[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much will it cost?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: playstation-45_0.jpg (34 KB, 569x320) Image search: [Google]
playstation-45_0.jpg
34 KB, 569x320
How much will it cost?
>>
$599

Obviously
>>
File: 15478235978325.png (6 KB, 279x254) Image search: [Google]
15478235978325.png
6 KB, 279x254
>>341350732
Please no, not again
>>
>>341350448

Most likely $450

Has anyone heard anything about trade in programs?

I was hearing microsoft talk about the sorpio having all this computing power and developers really able to do VR and run games at high res naively. They also talk about people with the old systems having the same experience since all upcoming games will also be available for the old console. Sony is also saying similar things which implies that they wont be accepting trade-ins. So how the fuck is everyone going to have the same experience when the newer versions are much more powerful? Will people really eat this shit up and buy it, or even worse, buy the console twice?

No one is going to have a shittier looking, lower resolution/texture version of a game.

Has anyone heard about any trade in programs?
>>
Depends, Microsoft drew first so Sony has a few ways to respond.

1) Do better specs than them, cost won't really matter if they 1-up Microsoft, especially with Sony's current amazing social reception. This is very hard/impossible to do if the Neo is already close to finalised.

2) be weaker, but MUCH cheaper. They would have to sell at a large loss, but if they could undercut Microsoft by a couple hundred dollars, they'll once again easily win the support of the community. Mainstream audiences are sucking Sony's dick with any excuse this gen.

3) Have the Neo barely be an improvement, maybe it plays 4K blu-ray and has better harddrive buses, but no discernible improvement in games performance. Then harp on and on about how they don't want to betray thier early adopters and the dangers of a split community. then BTFO Microsoft with an actual Ps5 in a few years. This is risky though because modern consumers are fucking dullards who get excited about spending money on upgrades, and convincing them that Sony are good guys for not doing a ".5" console (even if they totally planned to) might be a Challange.

I want option 3, but I suspect option 2 is more likely.
>>
I just got a Samsung 4k TV yesterday, so now I'm looking forward to these.

I'll be able to trade in my xbone for the scorpio no problem, but trading in my PS4 is going to be an issue, since I still have P.T. on the HDD. I'll have to back it up somehow before getting the 4.5
>>
>>341350448
>People still believe this thing is real

No E3 reveal=No existence
>>
>>341353341

So, despite the fact that Sony said it was real... it's not actually real, and they lied, because it wasn't at E3? Fucking what?
>>
>>341352245
>but if they could undercut Microsoft by a couple hundred dollars

The S is already 299, if they go 199 it be in the range of the vita. Which make no damn sense.
>>
>>341353985
It's not the S the Neo have to compete with but Scorpio and its 9 teraflops something something.
>>
The old one will be 299 or 249
>>
>>341353341
ur dum
>>
Five Hundred Ninety Nine US Dollars
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.