[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on this game /v/ I want to like it because of how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
redpill me on this game /v/

I want to like it because of how much good is in it but it feels like it has equally many bad things

I think it highlights how "artificial" the difficulty in the game is if you use the "modern" control scheme in the remake where you can run into any direction without tank controls- zombies will never catch you

too bad I cant make myself use them because it would be cheating, now it just feels like I sometimes get lucky in baiting a zimbabwe and other times I get repeatedly caught and lose an hour of progress

and yes I have beaten the game 4 times, its not about not being able to get through
>>
File: 1435855958829.jpg (53 KB, 505x533) Image search: [Google]
1435855958829.jpg
53 KB, 505x533
>>341429524
>redpill me on this game /v/
>>
>>341429524
>redpill
>''artificial difficulty''
>even thinking of using modern control scheme
>dying to anything but unlucky Chimera
fag
>>
>>341429524

>redpill me on a video game
>controls are artificial difficulty

Holy shit kill yourself you dumb faggot.

Controls are not artificial difficulty they are design choices. For fucks sake. ANd yes the modern control scheme is casual shit which breaks the game, I knew this before it was even implemented which why I always argued with fuckwit retards who hated tank controls. If you remove the tank controls it would break the fucking game so badly.

Do you think playing chess is artificial difficulty because you can't move your panws like a queen?
>>
>>341430002
>>341429814
Are you 14?

The controls ARE the definition of an artificial difficulty barrier applied to the game, which is, as I said, highlighted by how easy the game is without gimped controls

the ninja gaiden games are genuinely difficult but with perfect controls
>>
>>341430135
>Are you 14?
>The controls ARE the definition of an artificial difficulty barrier applied to the game, which is, as I said, highlighted by how easy the game is without gimped controls
Fuck off. The game's near unplayable with the 2D controls.
3D Control Scheme, AKA "tank controls", are the ONLY valid, enjoyable way of playing this kind of surivval-horror games with static camera angles. There's nothing "difficult" about them, they just work.
>the ninja gaiden games are genuinely difficult but with perfect controls
Totally different playing style and genre, so null point.
>>
>>341430135

Are you 14?

>perfect controls.

No fuck you. Perfect controls are contextual to what the game wants to achieve. At the start of a game, every single game, you can run around at a million miles an hour and go through walls and everything like in debug mode. Devs have to sit there and figure out what they want you to be able to do, and what they want you to be unable to do. They hone the controls custom for what they want the game to feel like.

Ninja Gaiden has perfect controls, for Ninja Gaiden. Put them in RE and it would be shit, and vice versa. REmake has perfect controls for REmake. The problem is you have now had the veil of immersion lifted and are aware how much controls contribute to the mechanics and feeling of a game because Capcom are fuckwits and including a gamebreaking casual control scheme because bitchs could not handle a 3D control system and wanted gay 2D shit.
>>
File: 1461357249366.png (545 KB, 855x476) Image search: [Google]
1461357249366.png
545 KB, 855x476
>>341430295
>3D Control Scheme, AKA "tank controls", are the ONLY valid, enjoyable way of playing this kind of surivval-horror games with static camera angles.

agreed

> There's nothing "difficult" about them,

and then you went retarded

you sound genuinely stupid because you literally have the proof right in front of your eyes, the modern controls precisely break the game because it was designed around gimped controls, unlike something like DMC with the same camera angles but real controls

the whole difficulty in the game is oh noo the zimbabwe comes oh noo i cant turn around fast enough before it lunges

something like RE4 also has tank controls but atleast it removed other barriers of artificial difficulty, such as literal RNG in popping heads

>>341430527
see above kid

you can design the controls around the game as you should but in the case of resident evil the only remotely challenging thing is the controls themselves

also the RNG I mentioned, it sure feels like im being good when sometimes 2 bullets make a head explode and other times it takes an entire magazine to kill a pachinko
>>
>>341429524
You just might need to play the original. REmake is excellent but it is very much a Japanese game. Which means half the fun comes from playing as a hot chick in a tight ass police uniform running around a spooky mansion. Everything after that is a bonus.

The psx original is more straight to the point.
>>
>>341429524
>redpill
Fuck off you edgy Matrix faggot
>>
>>341430002
>Controls are not artificial difficulty they are design choices
This isn't true. They didn't quite know how to present the character in a 3D space yet.
>>
>>341430810
>in the case of resident evil the only remotely challenging thing is the controls themselves

Okay I see your problem. Some people have a very hard time seeing and understanding a 3D space in their minds. These people cannot play classic RE they are fucking shit at it. You are one of them.

