[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E3 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: sad-teddy-bear-window.jpg (76 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
sad-teddy-bear-window.jpg
76 KB, 640x426
>Shooters
>Indie stuff
>Zombie stuff
>Kind of Shooters
>VR
>Sports
>Part 2-10

Where are my RPGs? My RTS? My adventures? My Turn-based Strategy? What the MMOs? Where is the simulation? New genres?

Are they afraid to make new stuff?
>>
>>341255374
>Are they afraid to make new stuff?
yes
new stuff makes no money
>>
>>341255374
>tfw my favorite genre are rpg and rts
>I only live to suffer
>>
>>341255374
>RPGs
Tyrannt
>RTS
DoW III
>My adventures? My Turn-based Strategy? What the MMOs?
Dead genres, had their peak of popularity decades ago
>Where is the simulation?
German sims do not belong in E3
>New genres
Steep
>Are they afraid to make new stuff?
Make up your mind, what do you want, new stuff or rehashed ideas from the 80s. You bitch about VR ideas like eagle racing and Star Trek coop bridge commander.
>>
>literally expecting new genres in 2016

Maybe VR will give us a new genre. MAYBE. But probably not.
>>
>>341255374
>RTS

Halo Wars 2.
>>
>>341255852

I feel you, bro.

>>341256250
>RTS for dudebro audience

Can you even call that an RTS?
>>
>>341255374
>RPGs? My RTS? My adventures? My Turn-based Strategy? What the MMOs?
Who really wants that gay shit?
>>
>>341256369
Like it or not that's the only one announced. Most people don't care about that genre anymore.
>>
>rpg, adventures

well there's Final fantasy xv, i heard you can play that one without playing the previous ones, since it's different every series, (i never play ANY final fantasy games before, and i might try that one)
>>
>>341255374
>My RTS

PC game show.
>>
>>341256369
>it doesn't appeal to me so it's not a real game !!
You're retarded.
>>
>>341256369
Dawn of War 3.
>>
>>341255374
>RPG
FFXV

>RTS
Halo Wars 2

>Adventures
Zelda, Zero Horizon

>Turn Based Strategy
South Park game

>MMO
Elder Scrolls Online :^)

>Simulation
that new VR Star Trek game?

>New genres
Ubisoft's bird game
>>
>>341255374
Traditional RTS is dead.

Audience got better alternatives, from squad/platoon leader games, to Grand Strategy. Total War is the closest you'll have to RTS

Base building/single dudes micro/worker controlling is a relic of the past and DoW III will suffer a lot from trying to be DoW
>>
>>341255374
>Where are my RPGs?
Dishonored passes for one, enjoy!
>My RTS?
There haven't been many lately, can't say it's unexpected.
>My adventures?
Maybe they've given up its market share to telltale, and may license their IPs to them to make some extra cash off of them. Stay tuned for the release of the soon-to-be iconic Watch Dogs Episodes.
>My Turn-based Strategy?
LOL fgt 2 boring 4 me xP
>What the MMOs?
Well it's not like there have been many good ones lately either.
>Where is the simulation?
Uhmm... dunno
>New genres?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Ck4JoW_W0AAAEKT.png (514 KB, 874x594) Image search: [Google]
Ck4JoW_W0AAAEKT.png
514 KB, 874x594
>mfw i was expecting Wargame 2
M-maybe at Gamescom
>>
>>341255374
>where are my shit genre
finally dead.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.