[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello there, /v/ I'm gonna play DS3 together with 2 friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: winged_knight_armor.png (31 KB, 201x278) Image search: [Google]
winged_knight_armor.png
31 KB, 201x278
Hello there, /v/

I'm gonna play DS3 together with 2 friends as a fixed team co-oping throughout the whole game, just as we did with bloodborne.

As this is the only chance I will ever get to play a pure support character in this game, I am really excited for playing something like a tankadin, a tank with faith for heal and stuff like atonement.
But is this a viable build in DS3 or is it better to have another melee VIG/STR build?

My setup would be like this (still in progress):
27 VIGOR
14 ATTUNEMENT (so I could have at least 2 spells)
25 ENDURANCE (for blocking with 100% shield)
20 - 25 VITALITY (+ havel ring for winged knight set + one of those heavy greatshields)
30+ FAITH (30 at least because weapon buff)

Winged knight set armor
havel's ring
ring of favor
chloranthy ring

last ring dependent on situation:
skull ring (aggro, freeing up a spell slot substituting atonement)
saint's ring (more spells)

The hardest part on choosing is the weapon.
As I understand it, there are no good (A or S) faith scaling weapons in this game.
Which means I have to either use a lightning infusion on a weapon or buff it via lightning blade.
I still do not know if I want to weild a spear or sword.
I like the idea of a spear because you can use it even while blocking which would be perfect for a tank.
Though there seem to be no good spears except for dragonslayer spear and dragonslayer swordspear.
Both you get near the end of the game and both are not able to be infused or buffed + they don't even scale any good with faith (best is dragonslayer swordspear with C rating at +5)

Some swords I have been looking at can be buffed and infused like Astora Straight Sword, but is the weapon buff doing any good at 30 faith?
I don't want to be dmg dealer #1 but I do not want to be useless except for blocking and surviving.

Anyone has any info that could light my path?

May the flame guide you.
>>
>>340390284
Commit to faith if you're doing it, go 40-50, 60 if you are going high level. If you want to save points just go at least 35 + 5 from ring. This will allow you to focus a bit more on a defensive build but I really recommend targeting at least 50 faith even if you aren't going for an offensive build.

Vigor 27 is standard minimum, you'll want more eventually if you're going to play a fatty.

Get a dark sword or a winged knight halberd early on (will go with your set), raw that mofo and use enchants when needed from items until your faith is leveled. Easy anti invader weapons that tear through early PvE. Astora and Anri straights are options too.

If you decide to add str/dex assuming you level high enough, don't worry so much about scaling grades as much as AR. Try different weapons, infuse it with a gem that suits your scaling stat(s) that allow you to still use your faith buff. Hard to beat heavy (str) plus high stat enchants.

With faith, you just use the strongest weapon (or whatever you want) that you can buff. Darkmoon blade is better by the way, everyone has some extra lightning resist from leveling endurance. Though it's not like going lightning will really hurt if you prefer.
>>
>>340390863
BTW I don't mean ignore scaling grades FWIW, but you need to look at more than that when judging a weapon.
>>
>>340390863
I planned on going VIG 27 because that's the first soft cap + I will always use ember mode for extra HP.
I thought together with enough endurance to block a good amount of dmg that would be fine.

Why exactly should I be directing so many points to FTH?
All I want to cast is stuff like this:
Deep protection
Atonement
Tears of Denial
Sacred Oath
Great Heal

Those miracles do not scale with FTH (not even with the rings like morne's ring), so I thought I would just be getting the minimum FTH for those miracles + maybe the lightning blade (if I do opt for a buffable sword instead of a spear).

Also, lightning blade does not scale with FTH too, as it adds 0,96 x Spell Buff to your weapon.
The same with darkmoon blade.

Is there really a point in going past 30 FTH with lightning blade / darkmoon blade buffed weapons?

One more thing:
I will not be playing pvp (except for BEING invaded) as this is thought of as solely PvE build.
I can lvl up as much as I like, but I want to be useful as soon as possible.
>>
>>340390953
I do not really understand how much difference there is between the scaling grades.
I do not know how much dmg you could get out of B scaling FTH instead of A or S scaling FTH.
Thanks for reminding me to take that into account.
Will look into it.
>>
>>340391497
More faith will increase spell buff, which increases heal power and enchant damage. Each spell has a base value which is increased by a percent of your spell buff, and enchants are pretty well represented by spell buff (it will be a bit less), which you can find on your talisman. That is where scaling comes in, but you have to look at the base spell buff AND scaling to get an idea of the total spell buff you will be getting. Sometimes higher base is better than higher scaling.

