[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s final opinion on this? I think it's another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: dyinglight.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dyinglight.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
What is /v/'s final opinion on this? I think it's another samey clone from techland but would buy if it's on sale for less than 15 bux
>>
if you haven't played it you're missed out on one of the best Zombiegames of the last 3-5 years. Dying Light is a ton of fun, and the DLC came for a reasonable price and made the game even a lot better.
>>
>>340388823
t. Techland's viral marketer

But serious tho, is it? I think it looks basically the same as Dead Island but the parkour seems kinda neat, was always a big fan of mirror's edge

What mainly suspicious to me is the lack of raging backlash /v/ usually hold for new AAA gaems, so convince me senpai
>>
>>340388661
>I think it's another samey clone from techland
have you played it?

It is a great game, Best game I have played this gen so far.
it is fun, challenging (at night) can get really intense and scary with the volitiles at night.
has loads of exploration and looting, loads of really good easter eggs.
pretty good story.
brilliant coop, although it makes the game a lot easier.
The following DLC is god teir.
also night hunter mode is a good PvP game.
must buy imo.

It is nothing like dead island
>>
>>340389001
Dead Island is trash, DL improved the formula in every way and is a pretty good game.
>>
File: 239140_2016-02-23_00107.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
239140_2016-02-23_00107.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
It's way fucking better than Dead Island was. Even without zombies, the parkour stuff alone would be tons of fun. The Following adds some new gameplay stuff with the upgradeable buggy.
>>
>>340389001
>basically the same as Dead Island
I was hyped for dead island, a day one buy.
basically dead island and riptide has no substance, the quests are nearly all fetch quests or kill X amount of zombies. also the loot and create system is stupid
Dying Light on the other hand has a good story and structure, the loot system is good, it makes exploring important too.

Like you though, because I though the game was the same as dead island I had no plan to buy it, got it cheap one day because I was bored and was surprised how good it actually is.
>>
>>340389001
>shitting on a game you haven't even played
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (8 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
8 KB, 240x200
>>340389182
>>340389157
>>340389048
Hmm, surprisingly nice and helpful for /v/

Aight, seems fun, might shill out for it
>>
>>340389338
>immediately trust all the shills and viral marketers

Gaming is a risky hobby nowaday, gotta stay vigilant for the Jews
>>
Would be GOAT if it was a real survival game, not left click masher.
Got borred after the first city.
>>
>>340389413
as soon as you get the grappling hooks and cool blade weapons, find the harder zombiedudes it get's a lot more interesting. alone it's not as fun as having a coop player, 4 player coop is the shit. had a really great time with my friends running and jumping around, making races to the questmarkers, finding new blueprints and exploring the great city. and the gameplay during the night is just fucking terrifying.
>>
>>340389343
If you're on PC, steam sales start on 23 June
Might want to wait for a definite discount
>>
>>340389401
I doubt anybody would pay shills for a 1-year old Polski game...
>>
>>340389413
>if it was a real survival game
I assume you played on normal and slept all night time.

yea the zombies are nothing unless they swarm and virals can be take out by climbing high and standing your ground, but volitiles and night runners coming at you is some freaky shit, you need to run to survive.
>>
File: meme (252).jpg (25 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
meme (252).jpg
25 KB, 398x500
>>340389593
>>
>>340389654
Heh, dumb zombos

Also you'll be surprise how many shills run on nothing but their own belief that they make the right purchase, this is the new plague in the vidya business
>>
>>340389654
ha I had like 6 volitiles chase me there once and I slid in the shutter felt like a boss, until one of them glitched through the wall and came at me, I nearly died, had to wait out the night inside because they wouldn't go away.
>>
>>340389682
The volatile hives though got pretty easy with the camouflage perk and a strong shotgun.
>>
>>340389001
>I think it looks basically the same as Dead Island
hardly, did you even play that game?
>>
>>340389950
>camouflage perk
yeah it is god mode, but it gives you the option to use it.
I think it is a good think, it is a non immersion breaking cheat.
when I got it I only ever used it when I was picking locks near zombies.
It can make the late game real easy.
>>
>>340389950
>Find an exit to Old Town.
Can you go back to Old Town in The Following without using the main menu?
>>
night in this game is unnerving. i thought it was easy at the start cause i was just exploring and sleeping through nights. then the game forces you to go out. can't remeber the last time i NOPED so fast.
>>
>>340390127
>It can make the late game real easy.
Yeah but I really liked going into groups of a dozen zombies camouflaged, and snapping all their necks.
>>
>>340390315
I don't think you can. I think that was just the quest for some ppl who want to get into the city.
>>
It's fun, but could have used more depth to the gameplay. Also felt the ridiculous elements you can apply to your weapons didn't have a place in the game.
>>
>>340388661
I thought it was great, a real surprise hit and one of the better zombie games that have come out in the last few years.

The movement feels great, the parkour and shit is very well implemented, It's fun and challenging especially at night with the violates, and the DLC is excellent and should be the standard on which all other DLC is compared to.

The zombies themselves are quite varied and have a great amount of density and threat to them.

The only real complaints I have with it is a pretty standard bare bones story to string it all along, and it's focus on melee, the gunplay is trash.
>>
>>340391026
>Also felt the ridiculous elements you can apply to your weapons didn't have a place in the game.

I never bothered using all the electricity and whatever shit you could add, so it ended up giving a more serious feel for me because a lot of the goofy mods you can use just make it all seem too silly, like the freeze grenades and shit.
>>
>>340392728
freeze grenades? lol wow that sounds great
>>
File: 1447614172729.gif (1 MB, 390x317) Image search: [Google]
1447614172729.gif
1 MB, 390x317
>playing the following on hardcore

Jesus fuck once night comes it gets intense as hell
>>
>>340389001
he's not wrong. dying light is probably one of the best zombie games to have come out recently. I would argue that its one of the absolute best.

but that doesnt set the bar very high seeing as zombie games are usually shit.

with that said, dying light is a really good game.
>>
>>340392760
They've got all sorts of goofy shit in there for whatever reason.

It's shit, but I guess cancerous retards get a laugh out of that goofy shit.
>>
>>340389654
try that at night in the same place and you´ll get fucked by volatiles
>>
>>340393221
>left original publisher due to:"Creative Differences"
>repeat the same shit

Top shrek, here come baseball bat with saw blades on fire no.1530567
>>
>>340393772

Precisely. If you're going to do that, you might as well give us some rocket launchers and shit and just make it Doom Zombies or something.
>>
>>340393929
I would play the shit outta that, parkour while firing RPG at 50 foot tall mechanical bull demon zombie? take my money and fuck my wife
>>
>>340394826

Doomguy in Doom 4 already has a double jump and does some parkour stuff.

I'm just imagining like taking Doomguy and just putting him with all of his guns and chainsaws and shit into Dying light and watching 50 zombies explode at the same time and shit with the BFG.

Or firing rockets into a juggernaut or something and watching it's entire top half be vaporized, whatever, just completely one sided slaughter of the undead.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.