[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Patch 1.08
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
Archdragon Peak: Fixed the freeze when jumping into the fog after ringing the bell.

The Rinfinger Leonhard quest will now start properly after the removal of the restriction on the maximum number of Pale Tongues that can be offered to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth.

Trophies will now unlock correctly even if the required item is sent directly to the storage.

Fixed a Skill being changed based on a right hand weapon when equipping White Hair Talisman on the left hand while holding the Sacred Flame with both hands

The Horsehoof Ring (which increases stamina drains of ATK) will no longer affect other attacks besides its initial effect on kicks.

It will no longer be possible to equip a helm when using a Wax Pool after using the Dragon Head Stone.

Fixed the HP drain damage of Symbol of Avarice when resting near bonfire.

Fixed a spell animation and effect not synching up when using the magic repetitively.

Fixed when summoning the white phantom NPC under a certain circumstance, the character’s collision will properly function nullifying all enemy attacks.

Fixed issue where skills could be performed even when a certain amount of FP was not available.

Adjusted the attack cancel parameters of some curved swords attacks.

Adjusted the attack power and skills of fist and claw weapons.

Adjusted the skills of twin blade weapons.

Fixed the scythe not penetrating shields at close distances.

Adjusted stamina consumption and attack cancel parameters for rapier weapons.

Adjusted the attack collision for the washing pole weapon.

Adjusted parameters of Farron Hail and Busting Fireball.

Adjusted casting speed, stamina consumption, cancel timing of some Spells.

Increased the number of arrows/bolts that can be possessed.
>>
>>340679882
During online multiplayer: During the invasion of a Dark Phantom, the host will no longer be separated from his area.

During online multiplayer: A dark phantom can no longer be forcibly brought back in some maps.

During online multiplayer: When the player is summoned during a boss battle, the boss will no longer become motionless even after the player is back to his/her world.

The status effects below the stamina gauge will no longer be hidden when opening the top menu with HUD display set to auto.

The voice chat icon will now remain visible when the HUD display is set to “Auto.”
Fixed the display of strength level shown in the equipment menu when using two-handed weapon.

Other game balance parameters have been adjusted.

Several game flaws fixed.

>translation
Swordmaster glitch fixed
Sacred Flame glitch fixed
Spell swap glitch fixed
1FP glitch fixed
>>
Already got the plat. I'll go back for the DLC
>>
>>340679882
>Increased the number of arrows/bolts that can be possessed.
Please tell me they've increased the number of splinter and explosive bolts you can carry. I hate being forced to go to the maid to buy them so frequently.
>>
is dark sword still cancer?
>>
Did they patch out the Dancer glitch with SwordMaster?
Please tell me they left that in.
>>
>>340681232
Cant you read?
>Fixed when summoning the white phantom NPC under a certain circumstance, the character’s collision will properly function nullifying all enemy attacks.

Yes its patched. Best way of killing her early now is to get a bandit's knife and bleed her, dodging her attacks in the process. I hope you got gud.
>>
>>340680353
increased the amount that can be out in storage, not the amount that can be equipped.
>>
Poise is still non-existant so don't bother
>>
>>340681353
Nope.
Dropping this shit game.

I bet the magic is even more awful than it was before after the patch and still isn't viable. Bet it's still all quality builds for viability. Bet attunement doesn't give slots worth a fuck yet.

No thanks. Scholar is way better than this casual trash.

>>340681518
This too. I'm hoenstly debatign maybe not touchign another series of theirs again. Armored Core went to shit, Souls went to shit. Demon's and Bloodborne and all their single game series do the best it seems.
>>
>>340681798
>being this much of a shitter
lol
>>
>>340681798
>i cant cheat anymore and become stupidly OP
>well, i can but i dont wanna git gud
>this game is shit!
piss off then
>>
>>340682076
>>340682129
Not even at all what I said.

Excellent reading comprehension /v/ anons.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10405830/r
>>
>>340680523
I barely see anyone use it. Only people using strait swords now are quality builds.
>>
>>340679882
Have they buffed magic or nerfed rapiers yet?

I'm gonna start a new character after they've buffed magic
>>
>>340681412
That's good too.
>>
>>340681798

Anon, magic is slowly, but surely, getting better each patch that we get.

