[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he a fucking hack? >basically steals his main character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17
File: Kojima.jpg (123 KB, 1391x844) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
123 KB, 1391x844
Is he a fucking hack?

>basically steals his main character from escape from new york/LA
>makes a series of games about metal gear when it's not even about metal gear
>his first game unrelated to the MGS series did the same thing
>had a budget of 80 million dollars and half a decade to desperately tie up all loose ends and finish a game but failed to deliver
>>
>>340756982
Yes
>>
>>340756982
idk about hack since he has made some great games. I think he's just way too ambitious especially for konami
>>
Yes. What people don't seem to remember is that he had a co-writer from MGS1 to 3, and a lot of MGS1's script was altered through localization by Jeremy Blaustein who had to rewrite a lot of it because Kojima's original was so heavy handed and cringey. That pissed Kojima off so bad that he fired Blaustein and got a woman localizer instead for MGS2 who directly translated it with no alterations. According to her, it was the worst writing she'd ever seen, but of course everybody thinks she's exaggerating or wrong because lmao woman.

So yes, he's a hack. MGS4 exposed his hackery and TPP just made everyone finally acknowledge it instead of continuing to plug their ears up.
>>
>>340758671
but mgs2 is his masterpiece
>>
>>340758671
>and a lot of MGS1's script was altered through localization by Jeremy Blaustein who had to rewrite a lot of it because Kojima's original was so heavy handed and cringey. That pissed Kojima off so bad that he fired Blaustein and got a woman localizer instead for MGS2 who directly translated it with no alterations. According to her, it was the worst writing she'd ever seen, but of course everybody thinks she's exaggerating or wrong because lmao woman.
t. I don't actually know Japanese and I parrot my opinions from what I heard online.

P.S. Agness Kaku's original translation choices for MGS2 were worse than what we got.
>>
>>340756982
What? Wait, what? Literally every single game in the series except for MGS3 has a Metal Gear. Even Ac!d.
>>
>>340756982
no
>>
>>340758671
Good job supporting hideo with that argument.

MGS2 is the best in the series maybe MGS1 could have been more if it wasn't slaughtered by blaustein
>>
>>340759865
They're just mechs in the background nobody really gives a shit about, which makes me wonder why the games are even titled after them. The tech isn't even that impressive compared to all the other shit in the game (flying platforms in metal gear 3 anyone? robotic arms in the 80s?)

Kojima, like all other japs, just think random english words soudns cool, in this case metal and gear, when it makes no sense to us fluent in the language
>>
>>340759865
Didnt MGS3 had Shagohad?
>>
I think Kojima is kind of a hack but also brilliant in his own way. A lot of mg1 and mg2 dialog is really hackneyed and cringey, like what you'd expect out of a cheesy romance movie or james bond movie.

But there's a depth to his games underneath the tacky over the top characters and writing. Raiden from MGS2 and his interaction with Rose is one of the most realistic depictions of a relationship I've seen in any fiction.
>>
>>340759796
It's in a podcast Blaustein did that's on YouTube. He goes over the whole localization process and what dealing with Kojima was like.
>>
>>340758042
>made great games
>too ambitious for konami

Kojimafags are this deslusional
>>
>>340760426
Exactly. I've never seen anything that can do shit like break the fourth wall and have cyborg ninjas while still having a good serious plot
>>
>>340760194
yeah, but Shagohod isn't a metal gear.
>>
I liked MGS5, but it proved he doesn't know how to write. He could not turn Big Boss into the bad guy he was supposed to be and decided to add events that never go resolved (Like 12 year old Liquid Snake coming into possession of the most powerful weapon ever created even though it added nothing but a le so epic escape scene) to a game that's supposed to wrap things up.
>>
>>340760597
I'm not delusional. I think the series should have stopped at 3 but konami pressured him to keep making mgs so he had to implement all these ambitious ideas into mgs where they didn't really fit.
>>
victim of the konami trilogy curse: he got lucky with the first three playstation games, but they should have stopped after 3.

