[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely Second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: bravely_second_end_layer.jpg (27 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
bravely_second_end_layer.jpg
27 KB, 854x480
gotta say, for the censorship that's in this game, they definitely do morality choices well.
>stable, unlimited energy for all, at the cost of the homes and lives of a village?
>to share the food evenly while trapped with no guarantee of survival, or give the food to the one being that has the potential to help others down the road?
>to continue to tax a country until it goes bankrupt in order to care for ALL its citizens, or remove the taxes at the cost of the poor?
>build a trade port to revitalize a country, at the expense of destroying memories and a beautiful environment?

also, the game is still great at breaking the fourth wall.
>>
rebuild village

battle royale or make a risky plan to escape (i dont know context of this one)

investment strategies and propaganda so that the citizens turn on each other and possible thin out the population to a reasonable and sustainable level

destroy half the environment and keep the other half protected (though i doubt a pre-modern civilization would give a fuck about environmentalism)
>>
>>341025603
>rebuilding the village wasn't an option--the people were poor villagers in a desert, and their only source of water was what was being turned into energy

>they were trapped in a cave-in with a very limited amount of food. one of the victims had a chance of protecting the world if he survived. the question was to split the remaining food or give it all to him

>the country wasn't going to kill itself to feed the poor.

>building the trade port would kill the environment, no ifs ands or buts, since more pollution, more roads wrecking the fields, etc.

there wasn't really middle ground in most of the actual moral choices.
>>
>>341025951
when you think about it, nature is fucking disgusting so protecting it is pointless
>>
>>341025254
I got to the point where you get the Yokai job class and lost all motivation and I've been playing Dark Sous II since then for some reason

It's like
>solve all problems in the story
>go back in time and displace the entire capture of Agnes
>kill all the enemy generals within 10 minutes
>do the entire Geneolgia Mausoleum and defeat Denys one final time
>kill the strongest Ba'al
>go up sekrit dungeon castle with encounters set to 100%
>defeat very powerful sekrit boss
>oh now you have to defeat seven fucking superbosses before you can use the new job
I just...I dunno anymore
I can't even remember what I have to do after this; kill Anne or something right?
>>
>>341025951
Just like real life.
>>
>>341026720
exactly, and no matter what, someone would be angry at you.

at the same time, the decisions didn't have a clear right or wrong answer aside from some of the stupid ones like 'open an inclusive school or a segregated school just because 'boys are gross'
>>
GOOD GRAVY
>>
File: bravelyfeminism.png (497 KB, 472x550) Image search: [Google]
bravelyfeminism.png
497 KB, 472x550
>>341026924
Speaking of which
>>
>censorship
You mean the costumes right? Piratefags can uncensor that anyway.
>>
File: 1447754933128.png (247 KB, 505x560) Image search: [Google]
1447754933128.png
247 KB, 505x560
>paying for censored trash
>for any reason
Loving every laugh
>>
The story annoyed the hell out of me, and there were way too many food convos. Gameplay was fun but it was way too easy to get overpowered, which made this game much easier than the first
>>
>>341027837
my problem so far I just started part 5 is that several of the classes are basically the same thing.

performer is the same as astrologian
black mage is the same as wizard
Bishop is the same as White Mage
Hawkeye is the same as Hunter

meanwhile, other classes, like exorcist, feel ENTIRELY pointless and tacked on.
>>
>>341027563
oh my god, they even LOOK the same.
>>
>>341028290
Performer is only good for being a BP battery once you get Mimic from Freelancer

Wizard and Bishop completely replace White Mage and Wizard is absurdly broken with Spellcraft. Astrologian is broken as well with the ability to let support abilities go first no matter what
Exorcist is the one that has Undo right? That is also very broken
>>
>>341028551
but I mean
performer is basically a group astrologian
black mage is a single-targeting wizard without spellcraft(which you can add to black mage anyway)

I wouldn't mind wizard and bishop replacing them, except they decided for some reason to bring back the two classes.

why, if they're just replacing them? AFAIK conjurer and chemist didn't come back. Vampire was replaced by catmancer.
>>
>>341025254
>stable, unlimited energy for all, at the cost of the homes and lives of a village?

Unlimited energy. No contest.

>to share the food evenly while trapped with no guarantee of survival, or give the food to the one being that has the potential to help others down the road?

What does this mean by "down the road"? Evenly. I'm assuming help arrives, yes?

>to continue to tax a country until it goes bankrupt in order to care for ALL its citizens, or remove the taxes at the cost of the poor?

