[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Showed the most games >had the ONLY EXCLUSIVES How can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1465950770023.png (465 KB, 1152x976) Image search: [Google]
1465950770023.png
465 KB, 1152x976
>Showed the most games
>had the ONLY EXCLUSIVES
How can anybody unironically believe that sony wasn't the clear winner?

Nintendo babbies are just embarrassing themselves now - They're so utterly delusional that they believe 2 GAMES is an acceptable showing in any circumstances, let alone one that can beat something so packed with new games like Sony's conference
>>
>>341419009
Jesus Christ, I didn't even watch any of them and it all looks mediocre and cookie cutter as shit.
>>
>>341419009
You forgot Bound, which was the most interesting game Sony presented, at least for me.
>>
File: 1465937770059.jpg (197 KB, 769x754) Image search: [Google]
1465937770059.jpg
197 KB, 769x754
>>341419009
The only interesting things were

looked interesting, must see more/test it
>Quake Champions
>Prey
>Trials
>steep
>Recore
>We Happy Few
>Fe
>Gwent (not my thing but it looked alright)
>Sea of Thieves (maybe)
>Last Guardian

seems to be fun
>Dishonored 2
>South Park
>For Honor
>Horizon
>Pokemon (well it's Pokemon)

was a surprise, and looks good
>Zelda
>>
>Microsoft is turning Xbox into a platform with a focus on PC gaming
How is that not exciting? Microsoft might make PC gaming accessible to normies.
>>
That's actually eye opening that PS4 console is the only console during E3 that came out with the most amount of new ip's but also exclusive games
>>
>>341419009
>How can anybody unironically believe that sony wasn't the clear winner?
Because all of their games were either shit or didn't have any gameplay. Plus only one of their exclusives had a fucking release date.
>>
>>341419009
>the most games

yeah but those are shit, except for Lego Star Wars, I prefer Bethesda
>>
>>341419009
Surely you understand where nintendo fans are coming from 2 good games > 10 average games (not to say that this is the case).
>>
>>341419009
>had the only exclusives
>The only other company with it's own console is nintendo
>>
>>341420174
>didn't have any gameplay

Gameplay trailers are still gameplay. You can't demo every single game when you have so much to show off.
>>
>>341420379

Both of the 2 (two) games they showed were multiplats
>>
Titanfall 2
Prey
Battlefield 1
Both GoW 4s
We Happy Few
Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Gwent
And CoD 4 remastered were the only interesting things shown. This E3 sucked massive dick this year.
>>
>>341420629
>Halo Wars 2
>interesting
>>
>>341419009
Im liking this non-exclusive stuff. Now everyone can play and enjoy vidya no matter what they own. its just too bad sony dont want everyone to have fun.
>>
>>341419009
>ONLY EXCLUSIVES
* also on PC
>>
>>341420742
Halo Wars 1 was pretty good for being a console RTS so not only is 2 so far in what I've played seem fairly improved i can now be played on PC thankfully.
>>
>>341420742
Considering the head of 343 called console players casuals at the PC gaming show and talked about making it perfect for PC then porting it down to console, I think it'll be decent.
>>
>>341419009
But winning the special olympics isn't something to be proud of anon?
>>
>>341419009
>Showed
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""showed""""""""""""""""""""" a lot of """"""""""""""""""""""""""games"""""""""""""""""""""""

ftfy fampai
>>
File: 1464200215689.png (208 KB, 837x881) Image search: [Google]
1464200215689.png
208 KB, 837x881
>buy cod infinite warfare
>mfw the campaign had an ending
>>
>>341420086

PC gaming has been normie central for over 10 years
>>
File: 1465762912286964.png (174 KB, 768x545) Image search: [Google]
1465762912286964.png
174 KB, 768x545
>>341419009
Only things I'm looking forwards to is Gwent and Andromeda.

I really don't know why Bethesda showed up, they stretched "We ruined a game and we're selling pre-modded Skyrim" into a whole fucking hour and a half.

EA was just terrible.
>>
>>341421421
And Microsoft is making it as accessible as iOS games are with Windows 10.
>>
>>341419009
Pokemon for wiiu ? oooooooook anon
>>
>>341419009
Zelda is better than all of those

Why? It's Zelda, duh
>>
File: 1449419058340.jpg (16 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1449419058340.jpg
16 KB, 268x265
>>341419009
https://discord.gg/012UrDuZq91PS6hXO
>>
>>341419009
>Nintendo babbies are just embarrassing themselves now - They're so utterly delusional that they believe 2 GAMES is an acceptable showing in any circumstances, let alone one that can beat something so packed with new games like Sony's conference
you should stop making those threads and go to bed, kid
>>
>>341419009
I honestly stopped giving a shit about Nintendos newer games since Starfox Zero. That game controls like a piece of shit.
>>
>>341420163
Yeah, anyone that bashes the leading console company for actually making new IPs is an idiot.

Look at what happened last gen. Microsoft got the lead, and everything was Gears/Halo/Forza/Fable on repeat. Not to mention the standard yearly 3rd party stuff (and even a price hike in XBL right before CoD:MW2's launch).

The true mark of innovation is taking risks, and Sony is at the forefront. While it's possible to innovate in an existing franchise (Zelda is taking steps, also God of War has shifted drastically), it takes some serious confidence and restraint to not shit out the same game every year.

