[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT games that inexplicably trigger /v/'s autism >criticize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
ITT games that inexplicably trigger /v/'s autism

>criticize moviegames
>Hate MGSV cuz it's not a moviegame

>Love MGS2 for its metaplot about the nature of video games and relationship between player and avatar
>Hate MGSV for doing something similar because NOT MUH BIG BOSS
>>
MGSV sucked because it wasn't complete
>>
>>340461950
>MGSV sucked because it wasn't complete
>MGS2 also had huge chunk of cut content.
>whole plant chapter screams development deadlines, starting for complete lack of textures to very basic environment design, gets significantly worse in the end when you get to arsenal
>diffidence is even more drastic when you compare it with incredibly detailed tanker chapter
>Kojima used unfinished nature of the game in the metaplot of the game just like in MGSV
>>
>>340463272
>starting from
fix
>>
File: Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork.png (105 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork.png
105 KB, 250x290
>criticize walking simulators
>criticize mechanically shallow games
>hate RE6 cuz it's not a mechanically shallow walking simulator
>cry to no end about how series suppose to dumb itself down and return to it's shallow walking simulator roots

Also:

>scream and cry about how big AAA titles are all simplistic, casualized and have zero depth gameplay, small amount of content, 5 hour campaigns and cut content for DLC
>the only big AAA release that had vast amounts of content, gameplay with depth that respects skilled players, no cut content for DLC and a very long campaign are hated with passion by /v/
>>
>>340461950
No, MGSV disappointed you because it wasn't complete

Your opinion isn't fact no matter how hard you will it
>>
>>340461682
it did it worse than mgs2, and it didn't need to be done again anyway.
>>
Other M

>bawww it's not more haloid bawwww
>>
>>340464293
my face when you apologists shitters see kojima admits he made the game as shitty as possible for the sake of lerusexd can't be contained by a reaction image
>>
>>340461682
this game is only good for one thing - quiets tits, and nothing you say will ever change this. it is the worst game in the fucking series.
>>
>>340464453
I sure do love my action games with awful controls, and my metroid games with no exploration
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 502x108) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
19 KB, 502x108
Why can't I stop playing?
>>
>>340464505
I thought it was really good myself. I liked the open world approach and it let me tackle the same areas in completely different ways as I got better or got new equipment.

Personally I just think it's the most fun one to play, even if the other stuff like the plot wasn't exactly up to snuff.
>>
File: 1463928069680.jpg (321 KB, 1400x827) Image search: [Google]
1463928069680.jpg
321 KB, 1400x827
>>340461682
The parallels and contrast with MGS2 was my favorite part about that game and really makes me want to like it, but it's fucking boring and lazy (in regards to plot AND gameplay) and you should accept that.
>>340464268
Wholeheartedly agree with this though, I was as much of a PS1babby as the next guy but pre-4 RE is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>340464659
>awful controls
No auto-correct to guide a poor baby's moves? God help if you ever play one those real arcade games.
>>
>>340464453
Other M is more like halo than Prime ever will be though.
>>
>>340464268
/v/ is one of the few places where people actively like and defend this game

It deserves it too, game was fun as fuck
>>
>>340464659
I sure do love my FPS games with tank movement, and my metroid games with fanfic lore
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
80% of people hate this game because of a combination of "it's popular so it sucks now" and "well if Tumblr likes it then I sure as fuck shouldn't!"

Hell, most of the people have just decided to hate it without even playing the game. And then you're going to spout memes in response to this because you just saw the picture and didn't bother reading the post.
>>
>>340464680
Because it's literally the korean grinder of the series?
>>
>>340464781
>but it's fucking boring and lazy (in regards to plot AND gameplay) and you should accept that.
It's not. And i will not accept that. Honestly if you didn't liked MGSV and didn't had fun with it you probably have a depression or something. Maybe ADHD.
>>
File: 1402358254133.png (1 MB, 1000x897) Image search: [Google]
1402358254133.png
1 MB, 1000x897
>>340461950

Nah, MGSV sucked because it didn't feel like a Metal Gear game in any shape or form; it's devoid of the charisma, tone, and quirks of the series. Adding more to it wouldn't fix it for me.
>>
>>340464502
> made the game as shitty as possible

It literally has the best gameplay of the MGS series and of almost every game to come out that year. How hard did he try to make it shitty, do you think?
>>
>>340464986
>YFW people got extremely butthurt when undertale's review scores topped MGSV
Justice was done.
>>
>>340464932
You must have browsed the different /v/ than me then. I remember so many RE threads where people hate on RE6 to no end with so many bullshit reasons.
>>
>>340464680

What could you possibly be doing in there?
>>
>>340464502
Show me where he admitted to explicitly making the game intentionally bad

Call me an apologist all you want, I'm happy to admit TPP was a flawed and incomplete game, but you ebin vee hates gaems faggots need to learn that your own salt over not getting the amazing fanfic you'd built up in your head isn't an objective appraisal of what the game is
>>
Well mgs2 did it better, the story in mgs5 just doesn't jive and connect with the same impact and strength 2 had.

They are different games, it shouldn't get a free pass for doing a similar thing
>>
>>340464883
>action game
>3D levels
>dpad only controls
Irredeemable shit
>>
I still love MGSV, but it's painful how close to perfect it is whilst still falling short. People need to stop blaming Konami for Kojima's incompetence, he had plenty of time and money to realase a finished product. Everything in the game was shown in demos and trailers well before release so I'd love to know what Kojima spent the last 18 months or so doing.
>>
>>340465058
>korean grinder
What kind of fucked up thought process have lead you to that conclusion?
>>
File: bf9.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
bf9.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>340461682
>>
>>340465486
There is plenty of 3d games with d-pad controls, anon.
>>
>>340464956
Fuck prime. It doesn't mean Other shit is a good game. Where are the 2D metroid games?
>>
>>340465384
having fun
>>
>>340465594

Probably the research and base building that takes hours/days/weeks to finish and the fact that base building is all about gathering more resources to build your base to gather more resources to build your base to gather more resources. It's a bigger time sink than some MMOs.
>>
I liked it for awhile but the uninspired mission design killed my interest about halfway through.
>>
>>340465594
The part where you literally have to get inhuman amounts of resources to max your FOBs
You need S++ soldiers across the board to get grade 8-9 equipment
THEN YOU GOTTA WAIT TWO WEEKS FOR THE EQUIPMENT TO BE DONE BUDDY

stupid apologists never playing the goddamn game
>>
>>340461682
>/v/ is one person
MGSV is a bad game. You're either an idiot or haven't actually played it.
>>
>>340465721
and those are all bad too. You just don't do that
>>
>>340465721
If its an action game released in fucking 2010, its shit.
>>
>>340465470
>Well mgs2 did it better, the story in mgs5 just doesn't jive and connect with the same impact and strength 2 had.
It's like everyone who played MGS2 in 2001 instantly connected with it's story and called it genius. Totally not like it took many years of plot analysis for the general masses to asses how actually good the story is, yeah. Many people hated MGS2, that's a fact.
>>
>>340465887
Anyone who says MGSV is a bad game has no fucking clue what a bad game actually is.

