[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys come up with cons for PC gaming? I'm too fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1466057611083.gif (2 MB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
1466057611083.gif
2 MB, 250x190
Can you guys come up with cons for PC gaming? I'm too fucking poor to afford a PC and I need to feel better.
>>
>>341688924
You can achieve 60 fps and that's excessive the eye can only see 24fps
>>
>>341688924
Coming from a mustard, there's plenty.
Modding is slightly difficult if you have fuck all of an idea how to operate a computer efficiently/have trouble with reading instructions, want things to be streamlined and easy.
Emulation for GC/Wii/anything ~PS2 level of processing power requires a decent processor to do anything. At that, emulation still isn't perfect 1:1 and has graphical bugs/glitches/etc.
Peripherals are expensive and you're always inclined to buy the next one.
CPU/GPU/parts in general are expensive and you're always inclined to buy the next one.

That's really only it.
Everything else is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>341688924
>Can you guys come up with cons for PC gaming?
its not like PCs don't have drawbacks

- Unless you pay out the ass for a prebuilt which really defeats the purpose, you are your own tech support and in charge of maintaining it. Some people just can't handle this.

- Parts wear out. They last longer between upgrades than consoles but eventually parts wear out. This hits particularly close to home because the second vga port on my 560ti just burnt out when I tabbed out of Morrowind the other day. Its a shame but it's a 5 year old card and has seen heavy use daily for its entire life. The cost of replacing it is as much as a Wii U.

- Installation can sometimes involve more effort than a console. Maintenance more so.

- Lacks a unified multiplayer pool. Wargame: Red Dragon and Battlefield 4 have completely different multiplayer systems (steam vs origin).

- Its very easy to get tricked into blowing money on shit you don't need at all, and with consoles its slightly more obvious that somethings a useless gimmick in comparison
>>
>>341688924
You're too poor, so rather than reach for sour grapes, just enjoy what you have.

Otherwise, put a small locked account that you put funds in until it reaches the limit you reach, then use it to buy a computer so you won't agonize over it too bad. Gives you incentive and more drive to work harder/more so you end up getting what you want without cutting into what you need.
>>
File: 1326736281584.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1326736281584.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
evry time you turn the computer on or off you have to install 50 updates
easy access to web browser instead of playing games you just shitpost on /v/
non ironic pc master race memers
best control scheme is a consolecontroller
>>
>>341688924
PC will never get to touch these gems

Horizon Zero Dawn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE [Embed]

Nier Automata
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0 [Embed]

Persona 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcl-GRkVVU [Embed]

Gravity Rush 1&2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXNQveHsG0 [Embed]
>>
>>341688924
Figuring out any hardware/software problems is fucking stressful
>>
>>341691598
>Persona 5
Sold. Never touching a gaming PC.
>>
>>341691842
The way it's going it's not coming out in the west either.
Fucking Atlus.
>>
>>341688924

too much graphics
>>
File: 1444275250327.png (326 KB, 561x590) Image search: [Google]
1444275250327.png
326 KB, 561x590
>>341688924
Steam bone.
Just kidding please don't buy it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.