[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_reddit_9gag_facebook.png (1 MB, 1893x1014) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_reddit_9gag_facebook.png
1 MB, 1893x1014
Okay, so I haven't heard anyone bring this up. Far Harbour essentially confirms that the sole survivor is a synth. If you side with Dima, which I did because he has the same name as me (at least the shortened version), he STRONGLY hints that you are a synth as well. The one compelling piece of evidence that I remember is when he asked you what's the last memory you remember. One way synths find out they're synths is by trying to remember older memories. In F03 the beginning starts at being a baby, with scenes of you growing up. In F04 you start moments before the bombs fall. So the question is, what do you guys think? Is he right? Are there other hints I overlooked?

It was predicted within the hour of the FO4 reveal last E3 that the main character is a synth. I was one of those people, so I'd love to be proven right. Also, could the next 2 DLCs provide even more evidence?
>>
File: 1418351355302.jpg (112 KB, 406x464) Image search: [Google]
1418351355302.jpg
112 KB, 406x464
bamp
>>
nope
>>
File: 1440458297629.png (71 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1440458297629.png
71 KB, 251x251
He doesn't confirm anything. He merely puts the thought of humoring the idea of being a synth onto the consideration of the player character.

Whether you are a synth or not is purely up to you as the player. You decide whether you want your character to be a synth or not through the choice you make in that dialogue segment.

There is no "proof" of anything. The whole conversation was set up to make you think Hhmmm, am I a synth?" or not. You can choose whether you are, aren't, or just brush aside the entire thought altogether.

In all honesty, a story where the protagonist really did end up as a synth in the end, perhaps created by Shaun himself as an attempt at recreating his dead father and implanting his memories into you, would've been a truly excellent twist, as opposed to the utter shitshow story we got instead. It would've given more incentive / made more sense to go against the institute, and made more sense in regards to siding with the Railroad or not.
>>
>>342542178
It's not set in stone. Vanilla FO4 you are right. But Far Harbour makes me question otherwise. Look at that brotherhood DLC for FO3, it essentially extended the main quest. So there is precedence for Bethesda to do something like you just described. I'm not saying it's amazing proof. But dima brings up a really good point, the oldest memory your character remembers is just before going into cryo. That's very telling.
>>
>>342542553

Maybe, but like I said, there's no real "proof", just the thought of considering the idea put upon you by DiMa.

Only other DLC coming for the game is the Vault settlements DLC, and the Nuka World DLC, which is raider based.

I really hope Nuka World allowing you to join raiders extends to more than just Nuka World itself. I'll be fucking pissed if you can only be a raider in NW, but not in the commonwealth.
>>
>>342542767
Correction: Only DLCs coming out this season.
>>
>>342542876

Part of me doubts Bethesda is gonna do more DLC beyond Nuka World.

When they said they didn't expect to release so much DLC, they probably meant the small insignificant settlement DLCs, and figured they'd boost the SP price because of that.

But that's me assuming the worst.
>>
>>342536856

Shilling a poll here, wanting a look at /v/'s opinions on Fallout
>>
>>342543076
Godd Howard said in an interview they're the only DLCs for this season. I believe Nuka World will be that last one for the summer and starting sometime November-January they'll announce a 2nd season pass. One of those DLCs will be the equivalent of Broken Steel in FO3 or Lonely Road in NV. There will be a big reveal that you are in fact synthborn. Just my guess.
>>
>>342543993

I wish they'd just stop with Shatout 4 and move on to TBlunderscrolls 6 so I can finally come to terms that my favorite fantasy rpg franchise is fucking dead and move on with my life.
>>
>>342544205
What if, after several patches and DLCs, they actually make FO4 good?
>>
>>342544471

They're not going to completely reconstruct SPECIAL and reimplement proper stats, perks, and such in a DLC.
>>
>>342544618
True, what I had in mind is redoing all the dialogue options. Including SPECIAL based speech checks and making them all interesting, not just extra caps.

Guess that's too much to ask for as well.
>>
File: 1440128651762.jpg (30 KB, 253x316) Image search: [Google]
1440128651762.jpg
30 KB, 253x316
>>342544872

The effort required in undertaking such a thing would be too much. Bethesda isn't a studio like CDPR or the guys who did Wasteland 2 who would willingly go in and reconstruct things that were flawed to be the way they should have been. They're a AAA studio steered by Zenimax. They do what Zenimax tells them to, and Zenimax isn't going to see much point in going in reverse to fix problems like those when they can just look forward towards the next heap of cash.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.