[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just played around four hours of this game, just finished the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 151002-Yakuza_(USA)-1.jpg (228 KB, 640x903) Image search: [Google]
151002-Yakuza_(USA)-1.jpg
228 KB, 640x903
I just played around four hours of this game, just finished the Colosseum fights

I'm liking a lot of stuff about it so far
>Kazuma is cool
>the story is engaging so far
>the soundtrack is amazing
>the world seems very alive

There's only one problem: the combat. Holy shit. It's pretty bad. I'm not sure if holding R1 was supposed to lock onto people or something but it barely works. The game also buffers all your inputs so if you accidentally mash, Kazuma will start punching the air like crazy. This is specially bad if you are fighting anyone with weapons (the shotgun dude in the strip club was a bastard)

I'm probably still going to play more but I hope it doesn't screw up the rest of the game for me

Anyway, Yakuza thread?
>>
Yeah the combat is not very refined, but trust me it improves exponentially each game, its worth it to get throught it
>>
>>341840241
Yeah combat was awful and I barely made it through. There's also hours of cutscenes and after that a random boss fight or something, meaning you can go into it without health items with low health or unprepared.

So if you don't want that, you gotta walk through the open world map back and forth million of times where you get randomly assaulted by people (sometimes you can escape, most of the times not).

So it's pretty tedious to play at times. I am playing Yakuza 2 now and it's already much smoother. Looking forward to the PS3 ones with multiple characters, hopefully I can finish them until Yakuza 0 comes out.
>>
>>341840241
>There's only one problem: the combat.
Git gud.
Also save often and stop after yakuza 2.
>>
>>341842884
>Also save often and stop after yakuza 2.
Isn't after Yakuza 2 when the gameplay gets good?
>>
>>341842960
With Yakuza 2 it gets good, then it gets more refined yes. Don't listen to this faggot.
>>
File: yakuzadoor.gif (640 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
yakuzadoor.gif
640 KB, 209x215
The gameplay gets a whole lot better with each release, more or less. 2, 5, or Zero are probably the best ones overall, with 1 or 3 being the worst.

Really great series though.
>>
>>341842523
>>341842698
I guess I'll keep on trucking, then

I was tempted to wait for Sega to localize Kiwami but I don't think that's happening too soon, with 0 only coming next year
>>
I liked Date's dub
>>
>see Yakuza Zero trailer
>bunch of dislikes
>comments like "looks like a PS3 game" "looks boring"
>>
You know, I think I've never beaten the old guy in the colosseum, the one that teaches you the moves.

Great game tho, I had a blast, although with all the loading screens travelling through the city was a chore.
>>
>>341842960

I am huge fan and consider it to be the one of the greatest series. So :

gameplay gets good but story is getting worse with each installment and then it goes full retard in 5.

3 was decent
4 you have to suspend you mind a lot but it works barely
5 is worst in a series.
zero is a masterpiece.
kenzan is masterpiece
ishin is great.

after 1 and 2 they were going with quantity instead of quality. 130 sub story's where over 110 ends with you beating someone? Good luck caring enough.

Also biggest tip ever
>r1+x speeds up dialog texts.
>>
>>341844027
OP here

Where do I get more moves?
>>
File: Yakuza 0.webm (3 MB, 676x380) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza 0.webm
3 MB, 676x380
>>341843084
>0
Fuck yes
>>
>>341844230
Kenzan and Ishin are the spin offs that weren't localized, right?
>>
File: 1449996128195.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449996128195.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>341843751
>mfw I saw all the dislikes and stupid comments
This is why Sega doesn't like releasing Yakuza in the west.
>>
>>341844523
Kenzan is easy to follow. You have subtitled cutscenes on youtube and everything translated in THe Patrick walk trough on gamefaqs.
>>
>>341844426
I don't remember, it's been ages. But I think there's some old guy who teaches you some moves, maybe where the bums live. And if you get far enough with the colosseum/story you eventually fight him, and he's though as nails.
>>
>>341843751
Why god?
>>
File: 854.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
854.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>341843751
>PS3 game
Looks better than most PS3 games I've played
>>
>>341843751
which trailer? and ps2 remaster to ps4 when for 1 and 2?
>>
>>341845282
never
>>
>>341844747
Have Ishin and Kiwami gotten the same treatment? After Zero bombs in the west I want to import those two and play them
>>
>>341840241
I got up to the funeral or whatever where someone dies soon after he gets out of prison but I got bored and stopped playing.