In fact, in this patch we got:

>Complete change to Farron Hail. It works like the one that the boss, Soul of Cinder, casts.
>Minor buff to Exploding Fireball. Still not good, but it's better than before and has more crowd control capabilities.
>Major buff to Warmth. It's literally better than the DaSII version because it constantly pulses with healing waves instead of pulsing every two seconds. It also heals much more HP now.
>Casting speed buffs to miracles, more projectile speed given to Gnaw and Dohry's Gnawing (along with more bleed damage)
>Lifehunt Scythe literally deals about 40% more damage and heals 50% more HP if it connects
>Dark Edge, Soul Greatsword, and many other sorceries can be cast much, much more quickly

Magic's pretty great now. Just a couple more adjustments and some more spell variety and it'll be great, although having to invest 60 for maximum damage kinda sucks.
>>
>>340682242
>Not even at all what i said
>"Did they patch out the Dancer glitch with SwordMaster? Please tell me they left that in."
Off to plebbit with you.
>>
>>340682646
Which one is more fun, going for generic magic or dark miracle magic?
>>
>>340682646
If they would just make the farron;s swords deal respectable damage, and slightly increase all other spell's damage, it'd be perfectly viable. Also make the hardcap at 40, 60 is ridiculous for ANY stat, especially now that vitality and luck have been introduced.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119101543484/

Poise is working as intended. Embrace the Darkness!
>>
>>340682646
I'mstill way too goddamn squishy. It requires too much of a chunk taken out of health to be survivable. And attunement doesn't give enough slots as far as I know.
>inb4 Darkmoon ring
Yeah that's totally possible to go after at sl 120.

>>340682647
Nigger I'm not goign to make a bleed build and use a dagger and roll and go through 20 tries just to twink. I'll go back to DS1. Cry more about getting twinked I still have my build in this for 3 that already beat her early using him. I don't give a fuck. I don't like this one;'s balancing as much anyway. The areas are uninspired. The same shit as in all the other games. The game is stupidly linear. Most linear of them all.
I'm sure they buffed it, but I highly doubt they are now anywhere nearly as good as you say.
Besides there's still not enough slots. Obey 4 or 6 spells? Sure feels like one shitty fucking mage.

I'm too old for this garbage. I was ruined by the good times.
>>
File: flavortown.png (85 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.png
85 KB, 312x332
>>340683213
>IT'S A FEATURE
>>
>>340683246
>just to twink
You can't even twink you dumbass, invasions and summons are decided by your weapon's highest reinforcement.

Sorry you cant git gud, keep crying though.
>>
>>340679882
So are fist weapons good now or what?
>>
>>340683507
>implying I have to upgrade weapons
What the fuck? Are you high?
>>
I'm just pissed they ruined weapon arts. My Twin Prince's and Morne's Hammer builds are useless now.
>>
>>340681798
>Complains about not being able to cheat and exploit
>Proceeds to call it casual
The irony just constipated me.
>>
>>340679882
>adjusted
>adjusted
>adjusted
>find out for yourselves what we actually did, you fucks
Why even release patch notes
>>
>>340683512
they got a damage boost, but that's not enough to make them not shitty.
>>
File: 1461040067076.jpg (293 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1461040067076.jpg
293 KB, 621x621
>>340683213
Fuck this game man.

>>340683742
How is having a lot of attunement slots cheating? Please explain to me how having more than 6 attunement slots would be cheating?
>>
>>340682646
Desperately needs more spells that hit for low damage but literally fill the entire room like some from Dark SOuls 2 to put some pressure
>>
>>340683768
It's more challenging this way anon!
Also,
Embrace The Darkness!!! XD!
>>
I'm trying to defeat Occy at sl29. I have a +9 weapon. The password I've set is hornet. I'd like some help.
>>
>>340684027
Plus, some spells use up multiple slots so it's not like you're rolling out with 6 spells to counter everything or something. You still need to pick and choose what spells you'll need for the area ahead. And as enemies get stronger, you'll need better spells and better spells use up more slots. So really, not much has changed.

>>340683806
That's good. Might not be a LOT, but it helps I guess. Perseverance seems like a crap weapon art though. It only lasts 3 bloody seconds, which is about long enough to run up to someone and punch them once.
>>
>>340685187
>you'll need for the area ahead
>not for pvp
Fuck pve. Pve is boring as shit.
>>
>>340685187
>Perseverance seems like a crap weapon art though
Use it to trade. It's won me so many invasions I've lost count. Nobody expects you to power through their attack while taking zero damage and delivering one of your own.
>>
>>340683060

There's only one dark miracle that deals damage: Dead Again.

Unfortunately, that one is mediocre compared to its DaSII version so I don't recommend using it. You can, however, use dark sorceries if you want. Dark Edge hits very hard and can be cast much more quickly now. Affinity isn't as insanely powerful as it was in the previous two games, but it still hits hard. Great Deep Soul is a covenant reward, but it's worth getting. It can be cast very quickly, tracks well, especially at a distance, and its damage is great. I recommend mixing up both sorceries and dark sorceries because the most consistently good catalyst, Court Sorcerer's Staff, will out-damage dual-scaling catalysts meant for dark sorceries, such as the Izalith Catalyst and the Crystal Chime. This is only at 60 INT, though. Anything lower and you might be better off going with the Crystal Chime since the Izalith Catalyst kinda sucks. Also, even though the game kinda implies that you need both INT and FAI to utilize dark spells to their full potential, you actually don't. Like I mentioned before, 60 INT will make dark sorceries more powerful than going, say, 40/40, which is way better for pyromancies than dark sorceries.

