[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XBOX ONE - PROJECT SCORPIO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 16
File: project scorpio.jpg (268 KB, 1079x626) Image search: [Google]
project scorpio.jpg
268 KB, 1079x626
>Gaming without boundaries
>No more generations
>Console updates every few years
That's it. They are going to kill traditional consoles and consoles in general. There's a reason WHY there are console generations. People bought consoles to be done with it for a time and didn't need to bother with anything. They only need to buy the games. Console updates will inevitably kill this concept. Nobody is going to buy into consoles anymore knowing they are obsolete in a few years. Nobody wants to play inferior versions. They are digging their own grave and Sony is following them.

This will literally be the videogame crash 2.0
>>
File: qq.png (600 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
qq.png
600 KB, 1200x675
With more and more devs going multiplatform (even japanese ones), this will further strengthen the mentality people have, that PC might be the best place to play. Consoles are willingly giving up their advantages for incompetent devs like Bethesda who need more "power" for their games. Fact is: These devs will ALWAYS be incompetent. Give them more power and they will just long for even MORE. Power is literally not the problem with consoles this generations. 1080p with 60fps is possible. You just have to reduce graphical effects a bit and not be incompetent.
Console updates will change nothing. Games wont be suddenly better. Nothing will change. People will just stop buying consoles.
>>
File: PS4-Sales-730x411.jpg (35 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
PS4-Sales-730x411.jpg
35 KB, 730x411
Console players dont care about top of the line hardware but they care about dumbed down versions. Just see the minor differences in resolution between PS4 and Xbone in some games. This will be nothing compared to what is coming. Incompetent devs focusing on the strong hardware and dumbing down their games for the weaker consoles making them looking like literal dogshit or with constant drops to like ~15 fps will be the norm. Nobody wants to play this. ANd these people wont buy the next console update. They will just stop buying consoles at all.

History will repeat itself. The video game industry blew up and the bubble will burst once again.
>>
File: 2940996-phil.jpg (19 KB, 593x295) Image search: [Google]
2940996-phil.jpg
19 KB, 593x295
Here is what people and even the companies themself don't understand: After the last generation, people had trust, especially in Sony. They supported their PS3, even when it did bad in the beginning, from start to finish. Like 8 fucking years or something like that. They had trust. And this is why they bought the PS4 RIGHT FROM THE START. Even without systemseller games. That's why they sold 40 millions of them until now. But you can't repeat this every 2 or 3 years. Consoles are not smartphones. People will lose their trust and stop buying them. There will be retards who don't care or like the idea of console updates every few years but that is not the majority.
They should have builded on the strong start of this generation and focussed on the GAMES. Instead they do this shit, which will inevitably make them lose people who will buy their GAMES. Literally the next videogame crash.
>>
>>341147505
This, game developers don't understand the technology till late in a consoles life. Even when they design for PC originally they have fuck all optimization.

This generation of developers don't design the game to go from out of the box, they believe in future patch updates to fix their shit up with final touches.

Instead of using that time for the next game, they'll even cut content and re-add it as DL stuff.
>>
>>341147380
>Nobody is going to buy into consoles anymore knowing they are obsolete in a few years.
But that's exactly how things have always been you idiot
>Nobody wants to play inferior versions.
For more than 10 years the inferior versions of multiplatform titles have been the console versions.

Buying a game once and not having to worry about backwards compatibility, being able to play on PC or console, chosing when to upgrade to the new one when you feel like it's worth it etc. all of this sounds great, it's insane how you manage to twist it into something bad for the consumer.
>>
Youre right OP. I was a console Kid all my life. After this trainwreck i will just update my PC.
>>
this sort of makes sense. I didn't understand how consoles in the modern era can only be updated once every 5-6 years when people lop up $700 mobile phones annually. Not calling for annual console releases but drastically shorter gens are healthy for the games industry.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
>>341148331
>But that's exactly how things have always been you idiot
No. 2 or 3 years until an performance update is not the same than 5+ years.