MGSV is a disappointing game. It is not a bad game.
>>
>>340465829
oh no

an excuse to continue playing the game
>>
File: 351zvvd.png (27 KB, 477x387) Image search: [Google]
351zvvd.png
27 KB, 477x387
>>340461682
Am I the only one who thinks that the phantom boss plot twist couldve been actually a great thing with alot of potential. It makes sense if we had to think about it with MG 1 and MG 2 in mind, but it didnt work as because there was no time givin left to finish the story or to develop some potential good character development for Venom.
>>
>>340465721
Unless its a slow paced horror or adventure game, its bad.
>>
>>340465829
You don't need grade 8 to complete the game though. It's a very good and thought out system that rewards players who like the game and want more incentive to play.
>>
Two problems with mgs5: it's unfinished and the open world is boring.
>>
>>340465972
you really think years from now people are gonna look back and think MGSV was a masterpiece like they did with 2?
>>
>>340466005

It would have worked if there was more to the story than what we saw in the trailer. Instead we get a cutscene every now and then of BB standing around like an autist whilst Kaz gets pissed over nothing then suddenly LOL I TROLL U with absolutely no build up or reason.
>>
File: 58pBUIoE_400x400.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
58pBUIoE_400x400.png
196 KB, 400x400
Since /v/ is so autistic about this game, I have no choice but to spoiler it. Open at your own peril.
>>
>>340466381
There is though, the story of your own PF as it grows and squares off against the internet
>>
>>340466058
>>340465964
>>340465897
Holy shit, the neo /v/ is real. To all you babies out there: d-pad is a very precise form of control and you can easily build a good 3d game around it. If it's universally used method of control does not mean it's bad. What matters is the design of the game and how good it is. The could be hard to control on purpose and still be fun. If you build you game around universally accepted control layouts you'll end up with homogenized garbage, see: the modern western AAA market.
>>
File: Genei_Ibun_Roku_cover_art.jpg (135 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Genei_Ibun_Roku_cover_art.jpg
135 KB, 250x250
The greatest, highest quality, most original and unique JRPG of the generation and it gets unfair amounts of hate from Sonyggers, Nintendo haters and SJWs.

https://twitter.com/OpKOWASHITAI

Support Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE on Twitter today by helping to get #OperationKOWASHITAI trending!
>>
MGSV is everything wrong with video games now, and Kojimadrones praise it as the best game in recent years.
>>
>>340466350
Yes. New people who will play MGSV many years from now won't have the insane hype and pumped up expectations clouding their heads, they will be able to judge the game for what it is. Just like with MGS2.
>>
>>340466859
Holy shit nice hyperbole you massive faggot
>>
File: king.jpg (61 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
61 KB, 500x310
>>340466754
>Faiah Emburem the Idolm@ster Weeb Musical
>The greatest, highest quality, most original and unique JRPG of the generation
>>
>>340466873
and they'll be wrong
whoa
>>
>>340466381
Here we go, the movie-game crowd have finally arrived!

You can't design the classic hand-holding storytelling experience in game with open-world structure where the player have a freedom of choice what he will do and when. That's why Assassin's Creed games suck: they try to emulate on rails story-telling in a fucking open world game. MGSV does it right.
>>
File: 1465053828511.png (253 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1465053828511.png
253 KB, 500x350
>>340464986
Here's to (You)
Your love for shitty artists
And that retarded hack with his ruses and unfinished games for the sake of a stupid message
>>
>>340466643
>If it's not universally used method of control does
late fix, fuck you mobile
>>
>>340467232
>i like schizophrenic storytelling
>>
>>340461682
>It's a dumb shitposter whose first mgs was v doesn't understand a single thing about why people disliked the game and goes on a rant so he can be part of what he thinks is the cool guys mgs club episode
>>
File: 161681.jpg (97 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
161681.jpg
97 KB, 540x540
>>340466001
you should keep playing the game because you're enjoying yourself, not because you're waiting for a progress bar to tick down
>>
>>340467048
>I'm triggered by a good game because it's actually good, not on Playstation, and has cute girls
Bye retard
>>
>>340461682
It had no build up and no climax. I didn't even realise that Sally was supposed to be the last boss and anything after was bonus. I just ran out of missions all of a sudden and was like, "wait, that's it?"
>>
>>340466873

Bullshit.

People look back on MGS2 so positively because:

>It was honestly revolutionary at the time, had technology out the ass. Had so many little details that even MGSV overlooked or ignored.

>It predicted how the internet age would end up; with mass surveillance and a subtle hand approach to media manipulation.

>All of the twists were actually twists, it was a true to form post-modern game. It wasn't Kojima lampooning his previous twists, it was Kojima lampooning his own game and series by going meta.

The only thing MGSV has going for it is the gameplay, which honestly gets stale because it's open world. When you spend years developing a HUGE world, you often forget to put meaningful things to do in it.
>>
File: mgsv hype.png (33 KB, 948x228) Image search: [Google]
mgsv hype.png
33 KB, 948x228
heh
>>
>>340467446
But what if the game is enjoyable but there is nothing to do anymore? That is also a bad design. MGSV is enjoyable and there is plenty of stuff to do. That good design.
>>
>>340466754
Its a good game that was gutted by NoA, they've even said they completely changed the tone in some parts
hell they even had the jap VAs re-record some lines to be accurate with the censored subtitled dialogue
>>
>>340467634
>I enjoyed MGSV and there is plenty of grind to do. I'm a stupid monkey.
ftfy
>>
>>340465995
the only good video games came out 2 decades ago.
only bad video games get released these days.
>>
>>340461682
MGSV would be a lot better if it was 12-15 Camp Omega sized bases
The open world doesn't really add anything good to the game, just a lot of running around from base to base
>>
>>340467879
What about Deus Ex? That came out less than 2 decades ago.
>>
>>340465549
If Kojima were just making a game on Unreal 4 I would understand why people would think he was wasting time and money, but he literally made the entire game from scratch, engines aren't cheap

>>340464268
RE6 has solid combat mechanics and mercs is a blast but god that campaign really blows chunks. Too much handholdy corridors and scripted vehicle/turret segments
>>
>>340467950
give it a few more years
>>
>>340461682

>make a thread with retardedly wrong misinformation
>>
>>340467950
He was being sarcastic, anon.
>>
>>340468093
I'm not so sure.
>>
>>340467717
Grind is an incentive to play and enjoy the game more. In MGSV grind does not hamper your experience, it is happening slowly in the background while you play. You don't have to do something over and over. I could be replaying a mission trying to perfect my all objectives no traces run or i could just fuck around in the open world.