i also get the feeling that he used to have editors and other writers who would look over his shit and that's why those games are so good, but that must've changed after 3 became a runaway success. now he's an "artist" in charge of his own vision and the games suffer for it.

it's a meme answer, but he really does seem like japan's george lucas: he has amazing ideas and an eye for direction but he needs someone to keep him in check or he'll go off the rails.
>>
Yes, once the other writer left the games took a nosedive, MGS5 showed his incompetence, which is a shame because the potential was amazing. I still can't believe it's over, the trailers and Ground Zeroes promised me so much.
>>
>>340760146
You have no idea what you're talking about. They're capable of launching nukes from anywhere and mass destruction, of course they are the best technology in every game. And those metal gears are always the reason why you're doing your mission in the first place.
>>
>>340758671
>muh Agnes Kaku
The bitch had worse ideas for the translation than what we actually got.
>>
>>340760471
Sure champ, sure.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>340760685
>but Shagohod isn't a metal gear.
>>
>>340761146
but we already could do that, it's called ICBMs. It's not like the games don't support me on this, they always get relegated as a residual to the main story
>>
>>340760913
It was supposed to stop at 2 if I'm not mistaken. You can see how far his ambition goes in that game, in the later ones he kinda ran out of ideas and just slapped some random shit together.
>>
>>340761525
He said that after every game actually. They just started to go down hill after 3.
>>
>>340760913
Sure you are
Kojima doesn't make games he makes pseudo-movie junk because he's not good enough to be Micheal Bay(aka a Hollywood Director)

Kojima single-handedly ruined Konami with his expensive pseudo-movie junk
>>
>>340761395
Yes but the range was limited, and unlike the Shagohod it couldn't compensate with speed. Metal gear in every game is always the ultimate weapons.
>>
>>340761276
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sx7yttJm0I

Here's your (You).
>>
>>340761779
They're not movies though because they have to be interactive to work
>>
>>340761146
REX could launch a nuke that was undetectable, that was it's gimmick. Stealth nukes is what made Snake shit his pants, not the fire anywhere from the world part.
RAY was a anti-REX weapon.
Shagohod could go sanic fast to launch smaller nukes further, but yeah, it was pretty much retarded.
ICBMG was the best Metal Gear, fuck canon and fuck Kojima.
>>
>>340761779
Get out of here, MGS is a lot better than Michael Bay garbage.
>>
>He calls himself a Metal Gear fan
>He didn't play Ghost Babel
>He thinks Ac!d sucks because of the mechanics
You're robbing yourself from very good games. Ghost Babel and Ac!d 1 were MGS1 levels of atmosphere and comfy. Acid 2 had a cool waifu and Snake had friends for once.
>>
>>340761779
How the fuck did he ruin Konami? The guy isn't even there anymore and they're literally milking the cow built by his legacy on pachinko machines.
>>
>>340762156
Not to mention he made millions for them over the years. The only reason he's gone is because the new president doesn't see the value in AAA games.
>>
>>340760471
>>340761883
Except if you actually paid attention to the Japanese and English scripts of MGS1, you would've known that the only differences between the two versions are Mei-Ling's proverbs (she only quoted Chinese ones originally) and the games mentioned by Psycho Mantis (since he detected a lot of Konami games that were't localized like Policenauts and Tokimeki Memorial).

What Blaustein meant by refining the English script, he didn't mean literally changing Kojima's script to his own version, but simply not translating it too literally. If you knew anything about Japanese, you would that their grammar structure is very different and they rely a lot on implication, so a lot of phrases that may sound natural in Japanese will come off as weird when rendered in English (hence "You yourself in Zanzibarland" in Japanese became "you of all people know he died in Zanzibarland" in English).

