[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roguelands - Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Roguelands.png (987 KB, 1204x657) Image search: [Google]
Roguelands.png
987 KB, 1204x657
So guys, for those who have this game, is it good?

I played Magicite and enjoyed it quite a bit, will I enjoy it?

Trailer with player footage (beware headphone users): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSyBlKPM8E4
>>
>>342147241
just looks like a futuristic setting version of magicite.
>>
>>342147241
Do this guy decided to drop magicite to make some more kickstarter bucks?
>>
>>342147241
I really liked Magicite, or rather I really liked how it played.
In the end Magicite feels horribly incomplete. That "1.0" number is almost an utter joke. I waited until the game was out of early access thinking I would get a proper game, but I have never really bought a "complete" game that felt this incomplete before.

Sure the very bare minimum may have been in the game. Like crafting. But outside of the early game tools there is like only one combination for each given material. No choice in what to craft with what. Either you pick up the resource because you want to craft the one thing that particular resource crafts, or you ignore it.
And then you have the higher tiered gems, that are flat out admittedly just not completed yet still in the game.

For technically having the bare minimum it really feels feature incomplete.
And what did he stop the Magicite development for? Roguelands. Exactly. But if he could suddenly abandon Magicite just like that for Roguelands, what is to say he can't or won't also abandon Roguelands in an early state for some other project?

I've completely lost faith in this guy and I have no doubts Roguelands will end up incomplete just like Magicite. He just runs these things as they build up interest from their potential, and then when he has gotten his profit he just drops it to move on. There is no reason to hold out any hope for his stuff.
>>
>>342147843
>>342148223

He finished Roguelands this week and said that he is probably going to update Magicite again now.
>>
>>342148223
Roguelands is already finished and people say it has a looot more content than Magicite.
>>
>>342148303
>>342148579
I'd rather he have expanded magicite rather than drop it for a clone cash grab. Not buying anything from him
>>
>>342148303
I'll believe it when I see it. But I'll probably not even check out Roguelands until Magicite actually feels complete.

That said. Sci-fi Magicite with space travel and shit does sound cool. But I won't jump into it before he has already proven himself. I won't let myself be fooled twice.

The games are pretty cheap though, I'll admit. But it's also highly unsatisfying to invest time into actually playing something that is almost great but still never really had it because it wasn't finished.
At that point you're basically just wasting your time with a sub par product on the premise that it could have been better but ultimately isn't.
>>
Does roguelands have the annoying
>GO FAST OR DEADLY WALL OF DEATH APPEARS AND PUSHES YOU TO THE EXIT
>>
>>342147241
combat doesnt feel nice nor satisfying
>>
>>342149128
Don't think so, but it has a lot of bosses that spawn from doing or killing things.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.