Basically there is a difference between "grind is the only reason i play this game i'm a stupid monkey" and "i really enjoy this game and grind provides me with more incentive to play".
>>
>>340468065
>engines aren't cheap
And he had 80 mil to back him up.
The engine was done by 2012.
Either he made two completely lackluster yet rather wide maps in three years, or
>>
>>340463272
MGSV's problem wasn't cut content, it's that the game was less than halfway done and the whole thing was rewritten a couple of weeks before release to only use the set pieces they'd already made.

The game was vastly underpopulated, even if the levels were very fun.

>Kojima used unfinished nature of the game in the metaplot of the game just like in MGSV
No he didn't. He was working on a completely different game for much of MGSV's development cycle.
>>
>>340468065
>Too much handholdy corridors and scripted vehicle/turret segments
There is like 4 sections with vehicles or turrets in the whole 30 hour campaign holy shit. And they are also fun as fuck.

>handholdy corridors
What the fuck to even mean by this? RE6 is linear level based game so what do you expect, open world? Holy shit you are retard.
>>
>>340466859
Faggots like you deserve to be banned. You're shitting on a game you've obviously never played.
>>
>>340468398
Oh nice, an expert who just knows how the game has developed. Love these types.
>>
>>340461682
>MGS1
Audience: This is awesome! Can we get some more of this with backstory on Snake?
Kojima: Alright.

>MGS2
A: Whoa, a little more story than I was hoping for. Maybe develop the gameplay some more next time?
K: Alright.

>MGS3
A: Hrm. A little heavy on the gameplay micromanagement, Hideo. Let's tone it down a bit and get back to Snake's story please.
K: Alright

>MGS4
A: What the fuck man, that's way too much fucking story.
K: Alright.

>MGSV
A: CAN YOU FUCKING DO ANYTHING RIGHT YOU GODDAMN NIP?!
K: *sudokus*
>>
>>340468398
I think you might be mixing up MGSV's development nightmare with bioshock infinite. Literally nowhere has it been suggested that he rewrote MGSV shortly before release.
>>
>>340465215
It's more this + it wasn't complete.

MGS was always rooted in a single mission usually in a large facility (Shadow Moses, The Big Shell, Groznygrad, even MGS4 had stuff isolated to each chapter) . So when you have this numerous tiny mission structure and you're constantly back and forth from Africa and Afghanistan it doesn't really work. You also don't have any real learning capability. You don't learn the layout of places, and there is like 1 true indoor environment.

I actually blame fulton for most of MGS5s problems. Fulton trivializes the game in terms of stealth and sneaking.
>>
>>340468773
Surprisingly accurate "in a nut shell" post. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>340467249
Nice meme.
>>
>>340468773
MGS has one of the most divided fanbases in gaming. I wish he would stop listening to those fags and just do what he wants to do.
>>
>>340461682
Thinking about buying this because of Metal Gear Online, is it any fun? Or should I just pirate
>>
>>340464986
>>340465260
MGSV had serious problems and deserved a low score. On the other hand, Undertale had absolutely nothing to warrant such high scores. There were no threads about how people hated Undertale for getting high scores, but every MGS thread for months had at least fifty posts about how we should have played Undertale instead.

This is a stupid argument anyway because MGSV was set to be a fairly long mission-based game that would hold our attention for a long time while Undertale is about an afternoon in length. Undertale was a movie, MGSV was a TV show. You can't compare them on these grounds.

>Hell, most of the people have just decided to hate it without even playing the game
>"well if Tumblr likes it then I sure as fuck shouldn't!"
/v/ made it popular on Tumblr. This argument doesn't even make any sense. I've met an awful lot of tumblrites who found the game hard or even impossible, and never completed it. Yes, all of the fanart and fanfiction is made by people who never actually played or beat the game. For many of them it was the only game they ever played, or tried to play.

The "fandom" or whatever you'd like to call it is actually a separate entity from the game. The only common ground they have is the characters, which have all been ritually sacrificed to the machine of tumblr as all popular indie games are.

People got sick of hearing about Undertale. Really sick of it.
>>
>>340461682
>Hate MGSV for doing something similar
>something similar
Incorrect. The entire structure of MGS2 is built around the metanarrative. In TPP, it's a last-minute twist, it was predicted months ahead of time, contributes nothing to the story, and is actually IGNORED by the game so it can continue to be a dull endless sandbox.

TPP is not a story about the relationship between player and player-character, it's a story about vocal chord parasites.
>>
>>340468984
And the two camps of its fanbase are salty children who can't cope with not getting what they expected and people who can almost blindly accept anything presented to them.
>>
>>340465972
So it hasn't even been a year since V released, what's your point? I should let it sink in until 2020 when suddenly I see it's layered genius?

Who cares? If you're going to compare mgs2 and mgs V right now on June 8th or 2016, mgs2 did it themes, story, meta and ideas/views better than V
>>
>>340468379
Or they spent the time refining the engine and gameplay
>>
>>340469274
I urge you to replay V, because you are patently incorrect. Knowing the details of the twist changes everything that precedes it.
>>
>>340465215
What makes you think these parts weren't simply removed before release? They re-recorded all of Snake's lines before release and early promo cutscenes ended up edited, at the end of the game.

Very little of the writing was completed or implemented and they ended up having to retroactively silence the main character in almost every scene. A lot of recorded cutscene lines ended up as optional tapes instead as they never animated the cutscenes and a bunch of plot threads were dropped.
>>
>>340468398
You're one of those assholes who thought we'd be going to Shadow Moses and Outer Heaven and Iraq to pick up Baby Sniper Wolf, aren't you?

