[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get better at games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I am constantly carried by my friends in whatever we play. I have no idea what is wrong because I put in full effort but I still fuck everything up. Any advice?
>>
stop button mashing
>>
Are you mashing buttons with all your heart or are you thinking critically, making a conscious effort to learn from your mistakes?

When you die, do you wonder why you died? Do you analyze what killed you, what you did wrong, and what you could do differently next time? Or are you eager to catch up to your friends so you thoughtlessly rush back into the fray? Are you constantly trying new things every time you fail, or do you stubbornly stick to the same tactics or playstyles? Do you consciously think about what each ability does and where and why you should use it, or are you just using whatever comes to impulse?

Unless your reflexes are intrinsically fucked or something equally tragic then you're probably not learning from your mistakes, because learning from your mistakes is a massive part of being good at anything in life, video games certainly included.
>>
>>342708170
probably this, but I still won't learn from this

and.. probably asked this before and forgot why everything was so fucked, thanks for reminding me

what a shame
>>
>>342707558
What game u playin?
>>
>>342708296
You asked and you got an answer. Now stop being a little bitch, because anyone can get better.
>>
>>342707558
Just stop being such a casual.
Understand the systems of the game you're playing and learn to use them to your advantage.
>>
File: IQ Score and Race World Map.jpg (86 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
IQ Score and Race World Map.jpg
86 KB, 700x480
low IQ people suck at gaming
>>
>>342708296
That's exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that directly conflicts with getting better. Instead of facing a challenge and saying, oh, I can't do this, what a shame, you need to analyze why you can't do it right now, and what you need to change about your approach to the problem in order to do it.
>>
>>342707558
don't, just enjoy them.
>>
>>342707558
General advice:
There is no proper way to play. There are no unfair weapons, techniques, or characters.
Play efficient. Play smart. Play to your advantage.
Use what is confortable. Learn what works for you, and how it works for the rest of your teammates.
Learn what you are good at, and what you are not good at.
Practice both.
Read the info about the game. What works well, what does not, and why.
>>
>>342708682
>study sponsored by the People's Republic of China
>>
File: ch1.jpg (193 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
ch1.jpg
193 KB, 600x350
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
>>
>>342707558
Embrace your silliness. Your friend love it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.