I admit I haven't played faith so I don't know how it effects the utility spells if at all, but you will start to hit like a wet noodle with low faith unless you sacrifice points for str/dex, but like I sad at that point you might as well go higher faith and work in a physical stat if you level higher.

>>340391586
Early on high base damage works much better than high scaling. Which is why raw + enchanted is so popular. As you go through you'll need scaling though.

30 faith is obviously you minimum, and if you're playing co op all the time should be adequate by the time you pick up lightning blade, but if you want to stay useful you do have to be able to kill, not just stand around blocking.

Get your vit/end/vig early. Pick a raw weapon to stick with for awhile. Pump vig and endurance more than you need. Once you have enough points for your faith requirement respec into faith by taking out extra points in vig/end.
>>
Gonna need more vit if you want heavy armor and a greatshield. Havel's ring does much less in this game than in the others.
>>
>>340392190
Thank you for this information.
So, spell buff is not only affected by the talisman or chime I use but also by FTH because indirectly my talisman or chime scales with FTH wich affects the spell buff.
So my heal will heal more if I have more FTH even though the developers did not want me to know that by making them scale directly on FTH?

Did I understand this right?
I'm still a bit confused about all this stuff even though I research on darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com.
They seem to make it hard to understand on purpose.

What if I take the fire gem as starting gift?
Right now I am already trying to lvl up and play the game and get the build finished by myself using the Astora Straight Sword+3
I do not inflict much dmg without weapon buff, but with block + hit I get to kill most enemies in 3 - 5 hits.

I will not be able to respec until very late in the game because we will be doing Sirris questline which fails if I offer pale tongues to rosaria.

>>340392247
I just looked it up.
Forget about a greatshield, can't handle this heavy stuff.
With a standard shield like the Crest shield (any type) my total VIT needs to be 40 to have 69% with all the rings and winged knight set + dragonslayer swordspear for endgame.
So I guess I'll be looking at the lightning dark sword for S scaling in FTH.
>>
>>340390284
definitely make use of the divine gems rather than lightning for all that hps, you can get the saints bident and at least 1 divine gem in the cathedral where you fight the deacons in the second area. you dont get the winged knight set till near the end of the game but you can farm out lothric knight gear on the two knights right before vordt( the first boss) which so far, is the next tankiest armor set ive found.

you could also run a dex character and get estoc, which also allows you to stab while blocking, with the added benefit of being able to stunlock.
>>
What about the weapons from start to end?
Is it okay to take astora straight sword and upgrade it (maybe even fire or blessed infuse it) until I can use dark sword + darkmoon blade or lightning blade buff mid game?
And then for endgame, I could get dragonslayer spear (which scales shit with FTH but has a higher physical and lightning damage) or dragonslayer swordspear (which has less physical and lightning damage but better scaling) for NG+?
>>
>>340392853
Make the astora raw and you will be fine for awhile, you can use charcoal pine resin on it for added damage.

Oh and you can respec, they patched it so won't fail Sirris's questline. She is safe to talk to, join and respec as long as you don't offer tongues for rank ups. Spending them for other services is fine.
>>
>>340393040
Thank you for the hint at estoc.
Didn't even know this existed.
Will look into it instead of astora straight sword maybe.
>>
>>340393182
Thanks for the info about the respec, this is very good to know.
My first ever character in DS3 used a weapon with a fixed amount of dmg and I was pretty okay with it throughout the first half of the game.
So I will try this on my herald which I made to test this build.
Going RAW on astora straight sword + later on dmg buff with darkmoon or lightning blade seems like a good thought.
>>
As herald you can have

SL60

VIG:27
END:20
VIT:15
FTH:35

Add in priestess ring for +5 FTH and youll be sitting at 40 FTH, which will beplenty at that point. You may even be higher level by then, but that's a good goal to aim for by around that level.

If you want heavy gear obviously from there on out you some more vit, sprinkle in endurance as you see fit and then decide how you are going to focus on dealing damage.

There are infusions that work with faith but then you can't take advantage of your buffs. It's better to buff because you get the added scaling/base and no split damage on the weapon itself.