TL;DR: Blaustein was just a translator doing his job. He has nothing to do with how the actual story was written.
>>
>>340761174
Obligatory.
>This is Snake. Do you read me, Otakon? Over.
> Loud and clear, Snake. Over.
>Think I'd wait forever [the comment is directed to the player]? I'm at the infiltration point [SP for 'sneak point']. Over.
>Everything going okay? Over.
>The stealth camo's busted. Landing impact. Over.
>We did use the hell out of that thing. Sorry, but you're gonna have to deal. You're not in the military-industrial complex anymore, Dorothy.
>Right. I don't plan on relying on this gadget either way. Over.
>Hey, the private sector's not so bad, though, huh? Privacy guaranteed...
> I'm happy as long as no one slips a Mickey Finn in the morning glass of OJ.
>You mean that thing with Naomi?
>And I can't say I miss the chattering nanny.
>Mei Lin's not so bad. That reminds me, I have to get in touch with her again about that new Natick flashware.
> Diverting toys from the SSCEN (U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center) again? Someone will find out, sooner or later. She's better off assuming it's sooner and quit while she's ahead. Tell her I said that.
>The mission objective is to make visual confirmation of the new Metal Gear being transported by that tanker and bring back photographic evidence. No destruction, please. Got it?
>Don't worry. I know the drill -- we're not terrorists.
>Very good. We're a 100% UN-recognized 'Opposition to Metal Gear' aka OMEGA*. Don't you forget that you're a part of an NGO and can chew granola with the best of them.
>Recognized, but still fringe, Otakon.
>>
>>340756982
What loose ends?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>340756982
Tomorrow.
TGS.
VGA.
Get rid of those fucking nukes.
>>
>>340765128
>your favorite series will be teased to you regularly on/v/
>it will never be true
>>
>>340756982
No. The fact that you won't shut up about him is a clear sign of his success.
>>
You can't be a hack if you made mgs2. Don't give a shit about his other shit games.
>>
>>340765573
Plenty of failures get talked about incessantly. Wanna try again?
>>
>>340766195
No. The fact that you won't shut up about him is a clear sign of his success.
>>
>>340765407
Look.
Kojima never quit Konami.
>>
>>340760026
mgs2 is shit
>>
>>340756982
Not a hack, just overrated
He gets too much credit for other people's work
>>
>>340767416
You could say the same thing about every video game ideas guy from Miyamoto to Inafune.
>>
>>340762156
>>340762839
He ruined them by having most resources allocated to his crappy movies which meant Konami dropped a lot of their IP's

He didn't make them shit in the grand scheme of things(and his games were expensive as fuck to make)
It was yearly Pro Evolution Soccer games that raked in the profits

And his tenure as Vice President was horrible to the point where Konami finally cut ties with this fucking hack

He's basically Konami's Inafune
>>
>>340761991
>this is what kojimacucks actually believe
>>
>>340758671
>Kaku
Known shill, NDA-breaker and attention whore who've attempted sabotage more than two projects she was hired on.
And her fanfic tier "fixes" of MGS script are available online and are horrifiyingly bad.
>>
>>340759165
>>340760026
Pleb opinions right here. I bet you think being a copy of the first game is totally okay because the game is self aware.
>>
MGS2>MGS3>MGS1>MGSV:GZ>MGS4>MGS:PW>>>MGSV:TPP
Prove me wrong you faggots, i fucking dare you
>>
>>340756982
I didn't used to think so. After playing TPP, and his being fired, and seeing his taste in movies, it has made me think that he just might be terrible. Like good enough for MGS games and other small stuff, but anything outside of that... The weird praise he's gotten as of late, has made me dislike him very much; as if he's being patted on the back for mishandling TPP
>>
File: 1323216740416.jpg (85 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1323216740416.jpg
85 KB, 385x383
>>340758671
>using Agnes Kaku for your argument
L-O-L
>>
File: 1327642875688.jpg (183 KB, 465x428) Image search: [Google]
1327642875688.jpg
183 KB, 465x428
>>340768820
>GZ ranked above TPP after all that shitposting of it being a 40 dollar demo
The Zelda Cycle is real.
>>
>>340756982
Have you seen escape from new york? plisken has about as much personality as a shoe, aside from the name and the eye patch (on big boss) there's not much in common
>>
>>340763548
>TL;DR: Blaustein was just a translator doing his job. He has nothing to do with how the actual story was written.

