[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rome-total-war-6.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rome-total-war-6.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
How about a Total War thread.
Discussion/Strategies/Epic Stories/Favorite Game etc.
>>
>>144522705
>>
>>340066805
my fave game is Rome 1
after Rome 2's terrible release I haven't bought Attila and probably won't, I won't be getting warhammer too.
I think I might just stop at Rome 2 and go back to Medieval 2, Rome 1 or Shogun 2 if I get bored of Rome 2.
>>
>>340066805
Seeing you've made this thread, you're probably a fan of the series.
I've never played anything from the total war series, and with the release of tw:wh I'd like to change that since I'm a warhammer fan.

However, I don't know shit about how the game works. I have little experience with RTS only Civ V, go ahead, laugh

What game do I start with?
I've also seen a mod for total war 2 that makes it a 'better' version of tw:wh, is that true?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-beginning-of-the-end-times
>>
>>340068457
Warhammer is alright, what gets me is the total lack of factions on release. Mostly likely going to be released in paid DLC. Rome 2 is pretty good right now in my opinion just wish theyd fix pikes and shit. But over all, Rome 1 is still my favorite. Still playing it to this day.
>>
Rome doesn't work on my Windows 10. Currently playing Warhammer with the Vampires. Already killed Chaos and Dwarfs and at this point I'm just steamrolling the Empire and Bretonnia. Even if the Orcs would invade my armys would destroy the Waaagh-stacks easily.
>>
>>340068691
Honestly Total Warhammer is a pretty good place to start. Work your way back to the more advanced games like Medieval 2 and Rome.
>>
>>340068691
Ive been a fan since the original medieval total war. Warhammer is pretty well balanced with everything but theres a lack of factions. If you were to start on a total war game, Id start with Medieval 2 to get a feel for it. Id say Rome 1 but the steam version has trouble running on modern systems.
>>
>>340068984
I had trouble running it aswell but Im able to run it no problem now. There are a few discussion threads on steam that helped me figure it out.
>>
>>340068691
And i havent been able to try that mod yet.
>>
>>340069020
Imo Attila is the hardest. Rome was one of the easiest TWs since the AI was terrible and you could kill a fullstack with four cavalary units.
I would say one should start with Medieval 2.
>>
>>340068691
>seen a mod for total war 2 that makes it a 'better' version of tw:wh
[play vanilla first, don't mod it until you get a handle on how to play the game.
apparently they have made wh as much noob friendly that they can, but there is an in game encyclopedia.
it isn't a tough rts or sim game, just trial and error, battles depend on strategies too.

>>340068773
I haven't played rome 1 for years, I have it on disc and bought a copy on steam. I will never get rid of that game.
It filled the RTS void for me that C&C used to before EA took westwood over and fucked up the franchise. Been a TW fan since.
I didn't like empire or napolian though, I stayed with M2 until shogun 2 came out.
I actually only started on steam because of shogun 2 mandatory drm.

Rome is my favorite period, so I am happy to stick with rome 2, Just wish we had a family system rather than politics like there was in Rome 1. I never seemed to get attached to my generals or troops like I did in R1.
I did like the legion levelling, that was a good idea, and the settlement edicts
>>
>>340069667
Rome 1 is probably my all time favorite game. They did introduce some good stuff in Rome 2 but it was still a bit disappointing ting to me. AI was one of the reasons I didnt like it that much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.