[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel Gaming Universe is near. Are you hyped? >"Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14
File: 1465928056048.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465928056048.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
Marvel Gaming Universe is near. Are you hyped?

>"Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it."

>Over the past few years, Marvel Games' output has been primarily on mobile (Avengers Academy, Contest of Champions, Future Fight), on PC (Marvel Heroes) and for Disney Infinity and Lego games. Marvel fans haven't had their own Batman: Arkham equivalent. But with multiple Marvel console games in development, it sounds like that's changing.

>Ong said there was a lot about Marvel Games' plans for consoles that he couldn't talk about. There are existing partnerships with Telltale Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros.' TT Games to make titles based on Marvel's properties, but he indicated there's a lot more in the works, some of which we'll hear more about later this year.

>Marvel wants to work with the best game developers in the business, Ong said, teams that share the company's passion for its heroes and villains. But it's being choosy about who it works with, and which teams work on which properties.

>"One of the things we really focus on in terms of our new strategy is that we all believe that great games drive the brand and great games are what our fans really deserve," Ong said. "The question is, 'How we can get there?' The thing we landed on is to be really selective with who we partner with. Extremely selective. Right now I would say that out of every 10 opportunities we look at, we maybe do one."
>>
File: 1465902357753.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465902357753.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>Ong said Marvel Games has a set of criteria as it looks to work with publishers and developers.

>"What we look at first and foremost is the talent level of partner," he said. "Are they world class in building the games we're talking about? They have to have world-class talent. They have to be able to invest the resources to make that talent sing. Equally important is, do they have passion for the IP they're working on? Do they share the same ambition? Do they love the character? We look for passion, that comes through in the first 30 seconds.

>"One of our mantras is authenticity; it's easy to make a game with Spider-Man on the label, but it's much harder to make it truly authentic in a way that reflects Peter Parker, the character." Insomniac Games and Spider-Man creative director Bryan Intihar, Ong said, embody that mantra.

>When publisher Activision was in charge of developing and publishing Spider-Man games, those titles were often tied to the release of movies or annual publishing schedules. The quality of those games varied, and while they were often successful commercially, Ong indicated that Marvel Games doesn't want to push games to market just to coincide with a theatrical release. (The upcoming Spider-Man game is "wholly original" and unrelated to 2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming, the next Marvel feature film starring the web-slinger.)

>"We are absolutely obsessed about [quality]," Ong said. "That is our North Star. We always say 'Great is not good enough. We're going for truly epic.'"
>>
File: 1465907236630.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465907236630.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
>Ong said that if a future Marvel Games title lines up with the release of a Marvel Studios movie, great, but "in this modern day and age, that [video game movie tie-in] model doesn't work anymore."

>"Things like [games] you cannot under-resource," he said. "You can't not give the development time ... to do justice to the game. We think, 'How do we make the game better? How do we help our partners make the game better?'"

>It's not yet clear when Marvel, Sony and Insomniac's Spider-Man game — or Telltale's unnamed Marvel game, which Ong says will delight fans — will be released. But those titles represent a new course for Marvel Games.

>"Building these franchises, and building these characters [at Marvel Games], this is that first big milestone from this team," Ong said. "This is a huge ambitious project."
>>
>>341446448
>>341446508
>>341446623
source?
>>
>>341446796
http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11937012/marvel-games-aaa-spider-man-insomniac-games-jay-ong
>>
>>341446869
Would be nice if we got some nice quality marvel games on PC
>>
>>341446508
>>341446448
God, I really hate the white in the outfit.
>>
>>341446448
Okay /v/ I'll ask it here because /co/ won't answer
What Marvel characters do you think would make for good videogames?
I say Iron Fist, just pure kung-fu goodness
>>
>>341449760
Iron Man. God damn I wanna zip zop boobidy bop all over blowing shit up and sky dive out of one suit into another.
>>
Until Marvel is willing to spend some shekels on actual games and not depend entirely on publishers to fund these, this isn't happening.

>Marvel fans haven't had their own Batman: Arkham equivalent.
Thank god for that.
>>
>>341449760
WWII Captain America game. We already had one but that was just an Arkham rip off. I want a real war game.
>>
>>341446448
I hate how they see "this is an experience spiderman", that gives them the excuse of those shitty moves like spinning large objects around with webs and hitting an enemy.

