[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishonored 2 - ANSWERS from Dev Edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: DISHONORED @.jpg (72 KB, 730x422) Image search: [Google]
DISHONORED @.jpg
72 KB, 730x422
>QUESTION
Answer.
>How long is the Dishonored 2 campaign going to last approximately?
If Dis1 was 8-12 hours for most people, Dis2 is probably 12-20.
>can you please tell, what is an Antique Serkonan Guitar in dlc pack?
a musical instrument. it's a decorative item with a history, and you can pluck it to make a note...it's a simple thing (though the backstory is cool)
>was the sokolov driving the boat?
yep
>In @dishonored 2, will we see the ability to use powers in one hand and items like the heart in other?
same breakdown as before
>I think you've answered this question before, but will there be loading screens between sections of the levels in #Dishonored2?
between missions, yes
>saw someone asking about Callista, but I'd love to hear if Cecelia is alright! Alive? Getting her vitamins? Somewhat happy?
i hope she's happy
>Hi Harvey, I loved Dishonored, but curious if D2 continues the 'bleak ending if you kill people' thing. Wasn't a fan of that. :/
to be fair, it was 'grimmer if you kill a lot' - but we have an improved version of that
>Hey Harveyi have a quick question, why does corvo's mask look slightly different also why is his hand wrapped,Thanks
hand wrapped to hide the Outsider's Mark
>Did Delilah meet her demise back in the Void where Daud fought her? Seems like she somehow managed to find the way to come back.
daud did not fail
.cont...
>>
>>341905974
CONT...
>While I was watching the gameplay, which was awesome btw, I noticed that Emily's Mesmerize and the Timepiece are a little Overpowered. What can Guards and other enemies do to defend against that?

the powers cost Runes to buy and Spiritual Elixir to use, and they only affect 2 people (until upgraded) can be upgraded to 3 then 4

plus there are short delays built into useage, and range/duration limits

feels balanced to us, in playtest; but you can also play No Powers mode

>what happened to the [clockwork soldiers] from last years trailer?

it was an earlier model

>we all know Jessamine and Corvo were in love, but would Dunwall's law allowed her to marry him if she wanted?

i think so - against the judgement of the aristocracy

>will there be an option to toggle the outline around the objects of interest on/off?

yeah we went nuts on Options menu choices this time

>will Karnaca have a day/night cycle?

no, baked into missions

>how long have bloodflies been in serkonos - would corvo have early memories of them?

yes...usually not as thick

in times of war, disease or corruption, there are more bodies = greater infestation

>how does corvo feel about the outsider? did he miss him after dh1 or glad to be rid of him?

daud hated the Outsider; Corvo is more mixed...like, "this gives me an edge"

>sokolov looks like a much more pleasant person in dh2 than the first game. What happened to his angry face and dem eyebrows

matured
>>
Could the city get any worse?
>>
>>341906179
CONT...

>So does the Outsider have to do human things like eat or drink?

nope

>hey Harvey, do you know if the levels in Dishonored 2 are split up distinctly by loading screens like in D1?

they're large, and we try to avoid loads, but yes they are - we are not open world

we prefer it for this game to open world; but we like it better with fewer loads

>Noticed a lot of places in the demo where you could see your body/legs but is this an all the time thing like Crysis/Battlefield

no, we have partial body awareness

>I guess that it's the beginning of photography in Dishonored2 & although Sokolov's portraits are famous photo is more modern

YEP

>lore-wise is silvergraph essentially wet-plate photography? (using whale gelatin? cousin celia's dry silver mines? lol) so cool

you probably know more about it than we do, but I would assume something Jindosh developed akin to daguerreotype

we are sort of set in 1852 this time

a thing I love: the way early photographers all had their own techniques, producing different results http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/frph/hd_frph.htm

>Hi Harvey, can I ask you why you guys decided to keep the sword in the right hand? For non-lethal playthroughs it felt like an ever-present, almost useless tool. Was it to show on screen when you're in stealth mode, or for defense, etc?

for most players, it's nice to have an *instantly* available tool to block or attack; always there, instant response

>Alright, sounds reasonable! Can't expect the game to be made exactly to fit my playstyle, haha. Thank you!

this time you can also use one of the Enhancements defensively, upgrading so you can block incoming projectiles

>why are you change model of mech guards from 1st trailer?It's like: wood is better for dust climate,or there were other reasons?

there's a bit of fiction in the game about the change Jindosh made from the earlier version
>>
>>341906395
CONT...

>what happened to Samuel the boatman? He was one of my favorite characters. Is he in D2?

the grave

>There was a guard leaning on the balcony Emily finished him by doing a special animation. Object interaction killing is new?

we trigger different animations based on enemy positioning, yes

you might be talking about the "ledge" case; one of the new states for assassination or nonlethal subdual

>About the "No Powers" mode:

No Powers makes the game harder but is unrelated to anything else

>does this mean you get around every level without blink?

YES

>what about corvo though? can the outsider take his powers back?

same option exists for Corgi Attano

>Is this mode meant to still support both killy&stealth play styles?

totally - nonlethal nonviolent ghostly never detected no powers is really a thing

>is flesh+steel in dh2 still an achievement or just a game mode? if u deny the powers can u get them later if u change ur mind?

hard to remember the details of the script for the Tepphy/Achievement here in LA, but...there still is one; taking the powers invalidates it; you cannot change your mind

> is you say no to his powers, can you still have chats with him at shrines? those were some of my favourite little moments

yes

>you mentioned a game mode with no powers, is it only an option in Settings or is it a choice in the story to deny the powers ?

choice in the story

END FOR NOW.
>>
>>341906334
Yes, I believe so.
>>
File: 1465507942485.gif (432 KB, 348x512) Image search: [Google]
1465507942485.gif
432 KB, 348x512
>>341906606
>Didn't even ask if Daud was in the game
>>
>>341906606
>the grave

Damn.
>>
>>341906606
>what happened to Samuel?
>The grave

Brutal. R.I.P boatbro
>>
Source: My ass
>>
>>341909690
First they kill off Malik in Deus Ex, now Samuel. Why do the transportation jockeys get the shit end of the stick?
>>
wheres the sauce ?
>>
>>341906334
Never doubt it
>>
>>341905974

>If Dis1 was 8-12 hours for most people

For most people it was like 1-2 hours.
>>
>>341911013
Bullshit, the opening dungeon alone is like 20-30 minutes if you don't know what's going on and aren't sperging your way through
>>
>>341911251

It's been a while since I played it... But you mean the fucking sewer level where all you do is walk in a relatively straight line for a few minutes?

Dishonored was tiny and one of the most forgettable games of the year.
>>
>>341911013

Oh stop that.
>>
>>341909068

just wait to the DLC

>>341905974

>Did Delilah meet her demise back in the Void where Daud fought her? Seems like she somehow managed to find the way to come back.

fuck her
>>
>>341906606
>Corgi Attano
>>
>>341911509
Here, I will give you a (you), now go bait somewhere else
>>341906606
>the grave
STONE
COLD

I just want to know what happened to Daud. But if they did not answer he might appear again.
>>
File: Outsider in the fridge.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Outsider in the fridge.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
>>341906395
>So does the Outsider have to do human things like eat or drink?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.