[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ play local multiplayer games with their friends? Post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: duck_logo.jpg (157 KB, 1024x560) Image search: [Google]
duck_logo.jpg
157 KB, 1024x560
Does /v/ play local multiplayer games with their friends?

Post your favorites, along with a minireview.
Pic related is a ton of fun. It's pretty silly and will get a lot of laughs at first. As you play it gets less "haha" funny but the matches become a lot more intense and skill driven, making them fun in a new way and in a lot of cases incredibly satisfying. The community is pretty small, but it's great local multiplayer and the workshop has a ton of good maps on it.
>>
>>340546726
I played Duck Game with some friends a while ago during a free weekend and had a good time. I wish it were easier to share maps and mods with your friends though.

Liero and its variants stands out for me as the classic local multiplayer game on pc.

There is a game called Crawl on steam that my friends and I enjoy. Players try to escape a dungeon by defeating a boss while the other players control the dungeon's monsters and traps to try and kill the adventurer. Whoever kills the adventurer possesses his body and then tries to escape. Gets pretty cutthroat.
>>
Oh fuck, i forgot to introduce my roommates to this game, they wouldve loved this.
>>
>>340547538
I saw Crawl a while back, is it actually local multiplayer? I thought it was an online-only ordeal. Regardless it looked like a fun game.
Yeah it's kinda shitty sharing maps, you have to add them all to a collection and then send that to them. Thankfully only the host needs to have the custom maps installed.
>>
>>340547538
me and a friend played a liero clone called luola for an entire semester of college, i really friggin enjoyed it
>>
>>340547787
Crawl is local only, I think it was made with console or cabinet play in mind. I stream it onto my TV and have my friends bring over their xbox/ps controllers.
>>
>>340548314
Hrm, looks good. It says it's coming to GOG soon, I think I'll get it once it releases there.
>>
Gang Beasts is a fun ass party brawler but its unstable as fuck. Combat is very freeform, your controls are basically just controlling parts of your body.
>>
>>340546726
>>340550130
Two god tier local co-op games

>Duck Game 2 when
>>
quack
>>
>>340550671
The main dev is still working on updates. The one coming out soon is going to allow all the local co-op features in online multiplayer and has levelling, along with some other stuff.
There is also guys making a Duck Game+ mod which looked pretty cool. Not sure when it's coming out, though. quack
>>
I want to invest in a cabinet, or make one myself, I put my desk together so making a ghetto cabinet shouldn't be too hard right?
>>
Stardust Vanguards is fun with a handful of people.
>>
>>340546726
Why are there so many of this type of game?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.