>For more than 10 years the inferior versions of multiplatform titles have been the console versions.
Yes. And they have all been playable except ports from incompetent developers. This will make things so much worse, that nobody wants to play the dumbed down console versions anymore. The games wont be optimzed anymore. Consoles will lose their advantages for nothing in return.

>Buying a game once and not having to worry about backwards compatibility, being able to play on PC or console, chosing when to upgrade to the new one when you feel like it's worth it etc. all of this sounds great, it's insane how you manage to twist it into something bad for the consumer.
Young people or people with literally zero foresight might think so. But this wont make anything better. It will kill (console) gaming.
>>
6 Teraflops!
>>
>>341147380
There has only been one console generation that lasted more than 4 years, my underage friend. People were fine upgrading from their Xbox to an Xbox 360 after 4 years. The difference now is you get the benefit of built in backward and forward compatibility.
>>
if you have 1.5Teraflop for 1080p gaming, this means that 4K need 6T or less is enough?
>>
>>341149259
>you get the benefit of built in backward and forward compatibility.

Wait what? Is that true? Why are people complaining then? What the fuck is wrong with this?
>>
>>341147380
How is this any different than normal console generations?
Now that it's all integrated in one operating system, we can play games these "generations".
Consoles are designed for couch gaming for folk who don't want to bother upgrading individual components and want a gaming experience in one neat, tidy package. That's it.
>>
>>341149068
It won't kill console gaming stop exaggerating. And it's not 2-3 years, it's 4 same as Xbox to 360.
Playing on console has meant playing the dumbed down version for a long time now.
>>
>>341149516
Theoretically, you will be able to play a new game in 2020 on your 2013 Xbox One. If they keep going with this boundary shit.

I feel console games are about to get mild graphics options next year
>>
>>341149259
>There has only been one console generation that lasted more than 4 years

This is wrong.
>>
>>341149436
Yep. There is literally nothing wrong with this. People are being retarded.
>>
>>341149308
yes but at 30 fps and medium settings
>>
File: 1451154314414.jpg (57 KB, 482x499) Image search: [Google]
1451154314414.jpg
57 KB, 482x499
>>341147380
>This will literally be the videogame crash 2.0
I'm hoping for it since 2010.
I want this media to die, burned down to ashes like it happened back in the 80's.
Then some new savior will rise from the ashes, and give it a new life, like Nintendo did back then.
Then this Savior, this "Gaming Messiah" will eventually live long enough to become the villain, and the cycle shall repeat itself.
>>
>>341147380
The whole mobile industry would like a word with you.

Face it, most gamers are retards just like the mobile community, they WILL buy the new hit console every few years.
You think these fucking companies never did at least BASIC research on this before committing to it?

They'll likely even bring out subs to offset the cost.
Some sort of bundled PS+ / XBone Gold and a little extra to pay for the console over the few years.
>>
>>341149259
This. Generations are typically short. The previous one was absurdly long. 2017 is the perfect time for a new gen.
>>
>>341147380
MS just hates games.
>>
Phones, cars, televisions do it all the time. Why not consoles?
>>
>>341149436
pretty damn true. with both sony and microsoft switching over to normal pc gpu and cpu cores vs weird custom chips like most older consoles(the original xbox had an nvidia gpu and ran direct x like a pc) there will no longer be any need for cumbersome rewrites of code for backwards compatability. just like you can usually play old ass pc games because they ran on similar hardware and direct x, the new console generations will have the same level of comparability save the need for driver fixes from devs.
>>
Thats their masterplan to replace gaming PC slowly.

windows 10 was the first step, it all makes sense really.

if you think this is going to fail you're fucking retarded.

Its genius, and I bet Sony doesnt mind at all, because they will keep marketing their product as The true console, while MS struggles to convert die hard PC gamers to buy a fully closed system ( ala Apple ) you wont be able to modify on your own oustide of the few allowed hardware upgrades every year or so, but in the end people will buy it because they want novelty.

At least its far more interesting to see how it develops rather than waiting for xbox 3 and ps5.