He made a lot of the script flow better, though. Just compare MGS1's script to Twin Snakes, the latter has some really fucking awful lines

>This is the first time I've ever used my power to help someone...strange...it feels...kind of nice

becomes

>This is the first time I've ever used my power to help someone....ahhh...such a nostalgic feeling

Seriously, what the fuck does that even mean?

Also when calling Otacon while fighting REX.

>It's not a weak point! It's a character flaw!

becomes

>It's not a weak point! It's a weakness!
>>
>>340769523
>Seriously, what the fuck does that even mean?

It means he was probably nice as a child and society fucked him so hard he went nuts and became a terrorist.

That is until MGSV came up and ruined his backstory, of course.
>>
>>340756982

How dare you speak ill of Kojima-sama
>>
>>340770681
>That is until MGSV came up and ruined his backstory, of course.

MGSV doesn't contradict his backstory, though. MGSV clearly takes place after he burned his village to the ground, I think Ocelot mentions it on a tape that's how the Russian Government became aware of him.
>>
>>340769523
also he fdis a lot of research to do his translation.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/metalgear/jeremyblaustein.htm
>>
>>340768820
MGS3 is the babbys first game: the game which loses to every mainline MGS let alone other TPS/ stealth games, liking it is a sign of retardation

Also there is NOTHING better about PW than TPP, its literally the shitty iPhone version of TPP
>>
>>340772417
story.

TPP is fucking shit in this side.
is less metal gear than everythin. even GZ is better in this side.

mgs4 is fucking awesome near to TPP

the only good thing about TPP is graphics and gameplay.
>>
>>340773110
Okay?

I never claimed GZ is worse than TPP because GZ is is the best MGS game right next to 1 and 2

doesnt mean PW is better than TPP
>>
File: laughing_girls.jpg (90 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
laughing_girls.jpg
90 KB, 600x849
>>340756982
>mfw John Carpenter said his lawyers urged him to sue Kojima because of Metal Gear's similarity to Escape from NY/LA but refused because he knew Kojima personally and thought he was a really nice guy who meant well
>mfw he didn't extend the same courtesy to Luc Besson over Lockout
>>
>>340769523
>such a nostalgic feeling
That's just a callback to the original MGS1.

It's "nostalgic" because it's a self-aware reference to Mantis having used his powers to help Snake in the PS1 version.
>>
>>340761779
>he's not good enough to be Micheal Bay
Is that what you think a good director is?
>>
>>340769523
The problem with Blaustein, for all the good he did, was that his adaptations altered several plot points and the context of some scenes, such as Liquid never mentioning Big Boss being in a coma when the clones were made in the original JP version.

He made the script flow better, that's undeniable, but you can kind of understand why Kojima might object if he's changing deliberately chosen plot points in the process.
>>
HOLY TRINITY TIER:
MGS1 MGS2 MGS3

RISING TIER:
MGR

UNDERRATED GEMS TIER:
MG2 GB Acid 1+2

OK TIER:
PW POOPS MGS4

SCAM TIER:
TPP GZ

CASHCOW SHIT TIER:
Everything else using the brand "Metal Gear"
>>
>>340775286
oh yes, forgot MG1
It's in OK
>>
>>340756982
no u r
>>
>>340775286
>how to spot a salty "MGSV wasn't what I expected" bitchboy
>>
>>340775805
And? Is there a problem with it? The trailers had a better story than the game itself
>>
>>340775805
no one is saying tha TPP is a bad game. is just a bad metal gear talking about story.