So for example, you get to the point where raw weapons just aren't really doing it anymore, if you add some str, dex or both and infuse accordingly, and THEN enchant with your high faith spells, it will do superb damage.
>>
Hey bro, wouldn't you be best to just play through to the end of the game with whatever build you want hold of on final boss, then respec to healadin and get summoned into a password protected game.
Password will scale you to host so not sure how it'll affect your level ratios on stats etc.
But yeah, me and a bro did this I helped him as a mega bleed/luck back raper while he tanked.
Rekt every boss invader and enemy with minimal effort and I've got to say it is pretty fun. Really different feel to the game.
>>
>>340392853
If you're using a good enough greatshield you don't need to roll too much, and with enough stacked HP+recovery most things aren't going to kill you even if you can't out fat roll their non blockable moves. Just know when to heal and you'd be fine, the trick with heavy, greatshield and a largish weapon is staying under 100%.

With enough stability even with the stamina penalty (you can use blossoms in addition to chloranthy) you won't be guard broke often.

The fat roll would...take getting used to. But it only has like 1 less i-frame than the light and medium. As long as you time it right you'll be ok pve wise. The main downside is escaping large aoes but you should be able to take a hit or two.
>>
>>340393649
Yes, lightning infusion and the likes stop weapon buffs.
But that would mean I do not have to put more points into attunement to get more spells than 2 or at least sacrifice another useful defense ring to get another spell via saint's ring?

>>340393925
I do have a character in NG+++ and one at the end of NG (my first one).
If I wanted I could carry them all the way to the end game on my own as I have already played the game to NG+++ on my own.
But that's not what makes this game fun.
I do not play a game to get a free platinum trophy and to be carried all the way.
That's not what I pay 60€ for.
My gf and my other friend think alike.
That's why we played Bloodborne with new characters instead of me carrying them (I was the one bloodborne to them after I played it on platinum).

>>340394034
Hmm...
I haven't thought about this at all.
So, a build 70% - 99% weight would be okay too.
I'm gonna look into that.
That would mean I could be useful even in early game as I can focus on other things.
>>
>>340394141
Oh sorry I didn't convey what I meant properly.
Wasn't so much about carrying them, but rather the fact that if you want to bro-op the whole shebang, you'd each need to summon for every boss fight the same number of times as there are bros in your party.
I just ran through the whole thing with a ng character, then got summoned in for every area and fight, that way one guy could stay as host and I didn't need to worry about leapfrogging.
Yeah being carried isn't as awesome for sure. Still is kinda fun though...
>>
>>340394034
One thing I forgot to ask:
What about sprinting and jumping?
Will it work the same with 70%+ weight or do I sprint not as fast and jump not as far?

>>340394303
As I already meantioned, we played Bloodborne the same way.
Bloodborne's multiplayer summon system is pretty bad, if you ask me.
At the beginning of every area we decide a host.
The host rings the host bell and the other 2 ring the guest bell.
Easy to do, but it takes it's time until we found each other.
Then we run through the area and kill the boss.
Then we summon each other again at the beginning of the area we just cleared.

It will be the exact same with DS3, but DS3's summon sign system works so much faster for me and my gf.
She can see my sign popping up instantly after I set it + the whole summon animation.
That's pretty fast, compared to Bloodborne, so DS3 will be nice to play together.
>>
if you are looking for a S scaling faith weapon use lothric knight sword, it has S scaling with faith when lightning infused
>>
>>340394141
Lightning infusion is an option that has it's plus sides. If you're truly dedicated to support/aggro and don't mind the lower damage then it saves you a spell slot, sure. If you're going that route try blessed though, it heals you, gives physical based faith damage scaling and wrecks reanimated enemies.
>>
Does anybody know how exactly the Skull Ring and Atonement (miracle) work?
Do I have a larger aggro area around me?
Does my damage built up more aggro then other people's damage even if I do less damage?

>>340395098
Lothric Knight Sword is a bit weaker than Dark Sword.
Is the Lothric Knight Sword comparable to Astora straight sword?
I find Astora straigth sword a bit faster even then dark sword.
I'm gonna look into lothric knight sword vs astora straight sword vs dark sword, thank you.

>>340395098
I do not really think there will be lacking damage when playing with 3 ppl.
I've played with 2 random ppl vs many bosses.
With 3 ppl you can even kill Vordt before he fully enters 2nd phase.
So I guess I could look into Lightning and Blessed infusion.
What does count as reanimated enemies?
Everything that is Undead?
Would mean also PvP extra damage.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.