Meanwhile I'll be over there with my trusty PC.
>>
>>341147380
Well blame Nintendo for shortening the life cycle with the announcement of NX and constant 3DS revisions also blame Nintendgaffer for making it "okay" simply because Nintendo does it. Now Microsoft and Sony is now reacting on their business model.
>>
File: Hopeless.jpg (18 KB, 350x245) Image search: [Google]
Hopeless.jpg
18 KB, 350x245
>>341149787
Same here fambalai. I cannot wait for gaems to die. I want to get off this ride as soon as possible, it's just that my willpower is pathetic for me to get off on my own.
>>
File: 44442.jpg (32 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
44442.jpg
32 KB, 940x529
>>341149259
>There has only been one console generation that lasted more than 4 years, my underage friend
PS1 Release: 3. Dezember 1994
PS2 Release: 4. March 2000
PS3 Release: 11. November 2006
PS4 Release: 22. February 2014

I guess you are the underage here.

>People were fine upgrading from their Xbox to an Xbox 360 after 4 years.
The OG Xbox sold like shit. And Microsoft needed to get their console out before Sony does. That's literally why there are only 4 years inbetween.

>Wait what? Is that true? Why are people complaining then? What the fuck is wrong with this?
Did you read the thread? The new consoles will be the focus. Incompetent developers will push for effects until their games can barely do 30fps ONCE AGAIN. And then the port for the weaker consoles will be made. Crippled resolution, dogshit graphics in general and the worst: fuck all performance. You will see fps drops to ~15fps being the norm. See Hyrule Warriors for 3DS/N3DS just for an modern example.
>>
>>341147380
Then people will just buy a pc, just like what happened qith steam
Thanks phil for making your shit irrelevant
>>
>>341147380
They said they were gonna kill disc based games and used games too.
>>
File: 1398043641188.gif (433 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
1398043641188.gif
433 KB, 245x150
>>341147380
It's practically a PC at this point, except you need to pay for online and the games are more expensive.

So why not just get a PC?
>>
>>341147380
Yep. If you recall your history, Atari and it's competitors did the exact same thing. And of course, Sega did something similar with the Genesis add ons.

People buy consoles because they are accessible, easy to use, and don't pull shit like this. Both Xbox and Playstation are done. They needed to sell more games, NOT consoles.

I'm glad to see Nintendo side stepping the issue. I think it's safe to say that NX won't fall into the same trap.
>>
>>341147380
Oh boy I can't wait for consolefags to extra for their "custom consoles", with better components a la PC parts.
>>
File: vietnam.gif (168 KB, 404x272) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.gif
168 KB, 404x272
>>341147380
are you people are retarded or something? there are no consoles anymore (except wiiu) they are just selling unified pc's, it's just like android phones or what everybody thought steamboxes would be. of course they are backwards compatible having the same architecture. you are just buying pcs with fixed specs now, thats it. thats why all games can also be played on a custom pc if there are no artificial incompatiilities (no dx11 support, no windows7 support etc)
>>
>>341147380
So they're basically doing what Nintendo did with Wii/Wii U/Gamecube by making all this shit backwards compatible/unified platform?

This is actually the same shit as buying a console every 5 years except Microsoft can just be lazy and not be creative anymore(considering they have no creativity anymore after naming their 3rd xbox "Xbox One")
>>
people are going to buy into consoles because its just an inexpensive and simple way to play games compared to pc, and it will have crossplay and will be available for download on your pc anyway. so its like having a steam machine now with your steam library available everywhere.
>>
>>341150638
Because people like it to be pratical.
I understand casual gamers getting a console.
But hardcore gamers getting it is just no sense.
>>
>>341147380
No.

If console players really cared about having top of the line hardware, they wouldn't be console players.