You make up bullshit to justify your hatred of the ending lmao
>>
>>340469479
Fuck off, it's 80 hours long and 90% of it is filler, I'm not replaying it anytime soon. Be more specific.
>>
>>340469550
i hoped you washed your hands after pulling all that out of your ass
>>
>>340469550
Kojima said from the beginning that the game was going to be gameplay oriented and that Snake was going to be a quiet and subdued protagonist

motherfucker, huge parts of the plot were laid out in that very first GDC trailer
>>
>>340468886
>You don't learn the layout of places
Except you actually do. I can draw you layout of any location in MGSV on a piece of paper from memory. Fulton is not a problem. Fulton is band aid to tranquilizer pistol problem that MGS had since MGS2, where player just clear the room with it fast and trivialize the entire game. Instead eliminating it Kojima have decided to embrace this play-style and make it more rewarding. And the he thought "hey fuck it let's a build a game around it, steal solders build you base and shit!"
>>
>>340469550
>baseless speculation based on a soundcloud page full of unused kiefer stock lines
Literally everything in your post is made up.
>>
>>340469274
Uh the entire structure revolves around you commanding MB as snake while also being just another of the hundreds of PFs the story states as starting up after the events of GZ. So it is a pretty neat reflection on that
>>
>>340466873
You're fucking stupid. It's not about it not living up to expectations, even judged without having seen any trailers ok it's own merits it falls short in places. It's not god awful but it is also far from perfect.

It's not even a typical mgs game, not to say that's bad but the overall decision for things like open world kind of worked against it because as an open world game it's disappointing. And that's just one aspect of the thing.
>>
>>340468753
>>340468869
>>340469660
Sutherland said the voice actors were recalled a few weeks before release to re-record everything.

Almost every cutscene in the game was shown in promotional material when the game was first announced.

They removed Sutherland's lines from almost every cutscene that appeared and all of his lines ended up in audio tapes.
>>
File: 1454298630058.png (97 KB, 199x197) Image search: [Google]
1454298630058.png
97 KB, 199x197
>>340468773
>MGS3 bad in any way at all.

Changing camo and healing was fun as fuck and if you consider pausing to do two things micromanaging then good luck on that algebra test guy

also don't get caught dont get shot scrub
>>
>>340469274
>FROM FOX, TWO PHANTOMS WERE BORN
>FOX VS. XOF: A PHANTOM BATTLE WAGED BY THE VANQUISHED

Venom and Skullface are reflections of one another. This was set up since the GDC trailer. The Venom Snake twist is present throughout the game, it just wasn't outright explained until the very last minute and you're so used to longwinded exposition in metal gear you didn't get it.
>>
>>340469479
>Hearing some of Ocelot's lines the second time

Game is loaded with irony like that
>>
>itt: people who can't distinguish between a game being bad and a game not meeting their inflated expectations
>>
>>340469468
Is this why I keep slipping down terrain in the open world? Why my character can't crawl on stairs like in every MGS game? Why instead of fultoning a turret I always ride it?
Why I get spotted by guards that literally spawn behind me in FOB while I try stealing nukes because Fox Engine can't deal with too many objects?

You're a stupid fuck.
The only refining the engine got was having its lighting nerfed since the E3 presentations.
The only refining the gameplay got was taking away all the life from Mother Base.
>>
>>340469692
>90% is filler
>I'm a moviegame loving faggot who constantly needs positive reinforcement from cutscenes and I can't enjoy gameplay for its own sake
>>
>>340470064
>Venom and Skullface are reflections of one another.
oh i get it
its because venom is mute in the jeep ride and skullface talks
wow anon youre so smart
kys you stupid pleb
>>
>>340467232

And yet GTA does it no problem at all. Regardless of the quality, it manages to tell a cohesive story that is uncomplicated by player agency. All you have to do is slap a cutscene on at the start and finish of missions. Open world is no excuse for the mess that is MGSV's plot and narrative.
>>
>>340470123
>expecting anything from metal gear
The games are beloved in spite of the writing and mechanics. It is greater than the sum of its parts.

Almost every release since Metal Gear Solid has been as much hated as liked. What makes you think people have high expectations?
>>
>>340470129
The game was designed around 10 year old hardware, PS3 has 256 system RAM.
>>
>>340470010
Source on 1 and 3 please. They sound like regurgitated /v/ hearsay.

2 is simply untrue. Almost every cutscene was gradually revealed over the course of all the promo material, but certainly not when the game was first announced.
>>
>>340470316
>what makes you think people have high expectations?
...were you around for pre-release?
>>
>>340470219
It's literally filler:the game
The only shit you do relevant to the other part of V is also a cucked experience where you don't even get a boss battle

Maybe you're deluded you were doing something important in Chapter 1 because everybody complains about 2's replay missions
>>
>>340470441
Yes and everyone liked the new engine. Ground Zeroes was really good.

Even in the release game, everyone liked the new engine and Ground Zeroes was still comparatively really good.
>>
>>340470129
>slippery terrain is slippery

Wew. Maybe try not getting detected if you dont want fob guards crawling up your ass
>>
>>340470249
No, it's because they're both phantoms of Big Boss that served opposite roles and reacted to their position in different ways

>Skullface, a man robbed of his face, is served as Big Boss' phantom behind the scenes, assisting him without him even knowing, and eventually grew to resent Big Boss receiving all the credit for the missions and seeks revenge against him
>Venom Snake has his face transplanted for another's and serves as Big Boss' phantom on the world stage. Though his actions will be attributed to the real Big Boss, he understands that in building that legend he is just as responsible for it as the real Boss, and accepts his role as the dutiful soldier

and you're calling me a pleb? lmao

>>340470526
Again, you're just showing you need the cutscenes to give you reinforcement and tell you EVERY MISSION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MISSION EVER BOSS YOU'RE SAVING THE WORLD EVERY TIME

protip: MGSV is literally about the player becoming Big Boss through gameplay, its story exists very much as being about video games themselves
>>
>>340470064
I "got it" 6 months before release when they gave it away in the trailers. The game didn't do anything interesting with it though.
How anyone can compare it to MGS2, where Raiden spends the whole game going through an existential crisis as he realizes he's the disappointing sequel to Solid Snake, is a mystery.

>>340470219
I can enjoy gameplay for its own sake. I can't enjoy infiltrating another nearly-empty base in the middle of the desert for its own sake. The gameplay in TPP never escalates, besides soldiers wearing helmets and night vision.
>>
>>340470557
You asked me what made me think people had hob expectations. Before the game came out, people were literally waiting for Kojima's swansong for gaming itself. They thought it was going to be the game to end all games.

