[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attourney Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 2900344_orig[1].jpg (152 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
2900344_orig[1].jpg
152 KB, 1100x618
What does /v/ think of the anime adaptation?
I think it meh, it could have been so much better.
I understand that for the sake of the episodic format some stuff has to be shortened or altered but I'm not very satisfied with the choice of scenes they decided to modify.
>Redd White does not punch Wright in his office.
>Karma's stun gun attack is completely cut form the DL6 case.
>Characters like Gumshoe barely get screentime

Also what triggers me the most is the choice of music.
The adaptation uses only a fraction of the actual Soundtrack (Objection,Testimoney Allegro, Cornered(tho very rarely) Steel Samurai theme and DL6 theme)
They don't use any beyond.
In fact they seem to use the Samurai Ballad for every event where a Reminiscence theme would be in place (The Samurai Ballad plays at Mia's death instead of Heartbroken Maya). The rest is new composed generic music.

This wouldn't trigger me as much if it wasn't for the fact that the AA games didn't have much going for them in terms if visuals(Backgrounds were static, characters had at most 5 frames of animation sans lip movement,etc.) So everything and every event had to be accompanied by distinct musical themes. And it's disappointing to not hear these specific themes in the adaption or a theme in a scene where it doesn't belong.
>>
Is SoJ any good?
>>
I really enjoy the anime adaptation so far.

>Redd White does not punch Wright in his office.
>Karma's stun gun attack is completely cut form the DL6 case.
>Characters like Gumshoe barely get screentime

I honestly don't mind these changes.

>In fact they seem to use the Samurai Ballad for every event where a Reminiscence theme would be in place

This fucking triggers me. The music in general could use work. They have an entire soundtrack to use and they have to use all this generic garbage. Then when they finally use the original music it's used in the wrong place.
>>
>>342055895
I think they do the original content better than the adapted content. I kind of wish they'd taken the manga route and done all original cases instead of abridged versions of the games.
>>
My only complaint is the lack of game music.
They had to change some scenes so that it wouldn't be exactly the same as the games, which is understandable.
But the fact that they only rarely use the actual music is pretty disappointing to me. The music in the games made some really tense and memorable scenes.
I liked it overall, though.
and you probably should have posted this on /a/
>>
>>342055895
The stun gun does happen in this episode, the biggest crime is the lack of the headbang from von karma
>>
How many episodes are they doing? I thought they were cutting things for time reasons, but then there was another preview at the end of the last episode and I'm confused all of a sudden.
>>
File: serial_box.png (61 KB, 252x170) Image search: [Google]
serial_box.png
61 KB, 252x170
Ace Attorney Multiplayer anyone? Sometimes I'm feel like the only person that plays it in those threads
>>
File: When something smells.jpg (302 KB, 1294x430) Image search: [Google]
When something smells.jpg
302 KB, 1294x430
>>342056516
>Larry Butz will never recommend you a video that summons a spooky ghost loli to get fucked by you.
>>
>>342056663
Woops didn't mean to reply there.
>>
>>342056583
You fukkin wot m8? Where do I grab this?
>>
>>342056127
Sounds like it. Ending has pissed quite a few people off, but that's hardly surprising.

I'm a bit disappointed that Maya apparently doesn't have a very big role outside of case 3, but that happened in the older games too
>>
>>342056927
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Check "Downloads" for download and "Getting Started" for guide, also see the FAQ

We have a general at /vg/ (/aog/) but it's cancer, I don't recommend going to the threads, people only go there to saltpost
>>
>>342056927
Check /vg/, but you'd best wait for a /v/eekned thread so you can be retarded with others. Played it like 2 months ago and it was shit since the "regulars" are pretty tightly knit together.

It was okay the first couple of weeks then things got worse after the move to /vg/
>>
>>342056205
>>342056343
To me those scenes matter, because the games heavily rely on characters.
Like Redd White punching Wright is a must for me, because it shows that he is in control, that he does as he pleases and is untouchable to the point where he can swing some knuckles and mock people about pressing charges for physical assault
Or Karma's assault showing how ruthless and how far he'd go for a guilty verdict.

>>342056489
Sorry haven't seen the recent episode, but if the stun gun is there I'm relieved
>>
So is the anime going to continue or something?
>>
>Attourney

>>342057658
one more ep to finish this cour, then 12 more who knows when to do the 2nd game
>>
>>342057504
>Sorry haven't seen the recent episode, but if the stun gun is there I'm relieved

it's there

but von karma doesn't wield it
>>
>>342055895

I never bothered to watch after seeing how awful intro and how awful the animations were.

Someone liked a video of the animation from the Pachinko game's animation and it was lightyears superior.
>>
File: pink princess ending anime.webm (2 MB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
pink princess ending anime.webm
2 MB, 780x438
>>342058926
the animation got better after the first few episodes

it's still not great, but it's not as QUALITY as it was

plus, cute character scenes
>>
Can I play the DS games on a 3DS?
>>
>>342059220
Yes.
Can you run them off an SD card?
No.
>>
>>342059264
Ah, I see.
Maybe I should emulate them instead.
>>
>>342057504
I guess I can understand that.
Although, they did show that White called the police and had the ability to get make Wright the prime suspect just because he says so, which was a good way of showing his untouchability to me.
>>
I actually like the original music tracks
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.