Google]
srsly.gif
75 KB, 376x362
>>342949369
>orgasming like a 5 year old
>>
>>342949369
Well you can go to the game options and mute the character voices
>>
File: 1448334655541.png (8 KB, 308x296) Image search: [Google]
1448334655541.png
8 KB, 308x296
>>342949369
>orgasming like a 5 year old
>>
File: Ojou.jpg (359 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ojou.jpg
359 KB, 1280x720
>>342949369
Jam's panties change according to what day it is. Color changes too depending on what color outfit you pick.
>>
File: That's bloody awesome.gif (2 MB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
That's bloody awesome.gif
2 MB, 352x200
>>342949906
That's goddamn amazing
>>
File: 51346717_p0.jpg (516 KB, 863x1013) Image search: [Google]
51346717_p0.jpg
516 KB, 863x1013
>>342947280
I like it
>>
>>342950458
But Moko is immortal
>>
File: 12295912_p0.png (372 KB, 1019x1019) Image search: [Google]
12295912_p0.png
372 KB, 1019x1019
>>342950538
If Reimu wants something dead, it's staying dead
>>
>>342945423

What about the online? Pretty active in EU and Asian lobbies. NA is ok but they only gather in New England anyway
>>
>>342931654
Usually, you can figure out a couple bread and butters on your own. Then go check out what good players do, and for what reason, so you can optimize your own playstyle.
>>
>>342949369
Arcsys voice design is godawful and a great case for making a game with a male-only cast. The future of fighting game sound design lies in Skullgirls where every single voice trigger can lead to three different readings so that it never becomes annoying.
>>
>>342952772
> every single voice trigger can lead to three different readings
That would make sound feedback needlessly complicated. No different from making 3 different animations for the same attack
>>
File: Sol's Heavy Day Off.jpg (381 KB, 1200x1900) Image search: [Google]
Sol's Heavy Day Off.jpg
381 KB, 1200x1900
>>342919602
I haven't had issues finding any PC matches online on the US east coast. Don't worry so much about randoms, the real community comes from the handful of people you play with regularly.
And failing that you can luck out like I did and hang with a merry band of fellow spregs in locals since 2005.
>>
File: PotOriginal.gif (3 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
PotOriginal.gif
3 KB, 112x112
>>342933628
I've been playing GG since 1999 and I didn't even notice this beautiful son of a bitch until I saw FAB play him. Never went back to Sol, Faust or A.B.A. since.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.