[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quake Champions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16
File: GG EZ.jpg (177 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
GG EZ.jpg
177 KB, 1024x512
>S-stupid hero shooters! FUCK THEM! THEY RUINED QUAKE!
>A-are you kiddin me :(( moba??? ultimates???

If you say anything like this, you are a subhuman low IQ mongrel that should die irl from aids/cancer/ebola/accident.

Quake Champions is not a hero shooter, weapons are not tied to classes, there are no "ultiamte abilities". The characters, or Champions if you will, will have acces to the same weapons, movement and jumping etc. The only thing that seperates them are minor abilities designed to enhance the experience and add variety and tactics, needed for a multiplayer e-sport game.

These are facts, it has been confirmed, there is no room for debate, you can't use these arguments against it anymore.

"m-muh single player quake" fags BTFO.
Blizzcucks/shills BTFO.

Quake Champions will dominate the scene once again, nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>341633994
>movement and jumping

Don't think so, Tim.
Willits said Nyx "runs fast" and "rocket jumps high". That straight up implies passive abilities that are exclusive to this character.
>>
>>341633994
I agree with you that classes are needed for an e-sport to succeed, but only because nowadays they are played by retards.

It's like saying a sport like basketball NEEDS classes, so players are not limited only by their own talents, but also by some arbitrary rules that restrict their capabilities. Of course, it doesn't happen in real sports (other than exceptions like goalkeepers), but it is needed in games for subhumans.

There's a reason old quake didn't have it, there's a reason new quake does.
>>
>>341634338
Characters in Champions don't seem to be gimped by rules, the only rule is balance. This is very important to have successful FFA and Duel.
>>
File: rebbit.png (46 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
rebbit.png
46 KB, 512x512
>minor abilities designed to enhance the experience and add variety and tactics, needed for a multiplayer e-sport game.
>>
>>341634949

Yep, it will be balanced and it will dominate.
>>
>>341635538

Autism and meme'ing cancerous kids, what else to expect from subhumans like you, you have no arguments, no facts, stay anally raped, Quake Champions will dominate and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>341634949
>Can you have all those minor abilities at once, with your skill being the only limiting factor?
No

Then you are gimped by rules.

NEXT
>>
File: hiro-juta.jpg (106 KB, 720x500) Image search: [Google]
hiro-juta.jpg
106 KB, 720x500
>quake is not hiro juta
>>
>>341635538
4chan wasn't part of the 90s either.
>>
File: p_orbb[1].jpg (83 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
p_orbb[1].jpg
83 KB, 560x800
Most annoying character pic related
>>
>Quake Champions is not a hero shooter
>The only thing that seperates them are abilities

So, a hero shooter?
>>
So who the fuck is the blue-haired chick?
>>
>>341636770
NYX new character
>>
>>341637020
You have a whole roster and you make new characters instead? Why
>>
>>341634338

Positions are classes.
>>
I'll probably pay money for it, but I'm new to the genre.

Sorry if you're not getting what you want, dedicated fans.
>>
>>341637121

If they didn't, you or someone else would criticize the game for lacking originality, relying on nostalgic characters, rehashing, etc.
>>
>>341637121
Because the devs might want to create something new for a change? What other reason might there be.

Willits mentioned that there will be a lot of characters to pick from. I'm guessing it was just cheaper to model four of them for the trailer though that's why you're not seeing more.
>>
>>341637580
Where's Sarge then
>>
>Quake Champions already has a die hard autist constantly making the same thread
>>
>>341637708
visor is stroggified sarge

oh and another reason is to allude to the combination of both old and new, like you have 2 classic and 2 new characters. It's part of the game's philosophy that's it not just the same old stuff.
>>
>game only has a single pre-rendered trailer available
>already making assumptions and complaints about the roster

Why? Why are rosterfags always the worst?
>>
>>341637389
No, every player is free to do as he pleases, only limited by his talent.
>>
>>341638028
You miss the part where people wanted Quake but got Quakewatch? And out of the big-ass fucken roster they only showed 2 along with 2 new ones?
>>
>>341633994
>"m-muh single player quake" fags BTFO
We've been BTFO for 19 years and counting.
>>
>>341638407
Quake 4 was nice
>>
Heading to Quakecon this year.