Shit we've seen countless times. Give us a realistic Spider-Man game with great webbing moves and an alive city.

Now this PS2 (minus Spiderman2) shitty gameplay gimmicky games. The suit looks awful too.
>>
>>341446869
>polygon
>>
>>341448405
There will be alternate costumes but they will be DLC for sure.
>>
This is pretty cool but its hard for me to get excited about it. Except for Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap and Black Panther I don't find Marvels heroes interesting. Bitch all you want about being OP but DCs heroes are better.
>>
>>341450186
Iron Man is perfect for videogames, I'm surprised no one has done one yet
>>341450496
I agree, imagine holding the shield up to protect some ally soldiers following you while they shoot the enemy, then throwing it to kill a really resistant enemy
>>
I was hoping the Arkham games would spawn something similar for DC. A Flash game, Superman game, Green Lantern game, etc all different genres and made by different publishers but existing within the same universe.

That said, I'd love for more quality Marvel games to start cropping up and exist within Insomniac's Spidey universe. Iron Man mech combat in the style of ZoE, Thor beat-em-up with Asgard as a hub and the Bifrost letting you complete levels in any order, Captain America third-person shooter, X-Men squad-based TPS, Punisher game in the style of Hitman. It has a lot of potential.
>>
>>341450720
Yeah the only marvel hero I actually like is spider-man but that's only because of the ps2 games and sam raimi movies
DC heroes most of the time are more interesting
>>
this game looks exactly like the passed spiderman games with gameplay, visuals and city. it'll be forgotten about within a week.
>>
>>341449760
hulk
iron man
doctor strange
the punisher
daredevil
captain marvel
>>
>>341451045
dc hates anyone that isn't batman
>>
>>341451757
>captain marvel
Look I may be part of the minority who likes her but I don't see how this game would work
I mean, you fly around space and kill aliens and that's it?
>>
>>341451913
sounds good to me
>>
>>341451913
>third person open world free roam in space

refreshing I'd play it
>>
>>341452018
>>341452070
I suppose it would work but the 'open world' would have to be really big considering it's space
And aside from that there should be spaceships that you can enter that are more like straightforward levels
>>
Marvel makes shit comics and shit movies so no.
>>
MAKE ME A FUCKING DAREDEVIL GAME
>>
I can't fucking wait for an Iron Man or X-men game
>>
Why do people act like this is the first time they've ever made a Spiderman game? They have more Spiderman games then pretty much any other superhero.
>>
>>341450186
>sky dive out of one suit into another.
Holy shit I never knew I wanted this until now
>>
>>341452524
I kinda feel the same
I mean, I can't get hyped for this not because I don't think it could be good, I am just 'meh' because it's Spider-Man again
>>
>>341448021
This
>>
>>341449760
A spiritual successor to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction would be incredible. That game was incredibly fun and the combat was handled incredibly well. Imagine being able to actually smash through buildings, weaponizing support beams and debris from inside the structures.

A mech combat Iron Man would be incredible, think Zone of the Enders but focusing more on managing the suit's power. If you need speed you can allocate more power to thrusters, or if you're on the ground you can buff your defenses and weaponry to become a walking tank. Then they could thrown in customization to further amplify your suits stats based on how you play or what the mission requires.

I could see Cap as an Uncharted-style adventure game, with emphasis on maneuvering around the enemy and getting into close quarters using the environment and shield. Maybe have Cap pick up enemy weapons but toss them when they're empty, forcing the player to really rely on the shield and Cap's physical enhancements.

Thor would work great as a beat-em-up I think, obviously when you think of a Thor game you think of God of War. It would be interesting to go for a Crash-style structure where you can use the Bifrost to tackle the levels in any order (nine levels for the Nine Realms), and explore Asgard for upgrades, challenges or character interaction.

I think a Punisher game could be great as more of a Hitman-style game rather than a straight third-person shooter. Really I'm thinking MGSV but in urban settings. You're given an open level and a target (or targets) to take down, and how you do it is up to you. You could interrogate goons to find intel, such as the target's routine, then set up a sniping point or storm their hideout guns blazing. A Black Widow game could work very similarly.
>>
So will they give us mvc4 it is the most requested marvel game
>>
>>341450186
>>341450186

The last Iron man game was a goddamn travesty

They've managed to make the Wolverine Origins game pretty damn good tho.

Really liked that one.

The Deadpool game was ok too.

