[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you enjoying Stellaris, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Is it any good?
>>
>>340617006
I pirated Stellaris and Master of Orion. What should I play?
>>
>>340617006
It's really not too bad. The first time you play the game it's a bit eh... after the first maybe hour. it gets really addicting.

You play for like 50 hours in this state of fun... then it gets really obvious that the game's features are sort of barren. There's so much simple things they could've done to make it 10/10 game, but they just feel lazy.

Eventually you come to the conclusion that it's a fun enough game, but it just takes soo much time to get anything done (10 hour games are standard).

If you're a neet with nothing to do for the rest of the week. Then go for it. If you're trying to play inbetween looking after a family, or studying or even working... you gon heb problems.
>>
>>340617345
both, you'll drop both of them after like 10 hours of playing each anyway.
>>
For me personally it was 10% fun and 90% tedious and frustrating. For a game that is supposed to be about creating your own empire and letting you do everything it doesn't really let you do the things you want. The game seems to penalize you for wanting to wipe out other empires by not really allowing you to do just that, despite the fact you created a white xenophobic master race.

You can only refuse an empires surrender so many times before you start really paying for it, the game doesn't even want you to play the way you want to.
>>
>>340617006
after the first 50 years it becomes really stale
>>
>>340617345

moo2
>>
>>340617006
Feels unfinished and shallow.

Its just a barebones of what it should be, and no "its our first time experience with 4x games!" is not an excuse.

CK2 in space my ass
>>
>Create a 100% white xenophobic militaristic race
>Suddenly monkeys start appearing in the years to follow
>Dropped
>>
Birth of the federation did it better over a decade ago
>>
>>340617006
I got to year 2300 or something like that, late mid-game anyway, then unisntalled

after a while there isn't anything interesting left to do

I'll probably reinstall in 2019 when there's +20 DLCs worth of extra content
>>
>>340617006
It's fun but once you understand how it REALLY plays in the long run then you'll realize how hard it stagnates.
Once you start snowballing all you do it wait to become federation president, start wars to take little bits of space by ceding disgusting alien's planets and slowly take over the galaxy. This is the only way of actually winning as far as I know besides colonizing 40% of habitable planets which is a fuck-ton.
Pirate it first, then see if it's worth 40 dollars.

I kind of regret it, but I know updates, DLC and mods will make it very decent. If you're hardcore into roleplaying your empires then you'll always have fun.
>>
wait 2 years for the 30 dlc packs then try again
>>
>>340617006
It's absolute garbage, it feels like they left a bunch of shit out just to add it in the DLC later, it's fucking boring early,mid and late game, don't buy it, if anything just torrent it.
>>
i got bored already. the basics are as good as any space 4x, but other space 4x also have fleshed out games all the way through and don't simply fall apart after 300~ turns - so you may as well play other space 4x.
>>
>>340617006
performance is shit late game, sectors are shit and there is no strategy to combat, the higher number wins.
>>
>>340617006
Diplomacy is non-existant
Empire control is ass
Empire customization is lacking for whatever reason

Verdict: wait for patches and DLC so they'll actually finish the game
>>
>>340617006
I'd love to play it but every 30m it locks up and I have to shut down my entire computer.

That and diminishing returns on science are fucking garbage.
>>
>>340617006
boring as shit

alot less laggy than the mess that is HOI4 tho
>>
>>340620512
Anon, i think it's time to replace that IBM ThinkPad of yours
>>
I've been really enjoying it. Playing it with friends and having a blast being space assholes.

It looks deep but it's really pretty shallow, but I kind of like it. There's a bunch of stuff that's pretty iffy at the moment because they're putting stuff in through patches as they go along. Diplomacy is pretty Civ5-tier bad, I'd say. Launch Civ5 at least. But supposedly it's going to improve.

desu senpai they shouldn't have charged more than like $20 for the game in the state it's in. It mostly works, but it really does feel incomplete.
>>
>>340620693
I actually have a memeware.
>>
File: 1435786630446.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1435786630446.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>340620905
>>
File: laugh.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>340620905
>>
File: 1458558731506.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1458558731506.gif
103 KB, 458x438
>>340620905
come on man
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.