So no, sorry it's not artificial difficulty. It's just you are bad. RE's tank controls are genuinely easy for me. Literally takes like 5 minutes to learn the controls and it feels natural as fuck. I tried the modern control scheme and it's actually harder because the movements are dependent on the camera view and the rules of direction constantly change. Nothing is logical it's all over the place. Tank controls have a consistency to their movement, and if you can see things from your characters mind eye, manoeuvring with tank controls becomes graceful asn easy as fuck.

Like for example.

>the whole difficulty in the game is oh noo the zimbabwe comes oh noo i cant turn around fast enough before it lunges

That never happens with me. Ever. It took me a while to figure out why people had this happen to them when for me it was always natural, I didn't even have to think which direction to push, I had the whole 3D environment mapped out in my head. This is what the devs were going for.

Play RE with tank control feels as natural and easy as playing a FPS game honestly. It's nothing about skill it's simply having an ability to visualise 3D spaces well.
>>
>>341431492
You should go back and read/watch a bunch of interviews done by the devs.
The deliberate design choice has been confirmed muiltiple times in the last TWENTY fucking years.
>>
>>341431542
>and if you can see things from your characters mind eye

Fuck, sorry I meant if you can't see things from your characters POV in your minds eye
>>
>>341431542
Except the controls are literally easy as fuck for me to use, the problem is that getting past zombies requires you to bait an attack 99% of the time and you have to do it with the terrible, sluggish controls
>>
>>341431668
Didn't say it wasn't deliberate, but it was definitely made as a lesser choice due to what was possible at the time.

There's a reason games don't control exactly like that anymore.
>>
>>341430810

I'm confused about your RNG point. Crits are present in both 4 and the originals. But regardless of that, why are they a bad thing? I don't understand this recent trend of any sort of random element getting called out as being bad, it's like when "LINEAR" kept being cited as a bad thing in reviews and comments years ago, and all we got out of it were more equally tedious open world games.
>>
>>341432070
in 4 you can actually aim for the head, in remake where bullets are much more scarce, its much more annoying to not get criticals, especially when it leads you to having to also fucking burn the body
>>
>>341429524
any more buzzwords in this post and youd be 2nd man on moon
>>
>>341431736

Use quick turn then. Also that isn't artificial difficulty.

I honestly don't know what your problem is. REmake is bad because the controls are tightly designed around making you feel vulnerable in a tight situation. I think they were going for how in an emergency people freeze up for a second or so. They don't want you to be to nimble. The controls in REmake are honestly brilliant.

>>341431797
>There's a reason games don't control exactly like that anymore.

Because people are casual bitches. I wish games controlled like that again. New games have become so standardized I hate it. A game having unique controls really adds to the feeling of a game so much.
>>
>>341430810
New controls breaking the game has nothing to do with the "difficulty" of the originals. Literally apples and oranges.

I've seen some literal first times master the controls within five minutes.

>>341432140
No, they're not. They're a random bonus that are always welcome when they happen, like winning at a lottery.
>>
>>341431736
Yes, because it's a deliberate limit on player mobility to enhance the threat of (realistically) rather unthreatening enemies.

>>341431797
>Controls are not artificial difficulty they are design choices
>This isn't true. They didn't quite know how to present the character in a 3D space yet.
They are both artificial difficulty and a deliberate design choice. It wasn't a case of they didn't know better at the time. They chose a more limited approach for the reasons above.

Because at some point 3D spacial reasoning went down the shitter and too many people can't cope with different control schemes.
>>
>>341429524
dude it sounds like you already got an opion. you think its good but the controls are shit. so, there you go! what do you want from us? our opinion on how your opinion and everyone else's is wrong too?

getddafugaddaheeereaah!
>>
>>341431797
bullshit. They could have just gone the way many games already did, and utilize 2D control scheme. The 3D scheme just makes maneuvering in static camera-angles MUCH easier.

Seriously, the 2D control scheme "breaks" the game, because it's as extreme change as adding Jumping to old Doom games.

Yeah: shooters rule the industry, and anything that does not follow CoD / AssCreed control scheme is instantly shunned by kids. And AAA publishers hate scaring off their most beloved paying customers.
>>
>>341432402
>>341433550
Tank controls are there to make up for the fixed camera. The fixed camera is there for the pre-rendered backgrounds which are there because the PS1 could only do so much.
>>
>>341433550
dont worry. used to be that way with fighting games in the 90s. fps'es have already reached their popularity breaking point.
>>
>>341433837
That's an excuse for directions to be independant of the camera, not an excuse for tank controls specifically.

Static camera does not stop them from making left/right into move left/right instead of turn left/right.
>>
REs original controls is artificial difficulty but it fits the pacing of the game ten times better than alternate
>>
>>341429524
What? I don't understand. The modern "action" controls are so imprecise compared to tank.

Who the fuck honestly prefers that shit? Tank a best for fixed camera games.
>>
>>341434435
Why the fuck would left/right ever be forward/backward?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.