The properly fun one so far has always been Spiderman.

Maybe it's become I'm originally a new yorker. Dunno.
>>
>>341452524
Because out of all the games they've made, less than a handfull of them have been solid to good.

If there's one superhero that screams "fun", it's Spider-Man. His character is made for video games.
>>
IRON MAN CONFIRMED

FLOATAN
BLASTAN
AIR TO AIR MISSILAN

>Tony, intercept those jets!
>Tony, get to your suit!
>Tony, defeat the drago. FIN FANG FOOM

GET HYPE
>>
Marvel is trying to push a universe in every medium except their comics. What a bunch of hacks.
>>
>>341449760
A Hawkeye game in the art style of Matt Fraction's run
>>
>>341448021
>>341452872
>only owning one platform
>>
>>341449760
Honestly, I would love a "S.H.I.E.L.D" game. It would play like X-COM does, but with Superheroes and Evil Organizations.

Like picture the very first level, you have 6 guys armed with nothing but pistols and rifles and you have to creep your way into the sewers against the Lizard.

Or a level where after storming Dr.Doom's castle, he unleashes a captured Hulk on your team.
>>
File: CeU42TiUsAAlIYV.jpg (91 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
CeU42TiUsAAlIYV.jpg
91 KB, 600x650
>>341452484
So fucking sick of all the phony Daredevil fans that popped up after the Netflix series came out, jesus christ
>>
>>341453356

i own a ps4 and pc. I want it on pc for 4k. 1080 looks awful now
>>
>>341453634
So get a PS4K my nigga
>>
>>341453554
>I was an autistic comicbook fan before it was cool

Your mother must be very proud
>>
Everyone assumed it was Sucker Punch working on Spider-man. Now that we know it's Insomniac, that frees up SP to be working on something else. Could they also be doing a Marvel game?
>>
>>341453856
>MAKE ME A FUCKING GAME OF A CHARACTER I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT I DEMAND ONE BECAUSE I WATCHED A TV SHOW ABOUT HIM SO THAT MAKES ME A FAN

Fuck off you faggot normie
>>
>>341452679
Right? Say what you want about Iron Man 3, but at the end when he's diving from one suit to another like a mother fucker I was hyped as shit.
>>
>>341452483
>>341452483

Go away shitty bait faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 848x848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 848x848
>>341454035
X-Men game. Hopefully not fucking Wolerverine.
>>
I require HD pizza minigames or my preorder is cancelled
>>
>>341454035
Eh I don't see Marvel tasking Sony first party to make games, they will probably get some small no-name development team
>>
>>341453554
phony? Don't you mean New?
>>
File: Spidey.jpg (59 KB, 611x458) Image search: [Google]
Spidey.jpg
59 KB, 611x458
I just wanna be my own Xmen. Xman. Xperson.
>>
File: daredevil.jpg (25 KB, 1865x849) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
25 KB, 1865x849
Here's a leaked image of the Daredevil game
>>
>>341453167
Maybe, listen me out here, maybe just maybe comic books aren't as profitable as they were and as a company (which I feel obligated to remind you are created for profits) they need to evolve and push their characters in more profitable mediums.
>>
>>341453738

>he thinks the ps4k will actually play games at 4k

console babbys are fucking delusional i swear

besides the 4k video playback you might see some games reach 1440 at 30fps.
>>
>>341454491
Looks great
>>
File: X-men-destiny-cover-890x1024.jpg (86 KB, 300x313) Image search: [Google]
X-men-destiny-cover-890x1024.jpg
86 KB, 300x313
>>341454446
gotchu family :^)
>>
>>341450827
Iron Man had three games based on his movies, the first one's ok the other two suck
>>
>Iron Fist game made by Platinum
>All Kung Fu based fighting with assists from his waifu and his best buddy Luke Cage
>Over the top combos

STANDING HERE
>>
File: Ultimate_alliance.png (177 KB, 257x325) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_alliance.png
177 KB, 257x325
New Ultimate Alliance fucking WHEN, brehs?

>He doesn't main Iceman
>>
>>341454546
Good thing I'm not a huge graphics fag, I care more if it runs decently
>>
>>341446448
>multiple Marvel console games in development,
Fuck yeah
>>
>>341454826
God no, apart from Spidey and not Spidey I'm a devil, street level heroes are awful made for faggots that for some reason can't read a comic if the hero isn't a loser with a shitty life like them.

