[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm new to the Fallout series, Fallout 4 was my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ranger.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ranger.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
So I'm new to the Fallout series, Fallout 4 was my first game so I went back and played this, and wow holy shit is this game so much better than Fallout 4. Not even fucking close.
>>
Fallout 3 is also good. Leaving this thread before i get shit.
>>
File: mike tyson.jpg (97 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mike tyson.jpg
97 KB, 640x360
>>340060792
>>340060973

FO3 is fantastic, the green/grey tint just gets oppressive after playing for awhile.

Glad to see people going back from FO4.

I'm not one to usually shit on games, but FO4 was the biggest vidya letdown I've experienced in my entire life. FO3/NV were my favorite RPGs of the xbox 360 era. I made sure I built a gaming PC in time for FO4.

Then that pile of hot garbage got thrown onto me. Uninstalled after beating and never looked back. Fuck you Todd.
>>
>>340060973
It's definitely more enjoyable than 4.
>>
Only atheistic fedora tipper's who stuff objects in their ass prefer NV over 3
>>
>>340061334
Or people with different tastes than yours.
fag
>>
Only fallout I've ever completed was 3, never did many sidequests either. They're all shit desu, oblivion is bethesdas only good game.
>>
>>340061764
>oblivion is bethesdas only good game
Solid 4/10 until that bit, you ruined it.
>>
>>340060792
>trying this hard to fit in.
Just admit that you prefer bethesda fallouts. All the shootin', the explorin', the better graphics. Any normal person would prefer 4 over NV.
>>
>>340062071
> All the shootin', the explorin', the better graphics
But all those fucking suck in F4.
>>
File: dumb toddposter.jpg (67 KB, 500x508) Image search: [Google]
dumb toddposter.jpg
67 KB, 500x508
>>340061334
>>340062071
It's okay Todd reddit likes your games
>>
Anyone with an IQ over 80 agrees. We can only pray Obsidian is given another chance for a new game.
>>
>>340062568
From what I heard, obsidian was in talks to use the FO4 engine to make a new fallout in California again

But that's just stuff said around my gaming community though

I spent an all night doing the Far Harbor and Automatron DLC. Managed to finish far harbor with the best ending possible, DiMA died, convinced him to face his actions, got the girl back home, the harbor was fully decked, everything was done except the children of Atom's stuff
>>
>>340062568
>anyone with an IQ under 80 agrees

FTFY. Obsidian is absolute shit, much like New Vegas.
>>
>>340063186
california? urk theres already 2 games set there
the US is so much bigger!

explore louisiana or seattle dammit!!
>>
>>340063297
NV is a good RPG.

F4 is just shit in any and every aspect. It's a shit FPS, shit RPG, shit sandbox, shit theme park. There is no reason to play it whatsoever.
>>
>>340062417
Do you guys think all those millions of people just bought fallout 4 because of muh rpg. People don't care about autistic walls of text in dialogues or the "lore", or putting points into skills. People only want to shoot n loot stuff in a post apocaliptic setting. Exploring dungeons and creating their own little stories in their head. Feeling like they are playing a walking dead fps. That's it, everything else just dragged the game down and bethesda removed it because they know their audience better than anyone.

>>340062397
They are still done better than in NV. That game varely feels post apocalyptic.
>But muh post post apocalypse
People don't care about rebuilding society and politics. That shit is boring. They want to explore ruins while shooting mutants. And you know i'm right.
>>
>>340064563
>200 years after apocalypse
>people still living in concrete holes

KAY
>>
>>340064563
>They are still done better than in NV.
Not really

>shooting
Marginally more fluid and with *gasp* leaning, at the cost of:
Shitty and unrealistic animations/models

Ridiculously limited weapon variety (replaced by bland weapon customization that doesn't make up for it in the slightest)

Special ammo and and ammo crafting

Not to mention it's still inferior to FPSes made years ago.

>exploring
It's bad. New Vegas might have been a wasteland with location set few and far between, but all or at least the majority of them was interesting and cohesive.

World in F4 in undeveloped and empty by defnition because of the whole settlement bullshit and all the ghoul/supermutant/raider dungeons. Devs literally made a bunch of empty places with nothing in them and expect the player to build them and make their own stories. You literally payed for being a developer.

Even the Glowing Sea, a place with potential, is fucking nothing.

>better graphics
Not necessarily when compared to NV with mods. Everything in Gameryon 2.0 looks like wax figures covered in grease.

And again, still miles behind games made years ago.

>People don't care about rebuilding society and politics. That shit is boring. They want to explore ruins while shooting mutants. And you know i'm right.
You are not.

Those things were what fans of the Fallout cared about and what defined Fallout. If Bethesda wanted to make a post-apo game about shooting shit, they could make a new setting.

But no, they bought Fallout solely to capitalize on the hopes of original fans.
>>
>>340060792
OP is lying out of his mind. Fallout 4 wasn't his first, he made this thread only to point out NV > 4.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.