An excellent game faded by it's predecessors.
dunno like dongkey kong 3
>>
>>340775937
yes, there is, because only a child would equate "not what I wanted" with "bad"
>>
>>340775286
Peace Walker was better than ok tier.

>>340775805
For the most part the game was what we've come to expect from Kojima, it was mostly fine, except for the bit where they didn't finish the end of the game off, which is what makes it a scam.
>>
>>340776503
I wanted a good game and a good story
I got a repetitive game and a mediocre story
Is this childish for demanding quality?
>>
>>340776193
I personally thought the story was fine, just different to what we've come to expect from MGS. It was minimalist and aimed to be more of a character study than being the typical event driven MGS fare.

I think Kojima's biggest fault with V was that he tried to do too many new things he hadn't attempted before, like open world and a less exposition-heavy story all tied up in a brand new engine, and he just didn't quite manage to pull it all together.
>>
>>340777115
the story is fine and fill many holes in the plot. but come on. the balance between playtime to get like 1 hour of cinematics is a bad thing

even MGS4 do this thing better even if
he had an old men being possed by his hand
>>
Kojimbo's really good at shoving literary tropes into his video games, but his implementation is like edgy freshman level.
>>
>>340756982
Keep crying please.
>>
>>340777115
It's not minimalist, it's bad written
Minimalist stories show more than expose
But TPP didn't show anything relevant at all
>>
>>340777115
>>340777535
MGSV just has a weak and almost nonexistent story. Most things don't even make sense, such as XOF working with the Soviet Union.
>>
why dont we leave metal gear to die?
the story plot is almost complete.

I feel sad for not having MG Rising 2 with gray fox but come on,
let kojimbo start another scam ruse.
>>
>>340778295
>I feel sad for not having MG Rising 2 with gray fox but come on
It's still possible though
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>340761779
>>
>>340756982
>created the best VNs with Snatcher and Policenauts
>revolutionized games by making them more cinematic with MGS
>created the best modern story with MGS2
>created the best stealth game with MGS3
>created the first good mecha game with zone of the enders
>created great handheld games with boktai and lunar knights
>saved a dying genre by giving MGR to platinum

MGSV was not his fault.
>>
I loved his visit to Game On

>MARIOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tSKrQmQoYM
>>
>>340776906
you shouldn't be demanding anything, you entitled baby
>>
>>340774048
The fact that Blaustein decided to moved all the dates in Snatcher to five years always bothered. I understand why he did (since the JP version was released in '88 and had the end of the world happened in '91), but kinda fucks up the timeline a bit, given its whole Cold War backdrop.
>>
>>340778646
I'm sorry for having personal opinions about something I enjoy
Maybe I should suck Kojima's dick because he can't do no wrong
>>
>>340756982
Honestly? I think Kojima is just completely out of touch with video games at this point.

MGS4 was a travesty as far as a closing point to the series and while MGS5 can be blamed on Konami for rushing it the fact of the matter is that when you shovel in 80 fucking million dollars in a product wait for nearly five years for it and then when you come to check on it the dude says it's only half way fucking finished then yea i'd pull the same shit. Fuck you dude you had half a damn decade that more than what 90% of the industry would even be able to support and you're saying it's only half way done? Also what the fuck is this shit? Why are you going around hiring hollywood actors to voice your characters and buying permissions to use extremely well known and copyrighted songs?

He may not be a hack but the guy is completely out of touch for what is acceptable in a developmental field. If he was working for any other company MGS5 would have outright been cancelled I'd imagine simply because the company wouldn't want to fucking deal with it.
>>
File: 1462757189320.png (117 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1462757189320.png
117 KB, 680x510
>>340756982
>>
>>340779337
Honestly this.
I love Kojima work but he fucken up badly with MGSV
He was out of scale to what he could possibly do
Choosing Kiefer didn't make sense because we barely hear him talking, not a Hayter fanboy but why just not keep him? At least it would be cheaper
>>
>>340779087
Also, why he did changed whale cuisine to buffalo meat? The whole point of whale cuisine being outlawed in Snatcher was due to all the controversy surrounding whale hunting in real life at the time. It's a pointless arbitrary change.
>>
>>340779409
is not about metal gears. is about a family of snakes
>>
>>340779669
>Choosing Kiefer didn't make sense because we barely hear him talking, not a Hayter fanboy but why just not keep him? At least it would be cheaper
Because Kojima has been passively trying to get rid of him since MGS3 at least.
>>
>>340779669
Hayter would have been more expensive, Hayter himself speculated as much.