That's what makes me think people had high expectations. The fact that they did.
>>
>>340470526
What are you even talking about? The game isn't cutscene heavy big deal. Gameplaywise its fucking perfect
>>
>>340466859
Literally no one is praising the game as a whole. At best people are saying the gameplay is really good.
>>
>>340470784
But you can't name anything people actually said they expected that they were wrong about. I was there and I don't remember anyone ever saying
>Kojima's swansong for gaming itself
>the game to end all games

In fact I heard the opposite most of the time, since people had really mixed feelings on almost all of the other releases. It was especially bad because he had been trying for four games straight to end the series and never return to it.
>>
File: skull face jeep.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
skull face jeep.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
>>340470938
I think MGSV, cut content aside, is another postmodern masterpiece from Kojima

It's got some flaws, sure (pic related lmao), but people are mad it isn't what they wanted, and refuse to engage with what it is.
>>
>>340471075
What is it, then? What parts are good and what do they amount to as a whole?
>>
>>340471075
Whats post modern about it

You don't even know what the word means
>>
>>340470810
>reflex
>wallhacks
>retarded AI(S++ is actually really good, not that you'd know, you never see it outside FOBs)
>ranks depend on time, not on stealth
>literally broken objectives(Lingua Franca)
>early game it sort of matters if you're discovered, mid game you give no fucks even with only having the unremovable arm upgrades, late game all you're doing is fultoning containers and fucking around in FOBs where the fucking guards spawn behind you
>>
>>340470743
>The gameplay in TPP never escalates

Sure it does. Take over a base and hold onto it as reinforcements, choppers and tanks show up. There's also the escalation that comes from all of the tools and increasingly harder FOBs to infiltrate.
>>
>>340471156
It's postmodern, Anon! Simple minds like yours will understand in a decade, don't worry :^)
>>
>He think's we wanted a movie game

We wanted even the slightest bit of important plot. MGSV is the worlds most expensive and unnecessary filler game in the world. The only important plot points to come out of it are Ground Zeroes' story, the hospital scene (barely) and the very last cutscene. Every last other detail was completely throwaway, even all the shit with Huey and Sahelanthropus, since neither are mentioned ever again save for fleeting details.

Big Boss' having a body double was a completely unnecessary addition as everyone was fine with him "being a cyborg" in MG2SS. And they even fucked that one up by mixing them up.

Huey's outcast was a completely unnecessary addition as after Ground Zeroes its established he fucked off to do other stuff anyway, and PW already gave him enough "regrets" to poison his son's mind about. Admittedly Strangelove's death at least explains what happened to her, but we already knew that Otacon had a stepmom, and Strangelove didn't even stick around through GZ.

Kaz was already established as the drill instructor type, and MGSV adds nothing but bitterness to his character, which is again pointless because he's literally dead the next time he's mentioned chronologically.

The other half of PW's cast is gone and/or dead, with ONE reference to Chico and Amanda. I don't think Cecile is mentioned once. Although I maintain that the Paz side mission is the best part of the entire game by far

Then there's the issues with the gameplay/world design that I won't get into because thats an entirely different matter. But only an idiot could ignore them.
>>
>>340471075
Good job man
If they ever make a sequel to idiocracy, I'm sure they're gonna quote you somewhere
>>
I don't hate but everyone on here who defends it can only use the "you just had high retarded fan fiction expectations!" As a defense.

All the mgs games have issues. V is no exception. And i can see why a long time fan would or wouldn't like it.

I'm not sure why people have to try so hard to convince others to like V. I don't remember this happening with 4
>>
>>340470263
GTA story is not cohesive. It's a fucking collection of cliches and movie references. Also GTA story really wants the player to complete it fast without stop. There is no structure and pacing changes to accommodate player's freedom of choice. MGSV have packs of missions that are tied together into a single event with it's own pacing, nice example would be extract Quiet side-ops that is tied to with Quiet Exit mission, it's a completely standalone sequence with it's own pacing, it does not rely on on any other events. MGSV has many standalone cutscenes and small events that respect player's freedom of choice.
>>
>>340471269
>We didn't want a movie!
>complains about the plot

...As a fan of POOPS and PW, this was in my opinion a great evolution of the Operations style of game. Who cares about the plot of a series that's ended 3 games ago?
>>
File: Venom Drake.png (178 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
Venom Drake.png
178 KB, 651x434
>>340471269
>idiots who think the overarching story was ever important

You realize MGS4 was Kojima passively aggressively giving you what you wanted because you were too stupid to understand MGS2? He was mocking your intelligence the entire time.

Take each game as its own standalone work and examine the themes within, don't autisticly pour over a fictional timeline because Kojima never gave a shit about it anyway
>>
>>340471332
I don't know why everyone has to try so hard to convince others that V was terrible either
>>
>>340471224
>>literally broken objectives(Lingua Franca)
Oh my fucking God, FUCK Lingua Franca.
I have *never* been able to make that fucking piece of shit mission work correctly. Every single time, the game spazzes out and one of the interrogation simply does not happen. The interpreter stands in front of the prisoner, and that's it. Nothing.
>>
>>340469479

The only thing that changes is the fact that Miller, Ocelot, and probably Quiet were in on the joke. It's a meaningless twist compared to the intricate build up in MGS2 where everything was increasingly layered with additional implications.

If there was some followup after the twist or at least a proper conclusion to the Liquid plotline, then there might be an argument for the player-character being meaningful. As it stands, it doesn't mean jack shit because we never see or are allowed to actually wage war as the legend of Big Boss insinuates.

You could come up with some bullshit analysis about this supporting some kind of anti-war stance, that Kojima is taunting the player's expectations of being a hero. But even that is a strained argument, barely worth talking about because it's so basic and boring.

>>340470219

>I'm an autistic faggot that likes repetitive tasks like clearing mines for the hundredth time or fultoning everything out of OCD

Game mechanics are worthless in the absence of meaningful purpose. Just think about it, what is more enjoyable:

1) Clearing mines just because the game told you to do so for no good reason

or

2) Clearing mines because there was a good plot design where your soldiers or civilians were at risk and morale at Mother Base was feeling pretty low due to frequent deaths

And before you retards go on again about moviegame bullshit, the latter scenario is vastly superior because it allows even MORE implementation of your beloved GAEMPLAY.
>>
>>340471053
>well I never heard any of that

Come on, guy. People were amped as shit for the downfall of big boss, child soldiers, building outer heaven in South Africa, meeting the foxhound unit as kids, etc. and they didn't get it.

I seriously don't know how you missed that. Every MGSV thread before release was fucking full of it.
>>
>>340471509
The liquid plot concluded fine. It works as a reference to 2
>>
>>340471224
>ranks depend on time, not on stealth
>I want cheese the game but it does not allow me too so the game is bad!
literally

You are nitpicking. The game is good but not perfect. No game is perfect.
>>
File: 1448823002959.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448823002959.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>340471509
>we never see or are allowed to actually wage war as the legend of Big Boss insinuates.

