[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you fags, heres the deal. This is a major blow, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
Alright you fags, heres the deal.

This is a major blow, this does suck ass on all fronts. Massive delay, no dual audio, our CE isnt as good.

But you know what? Crying on 4chan isn't going to do anyone any good. We have to start message bombing Sega, their parent company, and get them to take control of the situation and actually fix one, or more, of the three current issues plaguing the game as of now. Meaning we'll either get the original 2016 release, dual audio, or the better CE, or with some unholy luck, all 3.

START MESSAGING SEGA AMERICA, TWITTERS, EMAILS, LETTERS EVEN. I've already sent 4 emails to them. Its stupid but theres a 1% chance it'll work out for the best in the end. DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF CRYING FUCKERS
>>
>>340452090
Who cares? The game is censored anyway.
>>
>>340452385
No it is fucking not! Dont start this shit. Keep your eyes on the prize. Dual audio, 2016 release, better CE, 1 of the 3, 2 of the 3, or all 3.
>>
File: 1390561130483.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1390561130483.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>340452090
>get the original 2016 release

Unless they decide to region lock it instead this will never happen, not jewing japs would cost them too much

Dual Audio is possible with the delay but extremely unlikely, cause the people that want it are just a very vocal minority sadly

The better CE is possible, but again unlikely

Atlus isn't exactly known for giving a shit about their fans outside of japan, even if it's starting to bite them in the ass now without them realizing it

If they actually put some effort into it they could have used P5 to slowly replace FF as the biggest JRPG series in the west
>>
I just wanna know what caused the almost 2 year delay. My fault for getting my hopes up thinking they were working toward a simultaneous release with dual audio.
>>
>>340453279
Thats the thing. Atlus US has been proven to be very incompetent and not care for fan complaints. Sega is much better with release schedules and dual audio at the very least, and could very well include something else in the CE. ITS NOT TO EARLY TO GIVE UP YET
>>
>>340452652
>2016 release
You can cry for a better CE and Dua Audio, but you will never have a 2016 release. Don't be dumb, the game is not ready.
>>
File: 1459328304938.jpg (325 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459328304938.jpg
325 KB, 1280x720
I just want a PC version ;_;
>>
>>340453908
The game is very much so ready! A leaked document has already proven such and if Sega wants a stronger Q4 report they can have it out by October. Atlus JP deliberately forces Atlus US to wait a few months before they can start selling so nips cant get cheaper copies. Unbelievable! They can implement a region lock again and have a US/EU release for October if they really wanted. With dual audio, DLC or not. And with perhaps something else in the CE. Sega is giving a DVD with episodes of Sonic Boom for the Sonic Boom Fire and Ice 3DS game. A fucking DVD with cartoon episodes as a preorder bonus. They can very easily add to it
>>
>>340454336
How can they region lock the game on the PS4 when you can switch accounts to access a different countries store?
>>
>>340452090
>Massive delay, no dual audio
This sucks, but

>our CE isnt as good
I'd disagree with that, the soundtracks for all the older games are online so I couldn't care less about that.
I don't know how big the japanese artbook will be, but if it's larger/better than ours that will suck.
The only thing that is really bad about ours is that the box isn't as pretty and we don't get the DLC included, but ours is much cheaper.

Oh and I guess it's PS4 only
>>
>>340454661
Beats me, but they did it on the PS3 so I'm sure its possible.
>>
>>340453980
It's more plausible than ever before, at least

A lot of Japanese companies are dipping their toes in the PC market with ports, if people support them who knows
>>
>>340453765
>Atlus US has been proven to be very incompetent and not care for fan complaints.
Examples please.
I'm not saying you're incorrect, but aside from SMT4 I don't know anything about bad Atlus US practices.

>>340453980
Due to Sega publishing, I think you'll see one in a few years Minamin.
>>
>>340454738
I dont know if the artbooks are different but I wouldnt count on it. The DLC costumes are very much possible and if they're just codes, its crazy why it wouldnt be included.
>>
>>340454756
They wouldn't region lock a game not without Japan threatening another boycott, P4D was region free
>>
>>340452090

>Massive delay

I don't know why five months is suddenly surprising. It's been months to a year plus for a long time now. Sure, big games like Final Fantasy get much closer releases, but, as much as you may not like it, Persona is nowhere near Final Fantasy's popularity, and it doesn't have the same sort of localization budget either.

> DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF CRYING FUCKERS

This I support. Email relevant people or cut out all the shit and just learn Japanese unless Persona is the only Japanese game series you play.
>>
>>340454973

What did they do wrong with SMT IV?
>>
I sure as hell hope it's not region locked
>>
>>340454336
>The game is very much so ready! A leaked document has already proven such
Source? I want to believe you anon, but I'm gonna need to see some evidence.

>>340454997
Yeah the DLC thing seems very weird to me, there shouldn't be all that much to translate with something like cosmetics and a couple of Personas, but who knows, maybe they are just planning on selling it on launch day since they know idiots like me will buy it anyways.
>>
>>340455334

Why would it be?
>>
>>340455408
P4A scare eventhough Atlus promised to never do it again.
>>
>>340455252
They fucked up with the European publishing of SMT IV and ended up publishing it like a year or two after the American release, digital only.

And this is on a region locked system.
>>
>>340455479

I don't know anything about non-mainline Persona games (only been playing Persona for a few months). Can't imagine why they'd have done that.

>>340455542

Oh I see. Yeah, that would be pretty bad, especially since it was before 3DS CFW.
>>
>>340455479
P4A was region locked because it had Japanese audio, was pretty much identical to the Japanese version and came out like a week after the Japanese release. All these bad practices are intended to stop Japs from importing.

This is why we don't get dual audio and it's taking five fucking months to localize.
>>
>>340455720

And that doesn't make any sense. For games that are light on text, sure, but text heavy games like the main Persona series? Most Nips wouldn't be able to play the English versions even if there was Japanese VA.
>>
>>340452090
stop trying to use 4chin to organize armies
>>
>>340455943

Stop being a "not your personal army" faggot. Before you came here and it became popular to hate organizing anything at all, people used to work together when they felt like it. Urging fans to participate in activities that would benefit fans is not a bad thing.
>>
>>340455938
Plenty of them can, or don't care enough to justify saving half their money.
>>
>>340455113
Doesnt make sense when it will sell 3x+ more in other territories. Japs dont buy games unless theyre on mobile. Speaking of P4D, that was just a 3 month delay for a vita dancing rhythm spinoff game of P4...and they take their sweet time with P5! Ridiculous!

>>340455149
Because over the last few years they've strongly suggested that there will be a WW release and the internal delays means they could have had extra time translating and dubbing the game. Not just that, but Sega owns them now and can lend a hand. NOT JUST THAT, Sony has also proven to go out of their way and give resources to projects which they think have appeal since their strategy is to try and rope in as many different consumers as possible.

>>340455334
It would be the least of all evils. Sega Europe is now very capable of assisting Atlus in Europe too.

>>340455389
It appears to be deleted now but personacentral had an article where it mentioned that a company called BBY i think, said that Atlus has already gone through recording sessions with the English cast on the side with translating. The DLC costumes seems like something japs would eat up more but it could be just an extra flavor of jewry. For costumes I wouldnt pay, but for voices yes.

Region locking ultimately appears to be the lesser of evils.

Atlus has japan covered, no help needed.
Sega America and Atlus US can cooperate if needed but usually Atlus US can handle their own releases.
Sega Europe definitely needs to step in since Atlus has no EU branch and Sega can easily extend publishing duties to that region.

Neither Atlus nor Sega seem to care very much on how this game is handled, and that is a disgrace considering the weight it holds, not only for the companies involved, but for the very genre itself. Something CAN and WILL change if Sega catches whiff of it. I know its the cool thing thanks to Youtubers and IGN to hate on Sega, but they can be very based when they want to and they're our last hope.
>>
>>340456101
you losers have done nothing, but shit up this website, and bring unwanted people and attention to it
>>
>>340456108

There's always those who can. I'm an American who can read Japanese, so I can import their shit, but that doesn't make me unique at all. I'm in the minority, just as Japanese with enough English skills to play text heavy games in English are in the minority in Nip Land.
>>
>>340452090
Why don't you write a change.org petition? If you do, I'll sign it if you post it on here. February of 2017 is bullshit on a game we've been waiting on that was supposed to release last year.
>>
>>340456390
Atlus is extremely Japanese centric and is willing to lose any amount of money or respect from abroad if it increases Japanese profits.
>>
>>340456381

>you losers

I can read Japanese, I'm not in the complainer's camp. I still encourage fans to do what they can though.