Due to the way the VA's union works, actors need to be paid more for every reprisal of a character they do. GZ/TPP would have been the sixth reprisal of the character, and as such his rates would have been massive. It's entirely plausible Kiefer would have been way, way cheaper.
>>
>>340780573
Not him but even still why the fuck did Kojima hire a Hollywood actor who has never even heard of MGS in his life, doesn't not care about the material, did not do any research whatsoever and still went ahead with it?

Hell in some of the casette tapes you can listen to that actually has him talk as Snake there are some tense moments or very big reveals for the MGS franchise or even within the game itself and Snake has this permanent "Yea, idgaf" sound and tone to his voice.

It's blatantly fucking obvious that Kiefer did not give a single fuck and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if within a few years we find out that the reason Big Medic doesn't talk much in the main story is because Kojima and/or the editors realized that no matter how many times they rehearsal Kiefer he's not going to make an attempt because he simply doesn't care so they decided to just not use him in the story so it doesn't sound as bad.
>>
>>340778512
>revolutionized games by making them more cinematic with MGS

I think you mean popularized cutscenes

max payne is is a cinematic game with cinematic gameplay, MGS is a cutscene riddled gimmicky babbys first action series with anime toppings
>>
>>340780969
Because even then he was way better than Hayer and his cartoon voice.
>>
>>340781157
I'd rather take Mr.Smoker Throat than the literal lobotomized, emotionless deepthroat.
>>
>>340781497
because youre retarded (the core audience of MGS) and considering that GZ/ TPP tried to be real games instead, you werent the audience to begin with
>>
>>340765128
I just want a happy surprise for once in my life. Just once. When I have a child,
>>
>Leave Konami to start on your own
>Future game plans: None
>>
>>340781629
Nigga not once did I say that I disliked MGS5 because of the gameplay. I actually think it's one of the best in the franchise. Nice strawman anyway, you got me to bite your obvious bait.
>>
File: he sure does.png (74 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
he sure does.png
74 KB, 384x288
>>340781639
It's been a painful waiting game for a lot of denialfags
As long as we don't get disarmament, I don't think we do *our part*
I could get rid of the nukes and never give a shit about the game anymore
>>
>>340781794
What bait? every MGS game has been a different flavor of mediocre to bad, and hayter was included in the bad part
>>
>>340756982
he wrote the story on the train! he's wired as fuck
>>
>>340781497
Hayter injected even less emotion into his acting than Sutherland. The only thing he had going for him was pure recognizability.
>>
File: 1465351118442.png (748 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1465351118442.png
748 KB, 1300x1300
>>340781629
>the MGS fanbase isn't the audience of a MGS game
>>
File: spoga.jpg (54 KB, 515x329) Image search: [Google]
spoga.jpg
54 KB, 515x329
>>340782023
>we want more cutscenes
no
>w-well we want l-le hayter
no
>o-okay well give us shitty animations and gimmicky gameplay
no
>F-FUCKING KONAMI