>>340683078

I don't think Flashsword needs a buff, but I agree about the softcap. Making it 60 is ridiculous, but they not only did that, they also made INT/FAI levels at and past 40 give the best increase to spell damage. That's what I find the most ridiculous.

>>340683246

24 ATT is a good amount and gives you 4 slots, which can be further increased by the Saint/Deep Rings and the Darkmoon Ring. It's also just the right amount of FP with which to cast spells frequently. I agree that focusing so heavily on magic stats limits your weapon variety, but that's just something we have to deal with unless FROM makes some further changes to stats gained from INT/FAI levels.
>>
>>340684481

That's what I think Pestilent Mercury was intended to do, but they made it deal incredibly shitty damage.

Considering what they did to Warmth, I'm confident that they'll give PM the same treatment.
>>
>>340679882
>Adjusted the skills of twin blade weapons.

NO NO NO YOU SLANTY EYED FUCKS DON'T YOU TOUCH MY TWIN BLADE BLEED BUILD FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>340685453
24 is fucking trash.
4 spells? I'm still pretty much not going to be able to pull anything out of my ass. It leaves you with such a limited, predictable strategy of projctiles. All it allows really is room for one strategy and if that doesn't work go fuck yourself. I prefer in two how I could pull out faith spells, magic, hexes and or pyromaniacs and always keep the enemy on their toes. Now it just feels too weak. Too tame. Too easy to predict. Mages are shit.
Also they should have kept casting speed. No reason not too. This is trash for mages this time around. So I'm going back to 2 for it. Might as well just stick to the dagger then. While you're at, might as well just reallocate to 40 dex for that dagger. I don't like having to be so strictly confined in my types of spells and damages. Melee can have more options at hand then a mage, easily. So it's fucked.
Also you HAVE to be liek level 30 at the most for the Darkmoon covenant to get any invasions and farming the ring takes fucking forever. Not worth it when 2 is much more mage friendly, and leaves a more satisfying experience playing as one. I'll just go to that.

Magic is essentially what it was reduced to in Bloodborne still. Not meant to be a main way of fighting at all. Takes all your points to be useful.
>>
>still playing dark swords 3
>>
>>340685453
>>340686165
Also if you're suggesting use all those rings then you lose any other options you could have and your build still comes out with less things going on with it than you can have as a melee.
It's very harsh to mages for no reason other than "fuck you for wanting to play as one". It's almost like it was an after thought to them this time, or like they really didn't want to have to put it in. Should have removed magic then altogether.
>>
>>340681798
>"Waaaaah waaaahaaaha waaaa"
>>
>>340686165
>>340686541

so basically you want to literally use everything on one character

that's pretty dumb, honestly
>>
>>340681798
>complains that pressing r1 once dont instakill enemies at all distances like in dark souls 2
yea you should go back to dark souls 2
>>
>>340681412

I was going to comeback when I heard about the arrow change, if this is all it is I'm out

Thank god someone else bought this game for me
>>
>>340685393
>>340685438
Since all I hear about PvP is 1v3 fights where the host will summon more and more phantoms forever or whatever I have zero interest in PvP. There's been hundreds of threads all complaining about it, PvP doesn't sound fun at all.

>>340686165
Don't forget that's actually 4 slots, so if you want to bring a spell that uses 2 slots it takes up half your available slots.

Plus, 24 attunement doesn't really give you thaaaaat much FP. It's enough to get by but only if you dedicate the majority of your flasks to ashen.

Seriously, I go around with only one estus and the rest ashen. I will go 2 estus if I'm fighting a boss but that's it. As a magic character I do shit melee weapon so if I ever run out of FP then I might as well lie down and accept death.

Plus there are certain rings you almost have to take with you, like the one that reduces casting time.

That being said...

Look man, just let me aim spells like people can aim bows. It would make enemies like Curse Rotted Great Wood a lot more fair.
>>
>>340686694
How did I say that at all?
I don't want to use melee on one character. I just want to be able to make a mage you doesn't have only 1 strategy each fucking fight and can use more than a few shitty spells to keep someone busy. I did it in Dark Souls 2. I'm going to go back there and do it again. I don't see why it's making you so upset that I'm not praising this one.

Perhaps you just have autism and don't like me preferring another game and think I should follow in your stead for some reason and keep playing this piece of shit.

>>340686821
That is another thing. PvP is all gankfests. If you even manage to get summoned. Scholar had connectivity issues, but my god this is atrocious. I don't want to fight the same enemies in pve over and over again. That's so boring, so tedious. They're already so stupidly easy. There isn't much point to NG+ and up. Beat it once, watch the other endings on youtube. Call it good.

>like the one that reduces casting time
I really want an explanation for why they couldn't keep casting speed like it was in DS2. There is no reason. Just none.
>>
>>340687263
>Spawn into someone else's world
>See someone run up behind you
>Still stuck in animation
>Get backstabbed before you can do anything
>Die
>>
>>340680178
These Concord Kepts are proving to be elusive.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.