They said a gorillion times that they're not going to leave anyone behind and the new system is just going to have better graphics and resolution. It's not like when the PC market gets better hardware, as it constantly does, they hold a gun to your head and say 'buy it or you can't play'.
>>
>>341150672
Sony has a lot of games coming though?
>>
>>341151224
I think Microsoft is going for casuals with dosh. Sony is focused on being cheap after the PS3. PC's can range from cheap to extremely expensive but are typically for enthusiasts although their budgets vary. Scorpio is going for the middle class kid whose parents can easily afford it or the young adult with a salaried job who plays mobile games but also wants to play whatever casual flavor of the month on his big screen 4K tv.
>>
>>341149787
It ain't gonna happen if anything Scorpio will reinvigorate the industry as normies will be blown away actually being able to play their games in max setting at 60fps and devs can more easily impress with their graphics unhindered by dated hardware.
>>
>>341150284
without the comnsumers behind the products and artificial exclusivity and anti competitve measures (intel, nvidia shenanigans against amd example) your custom pc will get more expensive and force you at some point to buy sony or ms. at some point there might be no support anymore for custom pcs (no bug testing except for ms, sony systems)
>>
>>341151162
Not when nearly everything is "Xbone & Windows 10" or "PS4 Exclusive (also on PC)"

Although there still hasn't been a game for Windows 10 that's looked good enough to get me to even bother setting it up on a separate drive or something, and I doubt there will be for a while.
>>
>>341151224
>not going to leave anyone behind
Do you honestly believe that they won't?

At some point game developers are going to not want to develop for the lower level hardware.
>>
>>341147380
>buy shit console
>it's shit from the moment you unpack it
>it's shit for 8 years
>runs like shit for 8 years
>consolefags happy

>buy shit console
>it's shit from the moment you unpack it
>most of your games run like shit
>2-3 years later, faster console comes up
>it's not quite shit
>you still get the shit experience you paid for, as if the new console didn't even exist
>nothing changes for original owners
I don't get it, you can still play every single game at a quality/performance level you were happy with initially, is it pure jealousy and spite that you don't want other people to play games that run better or what?
>>
>>341149708

Fine I will look it up

>First generation
Magnavox Odyssey, 1972

>Second generation
Fairchild Video Entertainment System (VES), 1976

>Third generation
Nintendo Famicom, 1983

>Fourth generation
TurboGrafx16, 1987

>Fifth generation
Atari Jaguar, 1994

>Sixth generation
Dreamcast, 1998

>Seventh generation
Xbox 360 2005

>8th generation
Wii U, 2012

Looks like I was indeed wrong. But half of them did last 4 years. So its not like there isn't a precedent for this.

>>341150362
>console generations are defined by when sony releases a console

No.
>>
>Microsoft has just said that they are completely open to have some games be Scorpio exclusive from the minute the console launches
>Sony won't let anyone make a Neo game without a PS4 version

This is going to be interesting.
>>
>>341151224
>It's not like when the PC market gets better hardware, as it constantly does, they hold a gun to your head and say 'buy it or you can't play'.
But my 6 year old mid-high end GPU could still run games at 1080p 60FPS on medium settings by the time I replaced it in like august last year. You only need to stay on the bleeding edge if you NEED to run maximum grafix at all times.
>>
>I buy consoles because it's easy and I don't have to upgrade every year like on PC ;)
>>
>>341151590
Why do you think there is hatred for PC users? It doesn't come from other PC users, it comes from consolefags who think that wasting $400+ on outdated hardware means they deserve the same thing as people who spent less and built their own computer.

Just look at the Mods for console fiasco.
>>
>>341147923
bullshit, people bought into the PS4 because MS fucked itself over with the much superior always online and could trade/share games format, but fucked it up with misinformation and miscommunication, every rep from MS had a different answer to the same question, so the normies flocked to sony who only used it as marketing material to pray on them

the original xbone format was nothing but a steam box, but it scared all the normies with thinking like it couldnt play used games, but this has been the standard for years with PC
>>
What if they're making a modular console? So you'll be able to pull out parts of the console to upgrade them?

Need more storage space? Pull out the hard drive and buy the extremely overpriced upgrade.