It wasnt made for the blight of gaming, the autism called MGS fans
>>
>created the first good mecha game with zone of the enders

please die
>>
>>340781497
Hayter is just a bad VA, plain and simple. Kojima wanted to make a "mature" game so he got someone with an actual good voice for that (Kiefer has an amazing, natural manly voice, unlike Hayter's hilariously forced smoker voice). He sounded emotionless and punished or whatever the hell Kojima wants to call it, because that's the tone he wanted.
>>
>>340782317
kojima literally doesn't care about voice actors in the west
>>
>>340782197
And that's the problem
You don't shit on your fanbase
Just look how DmC flopped
Because at the end of the day when you try to appeal to a larger demographic by going to the minimum denominator you lose every public you could have. You lose loyal fans and normie newcomers don't really care, they were just curious and will return to other more popular games as quickly as they come.
Konami was lucky because the public couldn't notice how much of the game was cut
It is a good game but a bad MGS
>>
File: 1450457306105.jpg (603 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450457306105.jpg
603 KB, 1280x720
>>340783091
>to the minimum denominator

nice made up word there but youre referring to the braindead "movie" loving MGS fanbase, GZ was the best stealth game since chaos theory and TPP was one of the best open world games no matter how shit it is as a whole, definitely played it longer than every other MGS game in total
>>
File: alexandru-negoita-g2.jpg (190 KB, 832x1200) Image search: [Google]
alexandru-negoita-g2.jpg
190 KB, 832x1200
>>340783325
>GZ was the best
I'll stop you there.
Roll 'em up boys.
>regenerating health
>look at a guard 3 seconds and you get wallhack
>slow motion for alerts
>tranq pistol for days (when the taffer equivalent would be so scarce you'd shoot 7 during the whole campaign)
>instant guard takedowns
>the AI is dumb as a brick, you can spam (INFINITE!)magazines on hard and he never gets alerted

Better luck next studio, buddy.
>>
>>340783325
>nice made up word
What? How much ignorant do you have to be to never heard of that expression before?

>GZ was the best stealth game
>opinions
GZ isn't a game
It's a single stage
A game has more than one stage

>TPP was one of the best open world games
Again
>opinions
Fun how you bash previous MGS for being "gimmicky" but TPP is full of gimmicks
To begin with the concept of open world is just a fad that only impress people that hadn't played many games
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>340783917
Are you retarded?

>regenerating health

So? You die in 2 bullets on hard

>look at a guard 3 seconds and you get wallhack

as opposed to having a radar to begin with?

>slow motion for alerts

which penalizes the score

>tranq pistol for days (when the taffer equivalent would be so scarce you'd shoot 7 during the whole campaign)

I hope youre pretending to be retarded because every MGS game feeds you with ammo to every weapon

>instant guard takedowns

just like in every mgs game past 2 you stupid piece of shit

>the AI is dumb as a brick, you can spam (INFINITE!)magazines on hard and he never gets alerted

same as other MGS games apart from the magazines not being infinite, just keep knocking or something

>>340784223
pretty sure the retarded word you were looking for is the lowest common denominator

>It's a single stage
>A game has more than one stage

according to who? you? also the game has 7 missions, MGS2 also takes place only on the big shell after the tanker and their combined size is less than the GZ map

Also the other MGS games have been gimmicky in a bad way, retarded controls or menu browsing "mechanics" etc
>>
>>340784223
>A game has more than one stage
I guess you should sent a memo to Pac-Man then.
>>
File: 1465676183044.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465676183044.gif
422 KB, 500x500
>>340784442
You think I'm defending the Soliton? MGS games?
You think you're supposed to finish the level and get a penalty if you suck dick at stealth?
Why not go to reddit yourself and leave me alone with my dead franchises.

>>340784496
This isn't 1980 though. $40 badly spent for the idiots that preordered it.
>>
>>340784442
oh look its this faggot again
don't you have a shitty goty to play lmao
>>
>>340756982
No and I'm sick of you stupid newfags hating on /v/'s favorite developer. Jump off a bridge cunt.
>>
File: 1452716437705.png (456 KB, 610x521) Image search: [Google]
1452716437705.png
456 KB, 610x521
>>340756982
>Look at my unmainstream opinion
Go play in traffic,you're almost as bad as the e-celeb fags.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.