[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: amalur.jpg (54 KB, 618x348) Image search: [Google]
amalur.jpg
54 KB, 618x348
why didnt anyone play this charming piece of jank
>>
>>342667672
Two factors I think.

>Played too much like an MMO. Had many repetitive and completely uninspired quests and areas. The world map was literally built to say "Hey, each of these segmented pieces will have quests, then you will move on to the next segment".

>Going on from that point, because of that design decision, the game expected you to follow specific areas first then go on to the next in a very unsatisfying manner.

>The time it arrived it was ALREADY slated to become an MMO for a sequel when everyone was getting tired of RPGs becoming MMOs.

That about sums it up for me at least.
>>
>>342668064
I mean three, fuck my typing...
>>
>>342667672
It was a failed MMO that they tried to save some money on by converting to a single player game
>>
>>342668064
the level locking was fucking bullshit
and it is too much like an mmo

playing it was enjoyable tho

i liked the elf slut and the drunk seer
>>
>>342667672
I was surprised by it and enjoyed my first playthrough but it does get boring after awhile. It's basically a single player mmo.
>>
The combat was bad and the shitty port console fov made me want to vomit everywhere and I was too lazy to fix it.
>>
>>342667672
I played it

tried doing a second playthrough then I remembered how much fucking game there is
>>
Nothing about it stood out, it was painfully mediocre and you could easily see it was supposed to be an MMO. Not to mention it was piss easy even on the hardest difficulty.
>>
I tried the demo, couldn't stand the combat or not-WoW aesthetic.
>>
>>342667672
It had a few gems here and there, but not near enough. It was bland piled on top of more bland with a nice heaping helping of bland on the side.

It was the very definition of average.
>>
>>342667672
got tired of everyone telling me I was different
>>
looks like a mix of WoW, Dark Souls, Diablo and Dragon Dogma

I like it. I am surprised it doesn't get too much love from /v/

also, not be able to jump is shit
>>
It sold millions anon, the problem was that it cost so much they would have had to triple sale to just break even
>>
i thought it got canned before release, was that another RPG around the same time?
>>
>>342667672
Not enough r34 of that elf.
>>
My understanding is, it was supposed to be a prequel to an MMORPG that they were making, and that ended up failing for reasons relating to Rhode Island state politics.
>>
>>342669425
The company went under almost immedietly, maybe you're thinking of that
>>
>>342669558
>>342669545

Oh probably, then.
>>
I tried just today
Except it crashes immediately after launch. Right after the ugly ogre launcher box pops up.
Refund time I guess. Tried all the troubleshooting tips on the steam page.
>>
Anytime I see the first game in a proposed series with a subtitle Im cautious.
>>
>>342667672
>why didnt anyone play this charming piece of jank
you must be new here
there were infinite threads when it was new
>>
>>342667672
It was fun and had good waifu making potential, but really and i really hate saying this, it got btfo once skyrim came out
>>
File: Curt.jpg (31 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Curt.jpg
31 KB, 700x394
I wanted this game to succeed for my nigga Curt.
>>
>>342667672
This has got to be the only game where the NPC's are blinder than skyrim.

You can sneak five feet from their face and they dont see shit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.