[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Lost Game.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Lost Game.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Holy shit this game! I held out hope all these years thinking people may be jumping on a bandwagon. Just got it off the humble bundle and jesus fucking christ, did Sega even fucking TRY!?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (100 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
100 KB, 500x715
>>342429534
>did Sega even fucking TRY!?
I heard that most of Lost World's development was done by Sonic Team's so-called "B-team", so that might explain why it seems low-effort.
Assuming that's true, then the 25th anniversary game must be something big if Sonic Team's main team has been working on it since Generations.
>>
>>342429534
It's terrible all around.
>>
>>342430039
That would make sense I suppose. It just feels like nothing in this game works together. They wanted to be Super Sonic Galaxy so fucking bad.

Homing attack requires you to stop and look in a precise direction and even then, sometimes it just say "Fuck it" in the middle of doing it. Levels feel like they just put obstacles down randomly. Sonic has a "Run" button. Not a boost button, fucking Run because this game has almost no momentum whatsoever - you pretty much just go 2 speeds. I've only played 5 levels but, my god, I've seen enough. Gotta love 2-shotting all the bosses though.
>>
>>342429534
Is the $10 humble bundle worth it?
>>
What makes me sad is that I wanted to like this game so much. I actually like the art style quite a bit and the demo I played those years ago when it first came out seemed fun but, this...it's just a big clusterfuck.
>>
I like it, but find some of the things about it to not make any sense. Why does Sonic slow down at random at parts? Why does the homing attack work the way it does? Sonic has had its homing attack perfected for years.

At least the music and cutscenes are gorgeous. I also like the 360 degree level design.
>>
>>342431118
Generations and All Star Transform are not that bad, in my opinion so I'd say it was still worth it.
>>
>>342431251
I'd be okay with the 360 if the levels didn't feel so segmented and also maybe if we could kind of have that dash left/right thing they did in Colors - that would help me tremendously.
>>
>>342431118
For Generations, SASR/T, yes.

SADX is nerfed, get the original PC release that has all the gamegear games

SA2 if you want THE GREAT EMERALDS POWER ALLOWS ME TO FEEL
>>
>>342431118
For Generations and CD alone it is worth it.
>>
If they can't keep the simplest of stuff like 100 rings = 1 live, there's not much hope.
>>
>>342431307
>>342431710
thanks for the shill. I never gotten a humble bundle before, so when I get it will it all be individual keys?
>>
>>342432912
Usually it is. But this time, it looks like they did one key for each tier of games.
>>
>>342430039
>Since Generations
Jesus, 5 years for a Sonic game? This better blow that whole glass house thing way the fuck out.
>>
>>342432912
Sometimes they are individual keys but in this case each tier has all its games bundled together in one key.
>>
Try paying $60 for it at launch on wiiu.
Yeah, not worth it. After games like Colors and Generations you'd think they'd know what they're doing, but no.

I did buy this bundle though, nice to finally play the actual generations. I had only played the 3ds version previously, which was also quite good.
>>
>>342431118
>>342431307
>>342431645
>>342431710
>>342432912
>>342432981
>>342433802

>tfw you own all the Sonic games and their DLCs on Steam except for Lost World

1 key per tier really fucks me here. If they were separate, I could at least give everything but Lost World to my bro and/or sell off whatever he didn't want to keep the cost down.
>>
>>342434209
Lost World isn't as terrible as people make it out to be, but at least you aren't missing out on something amazing.
Although you could still give him the first two tiers keys and your friend would get a bunch of games. He would just miss out on all the $10 tier stuff, which isn't too many games, so its not TOO bad for you if you were going to give them all away anyways.
>>
>>342432112
Also notice that the spin dash and spinning animations are reversed.
>>
Is it really that bad? I had played all of the games up until Adventure 1 and I hated Adventure one and then when Adventure 2 came out I played it at my friends house and I found it boring. I stopped playing them and then I rented generations and liked it for the most part. I found it was a step in the right direction. I always see posts praising sonic Colors and Lost Worlds but i'm skeptical. Would I like them if I liked Generations?
>>
File: wallpaper_099_amy_08_pc.png (563 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_099_amy_08_pc.png
563 KB, 1920x1200
>>342434860
>Would I like them if I liked Generations?
Sonic Colors has boost but it's almost entirely a 2d game.
Sonic Lost World doesn't use the boost formula at all.

They are good games, though.