>Bring unwanted attention to 4chan

9 years too late to be saying that, kid.
>>
>>340452090
Go fucking kill yourself
>>
File: Monumentally massive task.png (71 KB, 595x573) Image search: [Google]
Monumentally massive task.png
71 KB, 595x573
>>
>>340452090
Who cares? You'll buy it anyway.

You'll buy it, watch the anime, rebuy P5 Platinum or whatever they call the enhanced version, watch the anime based on THAT version, probably buy the OST or some plastic figurine or fuck knows what.
>>
>>340456427
https://www.change.org/p/atlus-jp-dual-audio-for-english-translation
>>
>>340456775
Nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

As it stands unless at least one of my three requests is met, I will be pirating the PS3 version with an undub at launch and Atlus will not see a penny. They can very well do at least one of the three tasks if they didn't hate their playerbase so much.
>>
>>340456869
Signed!
Do you have one that addresses the other issues?
>>
>>340456602
>I can read Japanese,
you're so not a loser now
>I still encourage fans to do what they can though
no, this is why you're a loser. this website is not your activism forum. go organize your bitchfests on tumblr or twitter
>>
>>340456775

>More Persona anime

I'm sure there will be. I just wish for a proper SMT anime. As in, not 12 episodes and it's over, I'm talking running as long as it needs to, like anime used to do in past decades. And focus on actual story, character psychology, fights, demons, etc. Not just constant sexual fanservice. It's probably 20 years too late for that though.
>>
>>340455542
That wasn't their fault, did you forget that their parent company was having a lot of financial and legal issues or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>340456869
>>340457032
Petitions need to be written in a better manner/more formally. There was another petition that was written a lot better
>>
>>340457009
>I-I'll play it anyway!

Yeah, like a good goy. And you'll talk about it online, help the buzz, give search enginers and youtubers clicks for it. They already won at that point.
>>
I expected a delay, but I won't be playing it without dual audio anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>340457079

Whatever you say, kid.
>>
>>340457009
Even if you don't buy it, it will still be a massive success, you can't win.
>>
>>340457136
They fuck up everything else, why should they be excused even when it isn't their fault?
>>
>>340457216

>kid

I'm 19 you faggot.
>>
>>340457419
please, i wish i was 19 again
i'd stop myself from contributing to open sores projects
>>
>>340457152
I'll keep checking this thread periodically if you find it post it and I'll sign it. The main issue I wanted dealt with was the bunk ass release date.
>>
>>340453279
>If they actually put some effort into it they could have used P5 to slowly replace FF as the biggest JRPG series in the west

I'm glad it didn't. This would ruin Persona and they would make it casual as fuck like FFXV. Plus we would NEVER EVER see another mainline SMT game again. Atlus needs to stay niche to keep their quality.
>>
>>340457419
>19
Isn't that still a kid really?
Or have I just gotten old and I think anything a decade under me are kids?
>>
Would it be better to directly email the companies themselves or PR people?
not even sure on how to word or title it without it being automatically filtered or deleted.
>>
>>340457519
>i wish i was 19 again
I don't. Jesus what a dumb cringy faggot I was
>>
>>340457937
The companies themselves. The PR people are empty shells.
>>
File: 392735923.jpg (78 KB, 620x474) Image search: [Google]
392735923.jpg
78 KB, 620x474
>>340456869
brb starting a change.org petition calling for atlus to improve the representation of women in purse owner
>>
>>340457937
emails almost certainly won't be read. the best thing to do is throw a bitch fit on social media.
>>
>>340458528

Do both.
>>
>>340458528
>tfw dont know how to use twitter

/pol/ are experts at manipulating social media but they sure as shit wont help or teach us with this. How do we cry so hard on twitter that someone higher up at atlus/sega does something?
>>
File: 1463356950869.jpg (112 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463356950869.jpg
112 KB, 900x900
Why /v/?

