[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does the entire gimmick wear off after like a week? or do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: htc-vive-product-17.jpg (32 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
htc-vive-product-17.jpg
32 KB, 770x433
So does the entire gimmick wear off after like a week? or do you continue to enjoy VR after the initial "wow" of a new experience ?

Vive sounds fun, but if the games were with a controller they wouldn't exactly be 10/10 GOTYs, m8
>>
The initial "wow" lasts for about an hour, then you realize it adds nothing to the experience and is not really any different than having a regular monitor
>>
I don't understand. You're still using a controller so what is the fucking point?

Here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTo7xMiDQ8A

This is real VR and it's fucking shit.
>>
>>340042927
I have a dk2 and vorpx and ive been playing alot of shit since, still do races and flights.
I tested both the vive and the new rift, and they dont improve that much, i can still see the red dots wich is a killer. Ill wait for a non pentile display version with the same or higher res.

This shit was made for sims, the HMD revolution was the imput lag, now, no one talks about that, because that barrier is long gone, so no one gives a fuck, except the people who had an older versio wich had 200ms+ of imput lag in the motion tracking.

Now that roomscale bullshit is the worst, was made for a specific task inside a niche marked inside another niche market.
>>
>>340042927
Best thing about VR is the cheap graphic cards on the horizon.
>>
Either way I'll eventually get VR because muh imersive hentai games
>>
>>340042927

>immersion

The average "gamer" of today plays a game for 5 minutes, then tabs out to browse something, tabs to a chat, tabs to some forum, tabs to a news site, check their phone for new twitter/tumblr/instagram/facebook posts then gets back to the game.

Noone is going to sit there for hours and have that on their head "getting lost" in some 3d VR experience, the attention span became way too short.
>>
>>340044740
Usually when I play a video game it's in 4-hour intervals, assuming the free time is there.

I'm not looking at anything else. Jesus Christ do people still use all those sites? I deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts like two years ago because no one I knew was using them anymore.
>>
>>340044929

have you interacted with anyone younger recently?
I have the misfortune of having younger siblings and cousins so I see how they behave and how their friends behave

they literally have their iphone glued to their hand 24/7
>>
File: ooa.jpg (62 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ooa.jpg
62 KB, 600x337
>>340042927
I'm enjoying my roomscale vr.
The games that are worth a shit are all still early in development, as its all new hardware.
Playing out of ammo is fun as fuck. When you micro, you actually micro, as in get inside one troop, shoot, reload and take cover.
The kinetic hallucinations are a bit of a bitch though.
>>
>>340045196
My younger brother just turned 18 last month. He's yet to own his first cellphone, much less an iPhone, and he's never had a Facebook account.
>>
consoles are a gimmick
>>
>>340045389
>parenting in the new age of technology
>just buy a tablet and put a flashy video to the kid so he stop crying
>it works
and then you have youtube videos with compliations of that shit with 90 million views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUeMTbCh1d0
The future is promising, when those kids grow up.
>>
>>340044678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnzCzV9Dnvs
What a time to be alive!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.