That's what the entire FOB post game is about
>>
>>340471558
Building Outer Heaven and child soldiers, maybe, but they were also explicitly told those things were going to be in the game and more fleshed out than they actually were.
>>
At least we can all agree that MGO3 was absolute shit and MGO2 was better
>>
>>340471269
>Caring about the lore
>In a Metal Gear game

Kojima has been trying to be the anti-thesis of a modern story for a video game since MGS2.

The themes and messages in MGS games are way way more important than being a generic sequel that only continues the story.
>>
>>340470360
He's pulling shit out of his ass. None of that is confirmed at all and it's nothing but mental gymnastics people do because they dont agree with what the game ended up.

The game is completely fine, it's just not mgs 3.5 like people expected. It's flawed, but i cant stand when people on this site act like it's some irredeemable piece of shit, the game is really fucking good.
>>
>>340471687

>Literally pay 2 win microtransactions

Good job /v/, you're now defending cancer.
>>
>>340470810
>Gameplaywise its fucking perfect
>>340471682
>The game is good but not perfect. No game is perfect.
You dumbass, try following the discussion before replying.
>>
>>340471509
2 is good, but it has limited replayability. What's great about the game is that it gives you these generic objectives, but gives you a bunch of different and equally valid ways to tackle them depending on your mood. Besides, the fact that you run a super important PF that takes on these missions as a way to supplement your income is justification enough.
>>
>>340471269
>everyone was fine with him "being a cyborg" in MG2SS

Literally I haven't played MG1&2 and bitch about retcons : The Post
>>
MGSV and Undertale are objectively good games
>>
File: 1459096612391.jpg (195 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1459096612391.jpg
195 KB, 900x719
>>340464956
>>340464453
>>340464883
Are you guys actually being negative about Metroid prime? It's one of the best games on the gamecube
>>
>>340471419
This so much. Goddamn spot on.
>>
What is even the point of the twist in TTP? Can someone explain. Is there some deep thing I'm missing.

All I saw was big boss being a secret underground behind the scenes dude who pretty much made someone become his doppelganger so he could escape and do other shit without heat on him.

Was there something else?
>>
>>340471682
>Tactical Espionage Operations
>*calls in tank with iDroid*

It's not even good, it's borderline satisfying, you syphilitic twat.
>>
>>340471687
Venom existed to perpetuate the heroic legend of the battlefield messiah everyone wanted Big Boss to be. The warmongering "flames of war" shit was the real Big Boss' deal.
>>
>>340471710
I'm having fun on MGO3, but I guess that's only because I've never experienced the previous MGOs.
I also wish I wasn't forced to play with japs and have a billion years of latency every time.
>>
File: time.jpg (209 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
209 KB, 1344x756
>>340471224
This is bad why? The game gives you ways to s rank missions that don't depend on time and you can use D-Horse if marking bugs you that much.
>>
>>340468557
I don't expect open world but I expect a certain degree of nonlinearty

the old RE games weren't linear at all and even 4 and 5 let you explore areas a little bit. 6 might as well be on rails, you'll often run into invisible walls to keep you from going off the path
>>
>>340471925
This is true
>>
File: thief-custom-settings-menu.jpg (36 KB, 700x282) Image search: [Google]
thief-custom-settings-menu.jpg
36 KB, 700x282
>>340472046
>its not a big deal u can turn it off :)
>>
>>340471998
No, that's all there is to it. Maybe you can add that Venom building up Diamond Dogs adds more cred to BB's legacy so he could be more terrifying with Zanzibarland, but since Outer Heaven gets its ass kicked in MG it kind of nullifies all of that.
>>
>>340461682
>>340464268
you know what's these 2 games and Witcher 3 have in common? none of them are on WiiU.
>>
Anon in thread earlier totally nailed why MGSV was a good game that gets a raw deal because it didn't meet expectations

Wish I could find it though
>>
>>340471819
Nice job pulling shit out of your ass bro. If you don't play FOB: the amount of time you need to gather resources to build a new FOB is comparatevily the same to the amount of time you gain enough MB coins trough daily logins to buy waters. And you have to earn those resources yourself. It's not fucking pay2win. It's play2win.
>>
>>340472178
The game is completely playable with all that stuff off though, I get in other games it's not, that's not the case here, so why is it such a big deal for you?
>>
>>340472178
never said that. I said the game gives good justification with other mechanics to chose from. Just because you're never railroaded into a particular type of play doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. But yeah, if you spend the whole time circle strafing outposts with the silenced tranq sniper because it just werks, then yeah you'll probably be bored.
>>
>>340471402

Evolution? Nigga, this was a full leap backwards.

I can understand not having co-op in this game, it's really difficult to balance at such a high standard. But not being able to work with officers or soldiers on the field or in missions is a clear sign that MGSV was completely castrated. The logical step past PW was to have full on mission planning with extensive support from your personal army. What we got was a bunch of shitty equipment unlockables and mostly pointless aerial support options.
>>
>>340472178
Thi4f has problems even with those settings turned on.
MGSV doesn't.
>>
>>340461682
>Hate MGSV cuz it's not a moviegame
I'm pretty sure people didn't hate it because of that. Have fun with your strawman, though.
>>
Too bad the game is fucking boring with lazy copypasted missions and locations. It's basically an offline MMO, yet you fucking contrarians seem to keep bringing up this strawman that hates poor MGSV for no reason.
>>
>>340472349
>this was a full leap backwards.

lol not when it comes to actually being on the ground it's not
>>
>>340471970
Nope, we're just saying that different does not mean bad.
>>
>>340471998
>What is even the point of the twist in TTP? Can someone explain. Is there some deep thing I'm missing.

Kojima wanted to make a game where the player's agency came above all else. The story is relatively minimalist, gameplay is King, and you are given a ton of different options to play. You are the star. This is reflected in the twist. By playing the game, you have contributed to the legend of Big Boss and you have taken the character into yourself. You're just as responsible for building the legacy of Metal Gear as Big Boss, and Kojima, have.

It's a love letter to the fans but sperglords rejected it because it wasn't a hamfisted hug it out melodrama in a graveyard.
>>
>>340471998
To highlight that BB was a coward who robbed a man who never asked for this of his entire identity so he could draw the flak away from himself and work on building zanzibar land while Venom did good guy shit and made BB look like a big dick hero while really being a pussy-ass bitch.
>>
>>340472046
Good shit man. All objectives backup, back down run is fun as fuck. I've been optimizing it myself lately. How do you save the prisoner in the canyon?
>>
>>340472447
I been playing this series for a long time, and while I agree I don't want hamfisted hug it out melodrama like 4, I would have liked to see a continuation of the last 10-20 seconds of the game.

