[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished a playthrough (dungeons included) of this after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: BB-The-Old-Hunters_Key-Art.0.jpg (433 KB, 1280x1809) Image search: [Google]
BB-The-Old-Hunters_Key-Art.0.jpg
433 KB, 1280x1809
I just finished a playthrough (dungeons included) of this after playing Dark Souls 3.
I have to say, this is still better.
Do you guys think Dark 3 managed to dethrone BB?
>>
I liked BB better
Neither had poise but at least in BB you were fast to make up for it.
DasIII is full of enemies that are much fast than you, unless you're using a straight sword.
>>
i was riding ds3 dick for a while, went back to BB and realized how awesome it is

now I say BB is a good bit better, but it still has problems. i'll probably drop the whole series for good and find a new thing to get into.
>>
>>341439529
no. BB was at least more... I dont know, how to put my finger on it, but it has a sort of cohesiveness that 3 doesnt have. Like, its all dark and drab and has little variety, but within it's theme, it works and does it well. Its a gothic victorian setting with lovecraftian elements, so everything fits appropriately.

DaS3 meanwhile, has 3 games worth of enviromental and world to build off of, and instead chooses to be a rehash of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls elements.

thats its biggest flaw. it isnt very original, whereas BB for all its flaws, is.

I mean, fuck, DaS3 is "castles/cathedrals everywhere", whereas the past 3 games managed to have some environmental variety to them.
>>
Bloodborne is far superior

/v/ just hates ps4 to the bone
>>
I enjoyed BB more but I wished it was longer or had more weapons.
>>
>>341439529
It never will. Bloodborne is the better game from a design and control aspect. It also doesn't give any false information to the player, such as poise and overall defense value.

Bloodborne>DS1>DeS>DS3>DS2
>>
>>341439529

The best Souls Game is Vagrant Story

But no, as >>341439828

said, plus some the reused assets from BB put me off.

Plus subjectively, gothic victorian>>>>>>grimy fantasy setting for me.
>>
>>341439828
to add to this actually, the pvp, which is what gives the game longevity, is garbage in DaS3. I hated BB's pvp, but boy, 3's made me appreciate it.

although neither will have very long lifespans. DaS3's pvp is garbage R1 longsword spam with broken poise, while at least BB tried to change up the combat by making quicksteps a thing and removing "heavy" as an option. even heavy weapons are still moderately quick.

DaS3 meanwhile, tries to copy Bloodborne's combat focus on fast attacks, while not balancing it for Dark Souls, where some weapons and armors make you heavier and slower
>>
It will be better with DLCs

BB+DLC > DaS3 > BB
>>
>>341440142
i tried to defend ds3 pvp for a while, then I just had to admit its complete shit

like wtf happened there
>>
>>341440142
also BB has paid online, which automatically kills the online. it's already fairly dead.
>>
>>341439529
Bloodborne for pc when?
>>
dropped ds3 after my first playthrough for witcher dlc and haven't looked back.
BB is miles better (only if you include the dlc, because it has fuckall replayability without it)

Chalice dungeons are pure garbage though.
>>
>>341440297
they tried to make it like bloodborne, without balancing it for Dark Souls.

so theres no poise, but at the same time, heavy weapons are not as fast as in bloodborne, so they are unviable for pvp.

heavy armor similarly, is completely unviable for pvp because all it does is slow you down and dont provide any additional benefit for being so heavy. They dont help with hyperarmor and they certainly dont give you poise.

even DARK SOULS 2 did poise and hyperarmor better than 3 does. at least in 2, wearing full havels allowed you to trade with an enemy using a fast weapon because poise was turned into hyperarmor.

but 3? hyperarmor is seperate from poise altogether
>>
>>341440297
Pvp in 3 is amazing once you hit level 150 noob.
>>
File: never ever.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>341440446
soon
>>
>>341440625
i dont wanna play that long
>>
BB > DaS > DaS3 > Demon's (not bad, but simply been improved upon greatly)
>>
File: 1464047373776.jpg (150 KB, 731x900) Image search: [Google]
1464047373776.jpg
150 KB, 731x900
IMHO Dark Souls 2 is better than 3

Bloodborne (Masterpiece) >>Dark Souls 1 (Outstanding)>>>>Demon Souls (Great Game> Dark Souls 2(Great Game)>>>Dark Souls 3 (Good Game)

You can tell Dark Souls 3 lacked creativity and any soul. The developers hearts were not into making this game. I believe they are just tired with the franchise, it's why Bloodborne was such a masterpiece, it gave the developers creative license and expand on a new IP. Dark Souls 3 was just a boring cookie cutter game that lacked heart.

My 2 cents.
>>
File: image.jpg (268 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268 KB, 960x720
Dark Souls 3 is better
>>
>>341440230
This
>>
>>341440726
The only reason you think it's shit is because you aren't good enough to get to level 150?
>>
>>341440960
>Dark 2 is better
At least Dark 3 was mostly finished.
>>
>>341441104
>leveling
>good enough

how does grinding require skill retard
>>
Dark 3 was good in terms of bosses and level design, but it didn't have anything really outstanding or mind blowing. It was generally good, but it didn't stand out that much.

Still, nothing can dethrone Dark 2 as the crowning failure of the franchise.
>>
>>341441262
I've only done 2 playthroughs mate, no grinding required.
>>
>>341441392
my point was the game is shit and i wouldnt want to do 2 playthroughs

thought that was clear...
>>
>>341441041
>Being an idort in this generation
Is it even worth it?
>>
I want a remastered BB, on PS4.5 with 60fps and 4k resolution. Game was good, but the technical things put me off.
>>
>>341441476
OK, that's fine, you're allowed your opinion mate, plz no bully.
>>
File: 1465764063116.jpg (23 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
1465764063116.jpg
23 KB, 350x351
>>341441971
>Half assing your hobby
>>
>>341440103
>Vagrant Story
>Ridiculous PS1 load times every 20 seconds
>Those same load times plague you in the menus that are tied to the core gameplay element (weapon switching)
>Enemies still take 1-3 damage per hit unless you get it just right
>All bosses are the dame because you do fuck all damage and you can't be punished unless you fall asleep and drop the 300 hit combo

No thank you.
>>
>>341439529
A lot of the Souls community is really not that into DaS3, surprisingly. For the close of the series, it's just people waiting for DLC and having PVP parties. Bloodborne is still regularly in the top three with most fans, myself included.
>>
For me DS3 felt almost like an expansion of DS2. It's not just that it lacks identity, it's the fact that the areas and designs were so bland that for the first time felt like a chore to complete the game. I've played DeS, BB and DS1 since then and the feel so good still, again and again.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.