That was like 8 years ago, should I try it again?
>>
I've been wanting to get into this series but dunno where to start. I'm not sure if I could emulate the games that well, and the earlier games are expensive online. What should I do?
>>
>>341844492
why is there money flying out of him
>>
>>341846346
If only they were conveniently numbered
>>
File: yakuza settings.png (104 KB, 1006x611) Image search: [Google]
yakuza settings.png
104 KB, 1006x611
>>341846346
either wait another year or two for the remake of yakuza 1 to get released english or just emulate 1 and 2 and then move onto the rest of the series

be warned though the combat controls in the original version of 1 fucking suck
>>
>>341846493
Japan's economy was really successful in the 80s so during that period people lived decadently and presumably carried a healthy amount of cash on themselves that is easily shaken loose.
>>
>>341846525
No, not as in story wise, just how to start playing the series. As I said, I can't emulate the earlier ones well and it's expensive to purchase them, yet I don't want to just watch it on Youtube.
>>
>>341846964
Just softmod your PS2 or wait for the remake to get localized.
>>
>wait for the remake to be localized
>0 took two years
>kiwami would be released in 2018
>>
Why does anyone think its a guarantee any more are getting localized? this is all completely dependent on how well 0 does. I dont know what their measure of success is but i would guess at least 100k or so, digital and physical.
>>
>>341847230
He's gone this long without playing them, what's another five years.
>>
>>341846493
During the 80s Japan's economy was doing good so they decided that one of the themes of the game would be excess. So every time Kiryu or Majima knock people around lots of money flies around and they use it to level up and buy shit
>>
>>341847357
>niche game
>2 years late
>no marketing at all (the only time I saw it in the West was during 3 seconds at the end of Sony's E3 presentation in the final clip)

And they wonder why it doesn't sell
>>
>>341847514
You think millions of dollars of advertising would make this blow up? It was never meant to rival gta or anything like that since normalfags are grossed out by it having no dub and being way to japanese. Its a niche series and wasting millions marketing it would do no one good besides guarantee no more are coming over
>>
>>341847668
I don't think they should have Skyrim's budget but damn, I like the series and I wasn't aware 0 was coming over, I only discovered that because at the end of Sony's conference they showed that compilation of exclusives and 0 showed up, I was like "wait was that Yakuza 0? Are we getting that?" and googled it
>>
>>341844230
>5 is worst in a series.

Does YUME trigger you that much?
>>
>>341847890
Well that doesnt make much sense. Anyone who is a fan of the series or follows sega will know shortly after its announced. Millions in marketing will bring it to more peoples attention, maybe grab a few more sales, but nothing major that will make it a million selling series. If youre a fan of a series from x company, it should be on you to follow them for updates. Fuck even checking gematsu once a day and scrolling down will be enough for you to catch anything major being localized
>>
>>341848260
Not him, but are there actually people that don't stay up to date on games/series they like and just expect to have the announcement shoved into their face on TV or at Gamestop or something? Especially Japanese games that don't have a simultaneous release. This just seems like a basic common sense thing.
>>
>>341848260
It's like you think that there are only casuals and hardcore fans with no categories in the middle.
>>
>>341848414
yup, pretty much. They claim to be a fan of the series yet cant even be bothered to look up news for it. Even the ps4 board on reddit had threads saying it was being localized. If reddit can get its shit together before anon can, shits fucked. Expecting ign to be plastered with ads of yakuza 0 and the tvs at gamestop telling you what its all about and to preorder today is just retarded

>>341848586
Thats pretty much what it boils down to since anyone else in the middle is tiny. Really how hard is it to check gematsu? Or google sega e3 2016 and see the results that come up saying they showed off sonic boom fire and ice, yakuza 0, project diva x, and dawn of war 3?
>>
I've been playing through Ishin with my grade-school level garbage nip skills
They absolutely could've brought the game over, the game highlights/explains all the period-specific jargon to the player (there's an option to turn this off in the settings menu even) on top of there being some sort of in-game dictionary)
>>
>>341840241
>There's only one problem: the combat

Yakuza didn't age well. Yes the combat was bad. It only gets bearable when you learn the komaki counters and counter everything.

>>341842960
>Isn't after Yakuza 2 when the gameplay gets good?

Nope. Yakuza 3 is where it gets good.
>>
>>341849397
But 3 is after 2. So the other anon was still right.
>>
>>341844230
t. bosko
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.