[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get gud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
How do i get gud?
>>
l2mainbus
also keep starting over as you learn better ways to do things
>>
>>342055508
Dont be afraid to destroy something you made to start again and make it more efficient
>>
>>342055508
I just finished launching a rocket for the first time yesterday, notice many mistakes as I progressed on the game, you will notice too.

Automate everything, don't build things cramped up so you can have more space to improvise.

Build an automated production of pipes, underground pipes and belts, you will use stuff like this the whole game.

On a building line, always calculate how many products the next assembling machine will consume, like, don't put one copper wire a.m. for each three chip machine, calculate how many you need.

Read the status of buildings, like crafting speed and power consumption.

You can click on poles for a widow with the status of your electrical network.

Read the tips screen when you load a game.

You can use the two sides of a belt for different products, its useful as shit.

>>342056301
its faster to just rebuild and relocate everything with your resources than starting from scratch again.
>>
>>342055508
There's a way to be bad at this? The only "difficulty" is trying to use as little space as possible. Other than that the game is pretty much a walk in the park and has very little replayability at the moment.
>>
>>342056869
>its faster to just rebuild and relocate everything with your resources than starting from scratch again.
That depends how far in you are.
>>
File: ntubes.jpg (563 KB, 1494x999) Image search: [Google]
ntubes.jpg
563 KB, 1494x999
Play once, then look at what you fucked up. Try again with better planning.

Check out a few designs for set processes like circuit production.

Once you think you can get that all squared away, then go get Furry's mod and lose your shit.
>>
File: factorio_defenses.png (2 MB, 1543x828) Image search: [Google]
factorio_defenses.png
2 MB, 1543x828
>>342056986
You can get rekt by the ayy lmaos in the beginning of you don't prioritize defenses.

Once I had pic related, though, I didn't have to deal with them.
>>
>>342058220
I'm playing the campaign, should i just start a game?
>>
>>342059047
I wouldn't play the campaign. I'd assume they have a single optimal way to win.

To get better play the normal game to completion.
>>
I'd suggest watching a speedrun just for some neat tricks and to get the mindset down. Sure you don't want to replicate everything the guy does cause it's optimized for speed but it does follow good principles in general.
>>
>>342059047
do the first 2 missions and then go to freeplay with a wiki on the side
>>
>>342059047
Campaign is essentially a tutorial. You can stop after the one that has you automate science packs, and you don't even really have to do that one.
>>
>>342055508
you need autism to play this

if you are not autistic, don't even start with it
>>
>>342059873
>ERRYTHING AUTISTIC
Please stop, you look autistic.
>>
>>342060017
but i am and i love this game

cuck
>>
>>342060152
Yeah no, you're not and you dont know what autistic means.

>inb4 you rush off to wikipedia to copy paste some bullshit to try and prove you are autistic
>>
>>342060260
You sound autistic.
>>
>>342060260
stay mad cuck
>>
>>342060152
I guess by that logic all games are autistic because at one point or another someone autistic has played them

Also, autism has no relation to this game, you are thinking of other mental issues.
>>
I only find the combat in this game to be boring as fuck, more a nuisance than fun.
>>
the most fun i had when i build a big rail system and went fast with the train
>>
>>342060368

>I guess by that logic all games are autistic because at one point or another someone autistic has played them

You sound autistic.
>>
acquire autism
apply autism

I never tried to play soundtrack though
>>
Give me some tips for a begginer please.
>>
>>342062545
everything you do will pollute the environment, burning coal, pumping oil, running assemblers, running steam machines
the stronger the pollutions the stronger will be the alien bugs
stay away from the alien bugs
the more alien bugs you kill the stronger will they become
you will learn from your mistakes
always have enough electricty to run your factory
dont forget to build sentry guns
>>
File: 1465857182283.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465857182283.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
did they add any new stuff? i haven't played in a year
>>
>>342062545
Belts filling up is a good thing, it means your supply is exceeding your demand and you've got a nice visible backbuffer to see when that changes and you need to increase production. Don't use loops, just let single linear belts fill up.
Use a main bus, but don't put everything on it. Just the primary components that you'll need shipped around to nearly every part of your factory.
Lay your component production out with space for expansion when you need more. I like to lay things out in such a way that I can expand them out in a straight line in only one direction and I just leave a big bar of space there. Green circuits are the biggest one, you need so many god damn green circuits by end game.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.