[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of picking this game up, but not sure. First of all,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: rainbox-six-siege.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbox-six-siege.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
Thinking of picking this game up, but not sure.
First of all, I don't trust Ubisoft and hate that Uplay crap.
But, I really like tactical games, I like CS:GO a lot and think the concept of this one is really interesting.

So what's /v/'s verdict? Is it any good? How are the servers? Balancing? Etc.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>342750325
ive got 60 hours on it

pros
>pretty well balanced. some classes are more useful but you can compete with all of them
>ubisoft has been good about listening to the community and patching game play
>new content is free (if you buy the pass you get early access for a week)
>game is extremely fun

cons
>single player is only 3ofps on consoles. not sure about pc
>somewhat steep learning curve. every class is different, you have to learn which walls can be breached
>most players will already know the maps
>it may take a while to unlock everything
>questionable net code at times

if you like cs you should like this game: similar modes, one lifer per round, guns can kill with a single bullet
>>
>>342750325
I liked the Beta, but found it too expensive afterwards.
>>
Frustrates the fuck out of me. Esp, when your team rushes in and all dies then expects you to hurry up.
>>
>>342750325
expect to get berated and hated for a while. Play like it's CoD and you will be shat upon.
>>
>>342751305
This is why you play with friends and communicate.
>>
trash you will regret

1 shot headshot on all characters at any range with any weapon turns every fight into a sprayfest to see who can rng headshot first as the spray is just random

There was a bug that actually fixed this for a week and the game was a fun slow/tactical shooter as it should be and then fags on reddit complained and it was fixed, haven't played since

Also heard it was full of hackers now
>>
>>342751131

thanks for the detailed feedback, seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.
And learning shouldn't be a problem, you have to learn the maps in CS too.
Hope the net code issues aren't too bad? Are we talking Payday 2 bad?
>>
>>342750325
I can only speak for consoles but I think it's great. I paid $60 and definitely think I got my value. The game modes are built on player decision so the variety is basically on you. If you switch up your approach you will get different results every time. For example, running all shields will make for a dramatically different game than if everyone picked the essential operatives.
>>
>>342751624
>There was a bug that actually fixed this for a week and the game was a fun slow/tactical shooter as it should be and then fags on reddit complained and it was fixed, haven't played since
What are you even talking about? Headshots have always been 1 hit kill at any range in Siege. What bug are you exactly talking about and what was fixed?
>>
>>342751681
I have roughly 25 hours over the past few days and haven't had any issues with it. Really dig the game.
>>
I love this game. I don't like fps games usually and not a fan of ubisoft but

>most maps are great. They give you tons of opportunities to create your own shooting angles, tons of cool places to high
>a lot of fun operators that provide tons of good teamwork. Some unbalanced operators tho
>nice shooting mechanics and physics.
Somehow this game is underrated. I really like it. I'd pick it up if I were you
>>
>>342750325
It's really fun and I had no problems while playing on PS4. All the new characters are free but cost about 20000 points in-game. Get Frost if nobody else because she's one of the best defenders.
>>
Is this one of those shooters where you need to play with friends to get into it or are pubs fine?
>>
>>342752398
>>342752552
>>342752675

sounds good.

Also, another question: Season Pass is only early unlocks, no exclusive content, right? So I won't need it and it's not splitting the community with new maps like other games *cough* CoD/BF *cough*, right?
>>
>>342752887
There might be exclusive weapon skins , but new maps/characters are for everyone.
>>
>>342752887
Nah don't get the season pass. It's not worth it

The only issue is you need to learn the maps or its not that fun. The most important part of siege is the positioning. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, positioning and angles are the most important aspect. Learn how to position correctly and you'll get it.
>>
>>342753035

don't care about skins, as long as they're purely cosmetic and not Pay 2 Win like they did with Payday 2.
>>
>>342752865
Pubs for the most part are fairly decent people but more and more they are turning into jaded, know-it-all pricks. It can turn a challenging match into a total shitshow if you have some sperglord barking unintelligible orders out at no one. If you find someone you click with, send them a friend request - most people are happy to meet up again if you worked well together.
>>
>>342753136

so basically like CS in that respect?
>>
>>342751624
>Poke head out of a freshly breached wall
>Get shot
>Die
>WOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I'D DIE
>>
>>342753301
Except siege is nowhere near as twitchy as cs. A lot of kills can be cheeky as fuck and that's really what I mean, try to get some cheeky kills through a kill hole or peak from an angle other people can't see you at. The game is about deception more so than you'd think. You can blow holes into the roof of an objective room and shoot down into it, or clusterbomb down into the room. There are tons of things you can do and coordination with your teammates while rushing/camping certain spots is how you win. It's fun but it's gonna take you a little time to adjust to the maps. Once you do, it gets really fun.
>>
>>342752865
Pubs are fine, just use you fucking mic holy shit. Don't be that guy with the mic who just sits there and stays quiet and not giving out information. I'm not the most talkative, but I at least try to help. That shit pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>342753639

Thanks, sounds good, just picked it up, my first real purchase this sale, apart from some 1-2 bucks stuff.

>>342753736

OP here (not the guy that asked this), but yeah, hate those people in CS:GO matchmaking too. I always say, if you don't have a mic or don't use it, don't play competitive games like that. I just hate these people.
>>
>>342750325
>I like tactical games
>like csgo
Thread is trash
>>
>>342754487

Here's your
(You)
>>
I have 400 hours in it on the pc and quit ranked once I hit plat as I seemed to be matched with groups of hackers from then on out.

It's a really fun game but takes a bit to get used to. At this point in the games lifespan you're going to have a hard time starting out as most of the players left are the ones who are like me and know all of the good spots and know how to shoot the guns.

That said, we could always use fresh blood if you're up for it. If you're playing on pc it's worth noting that the hacker problem is definitely there but rarely in casual, the hackers tend to stay in ranked and as a rule of thumb I've found all diamonds either toggle or play with people who toggle.
>>
>>342752164
This happened back when you could glich the kapkan traps. Headshots/hitboxes are so bad people get headshot through shields. The bug just reduced the headshot hitbox and also made headshots not insta kill most of the time

>>342753521
Yeah, that's a scenario that can happen. Most of the time it's a guy running outside on defense and spraying a fast gun and getting a lucky headshot and then that guy has to sit out and wait 5 minutes to play again. Not fun.

Also, there's no reason to customize your weapon for damage. You should just always go for the fastest gun with the lowest damage as you will get a lucky headshot before they can kill you with damage from bodyshots every time
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.