[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: T&T_cover_art.png (2 MB, 1581x1457) Image search: [Google]
T&T_cover_art.png
2 MB, 1581x1457
So, I just finished T&T. I liked the game overall, and felt it was a pretty good end to the trilogy. The Mask DeMasque case was a little annoying, but I especially enjoyed the final case.

I plan on starting Apollo Justice now. How does it compare to the other three games?
>>
File: 1450265789138.jpg (22 KB, 350x329) Image search: [Google]
1450265789138.jpg
22 KB, 350x329
>>341254653
>but I especially enjoyed the corpse pendulum and a ghost in the courtroom
>>
>>341254969
Well, yeah, some of it was stupid, but it completed the story with the characters that had been building over the games. I guess that's why I liked it.
>>
>>341255294
Those are just minor blunders.
The actual plot makes the last case in T&T easily the worst written case in the series.
>Godot wants revenge on a fucking ghost who's already dead
>to do so he plans to murder the medium who'll be channelling it
>the ONLY people in the entire world capable of doing so is his beloved's little sister, cousin, or her mother
Nothing of that would happen if he'd just destroy the note to Pearl he found.
>>
>>341255978
Honestly, Godot was the only part of the case that annoyed me. You're right, everything surrounding him at the end is just coincidence or has plot holes.
>>
>>341254653
Maya is a qt. Hope you enjoy noticing just how badly Wright needs her to bounce off for the next two games.
>>
>>341254653
>fucking killer of 6-1
I want all of Ace Attorney animated. Any chances they'll continue after they're done with the second game?
>>
>>341257445
Wait, the anime covers the first two games both?
>>
>>341257445
I assume they will, there's no reason to stop
>>
Just finished Justice for All myself, loving the games so far. How does the series hold up after the original trilogy, and are the edgeworth games any good?
>>
>>341257715
Yep. First cour is ending in two episodes, then the anime is heading to JFA.
>>341257918
First Edgeworth game is completely forgettable. Second is great. Opinions on the post-trilogy games vary. There are as many fans as there are haters, so I guess you'll have to try them out yourself.
>>
>>341258224
Nice. I hope they won't botch up 2-4.
How QUALITY is it? I only saw the opening, but it was enough for me.
>>
>>341254653

The reason you liked that final case so much is because it was meant to be a satisfying conclusion to the original trilogy. But Capcom said "naw bruh wait this thing prints money let's do more" and got Apollo Justice.

Don't get me wrong, after all that's happened I'm still very in touch with the franchise and it's still too deeply rooted in my history with games and otherwise, but they should've stopped after T&T.

In any case, Apollo Justice is a dividing point. For worst game people often debate JFA, AJ, and DD. JFA because of the awful first three cases, AJ because of the awful last three cases with an awful lack of plot resolve anywhere at the end, and DD because it was too easy/wacky even for Ace Attorney standards.

Personally I think of it as T&T > AA > AAI2 > DD > JFA >= AAI > AJ, but you'll see many people who disagree within their own reason. It's at least nice to know the series garners so much individual interest nonetheless.

Oh and while I'm at it, play 999 and Ghost Trick. They're the other must-play DS VNs and both of them individually far outstrip any part of the AA series' best by miles.
>>
File: 1462641359419.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1462641359419.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>341259129
>Ghost Trick
Man I loved that game
Too bad it's when I realized that the team is pretty much being held back by AA with how good Ghost Trick came out
Second game when?
>>
>>341259945
Not everything needs a sequel.
>AA and GT are set in the same universe
>the Phantom from DD is a spy of the blue skinned nation
>>
>>341259129
Your point about T&T makes sense, I guess I'll just have to play through the others to see how things are. I'll check out those other games too.
>>
>>341254653
I really liked Apollo Justice, op. I seem to only really remember the first couple of cases tho. Especially liked the first one because it was really logic based and had a lot of strong linear reasoning and didn't rely too much on hail Mary bullshit guessing. Didn't love then end of it tho. Overall it was just kind of refreshing to have a different character and a new gameplay mechanic of reading people's nervous ticks, like a poker player.
>>
>>341259945

>Second game when?

Hopefully never. It's one of those instances where a game is perfectly fine by itself and doesn't need anything touching it to taint its legacy.
>>
>>341254653
Of the main series (as in, not counting AAI), you just played the best one. Apollo Justice has some really weak cases and an anti-climatic conclusion, but it's still good overall. Don't play DD or 6, they're both absolute trash not worthy of the Ace Attorney name.
>>
>>341259129
>JFA because of the awful first three cases
The spirit channeling stuff was pretty stupid, but otherwise Case 2 wasn't that bad.
Also we got a god tier reminiscence theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LiIZ3M8jM
>>
>>341262514
Agreed, 2-2 is pretty solid. And Turnabout Big Top isn't nearly as bad as people always say.
>>
Anyone know how the newest game is being received in Japan?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.