Give me Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Inhumans and Warlock. I want the heroes that can level entire cities on a whim.
>>
>>341454491
So it'll be a FPS ?
>>
>>341454747
Okay but this game was meh.
>>
>>341455341
>Iron Fist
>Not being able to level entire cities on a whim

Come on, man.
>>
>>341454395
No. Im down with people or kids who got introduced to Daredevil comics through the show, thats great if you ask me. But I'm sick of all the Redditors and normies who watch the show and suddenly think that they know what they're talking about, and you can always tell because they always run their mouths without knowing anything.

>at uni
>dudebro stoner kid starts talking to me cause I have some cape stickers on my toaster laptop
>asks me if I like Daredevil and saw season 2, says he's massive Daredevil fan
>tell him yes, excited for season 3 cause they're gonna do Born Again
>doesn't know what fucking Born Again is
>>
SUCKER PUNCH IRON MAN WHEN
>>
>>341454491
If you werent a retard you would know that that isnt how Daredevil's vision is at all.
>>
>>341454378
I doubt that since they were talking about wanting to make quality games with only the best developers.
>>
>>341456023
Born Again is pretty entry level, man.

I don't think you should be so judgmental, man. I know lots of people that have only known about DD through NFLX and have been curious enough to start reading the comics. Don't be a dick about it.
>>
>>341456297
I can see them making their own teams of industry veterans
>>
>>341449760
>Okay /v/ I'll ask it here because /co/ won't answer
Is that mod still going crazy with power? I haven't seen a /co/ games thread in so fucking long. Anyway, here's a list of /co/ characters and types of games I'd imagine they'd have.

>Iron Fist
Sleeping Dogs
>Captain America
Metal Gear
>Miles Morales
NBA2K
>Thor
God of War/Witcher
>Avengers
Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends
>Daredevil or Moon Knight
Sleeping Dogs mixed with Ace Attorney/LA Noire
>Cloak and Dagger
Viewtiful Joe/Devil May Cry
>Doctor Strange
Bloodborne
>Gorrilla Grodd
Ape Escape
>Flash
Sonic speed with Infamous fighting
>Iron Man
Infamous
>Batman
LA Noire with Bamham combat
>Green Lantern/Captain Marvel/Blue Marvel
Mass Effect
>Aquaman
Until I can think of a game with good swimming and fighting mechanics, I've got nothing.
>>
>>341455632
Yeah maybe after spending ten years Building up Chi. That wouldn't make a very interesting game
>>
Is sucker Punch ever going to work on anything else that isn't Infamous? I love the franchise, but they've proved they CAN make heroes game, IMO Infamous 2 was a better game than any of the Batman
>>
>>341456693
Aquaman would probably be like God of War.
>>
>>341456693
>Lantern game a la ME
>Your dialogue choices decide your color

Who /red/ masterrace here?

RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>341454035
Sucker Punch are confirmed to be working on a new IP at the moment.
>>
>>341456995
I'd be yellow

STEAL AND HOARD
>>
>>341456803
More like SeaWorld Tycoon
>>
>>341453030
>The Deadpool game was ok too.
Deadpool could have been great if it had better combat and weren't Waypool.
>>
>>341456450
They could, I can see them doing that. But that may take too much time, money, and effort for them to do so rather than just giving a pile of money to an already established developer.
>>
>>341453030
Wolverine game was by Raven Software
>>
>>341456693
>Is that mod still going crazy with power? I haven't seen a /co/ games thread in so fucking long. Anyway, here's a list of /co/ characters and types of games I'd imagine they'd have.
Yeah, we can't even have cringe threads anymore even if it's 100% /co/-related cringe because it's 'off-topic'
also
>Captain America
>Metal Gear
Captain America is not for a stealth game, that would be Black Widow, like other anons posted earlier on the thread, Captain America should be in an action adventure game
>>
>Captain America game
>You play as Hydra operative Cap

How mad would you be?
>>
>>341450536
In his defense, he didn't link it until someone TOO STUPID TO FUCKING GOOGLE ONE SINGLE LINE FROM THE OP asked for a source like an idiot
>>
>>341446448
>Spider-Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/13/insomniac-games-spider-man-confirmed-ps4-exclusive-open-world-more-info-provided/
>>
>>341451913
>you fly around space and kill aliens and that's it
That's all you need
>>
>>341446448
THE BEST PART

NO ACTIVISION

ALL SONY

Sony as a publisher is great, Activision, not so much.