Then games need a better GPU to run them, so you buy the upgrade, pull out the old one, and plug the new one in.
>>
File: 1436142564106.jpg (111 KB, 1034x828) Image search: [Google]
1436142564106.jpg
111 KB, 1034x828
>>341147380
>>
>>341151372
Tell me who is not going for casuals?
Everyone wants casuals because they're 90% of the market
>>
>>341152540
If only there was some sort of way to do that. A personal device if you will. Something that is dedicated to calculations.
>>
Don't really pay attention to console news, is microsoft now simply making prebuilt PCs where games look nicer on newer iterations?
>>
>>341150638
Why would a casual buy a scorpio when his regular one plays games just fine?
>>
What if they sell them with a monthly payment plan like they do with smartphones?? People don't seem to mind to buy a new iPhone every couple of years even though they're even more expensive than consoles.
>>
>>341147380
>This will fail
>Mean whilen phones cost way more then a console and sell like fucking hotcakes

I welcome this change go fuck yourself OP.
>>
>>341152819
Right? Too bad that there's no such thing. A Personal Computer would be great, but those aren't built for just gaming like consoles are. And every time an upgrade comes out you need to buy a new PC just to get that part. And if you want to get a custom built PC you can pick out the parts that go in to it, which is really cool, but only certified microsoft technicians are allowed to build PCs. And those guys are super expensive to hire and it ends up costing more so it's better to just buy the latest Alienwareâ„¢ Gaming Systemâ„¢,
>>
>>341147380

Good. Fuck Sony.
>>
>>341147380
you underestimate how stupid people can be.
>>
>>341149052
Fuck off with your logic
>>
>>341149436
Poorfags are bitching.

Like the last poster said its only beneficial hell fucking PC would get faster ports if not cut down development time and this will probably get normalfags to fuck off from video games
>>
>>341153649
This.
>>
>>341150006
Because my mom will only allow me to buy 1 console every 4 years
>>
>>341153370
>scorpio launches
>"Sign a 4 year contract of xbox live for a free xbone scorpio!!!"
>subsidized into contract cost

jesus christ you may be onto something
>>
>>341147380
people buy $700 phones that come out every year

you're a fucking retard

god I hate console manbabies so much
>muh n64 experience with the same hardware for 10 years!!
>no one can play at higher framerates or resolution than me!!!
>>
>>341154079
they arent going to be ports anymore, just straight drag and drop with extra settings unlocked.
>>
How long before a game says Xbox Scorpio only?
>>
By this point, why not just switch to PC?
>>
>>341147380
>console updates every few years

What? Lol
>>
>>341154079
>this will probably get normalfags to fuck off from video games
>they all drift exclusively to mobile games
>no normies buying AAA games anymore, sales drop
>developers start moving to mobile
>>
>>341147380
>No more generations
>Console updates every few years
A new generation is literally consoles upgrading
>>
>>341154707
Exactly.
>There are normalfagd threatening to switch to PC
>Buys a prebuilt
>Sudden influx in PC newcomers
>>
>>341147380
>This will literally be the videogame crash 2.0
GOOD. When video games die, pop culture will find something else to feed off of, and we can start picking up the pieces and fixing what is wrong with the industry.
>>
"8th gen will be the video game crash."
-/v/ - Video Games circa. 2012
>>
>>341155439
>implying nerd culture isn't here to stay
>>
>>341151162
I'll say it again, I'd sooner get an Xbox Scorpio than install Windows 10.
>>
>>341147380
I like your blog :^)
>>
If Blizzard can charge 60 bucks for a tf2 clone with waifus and make bank, Sony/MS won't have a problem selling new systems like hot cakes.
Normies will literally buy anything if it it's socially acceptable and hip.
>>
>>341155707
>implying pop culture didn't kill grunge, and rock music
>Implying pop culture didn't kill LOTR
>>
>tfw nintendo will ironically win the console war by not buying into the graphix meme
>>
>>341149696
>Theoretically, you will be able to play a new game in 2020 on your 2013 Xbox One. If they keep going with this boundary shit.
Probably forward compatibility won't last more than a single gen, but we're getting much better backwards compatibility
desu this is really nice, though not really that different from current gens, and could lead to devs becoming even more incompetent
>>
>>341156004
>implying pop culture didn't kill grunge
I mean, it was either that or heroin.
>>
>>341156293
or a shotgun to the face
>>
>>341156014
Nintendo is too family friendly and it would take a miracle for them to fix their third party relationship.
Most people literally buy a console to play the new CoD and watch netflixs.
The WiiU was proof that Nintendo games alone can't save a system.
>>
>>341150362
>Dezember
>>
>>341154584
People do not buy $700 phones. They buy $700 phones with a payment plan, huge difference.
>>
>>341154584
Pretty sure you don't buy a console with monthly payments. Well, unless you use credit, in which case, good job enslaving yourself.
>>
>>341156461
>>341156624
Guess what. People didn't use to buy fucking phones with payment plans either. Times change.
>>
>>341156880
>please consoles, stick your dick in my ass
>>
>>341147380
I have been consistently buying consoles and handhelds since the SNES, but I skipped this generation of consoles and it's looking like I won't buy a console ever again. The very last thing I bought was a Vita and it saddens me how they abandoned it. I don't mind it however, since I've played more than 30 games on it already, enjoying most genres is pretty neat. I think I'll just stick with the PC. It used to be in conjunction with consoles, but the latter is a fucking joke right now. I blame normalfaggots and smartphones for this. The former is one of the worst things to happen to videogames and the latter is just the companies thinking it's going to be like the good goys upgrading smartphones with contracts.
>>
I agree with OP's stance although maybe not for the same reasons. I'm an adult with bills to pay, there ain't no way in hell I'm spending $3-400 every two years on a new console update. It's just as lazy as iPhones being released every year. Only retards who do nothing but play vidya all day will defend this. Also Walmart waddling normies certainly will not buy these stupid things for their kids.
>>
>>341156624
mobile phones are a necessity now, consoles are not.

