[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we talk about franchises we'd genuinely like to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: PlatinumGames.jpg (10 KB, 586x270) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumGames.jpg
10 KB, 586x270
ITT we talk about franchises we'd genuinely like to see Platinum make a game out of, and briefly describe how it'd play
>>
>>342100159
>berzerk
>hack and slash gameplay like MGR

literally perfect
>>
File: 306240.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
306240.jpg
268 KB, 1920x1200
Megas XLR

>Episodic 'monster of the week' structure, each stage being like a self-contained episode from the show
>Would take a bit of a departure from Platinum's usual mechanics, implementing a lot of wrestling styled moves and abilities. A lot of grappling, grabs and throws, tackling and such. Peppered with standard mech abilities
>Boss fights would include a number of Asura styled QTE moments, contextualized to each fight individually. This is to mimic Coop's ever-changing dashboard with various buttons and non-traditional control schemes.Things like flipping open switches and mashing buttons for endless missles, or a DDR styled minigame for a 'manual mode' attack, etc. Different gag for every boss
>Inbetween stages you could upgrade Mega's in Coop's garage or at the junkyard
>Uses the show's soundtrack

Numerous boss themes like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY8MEesdADE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYHgH68Trz0

And this could play while chilling at Coop's crib/upgrading Megas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSM1q5mNkY

I've thought about this a lot
>>
Nier.
>>
>>342101878
This.
>>
Star Wars
Really all it would need to be is MGR with lightsabers
>>
>>342100159
It plays like shit since they haven't made a good game in half a decade.
>>
>>342100159
Kill la Kill
>>
File: 1444047931356.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444047931356.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>342102013
>>
Easy choice really
>>
>>342101842
FUCKING THIIIIIIIIS

>Final boss against Gorrath
>This begins to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-kYiDbG39s
>>
>>342102095
I'm serious, since 101 and revengeance it's been nothing but diarreah in vomit

Unless you liked tmnt and korra who mega faggot
>>
File: my love for you is like a truck.jpg (124 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
my love for you is like a truck.jpg
124 KB, 780x1200
Battle Angel Alita. More than anything.
>Fighting giant cybernetic monstrosities
>Having duels with manly cyborg badasses
All they'd have to do is mod Revengeance, really.

Also PreCure.
>>
>>342101121
>floaty shit

fuck off
>>
>>342100159
Star Wars
Kill la Kill
Madoka
>>
X-Men whatever.
Diferent X-Men get completely different styles. Wolverine can just be Wolverine from his other game, Nightcrawler is trickster Dante with more emphasis on teleporting, Gambit is melee/range hybrid playing a lot like Raiden with his staff and Korra's waterbending with his cards etc.
I expected that one X-Men choose your own path kinda game to be like this, but it's just shit.
>>
File: sssuuubbbwaaaay.png (6 KB, 339x100) Image search: [Google]
sssuuubbbwaaaay.png
6 KB, 339x100
Running around as a Subway manager fighting against a horde of criminals under the flag of disgraced Jared Fogle.
Whacking people with footlongs, the toppings going flying. The way you build the sandwich changes the stats and effects.
Throwing cookies like ninja stars .
Gotta defend the children you know
>>
File: armor hunter mellowlink.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
armor hunter mellowlink.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>342100159

>Armor Hunter Mellowlink
>equipped only with an Anti-Tank rifle and mines
>Run around in arenas and lay traps for your enemies and then utilize the environment and your anti-tank rifle to take out targets much larger than yourself.
>>
File: Osomatsu-san-21-22.jpg (217 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Osomatsu-san-21-22.jpg
217 KB, 1280x720
This of course
>>
>>342100159
>power puffgirls
>a sonic like game

>instead of flying you skate around on their stumps. Yu fight like Mojojojo and proffessor utonium to save townsville.
>>
>>342102692
Is this anime good?
>>
Black Dynamite
>>
>>342100159
Deadpool (hey, Activision has the license, it could happen)

Game is a mix of brawler and TPS like Transformers and NierA, Deadpool himself is aware enough that he's in a game by Platinum to quote W101, do Bayo poses, and try to cut through walls and get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Basically the High Moon game but with good combat. DP is close enough to Dante personality-wise for Plat's team to write him and have the one-liners, wisecracks and 4th wall breaks (which TW101 had in spades) to be endearing rather than obnoxious.
>>
>>342100159
Action-rhythm Symphogear game.
>>
>>342103147
Man, Symphogear was so disappointing, but it really did make me want Action-Rhythm vidya to be a thing.
I'll draft a design doc for one myself if no one makes one soon.
>>
>Symphogear

>Basicly like Metal Gear Rising but with rhythm mechanics tied to the battle system, and having an actual reason to have songs be dynamic instead of just because it sounds cool.
>Can play as any of the geahs, each with their own unique fighting style and mechanics.
>>
>>342100159
harvey beaks
>>
>>342101842
This, and only THIS!
>>
>>342100159

I'm tired of this Platinum can do no wrong meme. Hideki Kamiya is a fucking hack. Why does /v/ like this fucking company so much?
>>
>>342102095

Faggot Shitnum fanboy detected.
>>
>>342102786

Ichimatsu is best Matsu.
>>
>>342101842
>A boss battle against R.E.G.I.S mkV
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8QoBidPWE starts playing
>>
Kill la Kill except it will have Dark Souls combat.
>>
>>342105528
oh boy you sure showed him :^)
>>
Tmnt made by anyone but the shitty Korra and mad world Devs

It would play like mgrr and transformers with turtle switching a good ui and items not taking priority over switching turtles no cool down ninjutsu and instead a combo trigger that has 4 levels Level 1 means a super attack with just the turtle your playing as level 2 means 2 turtles etc
>>
>>342105869

Fuck off.
>>
>>342100159
Star Fox
Utter shit

Oh wait
>>
Zone Of The Enders.
I mean it'll never happen, but fuck man.

Or Patlabor.
>>
>>342106519
Platinum isn't why Star Fox Zero ended up shit. They where forced by Nintendo to make it so the gamepad was integral to the gameplay due to Nintendo struggling to find any real useful way to use the gamepad in gameplay.
>>
That new Voltron show
>>
>>342106680
Who do we blame for ninja turtles and legend of korra.

Surely the great Platinum wasn't responsible.
>>
>>342106519
They did graphics, nothing else.
>>
>>342106869
Activision
>low budget
>strict deadlines

And hey, Korra was decent, Transformers was great and only Ninja Turtles was shit out of those three.
>>
>>342100159
Goat Simulator

just fuck it, they'll make anything if you pay them to and at least they have an excuse if it ends up shitty like the turtles game.
>>
>>342106594
Patlabor would not be up to Platinum's alley, if anything that Valkyria Chronicles clone mecha game Dual Gears would be more like how a Patlabor game should be

This entire conversation is moot though because Patlabor is fucking dead
>>
>>342100159
Evil Dead with chainsaw and shotgun combat like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. Been wanting this for years
>>
>>342107702
Don't do it, man. Evil Dead games are cursed to be awful, there's no helping it.
>>
>>342107702
You mean like Madworld
>>
>>342108013
Never played it, but yes if it is like what I want
>>
Kill la kill character action game with crazy combat
Starwars with crazy character action combat
Anarchy reigns sequel with even more crazy combat and deeper
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.