I am fucking even more excited because it's Insomniac Games. I don't even own a PS4 but out of everything, this is what might push me over the edge.
>>
>>341457375
Hail Hydra motherfucker
>>
Oh boy! Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy games!

And captain america and Thor. And more shit nobody wants.

I WANT A FUCKING DAREDEVIL GAME AND ANOTHER PUNISHER FUCK OFF WITH YOUR MOVIE SHIT MARVEL
>>
>>341453163
>Tony, we need you to bang these girls!
>Tony, we need you to stop drinking!
>Tony, we need you to get out of bed!
>Tony, we need you to remain sober while you're Iron Man!
>Tony, we need to have a talk!
>We're worried about you, Tony!
>>
File: 1462582499158.jpg (52 KB, 650x950) Image search: [Google]
1462582499158.jpg
52 KB, 650x950
>>341450186
>and sky dive out of one suit into another.
Are you that same guy that suggested that in my thread at /co/?

Because if so, you are a glorious bastard
>>
>>341455341
>street level heroes are awful
You take that back right fucking now. I'm all for heavy hitters, but street level heroes are damn good
>>
File: 1465749334085.png (119 KB, 629x403) Image search: [Google]
1465749334085.png
119 KB, 629x403
>>341457229
>Look up Raven Software
>They also made Marvel Ultimate Alliance
>They've been exclusively slaving away in the Cawadooty mines for the last six years

What the fuck, man. Fucking Activision.
>>
>>341457081
That's orange my dude

>>341456995
I'll be a star sapphire

FUCK AND FUCK
>>
File: Hexen.png (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Hexen.png
26 KB, 320x240
>>341458031
They've made a lot of games anon.
>>
>>341458145
Fuck, it's been a while since I've read Blackest Night. My bad.
>>
>>341458031
They also made JEDI FUCKING ACADEMY
>>
>>341456331
Exactly. If someone hasn't heard of fucking Born Again, how can they possibly pretend to give a fuck about the character? They just like the show. I understand that there are people who don't wanna read the comics, and that's fine too, but being a comic fan is so cancerous nowadays cause you have to deal with moviefags and pretentious people who read Wikipedia to pretend that they've read the material.
>>
File: 1465759514048.png (101 KB, 437x439) Image search: [Google]
1465759514048.png
101 KB, 437x439
>>341458196
>>341458319
Oh fuck I didn't look back that far. I didn't know they made Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, I will go commit sudoku now
>>
>>341457991
They really aren't, they are too powerful for the threats they usually face and too weak to face the threats the big guys face. Their only appeal is their shitty life and personal issues.
>>
>>341456023
There's a second season already out????
>>
So will this whole universe be Sony exclusive? Or do they plan on launching it on just one console then hoping to find a market with other games?
>>
>>341457518
>>341454035

Sony is only publishing Spider-Man as part of the deal with Marvel regarding the film rights. Everything else is multiplatform like the Telltale Marvel games. Sucker Punch are working on their own new IP or Infamous 4 from the last buzz.

>>341458564

No Sony exclusive rights deal. They said they were "Working with other publishers on a wide range of platforms".
>>
>>341457031
You made that up
>>
>>341458429
I've got it the other way around.

I've read some Spiderman, Deadpool, Xmen, Punisher, and Green Arrow and my friends call me a comic book nerd.

I haven't read shit. When they start reciting wikipedia/watchmojo knowledge I don't even know what they're talking about half the time, yet they feel like they can somehow go to me to have all their questions answered
>>
>We're going to hear more later this year
SDCC is going to be nuts
>>
>>341458541
Nigger it's been out for like 2 months
>>
File: 16416999846.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
16416999846.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>Marvel Game Universe
I don't know if I liked all this shared universe stuff. There's always that one shitty thing that holds everything else back.
>>
>>341446448
>mfw we may have a decent Iron Man game if this does good

Just make a MGSV like development side to move on developing new suits, don't just give them away as ''alternate outfits''.
>>
>>341458793
Holy shit that sounds horrible, I wouldn't be able to survive that.

Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>341458847
holy shit, I guess it's time to go full hermit this weekend
>>
>>341446448
Too bad Marvel is shit.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.