[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oy /v/, how do I get MGS2S to run properly on PC? I load it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Oy /v/, how do I get MGS2S to run properly on PC? I load it up and all the characters are invisible (including the codec call). Also, how do they work around the pressure sensitive buttons on this version?
>>
bumping because I'm interested in playing it on pc too, however I didn't try yet.
>>
>>342828848
The pressure sensitive buttons have a dedicated "modifier" button that, when held, makes things a soft or hard press.

As for making it run properly, you shouldn't be having any issues with the graphics. I installed this game recently (maybe a couple years ago) and all I had to do was install some sort of proprietary audio software so the game would even run, but eventually I found a fix some guy made.

I recall having some issues mapping triggers on my 360 controller. As far as I remember, the way I solved this was by using a hybrid XPadder approach: Map everything you can with the game's own mapping tool (so you keep, for instance, the analog movement) and then map only the triggers and other things that don't work with XPadder.

Google "MGS2 dsound fix" or "directsound fix" to find the audio fixer, and DaGleeses 360 controller fix for a potential fix for controller mappings.

Doing all of this I experienced no further problems with the native PC version.

Now, all of this said, if you have a reasonably powerful i5 processor from the last 2 or 3 generations of Intel CPUs, you should just emulate the PS2 version, as you will most likely have fewer troubles and it should run pretty well regardless of it being emulated.
>>
>>342829559
Forgot to add, give this a look too. Checking PCGW never hurts.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_2:_Substance
>>
>>342828848
>Oy /vey/, how do I get MGS2S to run properly on PC?

Use pcsx2
>>
>>342830065
>>>/pol/ pls
>>
>>342828848
As a fellow mustard, trust me:
you don't wanna play MGS games on PC. With the exception of 1 perhaps, which is easy to emulate.

get the PS3 + MGS Legacy Collection.
>>
File: 1409266949786.jpg (1 MB, 1737x2600) Image search: [Google]
1409266949786.jpg
1 MB, 1737x2600
>>342828848
PC version is more trouble than it's worth. Just emulate it.
>>
>>342830065
>>342832770
PCSX2 runs like dirt, though. Plus there's the problem with pressure sensitive buttons. If I could run MGS3 on PC properly I would.
>>
>>342831475
what's a mustard? (I'm new)
>>
>>342833142
>I'm new
yeah, I can tell, summerfag.

Mustard = mustard race = Master Race = PC Master Race.
>>
>>342833073
They knew pressure sensitive buttons were a fad so they designed ways around it. Just unequipping the gun is more reliable than the pressure sensitive buttons anyway.
>>
>>342829559
>you shouldn't be having any issues with the graphics
Unless op is running a Geforce 4 or earlier Geforce card, then he most definitely should be having issues with the graphics.
AFAIK MGS2 PC doesn't run on any card other than those out of the box.
There's patches to fix it though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.