I would have liked to see venom deal with the mental mind fuck of realizing he isn't who he thought he was, and deal with the personality disassociation that probably would have come with that, and the PTSD, etc etc. That conflicts heavily with the theme of player agency.

With that being said, I didn't want muh baby foxhound, or stupid bullshit anakin skywalker level muh demon turn like most of the people on this forum want. I think for as stupid as a lot of MGSVs mistakes were, it definitely was the most mature of all the games in this series.
>>
>>340472447
Actually it was rejected precisely because it was hamfisted.
It's basically "PS: ur not BB ;)" at the last hour of the game with small foreshadowing here and there during the game, instead of a buildup where you get to understand your situation, and eventually accept it.
>>
>>340472301

Who said anything about FOB building you retard? Ignoring that though, more pressingly the highest tier weapon development takes weeks to finish and then there's the whole idiotic protection plan bullshit.

All of this is still missing the point though, FOB wars aren't a replacement for the legacy of Big Boss' wars, they're pointless diversions that simply supplement Konami's greed.
>>
>>340472806
>I would have liked to see venom deal with the mental mind fuck of realizing he isn't who he thought he was, and deal with the personality disassociation that probably would have come with that, and the PTSD, etc etc

play MG1, he takes it surprisingly well
>>
>>340472806
>I would have liked to see venom deal with the mental mind fuck of realizing he isn't who he thought he was, and deal with the personality disassociation that probably would have come with that, and the PTSD, etc etc.

Most of what you mentioned is already covered in the Paz subplot, it's a broken mind tearing itself apart as the implanted memories and the real ones conflict with one another compiled with Venom's own guilt.

And while Venom seems to enjoy the prospect of becoming BB, the final scene with the mirror punch seems to indicate that by the time he's given orders by BB to fight Solid Snake he realizes what a monster he's become
>>
>>340472826
Well that's what you fucking get for expecting something different from the sixth entry in a series that has never NOT been hamfisted melodrama.
>>
So, uh, why did Big Boss become a world-threatening villain in MG2?
>>
>>340473002
Is the paz in the tape actually all venom's mind? I listened to alot of the tapes in the world, so sometimes i'd stop focusing on them while the action was going on.
>>
>>340473059
Because that's what big boss wanted. Venom was just so he had someone out there making him look good while he played captain baddie.
>>
>>340473002
>he realizes what a monster he's become
He has he become a monster? The game revolves around giving child soldiers a chance at a legit lfe and saving the world from mass genocide.
>>
>>340473059

>MUH BOSS LEGACY

Nah, just kidding. Nobody knows. Maybe we'll find out one day from the MGSVI Pachinko game with erotic action.
>>
>>340473240
Some of the early tapes are from PW
>>
The game could have been mostly the same without a boring empty open world

That's my only issue
>>
>>340473254
But *why* did he want to become a baddie?
>>
>>340461682
they went from movie game to "we want the skyrim audiance"
>>
>>340473323
It's called irony anon, read a book sometime. Oh, and demon mode too
>>
>>340473323
he means the time skip that happens from when venom hears the first tape and the second tape. By the time he hears the second tape he's clearly done some shit that he doesn't agree with because he visualizes himself as a demon in the mirror.
>>
>>340473323
His identity has been subsumed by Big Boss. Hes covered in blood and has a full horn which implies hes murdered a lot of people.

Keep in mind MGSV takes pace in 1984 but the final scene takes place in 1995 during the original game
>>
>the game play is the best in the series!

Can someone explain how. Like what particularly makes it amazing or whatever.

I thought it was good but I wasn't blown away. Like I think 4's was pretty well done too
>>
>>340473419
because Cipher blew up his home
>>
>>340472340
You should also mention that if you want higher score you must complete missions fast and stealthy in MGSV, you will never have time to mark everything, especially considering that every mission is unique and you will have to switch buddies, craft custom loadouts, even customize your guns for one single mission if you want better results. That is the beauty of MGSV game design: It gently forces you towards experimentation and using unconventional approaches, building your own custom playstyles.
>>
This is your daily reminder that MGSV is the only Metal Gear worth a damn and none of your autistic rage matters.
>>
>>340473580
It controls really well and gives you plenty of freedom in how to tackle objectives that are all equally valid
>>
>>340472979
But you don't need to pay to win in FOB.
>>
>>340473580
Gameplay mechanics were good. As in all the tools and options the game gives you to approach a number of situations makes it the most open ended stealth in the series. Too bad that once you exhaust all those methods the game gets fucking boring.
>>
>>340473394
I remember after the reveal that 5 would be open world most people thought
>Woah, a huge area where I can do MGS stuff? So cool!
But as time went on and as more and more boring as fuck open world AAAs came out, people started realizing 5 would suffer from the same issue. And it did.
>>
>>340473240
The Paz tapes refer to stuff that couldn't have happened, and she's committed to the Paz persona (rather than the cynical Pacifica Ocean we hear from her real recordings) so yeah, they're almost certainly all in his mind

Keep in mind that Venom never actually met the real Paz, he only knew her as the sweet girl and mascot of MSF.
>>
>>340461950
By your logic DMC4 sucks and its the worse in the series then
>>
>>340473621
>you must complete missions fast and stealthy in MGSV

except you don't >>340472046
>>
>>340473536
>>340473496
Oh, I see. I didn't understand the cutscene that way but that makes sense.
So, uh, I guess now we need a MGS5.2: "Venom is shown to become a bad guy this time for real" edition?
>>
>>340473803
He has a huge bonus score from taking out all the tanks, you also get a massive fucking bonus score for ghosting it completely, don't get mad you could never do it

The game is built around EVERY option being viable. If it wasn't, you'd complain that you were forced into just tranqing everyone.
>>
>>340473002
>Venom goes to grab the butterfly, only for it to not exist

That broke my heart.
>>
>>340473323
It's not his deeds that made him a monster, it's his nature. Think of Venom as Frankenstein's Monster and Big Boss as Dr. Frankenstein. The monster wasn't inherently evil, it was just an unnatural broken mess. The doctor was the real monster for allowing it to persist.

In the end Venom sees what the man he's been made to reflect is really like, and he sees what everything he's done has really been for.
>>
File: MGSDIlema.jpg (960 KB, 543x6365) Image search: [Google]
MGSDIlema.jpg
960 KB, 543x6365
>>340468773
>>
>>340467634
>MGSV is enjoyable and there is plenty of stuff to do
Such as?
>>
>>340473931
Yeah, if you ever replay the game, or YT it, you see right as venom punches the mirror the DD logo has become an outer heaven logo.

