[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im excited for civ, civ games are pretty much always worth a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: W3oNKWQ.jpg (3 MB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
W3oNKWQ.jpg
3 MB, 3000x1688
im excited for civ, civ games are pretty much always worth a play. civIV is the only one i never put any time into.

i hope your zelda game is good guys, however this is a civ thread, if it pleases you.
>>
>>341455115
I'm just about excited for everything I've seen so far. They took a lot of good ideas from endless legend
>>
File: 1408222593452.jpg (29 KB, 263x346) Image search: [Google]
1408222593452.jpg
29 KB, 263x346
>no new civs revealed at E3
>they won't even let us hear the narrator
>>
The gameplay video really sold the game to me. I was really worried about the new building system and how each would occupy a tile but now that i understand how the districts actually work I got very excited.

Still not a fan of wonders occupying tiles though, I love making a mega city with 15+ wonders and that will just be impossible with the new system.

The new civic system with the cards look great too, but does anyone know how restrictive it is? I mean in CivIV you have to go through an anarchy turn before changing government types, I wonder if there is anything close to that with the card system.
>>
>>341456229

me too, i love even the day/night cycle

the thing i like about the city tiles idea is, it was always so fire and forget to grab everything you could. now there's more strategy layers involved with getting the wonders you want and in which city, actually having to balance them with tile improvements and specialized cities. i think its actually more interesting with restrictions, wonder spam is kinda OP.
>>
>>341455115
What's new in CIV6 or rather what have they changed?
>>
>>341456118
>No new civs revealed at E3
Cleopatra was revealed (She wasn't on Civ V, but you get the point)
>>
>>341457253
Mobile game graphics style
>>
>>341457414
We already knew about her weeks ago and what her agenda was, all we got was her leaderhead. We know about Qin Shi Huang as well, still haven't seen him though because he's the player character in the demo.
>>
>>341457253

basic roads are a trade wagon thing, not a worker thing

"workers" are now builders, they have charges they can expend to instantly build a tile improvement, i don't know if charges refill or use up the builder

policies and government type is now determined by some kinda "pick one of x cards" x4 system.

wonders and i think some regular buildings are like tile improvements now, cities are much more represented by their borders and not all packed onto their single tile.

seems like a bunch of more technical stuff going on with themeing, specialized cities, tech faster with what your civ actually uses, etc. its said building a city and using the tiles is like a unique little puzzle for each city now, i hope it works out because civ city building and tech paths are very stale cookie-cutter right now.
>>
>>341457414
>Cleopatra
Ow my autism.
>>
>>341457965
Also, one victory type removed and replaced with another one.
>>
File: 1409548924712.png (42 KB, 399x250) Image search: [Google]
1409548924712.png
42 KB, 399x250
I just realized that since buildings are outside the city you have the choice to not pillage them and actually capture cities that are in working conditions now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.