[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want /v/ to know that the new Hitman is the GOTY so far,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg?t=1464699886.jpg (19 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1464699886.jpg
19 KB, 460x215
I just want /v/ to know that the new Hitman is the GOTY so far, despite the fact it's Early Access.
>>
>>340734705
>Early Access.
i thought it was episodic
>>
>>340734826
It's both. They don't want to admit it and don't advertise it as such but this is definitely Early Access.
>>
>>340734826
I think that's what he meant to say

>>340734705
Sweet. As a long time Hitman fan, that's awesome to hear. However, I will still be waiting for the whole thing to be released and I'll buy the retail version, I don't like playing games in increments. I'll wait till it all comes out and I'll binge on Hitman for like a whole week. I don't want to play a mission, wait a month, play a mission, wait a month. It ends up feeling very unsatisfying. However, its great to hear that the new game is returning Hitman to its glory.
>>
Absolution was pretty good
>>
>>340735012
I very strongly disagree with your position
>>
>>340735012
It was an okay game. It was a terrible Hitman game. In fact, it was barely even a Hitman game.
>>
>>340735012

It was a pretty great Splinter Cell.
>>
>>340735012
Well as a stand-alone game yeah it's pretty good as a hitman game it is mediocre at its best parts
>>
Okay
Call me when its fully released and i can play the whole game from start to finish
>>
>>340735092
>>340735158
Nah it was just Hitman trying to be Leon: The Professional. Fun to play, but ditching the playground mode in favour of linear level with multiple paths to cater to the story restricted it quite a bit.

And that's really the only problem with Absolution - the restriction. Because we were spoiled by Blood Money, it was pretty jarring. But just like Splinter Cell Conviction, it was still greatly enjoyable, especially if you were into speedrunning/leaderboards.

Needless to say HITMAN is fucking amazing. Remember that meme before the game was released?
>all levels after paris are gonna be shit because they don't have the incentive to make good levels!!!!11
topcucked
>>
>>340735230
you can buy part 1-7 as a pack
>>
>>340735230

It seems odd to say it, but I genuinely believe the game works better as an episodic release, it actually gives you a chance to invest a serious amount of time in each of the levels, challenges and metric fuck ton of content rather than just powering from one to the next.
>>
>>340735890
it also makes you feel like an assassin, taking a job at a time :3
>>
>>340734705
It's fun, but after waiting so long for the elusive target to come and it being so disappointing after doing the first one it isn't as fun now. Not even Marrakesh was worth doing another run to unlock more gear.
>>
>>340735402
The disguise system was fucked and absolutely useless. I played the game like an action game, just going from room to room killing everyone, it was honestly more fun that way than just waiting for guards to move and sneaking around.

Graphics were great though.
>>
>>340736034
>and it being so disappointing
How the fuck can a person find elusive targets boring? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>340736120
Well, he sorta has a point. I haven't touched the game since Sapienza came out and they took a month to release the elusive target. IIRC, they said that after the first week on launch it would be out and by the time it eventually did come out everyone was already sick of Paris, including me.
>>
>>340736120
If that's what you think, then yes.
>>
It's my GOTY so far as well. The only game I can see surpassing it is maybe Dishonored 2.
>>
File: 13309082960958.png (282 KB, 800x998) Image search: [Google]
13309082960958.png
282 KB, 800x998
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>340734705
Could be GOTY if they fix all those bugs, shitty loading times and always online by the end of year.
Also it's pretty hard when Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex MD, FFXV come out this year too.
>>
File: Hitman-Agent-47-featured-image.jpg (146 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Hitman-Agent-47-featured-image.jpg
146 KB, 900x900
>>
>>340737346
Is agent 47 asexual?
>>
>>340737420
Was Ortmeyer even mentioned in the movie?
>>
>>340737469
its implied in the first game
>>
>>340737478
not according to the cast
>>
>>340734705
>>340734943
>>340737346
It truly is the GOAT

>tfw IO-I are listening to our complaints and feedback and making changes
It makes me happy.
>>
>>340735012
It was a decent stealth game but not a Hitman game under any metric.
>>
>>340734705
Episode 3 is boring

waiting for Taiwan
>>
>>340738689
You're kidding me, this guy is a thing ?
>>
>>340737847
I hope they add keyhole peeping. Hopefully the holes in the walls of the school in Marrakesh that you could peep through were just them testing out the function before committing.
>>
>>340739662
they're already working on suitcases and double ballers
>>
>>340740638
>suitcase
Nice

>dual wielding
Meh. Unless you can shoot two targets at once, which you can't, dual wielding is pretty pointless.
>>
>>340735230
>>
>>340740638
source?
>>
>>340741394
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/734468874377265152
>>
It's a great game
>>
>>340735890
I agree with this, but the disadvantage is when an episode is not particularly strong like Marrakesh
>>
>>340740638
Literally the two things I want.
>>
GOD TIER
Sapienza

GREAT TIER
Paris > Marrakesh

GOOD TIER
Military Base

EH TIER
Yacht
>>
>>340734705
It's pretty good but why is the soundtrack so shit? Past hitman games always had memorable tracks.
>>
>>340745892
I like the main theme, the variations on it and that orchestral music that starts playing when you killed both targets and weren't caught.

Also, the song in the flashback cinematic.
>>
>>340734705
It's honestly getting better than Blood Money. To make a long story short, you can point at just about every system of gameplay in HITMAN and say it's Blood Money but better. Not to mention the Contracts and Escalation system keeping it fresh. It was the most I've ever been immersed in a Hitman game. Every moment of tension, every perfectly orchestrated kill, and every newly discovered path to the objective was satisfying, and I'd contribute that a bit to the amazing sound design and the criminally unavailable OST.

This is one of the few games I don't mind sounding like an absolute shill over because people are honestly missing out without at least indulging in the Soviet Base and Paris from the Intro Pack. It's only $5 more in the end if you buy every map at full price. Not to mention the episodic release is actually lending to better design due to feedback, so the game's only getting better.

HITMAN was a veritable oasis in the desert of shitty sequels and reboots we've been getting in recent years. With Dishonored 2 and Mankind Divided on the horizon, 2016 is looking to be a great year.
>>
>>340745892
No Jesper Kyd
>>
>ALWAYS ON DRM

I can't believe neo-/v/ is okay with this bullshit. We used to trash games just for having it!
>>
Marekesh level is so badly programmed. Guards letting you pass through without saying a word, then when you get passed them you're 'trespassing'. I've had some guards actually saying hi and shit before i got passed them.
>>
>>340747540
Really? Weird. Guards always do the hold out hand animation and tell me to fuck off.
>>
>>340745892
the music can be fine, but the engine behind it shit. music constantly getting cut out and sometimes overlapping with eachother.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.