But yeah, we'd basically need an MGSV.5 or MG1 remake to ever see the continuation or the details of what he did to make him realize he fucked up.
>>
File: MGS DO IT 2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MGS DO IT 2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>340474098
fucking with the IA.
>>
>>340473932
sorry, I assumed from your first sentence that you were being negative. I agree
>>
>>340473803
Maybe you should look at the screenshot yourself? Backup, Back Down is a mission that is ON TIMER, if you don't extract or destroy the vehicles in time they're gone. Also it took him a lot of time to get prisoners, tanks and shot down helicopter after the initial wave of BTR's, he also took a lot of hits. That's why his score is so low, if he wants to improve he needs to be faster and more effective.
>>
>>340473802
No
Because DMC4 had good gameplay.
>>
>>340474219
>Do it (fuck my shit up)
>>
>>340474003
Speaking of Frankestein, didn't Kojima pretty much say those exact same things regarding Solid Snake/Big boss?
>>
>>340474287
>S-rank
>low score
>>
File: 1420103643661.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1420103643661.png
192 KB, 501x445
>it's a "MGS2 was a postmodern masterpiece" episode
>>
File: mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mgs 5 cardboard armor.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>340474289
Good gameplay is the only thing MGSV has anon
>>
>>340474219
GOTY
>>
>>340474407
His actual score is low, but it's boosted up by the bonuses for 100% completing the mission

if you actually read the fine print he completed almost every mission task
>>
>>340473580
>Lots of features
>Animations connect greatly
>Various ways of completing an objective
>Interrogations, listening to soldiers talk to eachother, extracting people, getting intel files can all give you important info about the mission
>Multiple ways of fooling the enemy
>Level design can allow you to finish the whole mission without touching anyone
>60fps on current gen consoles as well
>Game rewards you based on different styles of playing
>AI countering your moves, even placing mines on the paths you go through most often
>AI behaves differently as you progress with the game, checking faster or directly calling HQ
>>
I really do wish the game had a second Hospital moment for the ending. Shining diamonds comes close, but it's sort of muted due to its placement in the story
>>
>>340471419
4 was intentionally shit to mock fans?
Mind. Exploded.
>>
>>340474407
But score is low for this run. He took a lot of hits and took his sweet time after the first part with timer was over.
>>
>>340471075
Did u notice they never use the stick shift this whole scene isn't real skull face gun disappeared and the changing of color on the solders helmets
>>
>>340474219
How the hell did you time the dispatch of the horse so accurately?
>>
>>340474728
Yes. This isn't me saying

>it's good because it's SUPPOSED to be bad!

But Kojima was fucking tired of Metal Gear and mad that the idiot fans didn't realize that MGS2's open-ended questions were never meant to be resolved, because the entire story was about how the in-narrative fiction doesn't matter, so he intentionally made every fucking revelation as unsatisfying as humanly possible

Peace Walker and MGSV revitalized his interest in the series because he saw the base building stuff as an exciting new direction to take the series
>>
>>340472301
Did you ever actually try to build a third FOB?
>>
File: MGS DO IT.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MGS DO IT.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>340474880
Not mine

try and error i guess
>>
>>340474463
I sure do love completing the same missions and infiltrating the same out posts over and over in the same big empty world.
>>
>>340475065
Even by the time MGSV starts repeating shit it still has a metric fuckton more content than every other game in the series combined
>>
>>340475017
I did, and I'm still finishing my 2nd and almost have enough to get a 4th even after missing a bunch of MB coin days. I don't care that it takes a while to get things developed. The mere fact that there's a reason to collect resources still is enough to indulge in the fantastic gameplay
>>
>>340475065
>infiltrating the same out posts over and over in the same big empty world.
MGS2 in a nut shell
>>
>>340474712
Damn man, i remember when i was doing subsistence stealth no-lethal run and overheard the soldiers talking about that crazy guy with horn running around just as i was lying there knee deep in shit, millimeters away from being detected and shot to death. If haven't heard that shit i would have probably failed the mission, but realizing how scared they are of me have given me a huge boost.
>>
>>340475065
If you're bored try changing up your strategy. The game has tons of permutations to try and tackle missions with
>>
>>340474779
What do you mean?
>>
>>340475197
The game released almost a year ago.
>>
>>340474926
>>340474728
Don't agree with he made it shit on purpose, but he definitely seems like he just said "fuck it, lets wrap all this shit up once and for all" and the game shows.

He said in multiple interviews during the time of mgs4 that he felt pressured to keep making the games from konami, and fans sending death threats and shit. He never outright blamed konami in any of them, but he implies it heavily.
>>
>>340475306
pomo
>>
>>340475357
and?
>>
>>340475142
That content is worthless if it isn't fun to do.

>Side mission #33431
>Eliminate the Heavy Infantry #9982
>four guys doing dick all in an outpost

OH BOY, WILL I SHOOT THEM, STAB THEM OR SET THEM ON FIRE ALL THIS FUCKING DEPTH HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>340475495
FOBs are over.
>>
>>340475306
There's a bunch of "out of place" shit that happens during the game that's a hundred times more subtle than the Medic twist.
For instance, when you enter the cave, the color of the bands on the soldier's helmets change for no possible reason.
>>
>>340474779
The stick shift in the car is never used skull face had his gun in the last cutscene but it's gone when he tells u his stupid plan and the green on the solders helmets turn blue in the next cutscene not to mention the burning body's
>>
>>340475214
The conversations in this game are actually fantastic and add a lot to the game. It's a shame the conversation mission objectives are so buggy, tho.

>Soviet officers in mission 7 are meeting specifically to discuss how they're going to deal with the mysterious man with the horn who's been kidnapping all their soldiers

>Malak in mission 10 was the last survivor of a parasite attack on his village, Skullface used them as guinea pigs
>His driver in the mission is friendly and cordial and is disgusted knowing he's driving Malak to his death

>Almost every soldier in the early Africa missions is terrified of the Devil's house that you later infiltrate and speak in hushed voices about the forest where men have been disappearing and are summarily executed for asking questions

>The interrogation in Lingua Franca has long conversations with each brit, and the interpreter is ass-blasted over the Brit's betrayal of the afrikaaners in the Boer war

there's tons of other stuff, but MGSV expands on its story through gameplay, and people are just used to longwinded exposition in metal gear and little in-game story so they miss it or ignore it.
>>
>>340475502
The worst part is that all these apologists rag on us for hating the game due to high expectations
When the fucking main ops are SLIGHTLY more worked on than these side ops.
It's insane.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.