[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do all bosses have so little HP? the bosses are fantastic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: soulofcinder.jpg (845 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
soulofcinder.jpg
845 KB, 1920x1080
why do all bosses have so little HP? the bosses are fantastic, have great visuals and almost all of them have unique attacks. but where is the fucking HP? you can play carelessly and facechug most of them with minimal consequences. only pontiff and champion manages to actually punish the player for it in my opinion too
>>
>>340134786
question: is this your first souls game?

if so, post stats. I agree some bosses were garbage, but in dark souls 1, the case was the same.

>moonlight butterfly (I played as ranged and summoned the NPC which everyone who has trouble with the boss should do), pinwheel, capra etc

I had a reasonable challenge as a pyromancer in my first run, and my second run is turning out to be a moderate cakewalk as a sorcerer. What are you playing as?
>>
NG+2 really feels closer to how much health the later game bosses should have had, considering you will have +10 weapons by then anyway.

On my first playthrough, I managed to beat Soul of Cinder on my first attempt without knowing what the fuck I was doing, I only got hit once the entire fight, and he was only in his second form for about 10 seconds. Aldrich was the same story, except I didn't even dodge anything he casted, since I could just chug through his damage. Twin Princes gave me a bit more trouble, but still had too little health (despite being the best fight in the game, by far).

NG+1 feels almost no different from NG, but NG+2 starts to feel like the game should have felt from the beginning. The bosses have a lot more health and do a lot more damage.
>>
>>340135594

If there was a time to implement selectable difficulty levels into Souls games, I think Dark Souls 3 would have been the place to do so, as I already feel pretty bad for people who have it as their first Souls game. I definitely would have liked to play a more difficult game that was balanced more towards long-time fans of the series.
>>
I can't say I agree, it felt like a chore sometimes in BB with the absolutely ridiculous health bars.

I don't think they need to buff end game bosses, rather, just the early ones like deacons, vordt and the abyss watchers.

Ironically, on my sl1 playthrough so far, crystal sage has been the hardest boss, those adds are fucking retarded, so if there was a buff, exclude her
>>
>>340135131
not my first souls game, I have 300+ hours in 1. currently at 220 hours in 3, so I'm just speaking generally, not a specific build. sometimes I actually quit and reload when champion gets to low health
>>
>>340135909
yeah, bloodborne bosses have too much health. but there should've been a middle ground
>>
Could you fucks stop making threads everytime the game looks at you funny?
>>
File: 1443808685654-1.png (404 KB, 878x842) Image search: [Google]
1443808685654-1.png
404 KB, 878x842
Nameless King has that retarded HP pool, tho. But yeah, ESPECIALLY the first half of the game, most of the bosses are pretty squishy. I guess they didn't want a repeat of the Capra Demon salt.
At least it makes up for it, since everything including/after the Lords (minus Aldrich) is fucking great in terms of boss fights. I don't think I was disappointed in any of them. EVEN Ancient Wyvern, which everybody loves to hate on.
>>
>>340136492
can you fucks stop posting everytime my thread looks at you funny?
>>
>>340135818
Should've been a more organic solution like burning ascetics. A burial gift that when burnt throws you into NG+ from the get go.
>>
>>340134786
No. People like you are fucking retards. You're literally arguing for more artificial difficulty for no reason.

Want huge "epic" sized health bars? Play Bloodborne. That's easily one of the worst parts of the game and I'm fucking glad they got rid of it in DS3.
>>
>>340136817
if you just read a few posts above then you would've seen that I said a middle ground would be better. calm down
>>
Too low HP is when the boss doesn't get the chance to use its full moveset. Some people don't even know that soul of cinder has alternate forms during the first phase.
>>
>>340137149
Y'all were overleveled as fuck. I mean, he WAS pretty squishy, but most of his pokes combo into death. If you didn't spend half the match making space to heal, then you had too many SLs or too much armor or something.
>>
>>340134786
Why is the firelink set so fucking skinny
>>
>>340137715
I'm at ng+3 currently, so it's basically impossible to be overleveled at that point
>>
the only time in bb where you feel the health bar burn is during frc chalices. All the bosses in the main game had reasonable amounts of health and damage output

except laurence, he felt like a chalice boss. It was also easier to get wombo-comboed into oblivion in bb, it's hard to get straight up killed from full health in das3.

chalice bosses just weren't as polished or thought out as well as the main game stuff.
>>
>>340134786
Stuck on this faggot on Journey 6. Really wanted to make it to max difficulty, but I can't do it.
>>
File: 1459793728949.jpg (91 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1459793728949.jpg
91 KB, 500x750
>>340134786
>Dark souls is easy
Then do a run without leveling, darling
>>
I know rite. They ought to be fucking sponges, line in Bloodborne.
>>
Stop overleveling.
>>
>>340138396
I think she leveled her HP too high.
>>
>>340138490
Well what level should you be for Soul of Cinder?
>>
>>340139478
40 or 50 with a +6 weapon.
>>
>>340139478
>>
>>340139526
nigga you silly

>>340139478
60-70. at that point you can +10 weapons
>>
>>340139526
>>340139609
I can't see how you don't end up around at least 70 just from clearing areas and beating bosses. You'd have to be actively wasting souls to be lower.
>>
>>340138396
you need to gimp yourself to make the game satisfyingly challenging? nice
>>
>>340138490
read above, I'm at ng+3
>>
>>340135131
I laugh at niggas hating on pinwheel.
You know you're supposed to fight him before Taurus Demon, right?
>>
>>340141803
Not with giving 15,000 souls mate.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.