[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIKE A FELLA ONCE SAID, AIN'T THAT A NEW VEGAS THREAD Post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: latest.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
592 KB, 1920x1200
LIKE A FELLA ONCE SAID,
AIN'T THAT A NEW VEGAS THREAD

Post some roleplaying tips and ideas, I'm an unimaginative fuck
>>
>>341733672
I'm playing 3. New Vegas is ass
>>
>>341734516
this desu
>>
File: 1421121706018.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1421121706018.gif
2 MB, 250x188
Why is the 3/4 fanbase such cancer?

>watching a youtube vid about 4
>"yeah Boston was cool but I was really hoping 4 would take place in another country"
>"Maybe 5 will take place somewhere other than America, I want to see what happened to the rest of the world"

I see this sentiment a lot and it enrages me. If you want a Fallout that doesn't take place in America then you don't want a fallout game nor are you able to grasp the concept of what makes Fallout Fallout.
>>
>>341735467
Isn't the rest of the world like turbofucked in the Fallout Universe anyway?

Like a lot of Europe being underwater/a swamp and China actually just a glowing hole in the ground?
>>
>>341735598
Yes. So unless they chose somewhere irrelevant like South America or someplace that nuclear war couldnt make worse, Africa, then its America or nothing.
>>
>>341733672
What the fuck, that song just came on pandora...
A-am I supposed to believe in god now?
>>
File: 400% mad.jpg (46 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
400% mad.jpg
46 KB, 500x738
>Framerate just won't improve
I hate this.
>>
>>341733672
To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him didn't have too much to say
No one dared to ask his business no one dared to make a slip
For the stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip
Big iron on his hip.
>>
I still can't believe obsidian just stole bethesda's idea.
>>
>>341735598
What about Russia?
>>
>>341739614
included in places nuclear war couldn't make worse
>>
Can you guys just fuck off and make /nvg/ already?

If you can't use the Fallout general on /vg/ that's fine, I understand, Fallout 4 shitposting is going to dominate that thread, but making endless threads on /v/, with multiple ones often going on at once isn't exactly the answer.

I like New Vegas too, but you guys are getting as bad as "le epic ISOLATED meme XD" VTMB kids.
>>
>>341735467

>people that want modern GTA taking place outside of USA
>people that want Fallout taking place outside of USA

it makes spotting the retards much easier
>>
File: mrbtongue.jpg (36 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mrbtongue.jpg
36 KB, 900x900
but what do they eat?
>>
>>341740412
don't blame us just because some newfag doesn't know how to use the catalog.
>>
>>341736492
It's not even about whether there are populated inhabitable places outside of America or not.

Everything about the feel and design of Fallout is based about an interpretation of AMERICAN culture. It's a retro futuristic, post apocalyptic look at America. The clothing, music, dialogue, character archetypes, architecture, cars, etc are all drawn for 1950's America and it's idea of the future.

Yeah there are probably other places in the world not destroyed by the bombs but I think somewhere in the old Fallout Bible or one of the Interplay devs specifically said they don't say much about the rest of the world on purpose, that it doesn't matter, that Fallout is specifically a story about post apocalyptic America.
>>
>>341734516
>>341734598
You're both faggots with shit taste.
>>
>>341733672
Ricardo Mantelban playthrough
>>
>>341742180
But even in the 50's american culture was dominant around the globe.
>>
>>341742949
To some extent sure, but then if its just going to be "American 50's culture just re skinned into another country then whats the point?
>>
File: D20_final.jpg (600 KB, 1900x1196) Image search: [Google]
D20_final.jpg
600 KB, 1900x1196
>>341735467
Don't worry the New Vegas Fanbase is pretty cancer too
Not nearly as bad normally
Patrician taste is the people that play the Fallout Tabletop RPG with the Fallout 1/2+ Lore Book
Been playing a Game in the Mid west with the legion and their Horde style push towards the West, Players are normal Humans and a nomadic Super Mutant from Broken Hills
>>
Be Skitter.
>>
>>341739614
the zone, but it's all of eastern europe this time
>>
>>341743270
> Fallout 1/2+ Lore Book
Does that exist?
Do you mean Avellone's Vault Dweller book?

D20 makes Fallout look like some cheap 40k clone
>>
>>341733672
how about you take inspiration from your real life and play a faggot who sucks all the cocks in the wasteland
>>
>>341733672
I have to ask, what did people find in this game that i didn't?

>walking the wasteland while nice (Thanks to mods obviously) it worn out its welcome around 1-2 hours into the game, discovering new locations felt like a pain because of how far they are from eachother (inb4 a retard says "auto-walk button" because that only underlines the point)
>Literally no reason to help anyone in Vegas after killing Benny
>If you decided to make Vegas independent (or take it for yourself) then there is no reason to help other factions, in fact, makes more sense that you eliminate all competition
>Most factions treat you like an asshole as soon as you meet them
>really easy to max out skills
>SLOW AND CLUNKY COMBAT wich mods slightly improve but it is still slugish as hell
>middle to late game you get bullet sponge enemies up the ass
>some conversations really go on forever (inb4 retard #3 says "if you don't like standing around talking for 10 minutes then you are impatient") in points where i just want to complete the damn quest

i ended up getting fed up with most of the factions and killed off their leaders, sided with Yes Man, got my ending, erased it from my backlog, i think the game is good but it has a lot of boring moments

just want to know what other anons that didn't like this game think about it
>>
>>341744124
The cover definitely isn't the best but as someone else who plays it, it's really just a framework to throw your game at, modify it as needed and have a good time with the story.
I've tried using the Fanmade System, modifying Apocalypse World and a few other systems that are more general. The D20 book is probably the best you can have when it comes to a system for the Fallout Universe
>>
>>341733672
I'm on a Junkrat build, explosives only with a general evil/wild card role play.
>>
>>341744585
>xD muh meme game characters
FUCK
>>
>>341740929
They eat gesamtkunstwerk
>>
File: piss.jpg (12 KB, 186x276) Image search: [Google]
piss.jpg
12 KB, 186x276
>>341733672
Be the true Shotgun Surgeon.

>Wear the doctor fatigues
>Use only shotguns and knives
>Wear a hockey mask or a gas mask
>Purge the wasteland of sickness and pain with your divinely ordained boomstick
>Collect all manner of drugs, medical equipment and the like, and give your patients experimental drugs you make yourself
>If anyone asks you if you're a real doctor, perform a lobotomy with a double dose of buckshot
>>
>>341735467
"What happened in Russia?"
>Metro 2033/Stalker, that's what happened
>>
>>341743176
Diversity for the sake of diversity.
At best it does literally nothing.
Realistically it just dilutes and ruins what it touches.
>>
>>341744419
Have you tried Fallout 4? It seems to have what you are looking for.
>>
>>341734516

Here's your (You). Satisfied?
>>
File: v_average_post.jpg (53 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
v_average_post.jpg
53 KB, 601x601
>>341734516
>>
Is there no way to save the cap pressing machine in the sunset sarsaparilla plant? The only choice is to scrap it for the mission. Cant I have the evil choice of taking it for myself and print caps from scrap metal or something?
>>
>>341746184
Locate it before the quest, I think. Otherwise, mods.
>>
>>341744419
Different stroke for different folks.
I got Immersed into fallout. The lore was consistent. While the game felt like a wikipedia page because people keep explaining shit to me about the NCR, I got listened to them all and felt part of the world.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.