The only people that upgrade every year are apple tards
>>
>>341151616

You should really look at the release dates for the most popular console(s) of each generation. The Atari 2600 released in 1977. The TurboGrafx 16 didn't sell anywhere close to the numbers of the SNES, which released in 1990. The Jaguar didn't sell anywhere close to the Playstation (though the Jaguar was actually released in 1993, and the 3DO came out a month earlier, the Playstation released in 1994). Dreamcast was a great console that was far ahead of its time, but the PS2 is benchmark for the sixth gen and released in 2000. The Wii U was by far the lowest seller and least powerful system of the current console generation, and the PS4 and xbone both released the following year.

That makes the generation gap 5 years, 6 years, 7 years, 4 years, 6 years, 5 years, 8 years. That means an average generation duration of 5.8 years. 4 years is only 2/3 of the length. I do think it's worth it, if it means backwards compatibility.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
>>341152649
For real though, why didn't they do something like this if they wanted more horsepower for their consoles? Wouldn't it have been cheaper than making all new boxes with better parts?
>>
>>341157942
Sega tried that and it killed the entire company.
>>
>>341157942
No, they would need to keep making the original PS4 which would mean higher costs since you need to maintain two products at the same time
Development wise either it would be an overly complicated mess or they wouldn't really use the original PS4 hardware at all
There's a reason the 32X was a failure
>>
>>341147380
>videogame crash

thanks for the cringe

Why don't you write The Economist a paper on your professional economic theory and ask them to publish it
>>
File: 137220014535.png (303 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
137220014535.png
303 KB, 368x657
>>341158129
But it could have just been like an external attachment that you plug in to your console that just boosts resolution and/or framerate? Would that even be feasible?
>>
>>341149696
And possibly low settings too. Anyone else noticed them snapping on the GPU? It seems internally upgradeable and that's going to be the big reveal.
>>
>>341150971
>So they're basically doing what Nintendo did with Wii/Wii U/Gamecube

Different because even if a game launches on Wii U it has to be compatible on the Wii and Gamecube.Forward and Backward Compatibility.
>>
>>341158129
It wasn't the 32X that killed the company. It was failing to properly transition into the Saturn.
>>
>>341149787
If that happened everything would go mobile.
>>
>>341151375
They will not even notice the difference until you tell them there is one
>>
PC STILL MASTER RACE
GET FUCKED CONSOLE KEKS
>>
>>341147380
>Nintendo did this with GBC
>Nintendo did this with DSi
>Nintendo did this with N3DS
>no one complained each time
>Sony and Microsoft do it
>everyone starts bitching
Say it with me, everyone:
"It's okay when Nintendo does it!"
>>
New age Blast Processing.
>>
>>341151515
We're getting a PC/console hybrid. Upgradeable internally and will last you 10 years.
>>
>>341158858
Well the N64 had an expansion pak but it came with a game. I may not have had one otherwise.
>>
I'm not a tech guy. Is 6 terraflops a big deal? Is that powerful?
>>
>>341151667
I'm hyped.
>>
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>341151931
>fiasco

