[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 543987654213.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
543987654213.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
which should I play first? shadow of chernobyl? or Clear Sky
>>
Neither play a real game faggot
>>
>>341863989

Always release order.

SoC, CS then CoP.

The small mechanics advancements that each game brings means going back will be harder.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>341863989
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>341863989

Story order with complete mod

:^)
>>
Are people still mad about Complete? Holy shit
>>
>>341864236
>The small mechanics advancements that each game brings means going back will be harder.
I still prefer SoC over the others after all these years. It feels the most balanced, and has the best atmosphere + main missions.
>>
File: why Complete sucks ass.jpg (153 KB, 1645x383) Image search: [Google]
why Complete sucks ass.jpg
153 KB, 1645x383
>>341864360
>>341864335
Complete is obsolete shit from yesteryears, that only turn the game casual-tier easy and add tons of "for teh lulz" shit that don't fit the game.
>>
>>341864360
Look I get you played Complete and want to pretend it doesn't suck. I understand. But Complete sucks
>>
>>341864378

I actually agree with you and I question my choice of words. I guess a better thing to say would be, you will appreciate the mechanical tweaks and advancements better with each game, but SoC is still best game overall for the missions.

I just know going back to SoC immediately after finishing CoP it felt clunky/unpolished and barebones for the first few minutes until I got used to it agian.
>>
>>341864593
I've played every goddamn mod there is, including some that barely anyone from /vg/ played, Complete is far from garbage. Kinda casual, sure, but it won't make you rage as vanilla can do sometimes. And don't fucking tell me that bandit headshoting you with makarov all across the map during night is fair and intended experience.
>>
>>341864479

>Lets make a mod to remove all the fun and uniqueness out of the game

Why would anyone spend time making a mod like that for Stalker, fucks sake it sounds horrible.
>>
>>341864829

>bandit headshot meme and shit

Better than the AI ignoring you 24/7 unless you stick a knife in their backs
>>
>>341864931
>Why would anyone spend time making a mod like that for Stalker, fucks sake it sounds horrible.
Because the Cowadooteh generation was already present back in 08, and those people have the attention and patience-level of a caffeine intoxicated squirrels, and no understanding of the oldschool, slightly RPG-ish progression system of the STALKER games.

COMPLETE mods are literally like those cheap Hollywood remakes of some foreign cult hit films: totally missing the point, and only utilizing the surface-level features.

>>341864829
You seriously suck ass if vanilla makes you rage.
For fucks sake, even my wife beat SoC all-vanilla (1.0005) without any issues. Totally rocked the car park in Cordon with mere Mak + Sawnoff, acting like some expert sniper and popping cheekibreeki heads from safe locations.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.