[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gimmick bosses that should have been handled both differently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 3rdGen-Ceadeus_Render_001.png (1 MB, 1314x1112) Image search: [Google]
3rdGen-Ceadeus_Render_001.png
1 MB, 1314x1112
"Can I just like fight him on a boat or something?"
>>
>>342549641
Then it would just be a reskinned giant Dahren/J'hen.
>>
>>342549641
There's nothing really wrong about having water combat in a game. If you have monsters underwater and you can go in water then you need to be able to have combat underwater. It isn't a gimmick just because you didn't like it. Is underwater combat bad?

Sure, it ain't the best. But its far from unplayable and you do actually fight him using the normal underwater combat mechanics. And please, if you're trying to say he should become more like Jhen Mohran, then fuck off. Now that's a fucking gimmick boss fight.
>>
File: 1404650978751.jpg (109 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1404650978751.jpg
109 KB, 500x482
He's still my favorite monster in terms of design. I wouldn't mind him seeing come back.

Being fought on a boat or something could be cool, provided that he wouldn't just be a Mohran clone.
>>
File: 1463684715943.jpg (30 KB, 888x821) Image search: [Google]
1463684715943.jpg
30 KB, 888x821
>>342549641
>on a boat or something
There's no problem with this boss fight, git gud.
>>
I'll take an entirely underwater Monster Hunter over another one of these dogshit games on a Nintendo handheld
>>
>>342551039
You forgot his bitchin' theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9fuNo-Hwig
>>
>>342551464
they just gotta make water combat less clunky and faster to move.
It was intentional but still
>>
File: bed of chaos.jpg (41 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
bed of chaos.jpg
41 KB, 480x272
>>342549641
posting low hanging fruit because it's not been posted yet and i'm fucking amazed. probably because OP used the subject line and nobody looks at it for some reason
>>
>>342551703
i don't get why no dev takes what is typically a shitty part of any game (underwater level, ice level) and make it super fun and enjoyable and just pour time into that bit, it would make the entire game worth the play, IMO

Imagine loading up monster hunter, getting stick hunting something underwater, and thinking 'fuck yeah i love when i do these'
improves the overall experience
>>
>>342551464
iktf

I didn't even mind underwater combat that much but fuck me playing on a 3DS is the worst.
>>
>>342551945
That may be oversimplifying it. But I will say that it added variety to the formula. The new climbing system adds little to no variety since your still mostly doing land combat anyways.

They should have aimed to improve the underwater combat, not take it out completely. Everyone pretty much told them the easy way to fix it, stop gimping weapons underwater. But also either increasing I-frames underwater since most attacks are slower resulting in hitboxes touching longer or, hell just redoing the controls to work more fluidly would have worked.

They had time. I can't seriously think it took them so long to make jump attacks, and mounts (which is all the extra verticality really added of note) that they couldn't have just fucking tweaked underwater instead of all out removing it.
>>
File: 1465791435401.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1465791435401.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>342551730
WHAT
WAS
FROMSOFT
THINKING
>>
I think water monsters are v cool, but I really dont want to swim like a spastic retard again
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 1920x1080
>Ceadeus
>Bad

Just because you got tired of farming him for your min max starter G rank armor doesn't mean the fight was bad. It's one of the best Elder Dragons fights in the series. The atmosphere of the underwater ruins and the music alone sells the fight ten times over.
>>
>>342551730
That entire zone felt like the boss fight.
Its like, why the fuck are you even here? This is the middle of the earth with dinosaurs and shit, get the fuck out
do you have a lava fetish or something
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.