Atleast the new Xbox will bring us some great mods. And I'm glad console players reacted that way it means there pressuring Bethseda to cave in.
>>
>>341162454
The current PS4 does almost 1.9, with the XBOne doing less than 1.4
It's a raw metric of speed, it doesn't translates that well to FPS in games
>>
>>341152540
There was a patent for that. And Phil recently said he's open to it. The Scorpio reveal only showed the console light abd nothing else. Plus it's part of the Beyond Generations.
>>
>>341155576
The industry hasn't crashed, but it's going to need another ~70 million consoles sold just to match the 5th generation.
>PS1: 103 million, N64: 33 million, Saturn: 10 million.
>PS4: 40 million, Xbone: 20 million, Wii U: 13 million.
If you include portables, it gets even more lopsided. It's a massive, massive contraction in dedicated hardware from the 7th generation. How much of the difference is being made up in paid online, micro-transactions, digital storefront upres remasters, and mobile ports, I don't know. Considering they are moving to sell day-one profitable systems on an accelerated hardware cycle, it seems to me that the difference is not quite being made up.
>>
>>341154529
>implying it won't happen

>tfw the Sony spokesperson just talk about fag diversity shit directly after new God of War gameplay with some of the the most masculine hetero shit to happen in a game ever

crash soon
>>
>>341154965
Because of the Scorpio.
>>
>>341147380

Listen if the Simpsons taught me anything it's that trusting anything named Scorpio is a bad move

Oh they be friendly as fuck and good looking. Even generous.

But that nigga evil. To the quad cores. And he'll flip 6 Tera flop on you like that!
>>
>>341147380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY
>>
File: 1460532115245.jpg (27 KB, 800x733) Image search: [Google]
1460532115245.jpg
27 KB, 800x733
>>341147380
Microsoft has a serious problem with getting indirects.

They are not only fucking consoles a little further, they are releasing another system of their own when making their software cross platform.

Soft-crash is happening. Hahaha!
>>
>>341156393
Or a video game crash that they most likely survive.

Falling by their fuck ups and going back with Nintendo. It'd be poetry.
>>
>>341162443
The expansion pak was just an extra 4 megs of ram. That's why a few games actually ran worse in their 'enhanced' modes.
>>
naw, long cycles are over with

now people just buy the console with the specs they want
>>
>>341156393
>third party relationship.
3rd-parties want AAA blockbusters and little else, those don't sell on Nintendo's platform. Nintendo could bend over backward and make NX identical to PS4 and 3rd-parties still wouldn't develop for it. It's about demographics, and the lowest-common-denominator customer these AAA pubs sell to do not play on Nintendo's platforms. And of course Nintendo won't let 3rd-party pubs have the control Sony and MS let them have, no rampant DLC/microtransactions, no ads on the dashboard, etc.

So it just boils down to the fact that the demographics 3rd-parties want aren't with Nintendo, they don't want to make similar games that will compete directly with Nintendo's software and Nintendo doesn't want to do business they way 3rd-parties want. A more powerful console won't change any of that and will just lose money for Nintendo like the 360 and PS3 did for Sony/MS.
>>
>>341149052
fuck off

literally the cancer ruining video games right here
>>
>>341164167
It's absolutely not made up and its why games ship with so little content and push sub fees, DLC and microtransactions so heavily.

People will point to development costs going up but, adjusted for inflation, they really haven't gone up much at all, and manufacturing costs used to be the bulk of what made games expensive to produce. Of the 20 most expensive games ever made, only three were made after the 1990's, being GTA 4 and 5 and one of the CoD:MW games.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.