They will be showing exclusive game play footage like they did with Doom 4.
>>
File: Black Phillip.jpg (23 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
Black Phillip.jpg
23 KB, 500x416
>>341638502
>>
>>341638502
For 2005. In retrospective Prey was superior.
>>
>>341638502
It was but I'm of the opinion that Quake 2, 4, and Wars are part of a completely different series than the original Quake. And I don't know what what the hell Q3A was. It was like the Super Smash Brothers of id Software.
>>
File: team-fortress.gif (68 KB, 600x185) Image search: [Google]
team-fortress.gif
68 KB, 600x185
>class-based shooting in muh Quake REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
And yet no one complains about the mod that started it all.
>>
>>341638146
You clearly don't understand traditional sports.
>>
>>341638615
Eat shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJwyjWpP4XA
>>
>>341638727
Why would anyone be upset with a mod?
>>
>>341638508
I think it's far more likely there will be mutliplayer systems set up to play on or maybe even exclusive code access through the duration of Quakecon to play on the pc you bring.
>>
>>341633994
it's still gonna be shit because there's no way they'd put the fun stuff back in like actual air control, air accel, and proper bunny hopping
>>
>>341638842
Because of the idea that somehow class-based ruins Quake or some shit or doesn't work or whatever.
>>
>Tfw quake is probably older than OP and I'm actually replying
>>
>>341636254
does anyone else see the eyeball thing fucking moving as you read the text
it looks like he's strecthing out
>>
>>341638993
>they'd put the fun stuff back

so what is the fun stuff there?
>>
>>341638747
yeah that was a really cool cut scene in the game. And then you could finally move at a normal walking speed...

The game play over all sucked and was a boring game. That scene was cool. Prey did it better though
>>
>>341639225
did you not finish reading my post?
>>
>>341639006
We want Quake not Team Fortess/a mod FUCK YOU
>>
>>341639006
thats why its called Team fortress and not
>quake
you fucking retard
>>
File: KAWAII ANIME AVATAR.jpg (210 KB, 442x395) Image search: [Google]
KAWAII ANIME AVATAR.jpg
210 KB, 442x395
>>341633994
> The only thing that seperates them are minor abilities designed to enhance the experience and add variety and tactics, needed for a multiplayer e-sport game.
>>
>>341638736
You clearly don't understand classes.

In a game like CTF Quake you can also have positions. They are not classes. It's not the same.
>>
>>341639561
thats why its called Quake Champions and not
>quake
you fucking retard
>>
>>341639225
having better control of your character, moving faster and more precise, higher skill ceiling in movement, makes hitting a hard shot that much better
>>
File: cancelledica.jpg (58 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
cancelledica.jpg
58 KB, 335x335
>>341639006
at this point I can't even be upset about new Quake. I knew what I wanted and I knew what to expect. And I got what I expected.

Let me try and express this in Nintendo terms. Imagine if you wanted a new Zelda adventure and everyone else wanted a new Smash Brothers. Over a decade later a Zelda sequel is finally announced. It's revealed as a fighting game, but now Link has a combos system. You're asking me how this new Zelda's combo system is going to ruin his adventure. Because anon there will be no adventure. It's a fighting game.

Just gotta abandon all hope. And when this releases maybe it will be fun. But it will never be Quake for me.
>>
For those that don't understand. The e-sports community in Quake is oriented towards both team based and 1vs1 gameplay.

Having characters with different abilities makes 1vs1 gameplay near impossible because it will destroy balance.
>>
File: knight.jpg (45 KB, 530x337) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
45 KB, 530x337
>>341639750
>Let me try and express this in Nintendo terms. Imagine if you wanted a new Zelda adventure and everyone else wanted a new Smash Brothers. Over a decade later a Zelda sequel is finally announced. It's revealed as a fighting game, but now Link has a combos system. You're asking me how this new Zelda's combo system is going to ruin his adventure. Because anon there will be no adventure. It's a fighting game.
I dunno I think that could be made to work.
>>
File: 1455072939427.jpg (39 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1455072939427.jpg
39 KB, 540x390
>>341640050
>The e-sports community in Quake
It still exists?
>>
>>341639723
Exactly, it claims to be quake. You just proved his point.
>>
>>341640383
Quake Live
>>
>>341640229
You know what? You've piqued my curiosity. I'm gonna try and develop a quick little Zelda 2 single screen fighting game in Game Maker.
>>
>>341640383
It's living out it's last days. They let it die by fucking up Quake Live and turning it into a casual shitfest.
>>
>>341640515
why is quake champions even needed when QL exists? clearly if people wanted an arena shooter game, they'd be playing this anyways
>>
Is one thread not enough for this terrible bait?

>>341620151
>>341620151
>>341620151
>>
>>341633994

recognizing autism: the post
>>
>>341640502
No it claims to be a Quake spinoff, hence the fucking SUBTITLE that reads CHAMPIONS, which suggests a HERO system. You fucking retard.