Why does Atlus USA want us to get spoiled and completely ruin the experience for us?
>>
>>340458935
I'm not so sure it's Atlus USA to blame. Things like P4A getting region locked and other practices suggest it may be the Jap branch fucking with us.
>>
>>340458935
Despair and Atlus japan are crooks. Atlus US sucks but they are at the mercy of their owners. Papa sega needs to roll in.
>>
In this thread, you can see a bunch of babies crying.
>>
File: 1465329866878.jpg (1 MB, 2558x1812) Image search: [Google]
1465329866878.jpg
1 MB, 2558x1812
Daily reminder for you niggers to pirate this shit.

Do not give Atlus your money.
>>
>>340458738
make a bunch of fake accounts. follow random shit with them so they look sort of real. complain about shit and spam a hashtag. try to get people with real accounts in on it. post on plebbit and gamefags and shit. try to get your campaign featured on shitty gaming news sites.
>>
fuck you, OP. You're complaining over trivial matters. First, it's better for a game to be delayed instead of being rushed like every AAA game. Dual audio is unnecessary considering that atlus is known from the past to hire great english VA's. And, the CE is fair because it's only $20 extra
>>
>>340459496
Sonygger here. Gonna just wait till the inevitable PC release and hope some modding gods rip jap audio from the PS3 version or some shit. Then I'll pirate it.
>>
>>340459665
If we can get a few people going with this ill join in. I dont know how to use twitter or reddit but i dont mind learning.
>>
>>340459827
>50¥ has been added to your psn account
>>
File: 1465357743821.png (8 KB, 576x110) Image search: [Google]
1465357743821.png
8 KB, 576x110
>>340459851
You could just pirate the PS3 version, but that's fine too.

Either way do NOT give your money to Atlus.
>>
File: 0597 - t6LHqi3.jpg (21 KB, 312x247) Image search: [Google]
0597 - t6LHqi3.jpg
21 KB, 312x247
>mfw weebs on here crying about not hearing their waifus moan in their native tongue.

Whatever happened to a video game just needing to be fun, you weebs need to stop bitching and enjoy this GOAT game.
>>
>>340460150
english dubs are shit m8
which is why i'm just buying the moon game
dual audio would save me money though
>>
>>340459827

>Great voice actors
>Mitsuru

Eh... I've heard a lot worse, but coming from the Japanese version, she just didn't sound right. I'm not even complaining about her voice not sounding exactly the same. Kashiwagi's English voice was very different but matched her character very well, but I can't say the same for Mitsuru.
>>
>>340460150

This is why voice acting in video games, or at the very least, RPGs, never should have become a thing.
>>
>>340459827
They have had since 2014 to translate and dub the game. They put nintendo garbage ahead of it despite this being leagues better.

Dual audio is uneccesary objectively but every other company, companies way smaller than Atlus, are doing it. FFXV has 4 audio tracks and 8 languages and Atlus is proud that Persona 5 will be confirmed in English. Its a joke.

The CE is $30, not $20. If it was 80 instead of 90 I would agree. A preorder with tax would take it up to 97 or so. Include something else to make up for the extra $10
>>
>>340460270

Wouldn't it just be easier to turn the sound down and read the text boxes.
>>
>>340460270

Find it kind of odd that you're okay with playing games in English if you know Japanese, but the VA is what will make you buy the Japanese version. Good VA is nice, but I'm more concerned with things being changed in localization, though this doesn't seem to be a huge problem for Persona from what I've seen. The worst thing I've noticed from English Persona games is the horrible mishandling of the honorifics.
>>
>>340457376
Because it was fucking crystal clear as fuck who was as fault.
>>
>>340460465
it'd be easier to not even buy or play the game
>>
>>340452090
Or I'll just play other games while I wait instead of trying to force a rush job.
>>
>>340460668

This. God knows I've got more than enough games to keep me busy. I could actually play it in September if I wanted to, but I don't think I'll be ready for more Persona by then.
>>
>>340460639

And miss out on an amazing rpg?
>>
>be atlus usa pr department employee
>Arrive at work 9 am
>Greet hardin and the crew
>Get my morgana mug and get some coffee
>talk about how the e3 plans are going with that asian chick on pr
>She is kinda hot so I talk to her
>Finish talking and go to my desk
>Login in my workstation, open outlook
>The fucking mailbox is almost full overnight
>Check what the fuck happened
>1278 memes

Fuck you faggots
>>
>>340460814
i sure don't know that this game is any good or not
i'll let you know after i play it
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.