Remove the taxes. This is the most clear cut option. It would be irresponsible to put the lives of everyone at risk. If the country fails, everyone would suffer.

>build a trade port to revitalize a country, at the expense of destroying memories and a beautiful environment?

Trade port. Eventually they'll be thankful for the new opportunities provided for their children.
>>
>>341028791
Help arrives, but the group, at the time, had no idea when it was coming, or if it would arrive on time to save them, and with world-ending monsters appearing, one of the figures in the cave-in with them was mastering a magic that would be able to beat them.
>>
>>341028290
Yeah I don't know why they kept the older classes in when the replacements did their jobs but better.
>>
>>341025254
>>stable, unlimited energy for all, at the cost of the homes and lives of a village?
The unlimited Energy was only a theory. I went with the village

>>to share the food evenly while trapped with no guarantee of survival, or give the food to the one being that has the potential to help others down the road?
Crowe was a dick so I shared the food with everyone.

>>to continue to tax a country until it goes bankrupt in order to care for ALL its citizens, or remove the taxes at the cost of the poor?
Have not gotten this quest.

>>build a trade port to revitalize a country, at the expense of destroying memories and a beautiful environment?
Told the greedy fucker to piss off.
>>
>>341028924
I didn't even have to think on that one, because we, the party, exist. No need to rely on this dude and his dragon when the party is superior to them in every way.
>>
>>341029003
true, but taking yourself out of it, it's an interesting quandary. do you protect the one most likely to survive and move on, or hope on a rescue and possibly all starve?
>>
>>341027837
>. Gameplay was fun but it was way too easy to get overpowered,

Yeah, like when I shot up 10 levels because I weakened a level 100 Ba'al to level 1
>>
>>341028791

> What does this mean by "down the road"? Evenly. I'm assuming help arrives, yes?

The 4 protags are trapped with 5 other people plus Bahamut, a dragon. Bahamut can, and is very close to learning a very powerful spell that can be used on demons.
>>
>>341028924
>>341029372
What happens if you choose not to distribute the food?
>>
File: 1455585817848.png (359 KB, 489x557) Image search: [Google]
1455585817848.png
359 KB, 489x557
>>341027563
That face continues to piss me the fuck off. It just looks so fucking punchable, like it belonged to a creature only made to extract human anger
>>
>>341029003

The Ba'als curbstomp you in Chapter 4.
>>
>>341029515

The Mage training Bahamut masters the spell earlier then expected and blows up a path open.
>>
>>341029541
Then you immediately rectify that and start stomping all Baals in your path
>>
>>341029515
In the JP version, choosing Bahamut causes that one kid who got sick to die and if you share it evenly then Bahamut died.
>>
>>341029515
if you distribute the food, help arrives as you're about to starve to death

if you don't, bahamut masters the spell and saves everyone as they're about to starve to death.
>>
>>341029647
What impact does it have if both options result in your party escaping?
>>341029779
Good.
>>
File: 1443988893779.png (316 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
1443988893779.png
316 KB, 425x450
How is Second compared to Default?
The lack of a Revo OST already worries me
>>
>>341029761

What? They are basically superbosses. You, the player, more might be able to fight them, but everyone else is fucked.
>>
>>341029903
easier, story is relatively equal, less horrid padding

far more classes for no reason

music is worse

they removed agnes and best boy for a second tiz and a waifu from the moon.
>>
>>341029807
Okay, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>341030092

> implying Agnes is better then Magnolia
>>
So who else was disappointed in what Magnolia turned out to be? She was much better during the Default cliffhanger and the BS demo

In this she was just a lovelorn chick trying to get in Yew's pants. And the part where you get to see the Default cliffhanger felt so shoehorned in
>>
>>341030138
in the NA version, some of the decisions are censored so either choice in the moral dilemmas end up being the right one.

>>341030173
>preferring magnolia
UNACCEPTABLE
really, I'd say they're about even.
>>
>>341030092
You forgot, the fairy in this game is hotter and better than Airy
>>
File: 1460240780194.jpg (170 KB, 848x984) Image search: [Google]
1460240780194.jpg
170 KB, 848x984
>>341030327
You got that right.
>>
>>341030092
>>341029903

BD's writing was retardedly bad but BS's somehow manages to be even worse. Also, the tone is very different in the second game.