However, I would recommend Sonic Colors DS, instead.
>>
>>342434860
Lost World and Generations are VERY different games.
I've not played Colors myself, but it seems more in line with what Generations was like. The 2D levels, anyways.
>>
>>342435482
>>342436194
Thanks, friends.
>>
>>342436194
>>342434860
I never much minded boost in colors. The platforming was overall great, classic 2d sonic.
The only sucky part was the occasional "we mario now" platforming level they'd throw in. Its very bizzare, some of the levels are very mario, slow platforming. Which kinda sucks, but they're few and far between.
>>
I just got to silent forest 4...i cant do it m8s. This level is fucking terrible. Im done for now. At least all stars racing is dope af
>>
File: 1351058026645.png (18 KB, 257x149) Image search: [Google]
1351058026645.png
18 KB, 257x149
>>342437123

>boxy cube platforming
>classic 2D Sonic

Restricting Sonic to two planes doesn't automatically make it like the classics. Maybe if you wanted to play Mario. Colors was a bit clunky and not dynamic enough with its level design and physics. the 3D was entirely barebones and mostly just to be there. It did a lot right and tried a few new things that didn't result a crippling design flaw like past 3D Sonic games, so coming out of Unleashed and the storybook titles it was a breath of fresh air and a lively direction to take.

>>342432112

Before they patched it rings were entirely worthless despite having multiple "ring paths" consciously put into the game. You would think this method of gaining lives would be ideal in a game that starts throwing lots of instant death obstacles towards the end.

Lost World hearkens back to the classics in many aesthetic ways but it's more like a coat of paint to cover an alien new formula. Much of its additions make a lot of fucking sense, like the parkour and world interaction that lets you navigate through terrain and objects without getting caught or hung up on something. The implementation in conjunction with the level design and character controls makes very little smart use of this. This is infuriating since the abstract level design gave them the freedom to do anything they wanted.

Lost World sounds like the best Sonic game ever when you put it on paper but the implementation butchered any headway it was going to make with the 3D titles.
>>
>>342438770
Unleashed and black knight were way more fun and adventurous than colors
>>
>>342438924
Unleashed PC release when?
>>
>>342430039
Colors was also by Sonic Teams "B Team"
>>
So, Puyo Puyo is made by the C Team or something?
>>
Why couldn't the Wii U Lost World have had the 3DS's movement mechanics? The 3DS version nailed Sonic's acceleration, turning, and parkour far better. But in exchange it had shittier levels.
>>
>>342429534
I dropped this game halfway through but I may return to it someday.

level designs are a real mess, but there's some stuff I like about it too. Save your money m8
>>
>>342438924
I liked Secret Rings more than Black Knight
>>
File: 1465923540105.png (240 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
1465923540105.png
240 KB, 640x320
>>342429534
Both this and the 3DS version have a enjoyable level 1. goes down hill immideitly after level 1, its fucking awfuk
>>
>>342444171
They at least knew how to make appetizing demos

I actually really liked the 3DS version's special stages. Send help
>>
>>342439741
Announcement tomorrow as a buffer until the main game comes out
>>
>>342430039

Does Sonic Team even have an "A-team"?
>>
>>342444171
Not true. The game is pretty solid at least up to tropical coast. After that, its more mixed. Some good, some bad, a lot of frustration because of how narrow some platforms are with the controls fighting you. Same problem I have with DK games.

Nowhere near as bad as everyone says but its nowhere near perfect either

>>342447124
>LE SONIC TEAM IS LE BAD XDDD
>>
>>342429534
I just played the game for the first time today after reminiscing how much I like Sonic as a whole.

I hate it more than Sonic 4. The physics are the shittiest ever and the homing attack is the least consistent it's ever been. I said it in another thread but there's fucking two duck buttons and two jump buttons, WHY CAN'T WE GIVE THE HOMING ATTACK ITS OWN BUTTON!? Story and dialogue is fucking garbage but I wasn't expecting anything from it at least.

And it makes me sad too because it feels like they actually tried to make something good, but my overall impression is just "why'd you guys try to copy SMG?"
>>
>>342447196

I mean, I guess a large amount of people agreeing that a once great developer doesn't make good games anymore is a meme.

So you're not wrong

But that's still not an argument. :^)
>>
Meh, I thought it was alright. My only issue with the game was that it felt too slow. Should have been as fast as Colors.
>>
>>342429534
>I held out hope all these years thinking people may be jumping on a bandwagon
With modern gaming, bandwagon is pretty much always justififed.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.