You gonna complain about Quake Wars next?
>>
>>341640741
Do you also do this for Overwatch threads?
>>
File: 1463423796005.png (361 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463423796005.png
361 KB, 800x800
Reminder that Doom was revealed at E3 and everyone said it would be shit.
Reminder that nu-id have been on a roll since the Wolfenstein reboot.
Reminder that doubters will be proven wrong again.
>>
>>341640741
>10 overwatch thick threads is ok
>20 another fucking zelda threads is ok
>2 quake 5 threads, the game that basically created esports along with cs and sc brood war is too much
fuck you and everything you stand for
>>
>>341641134
>Wolfenstein reboot
But it takes place after the last Wolfenstein
>>
>>341638736
Whats the difference between a person playing entry frag in csgo compared to someone playing lurk?

Their location and objective.

Whats the difference between roadhog in overwatch and mei? Load outs and abilities.

Position are not classes.

Stop
>>
>>341641134
this. I am become hype.
>>
>>341641134
nu-id didn't make Wolfenstein.
>>
>>341638347
>people wanted Quake
nah they dont. there are at best 100 people playing at once.
>>
>>341641134
>Reminder that nu-id have been on a roll since the Wolfenstein reboot.
You mean Machine Games.
>>
>>341638347
How much quake live or reflex have you played lately?
Yeah, people want quake but a reskin won't cut it. They need to bring in people.
>>
>>341641940
I keep forgetting Reflex exists. It's 2GD's game, right?
>>
>>341642171
thats reborn

Reflex is actually out in early access

reborn is MIA
>>
>>341641940
quake live has class loadouts now in quickmatch and reflex is an unknown IP in early access. Hardly fair.

Besides everyone who loves quake has already played quake to death.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>341638993

Except all those things are already confirmed to be in, so kill yourself naysayers, fucking subhuman shills, Quake Champions will dominate.
>>
>>341641134
>Reminder that Doom was revealed at E3 and everyone said it would be shit.
Granted, complaining actually DID help the game in the end. They removed the piss filter from hell.
>>
>>341633994
>being this butthurt over people shitting on MOBA Quake
lol
your game will be shit.
mobas are shit
and YOU are shit
>>
>>341642793
>everyone said it would be shit during e3
no.
During E3 I was skeptical
during MP beta I thought it was utter shit not worth 10 min of my time.
during release, SP was fun.
>>
File: fuck you.gif (273 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
273 KB, 500x300
>>341633994
The issue is that it's a fortress game, when by and large, the arena shooter community wants a FFA/duel/ctf centered arena shooter. Currently, the only games that fill that niche are Q3A copies or unreal tournament 4

Quake Champions is a fortress game. That doesn't mean it's not going to be like an arena shooter, simply that it's not going to be a game true to quake or unreal tournament.

A fortress game would be enemy territory, team fortress 2, lawbreakers, overwatch, garden warfare, or any other game that revolves around characters with unique abilities in a shooter environment.

These fortress games also tend to have linear maps, not arena-based maps. There is a main objective besides who can get the most kills/CTF, it's about capturing and staying on one point of interest long enough.

It's fundamentally different from Quake arena or unreal tournament, so it's a let down for the new game to be like that.
For you to casually write off critcism shows me that you lack an understanding of the genre entirely and the people who love it. Eat shit newfag
>>
>>341642635
>people have already played it to death

that's not a legitimate argument, nor will it ever be.
People have been playing dota since 2003 for 13 years now, some people even longer for counter strike, playing the same goddam de_dust2 for over a decade.
At what point does "it's old" actually quantify as real evidence against a game's quality and longevity?
>>
>>341643148
>q:c will be a fortress game
Spoken like a true plebian. We dont even know what abilities characters have and how do they function yet. Do they have downside, are they some ebin killstreak, do they use ammo or cooldown?
If the teaser is to believe, how will ranger's translocator transfer into an unfriendly game for duel/ffa? how will the 2 sec wallhack of visor or the whatever the girl and the big guy have break the balance of duel? what would stop you from picking the same characters or restrict tourney or competitive to a pool of characters or a single character if you want to go the extreme?
Not to mention it's already confirmed that all weapons are for everybody
There is a genre based on 1v1 that has totally different character and that is the fighting game genre.
>>
>>341644090
>wall hack
>translocator
>speed boost
>"lol true plebian"

christ neo/v/ is cancer. Just go back to overwatch you fucking child
stop trying to pollute classics with your casual-friendly cancer
>>
Honestly, if they gave you exactly what you wanted and by that I mean q3a and it was amazing, it wouldn't sell. It wouldn't be very populated.
MOBAs and hero shooters are the future, you just gotta accept that
People have moved on to easier casual bullshit
>>
>>341644397
answer me first before making assumption.
that is, if you even know what you are talking about. because there are tons of competitive 1v1 games where the casts are diverse. Why couldnt they do that for fps?
>>
>>341638747
I got a really confused boner to that scene when I was younger.
>>
>>341644968
you just blabbered on about how "you have no idea what you're talking about"

and then you defend a literal wallhack that the character has on spawn? You have never truly admired what made quake arena so good; if you had, you would staunchly oppose this shit.