I wished Square weren't retards and actually had tried to invest some money in the sequel. I also wished the original team had been allowed to go through with their original ideas foe the game. It could have been a great sequel. Instead we got a bad anime episode.
>>
Seconding >>341029903, how do the parts compare?
I played the shit out of Default till the whole hurrdurr timejump bullshit started.
I don't mind grinding and enjoy this type of game, but I didn't like their cheap attempt to make the game seem longer than it is, while using the same assets again and again.
>>
>>341030634
damn, too slow. Thanks for the answers!
>>
>>341030586
>I also wished the original team had been allowed to go through with their original ideas foe the game. It could have been a great sequel. Instead we got a bad anime episode.
What were the original plans?

>>341030634
There's time fuckery again, but it's way more in your face and not as repetitive as Default's way. Also every sidequest takes place in a dungeon from Default.
>>
>>341028389
>>341029539
I think that's the point. Based SE taking the piss out of feminists on the sly.
>>
>>341030427
i still don't understand if she is Airy's sister from bravely default ending
>>
>>341030949

She is.
>>
>>341030763
Hmm, thanks.
Will let it pass for now and maybe pick it up later.
>>
I just got to the time stop at the end of chapter 4, I'm dicking around a bit before going NG+ to progress. I only found eight sidequests on my first go, is this correct? Last one was in Grandship.
>>
>>341031019
wow, so in bravely default ending she is like "GOOD JOB GUYS YOU SAVED THE WORLD FORM MY EVIL SISTER!"
and then becomes an asshole?
it kinda makes sense since Providence plan is to use the baals to invade and rule the worlds, opposed to oroboros that just wants to have each dimension as supper
>>
File: sawyer10.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sawyer10.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
>>341025254
>Cropping out tiz's delicious ass

Shameful.
>>
>>341031329
*FROM

jesus christ
>>
>>341030763
>What were the original plans?

The story was set to take place 200+ years in the furture, which explains why there is a powerful new empire and new towns to explore etc. in BS. In all likelihood, there would have been a completely new cast of asterisk holders since the game would have taken place in the furtre.

Only Tiz, i.e. the player to return as playable character.
>>
>>341030949
In chapter 4, they redo the AR movie from Default as a regular in-game cutscene with Anne once again telling Tiz that he looks like someone who'll see things through no matter what. That, if anything, should have tipped you off.
>>
>>341025254
>>to share the food evenly while trapped with no guarantee of survival, or give the food to the one being that has the potential to help others down the road?
In the original they ate the dragon if you went for Artemia's side..
>>
>>341031430
Huh. That sounds better than what we got. Would suck for Agnes and Edea though
>>
>>341028791
>Unlimited energy. No contest.
it wasn't even proved it worked, and it was unstable
it's literally a gamble
>>
What I hated about the choices is that most of them had the best job hidden behind the morally wrong answer. So I ended up with most of the worthless jobs like Red Mage and Merchant, though Red Mage is good for it's BP abilties
>>
>>341032216
Did it work?
>>
>>341025254

Yes, please. Sympathize with a literal rapist
>>
What were the differences between the original choice consequences and the localized censored ones?
>>
>>341032216
Well?
>>
>>341035320
>Censored
Square just skipped to the Chapter 5 endings instead of the we won't really explain what happened endings in Chapters 1-4.
>>
>>341035320
It's more complicated than them being censored. In the original, each sidequest had a "bad" and a "good" outcome. You'd get the bad outcome the first time you did a sidequest in one of the first four chapters. After the loop, if you made the same choice again in the same sidequest when you redo it in the new world, you get the "good" outcome. In the localization, you get the "good" outcome right away the first time you make the choice, in the first world. This lets you see both good outcomes of any sidequest in your first playthrough, simply by changing your choice in the second world.
>>
>>341025254
I only hated that sometimes the options were two extremes for no reason.
Especially in the case of the boat land taxes.
Literally THE ORPHANS WILL STARVE AND DIE versus TAX THE COUNTRY TO DEATH.
>>
>>341037068
the only two decisions I really hated were 'BOYS ARE POOPY vs GUYS AND GIRLS THRIVE TOGETHER' because it was fucking stupid, and 'should sherlock holmes be a cop or a private investigator, despite both mentors fucking hating him and him being an idiot'
>>
>>341037068
Oh and it was a bummer having to oppose the person you might like the most to get their job but that was intentional and rectified itself anyway.
>>
>>341036750
>"everybody wins" mentality
Pretty retarded desu, what are the bad outcomes?
>>
>>341037720
People on the other side sometimes die.
>>
>>341026441
The sins are just a bonus, you should really do the final boss fight and the final secret boss before dropping it completely. They're actually a decent fight
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.