People complain about games being rehashed. People complain about games not being rehash.

Just play the vidya and stop bitching. If a game sucks, the solution is to move on. Everyone has different expectations based on experience, and everyone acts like they know everything about every game thanks to YouTube.

TLDR: blind fanboyism gets you nowhere
>>
>>341419009
Your exclusives don't mean jack shit if they all look like fucking garbage. And none of Sony's exclusives look interesting. At least Zelda had some depth to it. But I guess quantity > quality for you Sonytenyearolds.
>>
>>341419009

>nintendo showed up with two games
>still won
>>
File: image.png (98 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98 KB, 300x225
>>341422270
I'm gonna stop you right there man.

Everything shown in Zelds has been done before. Wall climbing? In world weapon looting? Gathering? Pushing boulders? Exploration? These are defining traits of the new Zelda. If I didn't include that caveat, you'd think I was talking about Uncharted, or Monster Hunter, or Metal Gear, or Tomb Raider, or the Witcher, etc.

If Zelda perfects these aspects, great! It's not innovative, just polished and worthwhile.

Do you know what game people bash on here for doing that exact same thing? Uncharted 4. If you disagree with this point, then you're extremely biased and should try to take a step back and look through a critical lens.

There was no "Winner" at E3. Biggest surprises came from Sony's booth. That's about it. God of Souls of the Last of Us looked vexing and interesting. Horizon is going to be neat. No clue what Kojima was smoking, but that's ok. RE looked decent, I'll check the demo. Gravity Rush 2 is exactly what I expect from a sequel. FFXV was surprisingly worse than I could've imagined. Crash Bandicoot is getting remastered, which I give zero shits about. The Last Guardian has a date. Sony managed to ruffle everyone's feathers by showing games. They even rused everyone into thinking the new CoD was something else entirely. No fluff talking. The dude was clearly on coke and overwhelmed by the orchestra.

If all that isn't the hallmark of a good conference then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>341419009

As PC fag, I think Sony won
>>
Sony might've showed most games, but nothing on that list is exacly amazing. When did E3 become so boring?
>>
>>341423563

Since you grew up.

I'm pretty hyped for Bannerlord though. Best moment of E3 for me

>those sieges

My dick is ready
>>
>>341423285
Uncharted gets bashed for being a movie, not for copying already existing gameplay types.

What makes the new Zelda interesting, at least to me, is that it might manage to combine classic open world rpg elements with classic Zelda gameplay, which is something I've been craving for since WW disappointed me on many levels.

Not trying to bash Uncharted though and I agree with your post otherwise.
I think Horizon looks great and Bound interests me very much.

Overwall this E3 was pretty mediocre though, definitely worse than the last one.
>>
>>341420754
Wrong. You need win10.
Basically PConsole.
Fuck M$
>>
>>341419009
>sony wasn't the clear winner?

Does Sony have Dead Rising? No? Then they haven't won a damn thing in my eyes.
>>
>>341419009
>ubisoft showed half of the ammount of games for wii nintendo did.
>>
>>341421843

Stop this.
>>
wow it's fucking nothing.

the only new IP i am slightly interested in is For Honor
>>
>>341419009
Wait, since when is the new pokemon coming to Wiiu?
>>
>>341423669
didnt u notice those terrible animations and literally empty castles with no props in them ?
>>
File: Sonyyger.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Sonyyger.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>341419009
I'm a PS4 owner and I agree that the 2 games that Nintendo showed shat over any cinematic """GAME""" shown at sony's conference.
>>
>>341423797
>movie
No. Uncharted 4 is the definition of a formula done right. The "movie" meme is nuts. There's exploration and exposition in between the easy puzzles and tight shooting (best in the series yet). Every shootout is practically a playground, unless you play it like some decade old cover shooter (which it allows, but doesn't encourage). Pleasantly surprised at the lack of bullet sponges and enemy crowds for the sake of challenge. Strategic enemy placement with flank points is probably something ND learned from TLOU.

Yeah, first 7 chapters out of 23 had a lot of backstory and emphasis on the mundane life of Nathan Drake. It succeeded there as evidenced by all the complaining.

I'm not giving it a free pass for having a story, because it was told in a not so great way (past games have done it better), but it's still miles ahead of most "quality, story heavy" games today. I didn't care about any story elements aside from the direct Nathan/Elena dynamic.

Not gonna say play it and all that, but if you have the opportunity it's great. So far it's single player GOTY. Don't let /v/ or a first hour lets play get to you.
>>
>>341425646
>cinematic """GAME"""

sony brah please. god of war, days gone, horizon were all open-ish action/rpg games and objectively a gen ahead, in both gameplay & graphics. we are treating nintendo like the retarded child in class.
>>
>>341426226
God of war... like all the other god of wars would be a 12 hour campaign without the cuhrazy gameplay of the DMC series. You play it once and you put it down. Days Gone looks doesn't have much going for it except for the open world. We don't know enough about it to understand whether it has enough depth. The story and main character in it look bland as fuck The Walking Dead tier. Horizon is the only thing that can possibly compete but still... we don't know how big the world is and whether it has enough gameplay mechanics like Zelda.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.