In quake, you only have the rocket launcher if you grab it. Unlike TF2 where you spawn as a soldier, you must GRAB the rocket launcher. Then, your opponent knows you have the rocket launcher. You can also grab the red armor for extra health, and have high health like the heavy in TF2.

But in TF2, you can only have one of those things, but you get them automatically. It's so fundamentally different from an actual fucking ARENA shooter that it's no where near the same game, quake champions is simply using the brandname to get sales, it's not a legitimate sequel that honors the franchise

but in true /v/ fashion, you defend the game catering to what's popular and shitting on the quake legacy, because hey, you haven't lived long enough to appreciate something that takes a modicum of effort or skill
>>
>>341637389
so in soccer, does the defender have larger shoes ? does the attacker ride a bicycle ?

no, positions aren't classes, they are positions. like somebody guarding red armor and another guy doing quad runs. somebody guarding the flag and another going for captures.
>>
>>341645895
just stop trying to convince them. they need their crutch at spawn
>>
Man if they do it right with individual characters not having some OP shit, I think it'll be fine
I recognize that a 20 year old franchise trying to rejuvenate itself after 9 years without a game is going to go along with the current trends, just like how arena FPS of that time followed the trend Quake and Unreal set
You all get mad salty for something that could not survive in today's market or based of your nostalgia alone
>>
>>341640940
He didn't reply anon you won the argument, good job
>>
File: 1406967439856.jpg (338 KB, 1600x926) Image search: [Google]
1406967439856.jpg
338 KB, 1600x926
>>
File: 1342023300567.gif (836 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1342023300567.gif
836 KB, 440x330
Wolfenstein got an excellent remake
Doom got an excellent remake
Why does Quake have to have this shitty multiplayer game? Nobody cared about Quake Arena because Unreal Tournament was leagues superior, just give us a legit Quake remake Bethesda.
>>
>>341647717
is this from quake champions?
>>
>>341648008
No. Just a fan mockup from years ago. Hopefully its what Champions will end up looking like though
>>
>>341641134
1. Machine Games made Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB
2. the new Wolfenstein games sucked
3. Quake Champions is only being produced by id. The bulk of development is being done by these guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saber_Interactive
>>
>>341645531
but you truly have no idea what you are talking about. Because we dont know how the fuck they work other than the effect they showed on a teaser. What about the fucking balance?
The wallhack, for example can last for literal seconds, can be balanced by making an obvious sound cue for it, restrict it to a certain length, force you to STOP if you want to do it... And by doing so it ADD layers to the jumping, strafing, gunning of quake when two players have to be aware of 1 additional elements with its own pro and con. It can be totally different from blizzshit where a wallhack cost nothing, simply give the user (actually it give the whole team) the advantage and cooldown doesnt reset when you die... Competitive might mean Classes are locked for the entire duration of a match, Players vote on a class to play the whole match with... So "pro" like you can pub storm like you want because nobody play q3 anymore with minimal whining about unfair characters... In fighting games, good players can shit on any bad players with their main. Differenced at spawn doesnt mean everything is an unbalanced mess.
>>
>>341640671
because it's new
"e-sports" as it exists now is just marketing in case you haven't figured it out yet
>>341647940
>TNO
modern shooter
>doom
decent
>Unreal Tournament was leagues superior
haha. no.
>>
>>341648159
id tech 6 is capable of rendering pretty impressive visuals, so I think Quake Champions will look great. I'll just end up putting everything to lowest anyway though
>>
>>341633994
citation? Please, I genuinely want the new Quake to be excellent, but I'm not liking the sound of Champions.
>>
File: 1421256118551.jpg (79 KB, 745x960) Image search: [Google]
1421256118551.jpg
79 KB, 745x960
>>341636254
>Gender: Neuter

PROGRESSIVE!
>>
>>341649256
Oh piss off, it's a fucking eyeball on legs
>>
>>341633994
>needed for a multiplayer e-sport game.
No.
>"m-muh single player quake" fags BTFO.
In what way? You didn't address anything relating to wanting a single player campaign.
>>
File: Quake.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Quake.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>341651009
>we will never have a single player Quake like the first ever again.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.